/ovg/ - Mikeymas Edition

Make sure to check out Assetto Corsa and rFactor 2 on sale on Steam, both games that will probably be used for future series.

Previous Thread: Our Wiki will answer every question you could possibly have. All frequently asked questions can easily be found on the main page itself:
>get-good.net

Swing by our Mumble server and introduce yourself!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

Join the /ovg/ group on Steam!
>steamcommunity.com/groups/ovgonsteam

Equipment Guide
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0

Skinning guide with rF2-specific help:
>mega.nz/#!ygMSASyZ!ai1NXzFwq174ZmQYi3V_48eeEOCr_z4YOo9g8txxlDU

We're racing on the weekends. Check out our Google doc for more info!
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/11951796
youtube.com/watch?v=-eA6NTRTbe4
mediafire.com/?ks0eg6a3j9x4z7k
mega.nz/#!DVVE3BRZ!FdcC8xciC6jT73fG_3xKa5BG_nlCOCAwJ5amKjyeX0M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>not using a santa picture

HES DRIVING

strawpoll.me/11951796

Poll for a possible AC series. So lets get this out of the way.

>GT3 BoP
I'm guessing you would do it with weight ballast?

Yeah, certain weight amounts can be applied to all of that particular car on the server.

i thought there were meme races tonight?

I forget, does AC require DLC to race against it?

>online access for this account has expired

I thought it was free now??

:^)

````free'''' just paypal them 30 dollars and it will be free for life!

>I forget, does AC require DLC to race against it?
If the server has DLC on it yes.

GT4 ONLY CAYMAN

SHIT POLL

switch to steam and its free

I did, it won't let me play on the anything but the new build. fucking shit

campfire round 1

you are a dumbass

hurrdurrrrrrr you're a genius but really I did that and when I attempt to join anything on that build it gives me the error "online access for this account has expired" .

Already happened m8

oh well guess I didn't see a time posted anywhere

And that's it

looks like flatout 2

Not but I put a Porsche Cup car server up on Mugello to try it out and dickwave laptimes on stracker whenever I figure it out.

Server name WAT: Porsche Cup password 4ch.

pls no bop starking

Porsche Cup would be less dramatic and more enjoyable imo
still down for GT3 tho

happy christmas hope u don't flip

>put in everything I can to pull a 1:54.1
>maybe 0.3-0.5 seconds left to find
>larguu puts in a 1:53.0
>"there's maybe a second to find"
>mfw
Will I ever be fast

just watch the replay pov

huh, inb4 only the latest builds have code that doesn't check for the online pass

Which cars are good competition for the gt3 r 2016?

What tracks will we be using?

anyone wanna upload a decent nords setup for this car?

Why is Keira such a qt?

Does anyone else absolutely love her voice and personality.

God I fell in love with this girl. She reminds me of someone I know IRL so much.

I love Kira's voice and personality too

Ya'll have horrible taste. GT4s should be first.
Merry Christmas faggots.

youtube.com/watch?v=-eA6NTRTbe4

>bop
They're stock content, they should be balanced no?

Which game has the closest physics to driving a real car?

F-Zero AX because of the moving cabinet

Forza Motorsport. Don't listen to fags that tell you otherwise.

>Can't get the Logitech gaming software to recognise my dfgt
fug
I've already tried looking on the Internet and tried some solutions, anyone else has had this problem before and know a fix?

Which version of the software are you using? The newer one is for the G29/920

Also try plugging it directly to the motherboard.

Yeah I've just fixed it, I didn't realise I couldn't use the newer one, the DFGT needs the 5.09 to work properly apparently

Yeah they do need the old version. It's so much better, I almost feel bad for the ones who have to use the new version.

>DFGT needs the 5.09 to work properly

Make sure you tun off auto update drivers, for some reason it downloads the drivers for the a different wheel and you can't change it without reinstalling Profiler.

Are all the AC Porsche packs out, Steam is saying the third pack is pre-purchase only but was released on the 20th?

Also, should I (I have everything else)?

Cracked version is a bitch to use (you have to click twice to load any car, manaul close the game when you want to drive something else, and sometimes you lose ffb randomly). If you have the money and play ac alot it's worth it to just buy them.

>GT4 (only Cayman and Gran Turismo MC)
Aren't the Lotus 2-Eleven and KTM X-Bow also GT4 cars?

Try different USB ports. If that doesn't work, reinstall the Logitech Gaming Software (keep in mind that you need version 5.10 and not the most recent one)

If you have everything else, might as well keep giving your shekels to stefano.

mediafire.com/?ks0eg6a3j9x4z7k

mega.nz/#!DVVE3BRZ!FdcC8xciC6jT73fG_3xKa5BG_nlCOCAwJ5amKjyeX0M

Not him. but the 2 eleven only comes with semi-slicks.
I havent tried the X-bow though

Cool. Now some go and steal Robbie Gordon's stadium truck, so we can get the data from it.

Until that time comes, a dissenter is fine too.

I can't tell if the cars are mods for Dirt 3 or if the track is a mod for rFactor.

What have we come to

>rfactor 2 Clios
>AMS/GSCE Minis
>Dirt 3 track

I assume that it's rF2, though I'm not sure. It might as well be AC for all I know.

On a related note, we'd need to convert the Stadium Super Trucks from AMS, they're incredible fun.

There's already sst from rfactor so you wouldn't have to deal with the ams funny business "improvements"

>leaves me with multi-class sports car series with YURO HOURS ONRY and fucked class splits (35 car GT3 and HPD only second splits, top fucking kek)

That last part is kinda because almost nobody runs the C-spec, so even if three people do in the same timeslot they're basically guaranteed to be together in split 1.

is there an update+crack download for the new rf2 version yet?

Are we going to do anything today on AC or RF1?

I wanna tooj for fun desu. Last year around this time OVGTouge started.

fug I opened something up in single player after that

why is replay handling so shit in this game

>Spec shit is winning

Welp, this series is going to be shit if it ever happens

AC, rF2, and rF based ones.
Grip under optimum conditions is incredibly sticky, I've never driven something like that irl.
Damage to components is a bit too simplified, but I guess it's ok since it's not about trashing the car.
Tires might behave weirdly in AC, SS might overheat in less than a lap and are (or used to be) useless, M last forever and hold temp well without any important deg, never used hards.
rF/2 has potential in the engine, but in the end it comes down to how well made the mod is, many times the momentum is that of a brick on wheels, instead of proper balance. Other mods are great and I feel they represent well what I know.

Sometimes TC and Stabilization is too optimal since I think it's generalized for all cars, not per factory settings of each car, I think, don't quote me on anything I've written so far. Ideally you turn them off to avoid that.

Breaks are way too good in AC, I don't know if they finally added dynamic parameters to it or if they are still static values.

Spec is less of a hassle to take part in and run, we can't even run a series to completion usually so I think it's fine to start simple.

>I think it's fine to start simple.

ovg is dying. We are driving away people almost every day.

What makes you think that?

Can confirm, I got driven out yesterday. No what do you mean I'm still here

Only people who are mumble participate in races nowadays, it's mostly the same people, desperately clinging into the "Dude who cares it's fun lmao" excuse.

When people say mumble is shit, they do not mean it because they spout memes. It's because it's a hugbox, where everyone goes to stroke their egos.

Fuck off spec is great. It means anyone can join and there is no MUH OP CAR on top of everyone will be able to have a battle with someone

>no different cars with different characteristics
>Conga line for 30 mins if you're lucky
>Half the people get left behind by people who can make a decent setup if you're not

yawn. Spec is shit. Deal with it.

Have you even driven a spec series? People are going to be left behind regardless of the series and cars. Set up isn't everything, you also need skill to be quicker then everyone else. Even then not everyone is good at every track.

oh hey and like clockwork its the whiny cunt. im sure your parents want to see you for christmas so stop "trolling" for 3 seconds and get out of your basement to meet them you failure

Anybody else trying to do the Forzathon challenge to get the HE Ford GT but can't find a lobby where anybody would do Playground Games? Just shitters fucking around in races

>gt3
>bop
Xd dead on arrival.

quality shitposts on christmas you sad cunt

One of the few times POWERRRR is right in a year Maryy CHristmas

>Act like a retard
>People actually call it out
>"You're a whining little prick!"

Sure thing bud. Every one is at fault except you.

>"Dude who cares it's fun lmao"
Is that a bad reason to race?

People don't race anymore apart from the usual people. Everyone is quick to throw an excuse.
>Using simtek
>RF2
>Enduracers
>AC
>RF1
>open wheel
>DRM
And when someone mentions that hey just parrot that line, and they are contradicting themselves, because what they really mean is "Please join my series that I specifically want to run".

Apart from GT3s and maybe OVGTP, every single other series was like that.

I do drive every day, unlike you it seems as youre always shitposting

>Deer fuck face developers
>stop making all courses straight aways

Good for you kahimi. You're still cancer though. Just like the people who promote circlejerking with shit like this.

What'd you get for christmas /ovg/?

Oh I know that's just what's funny. I only own the C-spec and it only gets 1/6 of the field despite not splitting so that series is NOPE.

a pc, can finally stop playing games on integrated graphics
on that note, does anyone know how to make rf2 look good? I've got most of the settings cracked up but it still looks bad

Hey don't pull me into this, I tell you all your non-GT3 ideas are dumb but Porsche Cup is fine if people actually vote for it. 30 votes total is fucking nothing though.

Rf2 looks fine

If you have eye retardation then there's sweetfx and reshade

end yourself cleanly please

>Make a picture for fun of the anons that patronised our series in the past and were not in the original picture
>Somehow considered circlejerking

I swear I had no ill intents. AND I'M STILL HERE GODDAMNIT.

Thrustmaster t300 base and alcantara wheel with the nice three pedals, and a gt omega racing wheel stand.

Maybe upgrade to stick and stuff later, good setup? I want new toys

This
first AC shit in a while, better to have it be spec cars

>spec shit

Yes, spec shit should do well for the first run

>spec shit should do well for the first run
and the last. 'Cause 4 people will show while the rest will throw a shit fit about having to use the "evil kunos product"

Oh I thought that people wanted to have fun and that's about it
thanks for elaborating, now use a trip pls

Why do you think that? Reminder no fun is allowed in ovg

>no fun is allowed in ovg
hahahahahahahahnahahahahaha epic my friend, simply epic irony haha

Hush now.
Come again tomorrow.

And btw, merry christmas you loser. Now sober up.