There's so many religions out there. Buddhism, paganism, christianity, taoism, there's so fucking many

There's so many religions out there. Buddhism, paganism, christianity, taoism, there's so fucking many.

My question is, which one is the RIGHT one? Out of all of these, which one is TRUE?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Mh5LY4Mz15o
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Mine

this

I believe in a divine creator but I don't believe in any of these religions. I'm not a Bahia but I think the religions of the world are murky corrupted versions of the true nature of God and to become wise you should study them all.

Bahai *

That's fucking stupid. Catholicism already has all the answers, anything you could possibly need from a religion.

Why would anyone stray from that unless they were a pseudo-intellectual man-child?

your body is your temple, sacred, never to be defiled, teach your kids in like, do not live beyond your means, have enough, do what is right

Christianity is a pile of bullshit made for man babies like you.

Why is the symbol for paganism the same as the one for manichaeism?

>Catholicism already has all the answers

If by 'answers', you mean 'pedos', then yes, it does

Probably none.

doesn't mean there is no god.

Doesn't mean there is.

Beside the point, really.

It's not an important question.

Quite a butthurt post, tbqh.

Yours is quite the butthurt post

no u

No religion is 'true' because every one is conceived in the limitations of the human mind. Even the idea that it either has to be something or nothing, is a fallacious way of thought, because our idea of nothing is just "not matter"

Naturalistic pantheism seems like it makes sense though, if I had to pick one.

>a religion which literally says "just BELIEVE and don't try to actually understand the secrets of the universe while ultimately improving yourself, be a gud boi, and everything will be OK ;^), no questions asked btw" is the most true
Whatever floats your boat, user.

Back to

>tfw I admire eastern philosophies and secretly read about it all the time
>tfw I don't buy into bible
>tfw I'd like to join an eastern religion but feel obliged to christianity for social and cultural reasons
>tfw christianity is the only thing holding the western identity against globalism and mass cultural homogeneity
>tfw in converting to an eastern religion you help advance the goals of the (((globalist elites))): that is a one world global uniform deracinated gray mass and one syncretic religion to go with it

Nice bait

All religions try to provide answer to the unknown. No religion can be objectively "right" because every religion assumes things that can't be proven or disproven (same applies to atheism). You have to look at the common thread here: just about every religion, in some way or another, preaches that you should be excellent to each other. So do that - be a good fellow and keep it mellow, Jello.

Yours.
If anyone says otherwise, call them names and ridicule whatever they worship until they believe in your religion.

What bait? I'm can only be this honest on an anonymous site.

None.

I just learned about Shinto in my Japanese culture class and apparently it's not really a RELIGION per se

also being shown this video in a college course made me kek
youtube.com/watch?v=Mh5LY4Mz15o
>me and other weebs cracking up

So like, agnostic?

>religion includes claims for which it is impossible to demonstrate even on a theoretical level
>religion includes claims about the physical world which are demonstrably false
>religion includes built-in defense mechanisms against inquiry or examination

Yeah real cute. It's like they fully intend for only actual retards to buy this shit.
Into the trash.

>Catholicism already has all the answers
Wrong. God does, through Christ and the Holy Spirit, does. Catholicism is a heresy anyway, a power trip of the Bishop of Rome. This is shown since they broke off through the conquest, forced conversion, innovations, "popes and anti-popes", and all that other mess. Not to mention Protestantism... heresy begets heresy.

>God Tier
Zen Buddhism, Taoism, Hermeticism, Shamanism
>Top Tier
Mahayana Buddhism, Confucianism, Neoplatonism
>Great Tier
Theravada Buddhism, Gnosticism, Rosicrucianism
>Good Tier
Hinduism, Kabbalah, Hellenic Paganism
>Okay Tier
Orthodox Christianity, Sufism, Scientific Materialism
>Shit Tier
Catholicism, Protestantism, Sunni Islam
>Kill Yourself
Jehovah's Witnesses, Shia Islam, Rabbinic Judaism, Satanism, Norse Paganism

lmao got emm >XD

look at this fuckin weeb

>Scientific Materialism
>religion

If you haven't studied it yet, might I suggest Sikhism?

There are a ton of sites out there but if any one is selling crystals or talking about yoga, they're probably the Americans who have co-opted some sikh principles for profit. Imagine that. I happen to like the Basics of Sikhi British guys but I'm sure Guruji will show you the way.

>tl;dr rituals are a waste of time, focus on god and be nice to each other

That's my impression of it so far.

All and none. If there was a divine creator, it would know it's creations would interperet it in many forms and allow the many religions to spread to ensure that he would still be revered in the event that one particular faith fell. Redundancy is the ultimate protection.

Egoistically speaking the one that you where born with or that catches your interest.

Truthefully speaking, christianity and to a minor extent Judaiism, and to a much more minor extent Sikhism.

No one knows, and anyone that claims to know is just trying to sell you their brand of faith.

>Truthfully speaking Christianity

Based on? How does one even objectively name one religion to hold more truth than others?

>Zen Buddhism
Into the trash it goes

Zen is part of Mahayana Buddhism.

So is Vajrayana, but both are pretty distinct.

The vast majority of terrorist attacks come from Sunni Muslims, yet you rank Shia Islam beneath it. What?

The one on the back of my mom's car

>but feel obliged to christianity for social and cultural reasons
Congrats yer like 90% of all other Christians

>globalism
>globalist elites
I don't know what you're saying but you made Alex Jones angry

Universe is too big for humans to be significant and any religion to be true.
Billions of rocks and god/gods graced ours for some reason.

Truth is ultimately subjective, so the question is meaningless.

The Logos.

None is true. They are all based in fictions. Santa isn't real either, sorry.

At this moment I feel euphoric

Christianity is not a religion. All the rest are.

Religions are systems of bondage invented by men to reach up to God.

Just believe in whatever you think is right.
Be a good person and most religions will let you into paradise.

It's not an organized religion. In Western terms, it's a bit like traditional paganism.

So are there any actual Christians by your standards?

Modern day Japan is a good case study of what happens when a traditional "pagan" faith survives into the modern age. That is, the locals keep the traditions around for fun but don't actually believe in it. I imagine if Christianity didn't get started we'd have shrines to Dionyisus and Jupiter scattered about in the same fashion. Where people just come to sit in peace rather than genuinely worship, maybe leave a donation.

IHS is a Pagan symbol of Rome

Orthodoxy is heresy. Put your faith in Christ Jesus and him only.

I remember reading a book, maybe it was a webpage, that suggested that most Japanese "believe" in their gods in the same sense that the average American/European "believes" that a four-leaf clover is good luck, or that the number 13 is bad luck. Does that sound about right?

>millenial something-ism standing by

Of course, and it's not "by my standards", I'm not in any place to judge. I was an atheist for half my life, and found Christ through the guidance of the Holy Spirit found the Orthodox Church, it's millennia-old tradition directly going back to the Apostles, strictly on the Gospels. No deviations like Papal Supremacy that fosters pride or Sola/Solo Scriptura that eschews all tradition and arrogantly thinks that 1600 years of Christ's Church and Inspiration through the Holy Spirit is wrong.

Yeah that sounds on the money. Strongly held and affirmed belief seems like more of an abrahamic virtue.

>it's millennia-old tradition directly going back to the Apostles
Meme
>eschews all tradition
Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.
Mark 7:13

Anthropic Principle.
Since humans exist we presuppose that our universe was created by a (suspiciously humanlike) God agent.
If there was a universe with no life then there would be no one around to countenance a God or any other concept for that matter.
This demonstrates that a human like agent God most likely doesn't exist since it is possible for humans to not exist (in the past or in the future).

FPBP

Every Christian has the Holy Spirit living in them.

No Holy Spirit, not a Christian.

How do you measure how many units of HS that a person's body contains?

Take vedic hinduism, the polytheist kind.
Compare indoeuropean religions.
Make your own bastard out of that and hellenize the shit out of it by integrating the befitting philosophy (celsus, Cicero) while absorbing all prayer attire and aesthethics form catholicism.
Ask a physician if he thinks he can debunk it in 3 minutes, if yes you failed.
Pray to Sol inviktus-divine manifestation of cool-fusion at your converted catholic homealtar by lighting a candle.

>Meme
Really now? How about your explain that one.
>Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.
Mark 7:13
Of none effect? Tradition is the opposite. Read about the Holy Fathers, the Saints, their full devotion to Christ and God, through living as Christ did, just as the Apostles did.

>units

How do you know if someone has the Holy Spirit in them?

The Holy Spirit in you tells you that they do. And you love them.

Did oil and water have anything to do with your salvation?

So the Holy Spirit is Midichlorians?

>Really now? How about your explain that one.
Orthodox and Catholic traditions are novlties from hundreds of years after he deaths of the apostles
>Of none effect? Tradition is the opposite.
You've just contradicted the verse. Repent and believe the gospel.

Yes. Live long and prosper.

You're right. It's not a religion, it's an oversized cult that should've been wiped out 1800 years ago.

No, only God, through His Son and the Holy Spirit. The Scriptures, both the Old and New Testaments, along with Sacred Apostolic Tradition are the divine Sources in which Almighty God revealed His Will and which the Church accepted as being the only depository for these truths. The content of the Scriptures was written by chosen and inspired persons, prophets and disciples, under the guidance of the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is the Supreme Author and Guardian under Whose direction and protection the Scriptures become the inspired and infallible Source of faith and salvation. The Fathers of the Church expounded the content of the Scriptures in sermons and homilies in order to spread their meaning and blessings.
Anyway, realize 1,600 years of Church tradition, as described, is not something to be disregarded, nor are Sacrements to be cherry-picked.

>THIS autism

Holy shit

ok bud. God Bless.

Sacraments can't save. Faith alone saves.