MUSCLE

Guys tell me everything you can about muscle cars.

Other urls found in this thread:

texasmile.net/pdf/200MPHClubBeevilleTexas_Dec2016.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=p35B6N293WM
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dodge_Charger_Daytona
youtube.com/watch?v=DVF0_f6fdsA
roadtests.tripod.com/
slantsix.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27094&sid=a8deb12f281a822891737e0281245596
philadelphia.craigslist.org/cto/5920511883.html
youtube.com/watch?v=-HQ7imLw1Vw
slantsix.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27633&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15&sid=f50f5361dcda437852c37f6d73638eb2
youtube.com/watch?v=G3h9J2mgEyA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

They're long as modern full size cars, gets all the looks, gets all the girls.

How do I properly go about purchasing a good muscle car

They are big cars.

for you

You can't because of boomers.

slow fat handles like dog shit
gets rekt by a bone stock fwd honda minivan in a race...

what did he mean by this?

1. figure out what kind of car you want and around what year, the big 3 GM/Ford/Dodge all offered multiple options over the years
B. figure out your budget
III. figure out if your choice of car can be had on your budget

otherwise its like most other cars, look for rust, test drive it, have a mechanic put it on a lift and check out the frame, check common rust areas like wheel wells for bondo

boomers are Veeky Forums's boogieman like SJWs are /pol/'s or females are /r9k/'s

Find a boomer that thinks putting $30k into a muscle car project makes it worth $60k.

Make him a offer for $30k

Wait

Come back when he's desperate to sell it and offer him $25k

Enjoy your burnouts, stop light drags and cruising in style.

ugly
slow
cant handle
ride like shit
bad mpg
sound awful

some of the worst cars on the planet
cars for those without a drop of taste

>slow
My 455ci engine with upgraded cam, heads, intake and carb makes 470hp and runs 11-12 second quarter miles. Stock from the factory it was 370hp / 480 ft lbs of torque. Hardly slow.
>fat
All muscle cars are big. That's like complaining a luxury car is big. It's part of the appeal.
>handles like dog shit
It's made to go fast in a straight line and that's what it does. Tracked muscle cars can have suspension and handling upgrades added.

>ugly
An era when safety regulations didn't effect vehicle design made them uglier? Not many people would agree that new wind tunnel design looks as nice as the clean edges and small deck, long fender design of a muscle car.
>slow
>cant handle
>ride like shit
Literally all easy upgrades if it's important to you. You can swap out a dull straight 6 for a performance crate engine cheap now. Suspension and handling kits are readily available. Muscle cars are built to a person's preference.
>bad mpg
It's a hobbyist vehicle for weekend driving, you're not putting 50k on it a year
sound awful
Meanwhile new vehicles are made with sound bits of carb big blocks to simulate the sound of old cars.

Oldsmobile made the first muscle car and the best muscle cars. Hurst/Olds is a name still spoken of in only hushed, revered whispers.

This message was paid for by the Church of the Holy Rocket.

>muh upgrades

aka how to spend thousands to be worse than something like a Honda

your big ugly shitboxes have 0 good qualities

>baby boomers spend tens of thousands on dollars on top of an already expensive car to be slower than burger flipping funded 90s fwd hondas
roflmao

They're all show, no substance. Lots of looks and noise and smoke, but mediocre acceleration for their power levels, terrible top speed due to their shape, and absolutely -horrid- in any type of corner situation. Basically fifty years old technology with too much power for its own good. I mean, I don't mind if someone likes these show cars, but please don't pretend like they actually perform well.

>terrible top speed due to their shape

The Superbird would like to have a word with you. 99% of modern European cars struggle to hit 200mph or anywhere near that. While rednecks were doing it in slightly modified street cars.

yup

Ive seen eBay Civics run 11s and 10s that cost less to build than an engineless rolling rustpile muscleshit

used to like muscle til I realized how awful they are

love this cherrypicking that uses a racecar too

>making a comparison between a 50 year old hobbyist vehicle and a new mass produced economy car

Really comparing apples to oranges here. If you're buying a vehicle to be cost effective and efficient, of course a muscle car isn't the best choice.

And it's really not that expensive. You can build a fully upgraded car to your custom specifications for far less than the cost of a new production line muscle car.

Except that those things were low production number homologation models for the explicit purpose of being able to run them in NASCAR, and even then
>On the street, the nose cone and wing were very distinctive, but the aerodynamic improvements hardly made a difference there or on the drag strip. In fact, the 1970 Road Runner was actually quicker in the quarter mile and standard acceleration tests due to the increased weight of the Superbird's nose and wing. Only at speeds in excess of 60 mph (97 km/h) did the modifications begin to show any benefit.

It's hardly a racecar by modern standards. Back then the cars were actually based off of production cars. The race version has a roll cage and a tuned engine.

texasmile.net/pdf/200MPHClubBeevilleTexas_Dec2016.pdf

As you can see it's easy to hit 200mph in a modern american muscle car if you throw enough money at it.

I just want to chime in about the handling misconception, ALL TIRES and rubber in general was very different in the 60's than it is today. That's why the cars are conceived as doing poorly, when in reality, on modern rubber, they do pretty fan fucking tastic considering the cave man tech suspension geometries and heavy as fuck chassis

>slow
no. You're the kind of fag that looks at the horsepower numbers and thinks he knows.
These engines produced assloads of torque because at best, you had 4 gears on 17 inch wheels.
here's a good example, a stock 1 barrel 225 slant six made 145 hp peak, but 215 ft lbs of torque. This was a low compression economy engine.
> fat
no, they're starting to become lighter than a decked modern car.

>handles like dog shit
I'll grant you that but the huge aftermarket means this is easily fixed.

still a lot to spend on a shit platform

muscle is never a good choice

its a racecar

all there is to it

>As you can see it's easy to hit 200mph in a modern american muscle car if you throw enough money at it.

wow

you mean every car ever

not impressed

>only hushed, revered whispers.
you're the only fag on this board that cares about Hurst and their overpriced shifters.

gross hp

and the cars that had them did 0-60 in like 15 seconds

slow
inefficient
garbage

>gross hp
What about it?

>and the cars that had them did 0-60 in like 15 seconds
Actually no, a 440 equipped Road Runner had a 0-60 5 seconds and a 13.5 1/4. Keep in mind this is before modern performance upgrades lmao, this thing was making like 290 net hp.

You fags fail to realize that all this modern safety, infotainment bullshit has pushed the weight of a modern car well beyond most cars of the 60's to early 70's.
Additionally, it's literally 0 effort to get 4-500 net hp from a small block of the big 3, the aftermarket is so swamped with parts that they're all pretty cheap.

You gobble up and vomit Veeky Forums memes to make you feel good about your clowncar shitbox.
Post your car rn. Show me your muscle car killer.

you cant even stay on topic

a 440 isnt a 225 fucktard

most muscleshits were 14 second cars at best

>muh upgrades

this is getting cringey

>a 440 isnt a 225 fucktard
even a 225 could manage an 8 second 0-60 and most people didn't have one until the fuel crisis.

>most muscleshits were 14 second cars at best
lol no

still waiting for picture of car.
If all you can do is snap a bus pass that's fine too.

>Post your car rn
post your cantturn musclebarge poofta cunt

So this is the power of top of the line racing spec muscle cars.

Holey shit it's worse than i thought!

Post your speedo on 185 and i'll concede.

Why the fuck do some morons think that whatever car you own somehow validates or invalidates your arguments? I don't have to own a Ferrari to realize that muscle cars are noturn shitbarges. Go fuck yourself crosswise with your bullshit.

>even a 225 could manage an 8 second 0-60

no

you are mentally handicapped if you actually believe this

>and most people didn't have one until the fuel crisis.

no it was a shitbox engine well before that

>lol no

lol yes

only the fastest could get into the 13s and plenty of those were modified for the test

>still waiting for picture of car.

aka you hurt my feelings enough to where I need to see your car to make up shit about it

oh look I was right

even thats wrong since how they were geared from the factory they would be able to get about to 150 ish tops

maybe more if you wanted to blow the engine

>Why the fuck do some morons think that whatever car you own somehow validates or invalidates your arguments?
Because envy colors most arguments on Veeky Forums.

still waiting.

>no
yep

>no it was a shitbox engine well before that
Shitbox or not it still made more torque than a hoopdie civic.

>only the fastest could get into the 13s and plenty of those were modified for the test
nah

>doesnt post his car
roflmao busriding baby boomer jerker btfo

this

this guy has sucked too much boomer dick and probably doesnt even know what hes talking about

I hope no one is this retarded willingly

According to Veeky Forums i don't have a car no matter what i post :^)

This guy has sucked too many japanese micropenises and probably doesn't even know what he's talking about.

>mu.muh can't turns!

youtube.com/watch?v=p35B6N293WM

soo now youre a confirmed no car kid who is just posting random shit no matter how irrelevant

figures

Nope, try again.
Veeky Forums is perpetually assmad at muscle cars because they can't have one. This thread only highlights the issue.

>posts video of shitheap cantturn barge spinning out
roflmao thanks for proving us right

this kid is actually deluded like legit

>gets mad when the cantturn narrative is shattered
KEK

post speedo on 185.

you cant even find a Superbird doing 185 because they cant do it

its fun watching you get more and more desperate and acting like a child lashing out

>you cant even find a Superbird doing 185 because they cant do it
Yeah that's because the Daytona is the one doing 200mph you completely stupid faggot.

>Arguing with people who don't know the subject matter.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dodge_Charger_Daytona

According to Veeky Forums this video shouldn't be possible.
Lmao keep sending me shit to disprove.

and you still act like a desperate child that does nothing but prove his ignorance

this is funny

nope, proving you wrong is pretty damn fun.
I love watching japscrapfags squirm when the reality that their cars are shit hits them.

>i can't tell the difference between a Superbird and a Daytona better call him a kid
lmao

man you are really lashing out now

maybe you will prove something one day

but for now you will just act like a kid

The only thing im lashing is muh dik with your tears lmao
nice quads fag, shame you wasted them.

waiting to hear your thoughts on this reality-shattering video

Im waiting for you to prove something

well prove something that doesnt show off your massive amount of ignorance that is

something you cant do

youve been wrong 100% of the thread so far

>Im waiting for you to prove something
I'm waiting for you to actually post a single argument ITT but i still get nothing.

>pp..plEase!..you're wrong!

come on user give us a Christmas miracle

prove your something more than a retard with a bunch wrong beliefs about msucleshit

oh wait you cant

ignoring arguments and changing the subject everytime you get shut the fuck up is all you can do

Why do weebs always come into these threads?
I don't even like muscle cars, but at least I'm not a weeb faggot.

also stop posting that same fucking picture of a shitty rx7 every day. get some new pics.

come on user give us an argument.
You can't even back up a single statement, what a dayum shame. I see i'll have to barter with you, you post some shred of evidence of any claim you have and i'll post my rustbucket.

Boomers ruined buying good old cars for everyone, Fucking losers, I just want my old comfy weekend project car without paying boomer tax.

look for 4 door anything.
boomers want the coo-pay's

Boomers are no different than the weeaboos who pay 8k for an ae86, those who dump money into a 240sx, jack off over JDM skylines, or the fools who actually (lmao) buy a toyubaru.

Its just a fad.

>pic related: my favorite muscle car which I will own one day

I dont care about your piece of shit

Ill post evidence just so I can see how youll deny the facts

>muscleshits mostly ran 14s at best

roadtests.tripod.com/

even has the source magazine some of which you can find online plenty had trick tuning from the factory open headers or even slicks

>225 can do 0-60 in 8 seconds

slantsix.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27094&sid=a8deb12f281a822891737e0281245596

even the modified cars dont do it

the mere thought of anyone thinking otherwise is hilarious

>Superbird/Daytona (same car ignorant fuck) cant do those speeds

factory cars simply cant

impossible with the gearing tire sizes and engine limitations

simple calculations will tell you that (sorry you have to look into that yourself but Im sure you will just say no argument lmao)

>caring about stock cars that are 40-50 years old
bread on hood faggot. I'm calling you out.

now. and i'm not that guy, i just think you are a fag.

bread. hood. meow.

yeah sure your not

fuck of already kid

No for real, you are a serious douche.
Post ur ride. You think anyone who drive a 50 year old emission exempt car on its fifth rebuild is stock? KYS.
Bread. On your Honda. Or the local bus, whatever you take.

>this level of damage control

this is what happens when mentally stunted children get faced with facts

he doesn't have a car. just ignore video gamers.

They look cool, drive like shit, and generally have poor build quality. Easy to repair, upgrade, and maintain though, since the tech is ancient and very simplistic.

I just read your posts and your autism triggered me. Come on dude, bread on hood. Let's have a dick waving contest.
Is that what it is? Because any american knows old cars can be fast as shit. Guess young and/or yuropoor.

aaaaaand it keeps going

he got his ass kicked in an argument so has to change the topic and go with the damage control

one of the saddest people Ive seen on Veeky Forums in a while

I really want a 67 impala 4 door baby replica because supernatural is the only tv show i enjoy these days but boomers + supernatural fans + supernatural fan boomers made them skyrocket from $500 to 10-20k

Yea, I hope we get the chance to own our dream cars. I'll stick with my econobox daily until i can find 1

I'm literally not that guy bro. Nobody cares about factory numbers for a 50 year old car lmao. Post bread on ur hood so I can show you my DD shitbox that probably is worth more and is faster, yuropoor.

You really going to tell me my grandpa's 69 vette 427 is SLOW? Sure, my bmw is faster, but its also 50 years newer.

lol

you are trying really hard and its just not working

The only people that drive american muscle cars in norway are men in their 50-60s, do younger girls like them in the US? In norway its kinda its own subculture that mainly is for lower class (kinda our equivalent of white trash) but they keep the cars in PRISTINE condition and only drive them to meets and sunday driving in the summer.

not sure where you are, here's a good example. You just have to look.
philadelphia.craigslist.org/cto/5920511883.html

>I dont care about your piece of shit
Yes you do but you don't want to because you can barely afford you 99 civic payment.

>>muscleshits mostly ran 14s at best
>roadtests.tripod.com/
>even has the source magazine some of which you can find online plenty had trick tuning from the factory open headers or even slicks
Okay well here's a youtube video of factory cars doing no worse than 12 second 1/4
youtube.com/watch?v=-HQ7imLw1Vw

>slantsix.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27094&sid=a8deb12f281a822891737e0281245596

>even the modified cars dont do it

>the mere thought of anyone thinking otherwise is hilarious

Hyperpak 170 did 0-60 in 8.6.
This is even lower compression than a 225.
slantsix.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27633&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15&sid=f50f5361dcda437852c37f6d73638eb2

I inflated the 225 0-60 yes. Nobody in the /6 community is bothered enough to get good performance out of their slant but i can and will post videos of them embarrassing V8s.
youtube.com/watch?v=G3h9J2mgEyA
It's not hard to get power out of one.

>factory cars simply cant

>impossible with the gearing tire sizes and engine limitations
I wouldn't consider a superbird/daytona worth mentioning at all since literally nobody bought them. Nobody wanted a race car. I just had to prove to you that it hit 200mph which it did and then NASCAR banned them.

I'm right here faggot, everyone is sick of poorfag weebs trying to validate their shitboxes whenever a muscle car thread pops up.

Thankfully mine is not appreciated much by "muscle car" guys and its not old enough to be a classic. Restored the 66-67 charger goes for 30k.
It's okay, you're poor and drive a shit car. I was that way...a long time ago.

sorry i'm late.

>philadelphia.craigslist.org/cto/5920511883.html
You're probably not in Philly but ima be honest, Impala is one of those most produced cars in American history, don't pay too much for one.

Lol, I'm from Australia. I want one here, RHD ones are rare as anything and don't look anywhere near the same inside. All the Australian muscle cars have sky rocketed to 10k+ even for the crappy ones no one wants.

God that car is ugly...which is all the better if you like them. I'd rather a newer riviera than that tho.
Come on dude, are you too poor to afford bread, or just a car haha

not stock in that video

another not stock engine

proved nothing

>I'm right here faggot, everyone is sick of poorfag weebs trying to validate their shitboxes whenever a muscle car thread pops up.

lol all you do is look like the biggest group of whiny faggots on the entire board

goddamn you are sad

As sad as your shitbox?

I guess you are too ashamed to even show it to an anonymous image board. Damn, that has to be embarrassing. Oh wait, there is no car, duh!

>Lol, I'm from Australia
oh shi

>God that car is ugly...which is all the better if you like them. I'd rather a newer riviera than that tho.
Yeah it looks like it's missing it's chin or something.
I like the older Impalas 2bh.

>not stock in that video
The Hemis are stock.
Here's the secret between tests back then and now, are you ready for it? This is a big secret..

Tires got better, wow who knew?

Stay buttblasted lmao.
I knew you wouldn't be able to handle being proved wrong, no wonder you fought so hard to not post any arguments.

more fun to watch you make an ass out of yourself

you are way to cringe to ever indulge

>muh tires

F.A.S.T runs faster than that on old bias ply

you are retarded

once again you prove your ignorance.

those cars arent stock you can tell by the sound and even the Coronets exhaust isnt stock

and of course you add on some meme garbage since youre a child

>F.A.S.T runs faster than that on old bias ply
the key is in the name
>Factory APPEARING Stock Tire
Tires back then were shit, you don't understand until you actually try to use them.
FAST isn't stock in any way, do some actual research on them.

Simply putting modern radials on your boat will improve performance, it's a known fact. Not like you would know though.

>those cars arent stock you can tell by the sound and even the Coronets exhaust isnt stock
Nobody is going to molest a Factory Hemi Coronet or Cuda besides tires.
They are worth more stock than literally everything you own or will ever own.

nice try kid, better luck next time.

nobody cares if they are stock. it isn't 1970 dude. i know in yuroland u go to jail for having summer tyres on a car in december, but here in the US you will never find a stock muscle car.

seriously. post bread. i'll start, this is my cheapest, slowest, crappiest auto I own with 138hp. I'd bet my left nut its faster than what you have in your hellhole 'nation.'

Your turn. Or bow out busrider.

Do you really think this yurotard knows what a radial tire is haha.

For all his bitching about how muscle cars sucks he seems to forget how 'slow' european cars were of the same age.

so what has Christmas brought us?

muscle car fans live in a fantasy world surrounded by delusions and have a lower than average intelligence

>FAST isn't stock in any way, do some actual research on them.

no shit nigger learn to read

I never implied they were stock

fucking hell you guys are stupid and dont know shit about muscle despite liking them

>muh price

irrelevant

they arent stock no matter what you choose to delude yourself into believing

this cringelord tries so fucking hard

muscle cars are shit deal with it

sounds to me like you only used the HERS side, poofboy

Are you going to benchrace against a model T on bicycle tires and wood wheels next?

Come on, post ur car fag. Are you ashamed of an anonymous post on an anonymous image board? People who don't even own a car have no credibility to argue the merits of them. Hell, you probably can't drive.

>loses every argument
>I know, Ill go and change the topic to irrelevant shit!

fucking LOL

thanks man you really are making this a merry christmas

>Do you really think this yurotard knows what a radial tire is haha.
I figured he's been on Veeky Forums for at least two hours surely he would have picked up some info along the way.

>For all his bitching about how muscle cars sucks he seems to forget how 'slow' european cars were of the same age.

I forgot about this, most were sub 2 liter shitboxes making 40 hp lmao

>Honda fans live in a fantasy world surrounded by delusions and have a lower than average intelligence

>I never implied they were stock
That was't my point homo,

>F.A.S.T runs faster than that on old bias ply

No shit, because the engines are tuned and run on old tires damn this is some revealing shit about how shit 100% subtract tires a stock car is.

>compares tuned cars on shit tires to stock cars on normal tires
This is why you shouldn't be allowed to post on this board without proof of car ownership.

>they arent stock no matter what you choose to delude yourself into believing

Yes they are, the first nut replaced drops the value like a fucking rock, if you knew anything about the classic car world you would know this simple fact. This is why original Hemi Cudas sell for almost 2 million and why you can buy a junker for 2 grand.

I'm not the guy you are arguing with dude. I only said you are a silly yuropoor and to post bread, like 20 posts ago...

Still waiting. Maybe for christmas your mum will buy u a twingo.

I dont care

you both are of great ignorance and make lol tier posts

youre wrong

all there is to say

stay deluded youre at a level of stupid that cant be reasoned with

American cars of the 60s and early 70s were faster than ur shit tier european cars.

Now post bread unless you are a nocars or ashamed.

Same to you lmao.

>i don't even care man

>plsea..please stop rekting me..you're wrong..please!

this is fucking pathetic i'm embarrassed for you, quit while you're ahead holy shit.

How long do you guys plan on going with this? its been about an hour if not longer.