Mazda reliability

Some 3rd generation Mazda 3s have popped up for sale and the prices are tempting for a nearly new car. What is the long term reliability for these cars? Been on sale since 2013 so a few must have enough miles for there to be some verdict. I heard bad things about the Mazda Connect infotainment system but not much else. I love the looks and handling characteristics already.

They are very reliable. My family has owned 3 Mazdas from different gens and they were all flawless for 100k miles+.

Yea their good cars. Their skyactiv engines are very reliable and give you good fuel economy with a naturally aspirated engine when every other company is resorting to cheaply turboing cars.

>their
>their

what wrong with your current car?

If it fits your budget and you like how it handles, then go for it
Skip those that are made in 2015 and early 2016, because back then they just moved the assembly line to mexico and the transition was chaotic

Just get a civic for 3k or fix your current car.

The engines are very reliable. One of the most reliable engines that are being built new today for the US market.
They don't end up dropping MPGs and power after 30k miles like so fucking many engines these days do.
They keep running so smooth and quiet.

But there are other bits that are less so reliable and quality about the cars. Seat motors, the fitment of interior pieces becoming a little rattly(but nothing like FCA), etc.

Mazda 3s are the best compacts you can buy right now, I'd say go for it

>I heard bad things about the Mazda Connect infotainment system
Also the fact that the screen position looks so half-assed and it doesn't fold down into the dash

Buy the 2017 ones, Safety pack is factory now which helps so much with the big blind spots of the new 1s + other shit etc. They drive really nice especially in manuals.

I got a 2014 almost the day the sedan launched. It's a hatch. Mine has 68,000 miles and has been really nice. I just bought a new windshield (300$) because rocks from trucks obliterated mine, just got new brakes (200$ at the stealer, since no local place carried pads). The factory tires were pretty poopy, NVH went down a good bit when I replaced them. Has a couple rattles that aren't too hard to fix yourself. The infotainment was great but randomly blue screened and was fixable by restarting. Recent recall for update fixed that.

Mechanically flawless though, car is an absolute champion.

I drive about 75mph highway and usually get 37mpg, 44mpg if I go 65.

It doesn't exist. What does that have to do with the question?

>Has a couple rattles that aren't too hard to fix yourself.

What do you mean by this? Thanks for the input.

hijacking this thread since were talking about Mazda reliability

How is the Toyota/Scion iA / Mazda2 so far?

Early 14s (build dates late 2013) and to later 2014 built 3s had some 1st year new model issues. Typical noise issues with build finishes/etc. Believe the more common ones ended up as Technical Service Bulletins.

Seems like the Mexico built 3s have been having some issues, Canada's back to all Japan built across all trims. Was only GTs last year. 2014-2015s are uneffected I believe. Too early to tell though, but the switchback cant be good for now. Not sure about US market 3s though.

Im been looking at getting a 2.5L 3 myself.

In comparsion to other cars in that size?
Great, Fiestas prices are dropping like flies due to their trans issues/Ford quality. Versas are pretty basic but solid. Koreans and GM on the rockbottom. If the Mirage isnt at this point.

I'm not but I have an early model CX-5 and yeah like 60k miles in, there's a dash rattle. It looks like it'll be easy to fix, but I haven't bothered to yet. It's the upper dash and I probably need to take it off and put on some double sided padded tape somewhere or something.
Also is mechanically flawless.

Also, insurance is supposed to pay the entirety for a new windshield, no deductible. Is that not the law in every state? I thought that's a federal law. That's how it is here in Florida, at least.

then get a civic for 3k or a nicer used car.

>then get a civic for 3k

Which one and why? A cursory search turns up no Civics with fewer than 150,000 miles for $3K.

Mileage doesn't matter. How it was maintained is more important.

Yeah and everyone claims oil changes every 3k and new battery and tires

You want to buy from an owner that has a folder with all the car related stuff in it.

if you posted your local craigslist i could find a good one.

lmao fuck off