Starion - A good AE86 alternative?

A friend of mine has got a Mitsubishi Starion 2.0 Turbo ECI ('82) for sale for 550 000 HUF (1749 EUR or 1855 USD) with spare parts included. Since I'm looking for an AE86 alternative (cause I can't afford nearly 14 000 EUR for an AE86, whixh is in a mint, saloon condition here in my country), I wondered that maybe this car could solve my "problems". Other cars like the MX-5 Miata (900 000 HUF) or the MR2 MK1 (700 000 HUF) and MK2 (1 111 000 HUF) are just too expensive, so what do you think Veeky Forums? Is a Starion with spare parts is a good idea to buy? Or better if I try to find another rear wheel driven car?

(Picture is for illustration only.)

I always thought the Starion was pretty cool.
Do you have any pictures of the actual car? That will make it easier to decide if it is worth your money.

Just a sec annon...HERE WE GO...

Not that I've driven one, but if you want the same aesthetic the Silvia S12 is also a thing.

Wait for it..got a few....i just have to wait to post again....

Got three more....

Two more left....

One left...

Maybe this picture is a usefull information too....

Looks mad as fuck, get it.
Stations are wicked.

they are complete shit cars

Buy it mate, the Starion is a superior performance car to the meme that is the AE86. For one you've already got a turbo, its manual and you've got a lot of parts.

Buy it, put a decent intercooler and aftermarket ECU setup on it and flog it until it dies.

Where are you? Hungaria?
The 82 was the first model to be released. It has a LOT of rare goodies. That hood alone is worth about $1,000.
Lots of rare one year only interior parts.
Manual climate control, the shade drop, center window controls. folks pay top fucking dolar for that. you can make bank parting it out should something go wrong, but honestly, a rare ass model like that one, save it. If you cant, dont bother.

Its super rare. Folks in the state will pay top dollar for them. Those taillights are like $300-500

But as an old car be prepared to replace, and fix a lot of it.

up till 86 they all had weak rear ends.
first trans were kinda weak too, upgrade to a thicker pan if you can.

lots of engine swaps available for that car. I dont know about the one tha came with, but its a lot better than the shit G54B the states got.

its roomy, and easy to work on. but hard to get new parts. no one make suspention anymore, either fab em yourself, or good luck finding some used coil overs.

>Debating whether to choose a shitbox, with a turboed engine used in EVOs, over a memecorolla.

Starion all the way. Why even ask?

No its more of a 240sx or 80s supera alt.

Thanks the infos for everybody :)

Yes, I'm from Hungary :)

Bump. Get it lad. Even the narrowbody early ones can be cool.

>Hungaria

>Hungaria
???

Its proper spelling

this

its way too heavy and cumbersome

No offense, but here's the correct way:

-From Hungary. (Which country are you from?)
-I am hungarian. (What kind of nationality are you?)

Hungaria is old latin script for Hungary. Its acceptable use in English.

Aha....Thanks the info. Never heard about this before.

Why are you comparing it to the AE86, a car that's like 800lb lighter and has a shit engine?

The Starion has a 4g63. So much potential for boosted power there.

Seems like a car you'd compare to the FC or 944.

I think their gorgeous cars, but that's all I know about them. Even better looking than the FC and 944.

One word and a letter: Initial D !

Bump