>Channels to chat with other anons?
Try 'd3g' or 'op md2ga' (on east)

>Diablo 2 spam filter
forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=61493376&f=34
enjoy not seeing half of the things anyone says and still seeing spambots

Previously

hi

nice thread

Is it viable to finish hell on 8 players, single player, with no mercenary, do all the quests, go everywhere, kill everything, with a zealot?

I'm asking because I did this with a berserker and it was surprisingly easy. Is the physical resist in hell so bad? I'm planning on using a great poleaxe (exceptional halberd) for the range and damage, and crafted hitpower gloves, doors, corners, and doodads for crowd control. One point in vengeance and conviction for non-undead physical immunes.

I still don't understand why people say to only get 17 cold mastery (after items).

Do they not realize that monsters have immunities?

Did this meme just never die from when CM was a percent reduction?

Cold immunity never breaks no matter how much you lower it, only lighting

Is d3 at all playable for harrdy sailors of the seven seas?

because you can't lower anything's resistance past -100% so anything more than that is wasted on some number of monsters you'll encounter?

Do you only kill monsters in normal that have no affixes? Then level 17 CM is right for you.

However, everyone else in the big boy world runs into monsters with resistances (that is, literally every single one in hell).

If you are killing say Meph on hell he has 75 cold resistance. What you want is not -100 cold resistance, but -175 (gear/facets/cold mastery) to do the most damage to him. That would be level 32 CM, or less if you have other -res gear. 32 is a vastly different number than 17.

I'm pretty sure it isn't, but perhaps you'd be able to squeeze out some shamble of a ghost.

I've made this so called """"""""budget""""""""""""" uber smiter but it's pure shit, gets rekt despite 75% block chance, 90% all res and dmg reduction from fade

Gear (not pictured because it's too much work)
helm: guillaume (not socketed)
chest: guardian angel
weapon: grief pb
shield: sacred shield w 4 perf diamonds
gloves: draculs
ring: raven frost
ring2: dwarf star
belt: thundergods
boots: gore rider

Pic related shows stats after being prebuffed with fade. I've got one shotted by uber izual. After that i think i have no chance in uber trist.

How do i fix this?

I'm pretty sure the game is 100% online so that's a no go

Try getting 10 more levels for once. That alone should give you 170 more hp and a better chance at dodging his attacks

Literally my first Ber ever.

Thank you based Mephisto, I knew looting all those isenhart breastplate was worth it.

Did you not have Battle Orders? You'll need Battle Orders. All smiters need Battle Orders.

>budget
>includes Grief pb
come on man thats not budget.

i've pretty much followed this build but it was even shittier without the grief

so it's not a "cheap" build if you still need lvl 56 BO to kill ubers

get yourself a life tap wand if you don't already have one. draculs triggers too late for ubers.

you just need a solid BO like around 20 will do it. I mean you're only level 77 right? If you're going to try without BO then you should take the time to get at least level 89-90

my smiter has 340 vit and 3420 hp from a level 42 BO, 95 light res and 90 all res, and he STILL, STILL gets trucked by Mephisto its such bullshit that guy will rng you down no matter what you do

if you don't have all that then it stands to reason that izzy could rng you down too. btw you always want to toggle walk whenever you get near an uber for the extra avoidance.

meph is really tame if you go in with salvation/lvl 20 conviction.

Which is more fun as a poor person, bowazon or javazon? I imagine bow because I won't have to deal with shitloads of lightning immunes, just the occasional phys immune.

Javazon. Sewers in A2 and The Claw Viper Temple have no Lightning Immunes. You can gear up there, find your Merc an Obedience, and he'll just wreck everything you don't. And for gear you really only need a Titan's just for the quality of life improvement of replenishing javs. Any Titan's, it doesn't matter. People will probably just give you non-eth low %enhdmg Titan's at this point in the ladder.

>bowazon
forget about it, it takes insanely expensive gear to make work.

B-but I just found lycander's aim on my sorc which I might eventually be able to upgrade

You don't think an up'd lycander's would be enough for a bowazon? I've never played a bowazon, what particularly are the problems with it? From the tree it looks like damage might be a little low and there's not much AR, but with high dex and angelics the AR should be pretty much solved.

The AR is dogshit, the damage is dogshit, to make the damage slightly less dogshit you have to get ridiculous amounts of dex which will fuck your vit.

Ok from what I understand its just no damage and no hit chance. Its one of those builds where you go find a guide and the first item is like a Jmod Tiara with some specific modifier and socketed with 3 15IAS and 40enhdmg jewels. That when I close tab, uninstall firefox, uninstall windows, reformat etc etc because the rest of the guide will not help you since its counting on you having that IAS.

On the other hand I can make you a godly Javazon with but a few specific uniques that can all be gotten cheap it doesn't even require Griffon's you'll be tanky as fug and the only runeword I used prior to enigma was the cheap as fug +2 zon skill armor.

>forget about it, it takes insanely expensive gear to make work.

What about buriza? Is it not good enough to carry you through the game? I remember this used to be the shit back in the day before synergies and all

I've made a javazon before and I remember it being really fun through nightmare and then it being extremely unfun in hell because of all the immunes. I even had titans and few other non-garbage pieces and the damage felt lackluster if I wasn't throwing into a group of 30 montsers.

Concerning 'carry you through the game'; I have seen many insane and under performing builds carry people through the game so basically the answer to that is always, Im sure you can find a way to make it work. Beyond that it will be gimped in any kind of farming capacity that would actually lead to building wealth.

>the damage felt lackluster if I wasn't throwing into a group of 30 montsers
100% correct for lightning fury but you have CS for single target. this is the zon's niche, she loves density. thats why I said specifically sewers in A2 and claw viper temple. chocked full of high density, low hp, non lightning immune mobs. you can get a start there and work your way into WSK where she's great at running Baal because all of his waves are high density and then you have CS for chunking down Baal.

>building wealth

People who's goal is building wealth use bots though. And if you're goal is building wealth and you're not using bots you're just retarded.

bretty good huh?

;_;

What if you play hardcore?

You play one of the two builds viable and it's therefore completely irrelevant to my initial question

which builds are those? btw sorry man I didn't realize you had it all figured out. I did answer your question though. it will get you through the game. it will just get you through the game.

Im starting up a javazon on US East HC btw Renier ripped ;_;7

Just played too fast and loose with Lord De Seis. This was after I checked the Hardcore pally ladder. I think that killed my spirit. I think I have a much better chance at making it onto the Zon ladder.

Im only level 6 if anyone would like to join me Ill wait around for a few to let you catch up.

Does anyone have anything at all for a poor as fuck javazon?
US East Ladder

Pm KamilaSS (char name)

thanks in advance

>maxed defiance
>no conviction

you fucked up listening to that retard

I warned you.

How the fuck do you die to Izual or Meph with 3420 hp. I just use a shitty cta so I have like 2200 hp and everything is cake besides Lilith on bad spawns.

>How the fuck do you die to Izual or Meph with 3420 hp
I didnt say I die. And I didn't say Izual does anything either. I said Meph still trucks me, as in takes large chunks from my health pool at a time, and I don't do it on players one.

>Lilith
holy shit how do you die to Lilith? the ubers in general are one of the face rolliest parts of a faceroll game you should probably just uninstall if you're having any trouble with them at all

Teleporting into a room with a Lilith that has Might and Fanaticism from unique packs can easily one-shot you.

I already predict your e-penis post about you have done thousands of ubers on hardcore and never died because you run a BO bot and take everything slow.

Don't worry Ill help you out with Lilith. It won't be a problem for my smiter.

Is Smiter still the way to go for soloing Uber Trist? It seems sort of boring, couldn't it be done with a frenzy barb or something?

i saw utrist done by a sorc so and a zon so you can be creative. smiter is just the most efficient uber build.

It can be done by every class.

Smite is just the cheapest/easiest/quickest.

Yeah it's viable. Just got to be cautious and always aware.

chugging along here guys, chugging along

>page 9

>get soj message
>stay in game
>it's been nearly 2 hours with no more messages

Fugg, I just want to go back to farming, but I know how all the item sites like to load up shitloads of bots into the right servers before popping dclone.

Can someone explain to me why superior weapons can spawn with 1-3 ar when even a level 1 magic ring can have like 20 ar on it and a decent ring is going to have 100-250?

I don't know, you can't have more than 1 anni per character and they usually sell them for cents because they just want to unload them

Do you guys know what those items are just by looking at them?

depends on the item class of course. some item classes have several unique items. but you can be sure if a unique cryptic axe drops it's a tomb reaver or a unique balrog skin can only be arkain's valor etc.

Why is D3 demon hunter so weak? Holy shit

When I run a copy of d2 in sandboxie it doesn't register as holding down a key when you hold it down. I have shift bound to 'don't move', but if I hold it down and click somewhere it tries to move instead of casting the selected spell 80% of the time. I tried rebinding it to a different key and it does the same thing (and only under sandboxie).

Oddly, holding alt seems to work properly.

I doubt anyone else cares because it seems I just have a specific setup that breaks everything because synergy2 and sandboxie do not work well together. One or both of running d2 as admin through sandboxie and disabling synergy resolved the issue.

Oh well, I can live without synergy.

>>maxed defiance
>>no conviction
>you fucked up listening to that retard
i checked many other smiter builds but every single one is different. Why do i need conviction so bad? I will be running with fanaticism all the time anyway.

to negate Mephisto's

conviction is handy when you fight uber meph but seriously, one point in salvation is enough for that.

if you have level 21 conviction your conviction cancel mephisto's

all defiance gets you is more defense on holy shield, but defense is terrible in this game AND you have 75% block anyways so any improvement you can get from dodging attacks is minor at best

Holy shit. I just bought D2/lod today on a whim. I never knew there was a general for it. Are you guys hardcore/ladder only? I'm a noob and would like to play with some normal anons (US). Also, I rolled Werewolf Druid, but so far I'm not enjoying the play style, granted i'm only lv 15 which is probably not a great indicator. I'd rather play something that is more group oriented since I don't like playing alone. Are there any viable heal/buff/aura specs in this game that aren't shit? Thank you.

Where did my BC go?

Also, this is more alright that I thought it would be. Curse, nova, merc kills something, amp, ce and everything is dead. Though, honestly I'm not sure it is any better than just maxing CE itself.

Also, the fucking cast frames are awful. Literally a whole second to cast something and all of the fire spells do no damage at all. Who thought this was a good idea?

>Diablo 2 is too ugly to play
>Diablo 3 is too boring to play
>Grim Dawn doesn't have proper multiplayer

Life is suffering

holy fucking shit how the fuck do I kill belial in 45 seconds god damn

What VPN do you guys use to bypass the retarded IP bans?

amazon web services

>playing diablo 2 while watching starcraft on twich
what the FUCK year is it

>1246 3os eth sacred armor
not bad

we're ded

Use a local one for you, to minimize ping
Use a non-local one in a 'safe' country when you have privacy concerns, local when gaming

>Who thought this was a good idea?
Blizzard
>doesn't understand how math works
>doesn't understand how their own animation breakpoint shitfest works
>dude just give them unsynergized skills post-synergy patch lol

Meph down on my hc zon guys. Leveling is super slow. Hopefully it pays off by being safer in Hell

Leveling an amazon until level 35+ is like taking off the mask, extremely painful.

Poison jav does do a metric fuck load of damage though. It just takes forever to tick. Damages is not a problem though so thats nice.

Speedrunners always complain about Zon but taking my time and staying in level appropriate areas reaaally smoothes out the difficulty curve. I want to get her to act 1 Hell and run the pit like I wanted to do on my pally but pit was too scary for him and going to act 4 too soon turned out to be his demise.

Can you even make something useful with that? Even mercs don't have 220 str

If you put on an Andy face they do.

yeah what said
some people swear by the sacred armors but lots of the elite armors can roll 1200+ and sometimes SA's themselves barely break 1100 so it just varies. I made a Fort in this one it was 3660 defense bretty bretty bretty good

Is Fortitude really worth it? I mean all it does is basically boost your merc's damage but it's never going to be as good as your character and mercs die all the time anyway

A perfect ethbugged SA is 1350 iirc, so that's pretty nice when you factor in the multipliers from runewords. Shame that neither treachery nor chains of honor have a defence modifier.

You eventually hit a point where your merc doesn't really die all that much, actually. That being said, I prefer treachery to fortitude, and chains to both of them.

What point is that? My merc is level 90, has Reaper's toll, shaftstop and vampire gaze and he still dies regularly

Does he have BO? Is the Shaftstop upp'ed ethereal? Is the Reaper's Shael'ed? Do you have a 15IAS jewel in the Vamp Gaze? You could socket the Shaftstop too. Not sure what you'd go for.

Even then some classes are better at keeping their merc alive than others. My hammerdin will lose his merc from time to time no matter what I do. My Javazon on the other hand only ever lost him to Baal or Lister simply because she just mowed everything down that might surround and overwhelm him. My necro too never loses his merc for obvious reason. My IK barb, an underwhelming build to be sure, also never loses his merc simply because he gives a level 30 BO.

When you get huge enough damage to lifeleech through anything. Treachery and an ethereal Reaper's should do it, really. Of course, it also largely depends on if you teleport-manage your merc so they don't sit in the thick of it and how quickly you slay the spooky mons.

>sheal'ed Reapers
>15IAS jewel
err that was assuming Treachery armor. Without I can't say what breakpoint you would reach. Maybe Shael alone is enough.

I play a hammerdin and no BO

Upping shaft or adding a few attack speed won't save him from those fanatism+amplify combos though, the difference in defence will ad 10-15% dodge at best.

I might switch to a defense aura merc, that'd make a bigger diff

As a hammerdin you don't really even need a merc. So it works out in the end.

Sometime before the season is over Im going to try an A1 merc on a hammerdin. With one of those mid level bows and a Treachery. Does Cold Arrow freeze or does it just slow?

Diablo took 10 minutes from start to finish. He never got me below 75% though. Not sure where to go from here. Maybe slowly farm eldritch so as not to get realm down.

>>Diablo 2 is too ugly to play

What?

>mfw

Are you fucking shitting me right now game?? holy shit with this luck. First normal Baal kill on my hardcore Javazon. guess Im all set.

In around 30 runs of doing andariel, countess, mephisto, diablo, pindle and baal I found 1 cham, 1 ber, 2 mals, 1 ist, 1 pul and 1 lem.

Is that normal? Last time I played D2 (long looooong time ago) high runes used to be extremely rare

>Is that normal?
It happened. So what does that tell you?

Precisely nothing since it's a sample of one person, hence why I'm asking.

You're a bit dense user

I found a jah, ber, gul, mal, and um in about 50 runs of andy/countess/summoner/meph/shenk/eldritch

So it does seem like rune drops have increased since 1.13 to me.

>you just need a solid BO like around 20 will do it.
No.
I've done it with level 6 BO plenty of times with FAR FAR worse gear then Don't run in the fucking center like a tard and agrro them all at once, fight one at a time.

Dude, you would have found MAYBE one of those runes (not the Jah or Ber) in 50 runs on 1.13
Those dropped once every several hundred.

I think you genuinely don't remember how bad drops were 1.11-1.13 for runes.

Well that's a good thing, I might be able to do some cool runewords with little to no farming and I like that.

I just got this game, what's a fun class to start with?

They're all great in their own ways, but whatever you do, don't start as Barb.
Its the slowest to get going, most gear dependent, and offers little utility for first time players.

Safe bet?
Javelin Amazons
Firewake Assassin (amazing for normal and nightmare, has be be respected in hell)
Zeal+Fanatasisim Paladin (swing that weapon like Fist of the North Star)

Pick your poison

Barb