$100k

>$100k

Why would anyone buy this instead of a German car?

Other urls found in this thread:

thetruthaboutcars.com/2016/05/cadillac-tops-247wallst-coms-cars-americans-dont-want-to-buy-list/
businessinsider.com/r-exclusive-gms-barra-faces-roadblocks-in-rebuilding-cadillac-brand-2015-2
247wallst.com/investing/2013/10/08/cadillac-releases-new-escalade-no-one-will-buy/
usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2016/12/19/gm-idling-five-car-assembly-plants-up-three-weeks/95637726/
autoblog.com/2016/01/29/gm-import-cadillac-ct6-china/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Not overengineered

Even then for 100k this isn't a car you should be looking at. All these shitty gm brands are just designed to shit the bed

Because it's faster

I think you mean 85k

Even if this is bait, OP is right in his logic as no one is buying cadillacs except China.

thetruthaboutcars.com/2016/05/cadillac-tops-247wallst-coms-cars-americans-dont-want-to-buy-list/

>According to 247WallSt.com, the website collected a list of best- and worst-selling vehicles based on time spent on dealer lots, and all Cadillac’s cars — save the CT6 — are in the top 15 worst sellers based on that metric.
>Another discontinued vehicle, the Dodge Avenger, places third at 194.4 days, followed by the Cadillac ATS (153.3 days) and Fiat 500L (145.0 days) to round out the top five
>Cadillac’s other sedan, the CTS (141.3 days), places eighth behind the canceled Honda Crosstour (sixth, 145.0 days) and Chevrolet Sonic (seventh, 142.0 days)

businessinsider.com/r-exclusive-gms-barra-faces-roadblocks-in-rebuilding-cadillac-brand-2015-2

>Cadillac brand has run into twin roadblocks: the carmaker can't persuade enough American sedan buyers to switch from foreign competitors such as BMW or Mercedes, and it can't make enough of its Escalade SUVs to satisfy domestic demand.

"The problem is, Cadillac is not BMW,” said Larry Dominique, president of ALG in Santa Monica, California
This ^ quote right here is what you autists don't fucking understand. Cadillac is asking the same money for an ATS as a 3 series or A4 . No one except car people are going to buy the Cadillac because Cadillac has no brand image like BMW or Audi. And car people are far and few between.

not over engineered
Underpriced in comparison to its rivals
better numbers on the track

where do i sign senpai

>Not overengineered
If that's so the case, it should be selling for under 70k.

I'd favorite it if it had the best quality overall.

The interior is shit. The CUE is shit and laggy.
I haven't got in one but all the reviews say it's very laggy and needs improvement.

I'm so glad you have all the knowledge from GM's Cadillac pricing team to know that they should sell for 70k

>buy this instead
>have to choose between them
Why are Veeky Forums this poor

>better performance numbers
a bmw 740i is faster 0-60 mph (4.8 v. 5.0) than the CT6 with 84 less horsepower and 70 less lb-ft without AWD.
>underpriced in comparison to its rivals

pic related. No one in their right mind is going to buy a cadillac over Audi's flagship vehicle that is also cheaper.

i should have mentioned i was talking about the ATS-V and CTS-V

CTS is the only car Cadillac makes where it makes some sense to buy over a 5 series or A6.

However, that is only for the 3.0tt Vsport which offers similar performance as an M5 for almost half the cost. The CTS-V is just too much money

The CTS-V offers similar performance to an M5/M6 not the 3.0tt.

Because repair costs are crazy on German cars and they arent that reliable

>buying german
Badgewhore detected, not like you can afford better than a civic to begin with

memes: the post

this. If you cant get a fully loaded one for the base msrp (some 83-87k) theb youre hopeless. How many options does a car like this even have? The last gen only had dofferent color wheels, and some recaro seats as options

The V-SPORT uses the 3.6L v6 Twin Turbo LF3 and not the 3.0L v6 Twin Turbo in the CT6.

i have a 2006 jetta and a 2015 eos, can vouch

In short, nu-male americans hate their country, so they won't support their own businesses and buy foreign products, but will complain when workers are laid off. And all that of course while staying in the US.

>No one in their right mind is going to buy a cadillac over Audi's flagship vehicle that is also cheaper.

Rich old people will. I know old millionaires that can afford to drive any luxury car and yet they still always go for the Caddy. They like the way the ride I guess. Audi's are way too stiff, "sporty" and solid riding which most old people don't like.

Cadillacs in 2016 suck because they try to be this shitty pseudo-sports car/luxury car hybrid.

The people who want a luxury sedan will buy a lincoln continental because it's the same comfy interior long distance car but ditches the "gotta go fast" bullshit and cramped interior that cadillac sedans have.

This is why escalade sales are still good, consumers want something slower, flashy, and comfy over something flashy and fast.

I'm surprised anything placed higher than a Crosstour.

yet no one is buying them. Look at the stats i posted near the top above with articles showing no one is buying cadillacs whether they be the ats, cts, or ct6

Even the new Escalade isn't even selling, the vehicle that was the bread winner for Cadillac.

247wallst.com/investing/2013/10/08/cadillac-releases-new-escalade-no-one-will-buy/

They are fucked as a brand and have costed millions in R and D for GM.

I can't speak for people buying BMW stuff, but I chose a C-Class over the equivalent ATS, because the Mercedes is simply a better car. The interior is better, the tech is better, the engine is better, it get's better fuel economy and the Mercedes 2 liter it doesn't have a plethora of problems like the Cadillac 2.0 does. The only metric that the ATS beats the Mercedes at is cornering, but even then it's only by a narrow margin, and not nearly enough to make up for the shortcomings of the ATS. Now I would have considered the ATS over the C-Class if it were say $5,000 cheaper, but it's simply not a vehicle at the same level of the Mercedes for now. After Christmas incentives the C-Class ended up being within $500 of the Cadillac too.

Also if you're going to pick nits, the C-Class is manufactured in the US and actually has a higher US parts content than the ATS does. Just about 20% of the parts are from Mexico and Germany, where as in the ATS, about 50% of the content is from Mexico and China.

it offers way more performance

85k plus the 15k dealer fee and processing fee

>has a higher US parts content than the ATS does. Just about 20% of the parts are from Mexico and Germany, where as in the ATS, about 50% of the content is from Mexico and China.

I'm not really sure where you are getting your information from. highest part content for the C-class i could find is %50.

>Why would anyone buy this?

ftfy

I wouldn't get either and just wait 2 years. By that time the Cadillac will cost 25k and the BMW will cost 50k, so I could just have both. Still wouldn't though.

Parts content info on window stickers. I was car shopping literally yesterday. On Monroney stickers they give a complete breakdown of the parts content on each individual vehicle; see pic related, an example from an Accord.

The ATS has been gradually becoming less and less American as the Michigan plant has slowed production due to decreasing demand. They just announced the ATS/CTS plant is actually being idled due to low demand, so we're likely going to see even less American parts content as the line and supply chain is shuttered. They've been importing a large number of parts from their Shanghai plant since it started building the ATS. GM has already stated they're going to begin importing CT6 units from China. I have no doubt they will soon import the ATS from Chinese factories as well.

usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2016/12/19/gm-idling-five-car-assembly-plants-up-three-weeks/95637726/
autoblog.com/2016/01/29/gm-import-cadillac-ct6-china/

Mercedes meanwhile has been expanding their supplier chain in the US.

I have some bad news for you.

The companies the ATS is competition with all have manufacturing plants in the United States.

BMW and Audi are actually planning on building their ATS competitors in Mexico in the very near future. ATS production is likely moving to China as evidenced here. IRL, 5 years from now it's going to be very likely the only small luxo sedans built in the US will be the C-Class and S60. Volvo is building a plant near the SC BMW plant.

Frankly, I fucking love today Cadillac's, I just ain't got that kinda money to be throwing around. I'll be looking for one used in 3-5 years though.

They don't