/msc/ My Summer Car General

>Last time on 'My Summer Car'...
New upgrades, New Rival, The return of Eurobeat, and a Christmas present.
Old Thread: >What is this game?
Build a car, drink some peer, do some mundane work for good pay, and live like a Finn.

>In-depth Guide
my-summer-car.wikia.com/wiki/MY_SUMMER_CAR_GUIDE_2:_ELECTRIC_BOOGALOO

>Where can I get it?
store.steampowered.com/app/516750/

>Skins and images
satsuma.booru.org

>Tunes
Vice City Vrock broken into chunks with clean cuts.
my.mixtape.moe/qhgwsl.7z

>F-f-flash FM, music for the ME generation!
my.mixtape.moe/reptzo.7z

>Softwares
CheckMyBolts.exe
mega.nz/#!jRcHkD5b!Z7dzqdsKT4KM10PiypTC2vCJGauib_DDVu3Kzb9_7xA

MySummerCarSaveEditor.exe
mega.nz/#!mdVmmDpA!hqaof_wYbpRhuNy33X42zJdQiQIJn69PsML8l4AkaT0

Muffler Mod(requires latest update)
mega.nz/#!IkRBTK4C!4XhUzcV6GL_EdbXb6IE0HJerDoBGrb3xKOTl3FVUT_0

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xVWuaOWExTw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Bump

How long did it take you guys to build the car?

Extra bump

>Everybody drank themselves to death over the Christmas weekend

Later /msc/

"Young thread died from lack of posters"

Vittu

Thread is dying. Did we agree on a place to migrate to?

We can always go to Veeky Forums.

we agreed to /egg/

bump

A month ago it was agreed we'd go to /egg/ but some one mentioned going to /simg/ which welcomes all simulators but it seems to be populated mostly by aircraft simulators.

I iz page 8 doktor
I phix page 8 status

Christmas booze was dope

First attempt was like 6 hours, subsequent builds have been roughly an hour thirty and getting shorter

>working all across Xmas period
>Steam was kill so couldn't download update
>working tomorrow and 28th
>got to finally build satsuma but not take it for the first cruise

My work colleagues don't understand why I'm so hype to get off and drive my fictional autism mobile

Tell them that they are vittu dorkkas.

why cant i drive for shit?
>drive satsuma from fleetari to inception
>sometimes here a small boom
>engine falls out eventually
>cant get on

Wat

how long does it take for parts to come in? i spent all of my christmas marks on a racing carb and I'm antsy for it to arrive

>race lemonfucker
>three turns in he slams into log truck and gets flipped

2 weeks

What did you guys make your posters?

Nude pictures of ur mom

L.O.L. (laughing out loud)

The D
Donald Trump that is

I can't seem to get the fuel pump to attach to my engine, the little checkmark won't come up at all

Never mind, I found it. This stuff can be really finicky.

Whoa, I returned playing after a few days and was funny to see the present all of a sudden

I can't seem to get the forklift to move. Is there some kind of handbrake? Because I don't see anything.

Revenge is done

Bottom left of the cockpit mate.

Where's the car jack? I've found the floor one, but I can't find the car one.

on the far right of the carage?

How the fuck do I lift this car up?

No matter how hard I try, I can't get the piece of shit to stay on the forklift, I've tried using the jack and all sorts of different angles, but the little shit just doesn't want to work.

Easy. When you done with suspension in front, put on wheels an do the same shit for rear.

Thanks, that helps.

Bump

>new part came in, excitedly heading to town
>police DUI stop
>stop car, open the door, about to get out
>semi flies over the top of me, pancaking satsuma-chan and smearing me into a fine paste

perkele

looking for a video of this game
it had the player putting the beers in the van and driving and drinking a lot
that's not super descriptive but I saw it posted on /v/ at some point so I figured I'd ask

youtube.com/watch?v=xVWuaOWExTw
This one?

yes, thanks so much :DD :D

I'm trying to fit the engine into the car with the host, but the bolts aren't appearing to let me attach the engine to the car. Anyone have a video or webm of someone doing it?

If I make the car.png larger, will it fuck up the textures?

>finn strength

>Finally complete car after hours
>Haven't even tuned it yet
>Have enough gas to get more gas
>Decide to take it for a spin
>Turning onto highway
>Rammed by a truck that I never saw coming a second ago
>Instant death

ARTIFICIAL DIFFICULTY

No, but if you repeatedly update the paintjob, the game will crash.

More like natural stupidity.

>full circle on the speedometer
help me finnish jesus

That's nothing.

>not binding pee to F

two questions;

do I need an air filter if I have the double carb installed?

do i have to wait for someone to request firewood or can I just go drop it off?

No
Depends

if you can get it to do a full circle and then reach 30 km/h again, your windshield will explode and kill you

KEK
I take it if you pre-emptively remove the windshield the car won't go as fast

Twin carbs already has air filters on them.
I think you can deliver firewood again already on the next day. There is no waiting timer like with shitjobs.

Yep. Not having one installed hard limits you to around 170km/h, depending on your gearing.

I did extensive testing with a 3.0 gear ratio, and the windshield exploded every single time I hit full circle + 30. There seems to be a hard cap on speed. If you lift satsuma up with the tractor and get in, you'll hit the same windshieldexploding speed, but it won't explode. The speedo will just read 30km/h no matter your RPM and stop there. Say you edit in a ratio of 2.0, you might reach the speedcap in the middle of 3rd gear, but then it'll stop. Your revs will keep going until the limiter, but there's a definite speed cap in the game. I'm guessing the exploding windshield is either a conscious design choice to limit speeds to keep the physics from spazzing out, or it actually IS the physics spazzing out. Hard to say.

To clarify; I took this picture. I am in fourth, a bit below the rev limiter, oil pressure is literally off the fucking charts, but the car won't go above full circle + 35~~

Hitting this speed on the road is instant windshield-related death.

>that oil pressure

Engine is not warm enough, that's affects something for sure.

On the road, yes, but not when you're lifted up like I was. A car geared to 1.0 will accelerate lightning quick and reach its top speed in a matter of seconds, cold or hot. Test it for yourself. Grab a save editor, edit your gear ratio to something stupid, then use kekmet to lift Satsuma a notch or two above the ground, just so you can get in and start her.

Not as bad. Still bad.

Tried it again with a warm car just to be sure. Same result.

guys, sorry I let the other thread slip off. I've been fucking around with christmas gifts, and didn't have browser open.

also, I started playing watch dogs 2. game is better than I expected. but still waiting on more updates for our baby MSC. could really use hunting, or that new gun.

What happened?

nekkid velma, a BMW, and a star wars poster

After parking Satsuma on the roof, someone posted about finnish space program/reality warping/warp drive, unlocked by using a save editor to set your gear ratio to a negative value. I won't spoil what happens when you try to start your car, but that was the result.

If you dont close the car door you wont die from it.

Really? Fairly certain I did not close the door on several occasions... will test later.

>all this time i try to drift
>cant do burnouts for shit
>wonder why its shit
>then remember how i assembled the drive
>it's a FWD
Ricecucked again

It didnt happen to me when i did it, i was in the garage too, just with the driver side wheels right on the edge of the pit because i cant park correctly.

Odd. I'll test it later.

On an unrelated note, does anyone know of a free and not-shit software to record webms? I'd like to make some for the thread.

Ded thred

Okay, now this is some weird shit is going on. I was trying at least finish this time and it was like 10th attempt. Fucked up on the first corner and even accidentally shift up instead of down, which cost me at least 10 seconds and I was going pretty slow in general. Somehow got 5:24 instead of 5:40 as usual. I have no fucking idea.
Well I finally got sub 5:30, now I can stop torturing myself.

Sub 5 when??

>all of these plebs who can't finish rally in 3 minutes using the ferndale
LMAO'ing @ your life

Don't think it's possible to do sub 5:10. There is a least 5 places where you need to slow down for sure and the rest of the time you can pretty much floor it, but only if you have huge cojones and steering wheel.

I use OBS for recording and webm for bakas for converting to webm.
I really should see if its possible for OBS to output webm.

Is satsuma ABS?

So guys, I was low on diesel and got a little too hectic trying to keep momentum. Got from the house to this point.

How do I unhectic the shitsucker? Tractor only?

Jesus christ did you take a bath in the septic tank?
Anyways try walking into the wheels and pushing them
Or put peer crates in it

Thank

Is OBS hard to set up for recording? I remember trying to stream with it a few years back and it was clunky as all hell.

Even gurrrl gamers on twitch can handle that shit, which is already means something.

They are surprisingly competent when there is a reward of attention.

Let's do this

Maybe we should ask /simg/ is they would accept msc? I really think we fit there better than /egg/. Would be good if they put us in the sticky even just for one thread so people see it when searching the catalog for us and we could successfully transition.
I've gone off the track and gotten 5:12. I think someone in the last thread posted 5:09. Under 5:10 is possible.
I installed it and hit record. Doing it well might require some tinkering, but that shit's basically plug-n-play.

Do I have to remove the rear seat for the rollcage?

don't think so, but I had mine installed without any of those seats in, and it looks like the cage takes up a lot of the backseat area.

just to be on the safe side, would remove it, then try to add it back again later, after the cage has been added. I mean.. it would suck to drive out there, only to find out you need to take it off.

>enable streaming on steam every time you play
>noone joins
eh

Did that just in case lol.

It's really surprise me that people assume you can have rear seats in racing car at all.

I have seen cars with rollcage AND rear seat in it, that's why I'm asking.
Realism/10

Is there any downside to leaving the engine and carbody you're trying to put the engine in outside while it's pouring rain in a thunderstorm?

Shouldn't be.

I do it all the time. nothing has happened yet. I'm actually surprised dev didn't add damage from weather, or a chance to get struck by lightning.

also, it would be nice if dev took it a step further, and included hail storms in the weather rotation. give us weather channel we need to pay attention to, in case we decide to leave our car parked outside the garage.

Where the fuck is the fuel strainer? I can't find it anywhere in my garage, even though I remember seeing it somewhere in there.

probably fell through the world, or you've already attached it.

Never mind, I found it. It was stuck under a bunch of other items.

But another question, where are the bolts on the radiator? I can't seem to find the 4 bolts on it.

Bump

Don't tell me you bought that.

Tell me instead.

What model is this? And why it doesnt already have "OISPA KALJA" window sticker?