Who makes the best V6 engines and why is it Nissan?

Who makes the best V6 engines and why is it Nissan?

>pic related

Other urls found in this thread:

autoweek.com/article/drive-reviews/first-drive-infiniti-q60-red-sport-400
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_VR_engine#VR30DDTT
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

honda 4 life

I pity any poor soul who has to work on that engine. With as complicated as it is, before even considering the 2 turbos, those things are going to be hugely unreliable.

How is it more complicated than any other v6?

it has a boatload more sensors for the most mundane of things. If I recall correctly, there's 3 or 4 air sensors before even getting to the electronic throttle body.
If there was something that could be measured, they threw a sensor at it.

air temp and maf for both intakes then? That doesn't sound out of the ordinary

there's also air pressure sensors before and after each of the air filters.

E C O B O O S T 3 . 5 L

>caring about worst engine
y tho

>autoweek.com/article/drive-reviews/first-drive-infiniti-q60-red-sport-400

>The 400-hp 3.0-liter twin-turbo V6 engine is the same as the 300-hp unit in the mid-level Q60, but Infiniti keeps the wastegate shut a little longer, upping peak boost from 0.65 bar in the mid-level Q to 1.0 bar in our 400-hp Red Sport. To do that required better oil cooling and a very precise turbo speed sensor. The sensor is described in Infiniti literature as “optical,” but Mineke Iwaki, manager for vehicle dynamics engineering, said it actually measures fluctuations in the magnetic charge emitted as the turbo spins, which sounds far more sciencey to us. By knowing the exact speed of each of the two turbos, engineers are able to get closer to the engine’s maximum load capacity, increasing boost to nearer the limit without fear of blowing the whole thing up like an M80 in a cantaloupe. The turbos themselves are integrated into the headers, which are integrated into the cylinder head for greater efficiency, offering a shorter flow to the catalytic converters and greater rigidity.

Holy shit that sounds like an expensive nightmare to fix

Nissan hasnt made a good engine since clinton was in office

very difficult to upgrade too.

>The turbos themselves are integrated into the headers, which are integrated into the cylinder head for greater efficiency
What the fuck am i reading?
pretty much impossible with all those retarted sensors i bet nobody wants to touch it

Oh god this engine gets even worse

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_VR_engine#VR30DDTT

>Aluminium block with arc sprayed mirror coating to cylinder bores
>Aluminium cylinder head with integrated exhaust manifold
>Lightweight resin intake and lower oil pan
oh boy i cant wait for a small rock or stick to crack the oilpan!
>Compact twin direct-mount turbos with electronic wastegate actuator
>Twin water-to-air charge coolers with one (300 hp)/two (400 hp) water pumps
>Electronically controlled variable displacement oil pump
oh boy i bet this will never fail ever!
>Intake: electronic variable Valve Timing Control (VTC)
>Exhaust: hydraulic continuously variable VTC

>implying the VG30DETT was just as complicated, if not more in it's day and is notoriously reliable

Nissan makes the best V6s. You are literally trying to find faults in things with no evidence to support your claims.

I think you're underestimating the durability of modern plastics and resins. A lot can fail here I agree but the oil pan getting punctured seems like the least likely.

>What the fuck am i reading?
Something like one piece turbo+manifold with the exhaust side of the cylinder thrown into the mix.

>arguing over the worst engine layout

except there is a huge difference here. The VG30DETT was built by Nissan.
The VR30DDTT is the first all new V6 engine Renault has attempted to make since they took over Nissan.
It's going to fail spectacularly like everything else built with Renault quality.

Definitely nissan that's for true. Toyota and honda are bretty good too, but for sound and power nissan/new jaguars are god tier

you sho bout dat?

as sure as the fact Ford didn't build the engines in the original SHO's.

Look, unless they're trying to make minivans interesting (Avantime) or making hot hatches give one good lap time before blowing up, Renault it pretty fucking useless at everything.

The 2GR is a nice V6 engine