/ddg/ - Dragon's Dogma General

Sorc Edition

>Tips for new players
You can change vocations at level 10 at the Gran Soren inn or BBI.
Character appearance can be changed later on.
Don’t miss your sidequests: dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Side_Quest_Progression
Further info on "Must Do" sidequests: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qS9A47duONEwozGu8A6_oX_HyCxgBwbquGmlZqEQqqg/edit?usp=sharing
Understanding the romance system: dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Beloved

>Wiki you lazy shit
dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon's_Dogma_Wiki

==================================================

>/ddg/ Pawn Sheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/156IeHCRWMcCTU4nkIIwGgjVBetjVu47C9TvAlAc5HUY/edit?usp=sharing

>Stat Growths
dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Stat_Growths

>RC Calculator
opsc.dark-arisen.com/calculator.php?cmd=calculate

>In-depth Beginner/Advanced Player Guide and FAQ
docs.google.com/document/d/17Avxu-W6BCjDrglXtHg8Z3sKB_z_5tlWhV1Vmf_YWHw

>Character Creator Sliders
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QfNzxImmAvPk0jUhfKdyjxwUBg8OUl9iQhLMBL_pEl8/edit?usp=sharing

>Mods available
pastebin.com/jcbPgLdj (embed)
piratepad.net/ep/pad/view/ro.uXOgwZkXAy5/latest

>Hotkey Script for PC Players
pastebin.com/7gju0zt8 (embed)

>Modding on console and old pawns
pastebin.com/NMTBXnxA (embed)
>Guide to get DDO
pastebin.com/hywvK0qT (embed)

>DDO Beginners Guide
pastebin.com/xgzbcXNg (embed)

>Screenshot Guide
pastebin.com/6YtfNbcb (embed)

>Make webms
pastebin.com/4ipnGRND (embed)

>[un]official Steam group
steamcommunity.com/groups/postsliders

>Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

nexusmods.com/dragonsdogma/mods/334/?
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Did they ever fix that broken sorcerer augment for the PC release?

Dont think so

dead gen

Inflection? Nope.
There is one mod that comes up if you google for a fix, but the problem with having it on -your pawn specifically- is that people who hire them almost certainly won't have anything that fixes it. Basically just add inflection to your "ignore this pawn" mental checklist alongside the queen dress, nexus, etc.

>be out when the thread is kill
>nobody made new thread in time
reeeee

>H
>F
>B

I beat the game for the first time not long ago.

Had a blast but I'm not a fan of how you can just pause the game and take as many cureatives as you like, when ever you like. I thhink they should have make it like Monster Hunter or darks where you can only use one healing item at a time and taking it has a short animation that leaves you vunerable. That and the warrior should be able to have six active skills like every other class.

That sucks. I was hoping they'd fix it.

> give my character max macho stance
> he walks like a complete retard

should I redo my character? do characters walk normally with a more neutral stance?

By all means have a look at the mod yourself, I just skimmed it to check ti actually existed. If you were playing Sorc then it could be worthwhile using, it just never will be on a pawn because you can't count on everyone that hires you having that same fix installed.

You can see how they walk in the character creator.

The walking animations are really goofy no matter what your character is desu

yea that really sucks.
REALLY takes away from the game being anywhere near skill based

I'd agree, if there wasn't so much random 1shot bullshit.

Inflection is a mage augment. Mod is kinda useless.Unless you actually want to level mage to rank whatever it's unlocked at

You would anyhow for the augment to boost magicka by 10% at the last vocation level.

I tried doing the quest for the guy wanting to get through the gate at the quarry. Killed the bandits and goblins easily and just ran past the ogres.

After I informed the guy it was open he told me that he wanted me to kill all the ogres.

Am I too low level to beat them right now? I'm level 20 but my attacks weren't hurting them at all which is why I ran past them. Is there something I'm missing?

Also what is the ambush quest about? Random Chimera spawned. First time I managed to cut off the tail but that took a while and I was barely hurting the main body and eventually got killed. Second time I just ran away.

Am I doing it right? Seems weird to be running away from things all the time but maybe that's what I'm supposed to do.

"Ambush!" quests just pop up to tell you that you've engaged a large group of shitter-mobs or a large creature in the wild. Generally if you've been hacking away at the weak point of something for a while and still don't seem to be doing appreciable damage it's best to first check your gear and skills (and those of your pawn) to see if anything is amiss/can be improved that might help and if not just come back and try again after you feel your damage capabilities have gotten better.

Thanks for the info.

I'll just continue on with more quests and then come back to that one later.

Any DDO players here? Is shield sage even that useful, especially with Alchemist existing?

Debilitation resistance or defense?

If you're in bbi you'll want 100% sleep petrify and possession resistance if possible.

I probably should have said for your pawns. Most ailments are easy enough to avoid as the player that you can just carry around a few curatives.

Yeah asking for pawn

So debilitation>fashion>defense?

What happens, exactly, if i hurt friendly NPCs? Accidentally killed a few knight dudes that tried to help me out with some bandits.

Depends where you are, mostly the people around will just run away from you, and IIRC anyone killed comes back in 7 days time. If you're in Gran Soren and let the guards get reasonably near you then your ass gets to spend some time in the fungeon.

What skills are being used in this webm (from the last thread)? Reset, Skull Splitter and that one dash skill?

>I thhink they should have make it like Monster Hunter or darks where you can only use one healing item at a time and taking it has a short animation that leaves you vunerable.

I wish there were a mod for that.

Forgot webm

New to the game. Is it absolutely necessary to have a heal slut? Im thinking of making a dwarf warrior and a halfling strider or ranger and recruiting two sorcerors along the way.

Probably for the first like 20 levels if you can't find healing shit, but there should be enough around

no but they're very very very very very convenient

You'll be rolling in dosh if you try to complete every sidequest you come across, so you can stack up on plenty of consumables.

No. They're okay early on when your HP is as low as it is, but as you progress through the game it's better to just load up on inexpensive, effective curatives that you can buy. And that way you get a fourth person actually doing stuff in your group.

Have you found the healing spring? If not, wait to find it, put a crystal there, fill bottles when you need them.

Thanks, halfling-looking strider it is.

dashing attack?
pretty sure thats cutting wind or most likely the 3rd tier one

It's probably Sprint, noticed the sliding after looking closer. So, that's my Arisen's skillset. What's a good skillset for a early game fighter before i upgrade to magic knight?

rest at an inn then tell us
name/ level/ vocation

Is warcry recommended for warrior pawn?

alright
sent Dill and Scale back. did two Daimon runs so at least you'll get some RC

no

Is there a recommended alternate XP mod to play with?

Also, can my pawn get hired just as normally?

Magick Archer or Mystick Knight, /ddg/?

If any of you could try out my fighter pawn and give input if shield drum and the DPS of sheltered fusillade is worth it in lieu of perfect blocking like a motherfucker.

Level 61, Wolfgang

nexusmods.com/dragonsdogma/mods/334/?

Yes.

And I can rent and get rents normally?

Also, which of the 3 is the 'go to' of them?

Yes, though the EXP curve difference supposedly makes rented pawns higher level in your game, but doesn't affect the other person's game. I haven't seen this personally though.

I prefer using the plateau version for overgearing at early levels to attract more rents, however as an assassin I suffered for a long time from OHKOs; hardmode was not worth it.

Does this game have beast races?

fuck off furry

You can pretend with the eliminator helmets. Basically minotaurs.

One of my friends recommended this game to me

I just wanna be a lizard man with a harem of waifus, is that too much to ask?

theres a green skin option, but not other other lizard aesthetics

Buff?

Yes

My friend also told me that the game had an interesting marriage mechanic where you could find any NPC in the game and get romantically involved then marry them. Is there a bonus of sorts for that? Like marry a princess / noblewoman and then get a big house / fame / lots of money?

>buffscale
you can have your waifus but you're shit outta luck on the lizard pc, bucko

>thread ruined

just kidding

>You can marry little girls

How did that get past the localization team?

>plegic arrow sucks
goddamnit

get a rusted bow and goldforge that shit

don't bother, it's trash
get a rusted bow and dragon/goldforge that shit asap
congrats you are now playing easymodo

>maleficient heart shards
shit I'm not even at daimon yet

i'd give you one no problem, but fuck that
i'd be breaking the game for you

regular dragonforged works fine
rarifying just makes it better

Why are you doing here? You not like my game any more?

I need something more in my life, Todd-kun

Fallout, Skyrim, and Starbound are getting stale...make more FO4 dlc!

You guys do not know what is in store for this general with this guy here

PSA for all owners of Mage pawns.

This is bad, stop using Inflection.

It is busted, it doubles the damage taken instead.

Stop using Inflection.

That is all.

>even using mages

>hit level 21 and trade in my level 17 pawns
>find a fighter with 5 stars in everything and sweet looking gear
>check his stats
>has more strength than everyone else in the party combined

using him is so wrong but it feel so wright

See:
Also, technically speaking, it could be a PSA for Sorcs too... but I never see Sorcs run it.

you really don't need that shit
game is easy enough

Is there a way to level up slower that dsoesn't fuck up any aspect of the game?

I want to level up slowly, but I don't want any online interaction to be busted, is that at all possible?

Yes.

But didn't some guy say that the pawns we hired would be higher level because of the busted XP curve?

That's what I'm trying to avoid.

If someone rents your level 45 pawn they MIGHT level up to 46 when they get out of the rift. That's about the extent of it - doesn't really matter.

All that happens is your pawn will bump up a few levels upon hire if you upload your pawn late in a level.

Like if your pawn is sitting at 200K xp at level 32 and gets hired by a player not using the mod, then your pawn will jump a few levels higher than what they were recruited at. So the worst thing that happens, is they get a higher level pawn at a discount.

Personally, I just try to upload only after leveling in order to avoid that. But it's no big deal if it does.

Even with the steeper level curves? A level of difference is the most that could happen?

I haven't heard of more than a few levels, even on plateau. Could get a little more wild maybe around 100 if you upload right before leveling or something, but even then I doubt it'd be dozens of levels or anything crazy.

So how does that work? My pawn comes back one level higher on my end? Like he got XP?

Also, can anyone that used this mod tell me how was the experience? Which curve did you use? Was is too slow? Or was it still to quick for your liking?

I started out using Plateau, and switched to Steep recently. Plateau was a bit too slow afterall and was starting to be a problem as active pawns I liked to hire were beginning to way outlevel me. Where I'm at in the mid 50s the Steep setting only requires half the xp as Plateau, though according to the chart later on it'll actually require more... but that's in the later 100s so I'm not sure I'll care.

As far as the levelling bug, I did have people report experiencing it with my pawn and this is what happened. He was something like L31, and others hired him as such, but after leaving the Nexus and looking at the inventory screen my pawn was instead like L33. But he was still L31 on my end and I never saw any effect of this.

The reason this happens, is every level starts the xp counter at zero. So if my pawn is only L31 but has 200K xp sitting on him, the game notices and since the other player is not using the xp mod my pawn now exceeds the needed experience for the next level plus the one after that so the game adjusts his level accordingly.

In that case the leveling bug isn't as bad as I thought it would be, that seems pretty reasonable, it's actually even possible I hired some pawns but didn't notice it at all, since it's so minor.

Did you find Steep more up your speed? Did you need to grind to get to a point where you're satisfied with your progression? Or was it comfortable enough that you didn't grind and didn't suffer from being overleveled like in the vanilla game?

Honestly, I only had three issues with Plateau.

One was minor in that I like to min/max up to 100, so it started feeling a bit grindy in that sense. And the other two, more major, was that the slower xp meant longer game sessions before hitting an inn (since I try to avoid the level bug, despite it being minor) and pawns I like to hire were getting way ahead of me in level.

I haven't played enough of Steep yet to make a judgment, but the play sessions are a bit more reasonable at the least.

Plateau, disregarding the online interaction (resting and hiring), actually felt really comfortable to play. And doing BBI with top-end gear but lower level makes for a fun challenge since your health pool is so low. Plus I had to get clever with weapons since the L1/2/3 weapons have stamina drain until L32 L46 and L51 (I think those were the levels). Turns out many DLC weapons are hidden gems, Caged Fury on my Sorc let him punch well above his weight for example.

Honestly, I have half a mind to get over min/maxing to 100 and just pop back onto Plateau while learning to deal with the online problems.

>tfw I removed it and then forgot and put it back on again
I want this game to live again for just a moment so the devs will fix this shit.

Are you playing on hard mode? Or Normal?

Normal, I find that Hard mode, for various reasons, is balls.

Hey /ddg/, how well does a Ranger pawn use his abilities? Does he use the dagger too much while he should be using the bow?

Also, is there any decent reason to use a Strider pawn over a Ranger in any way?

>Also, is there any decent reason to use a Strider pawn over a Ranger in any way?

>change vocations
>skills reset
make it stop

Ranger pawns do a'ight, and generally seem to use whatever arrows you give them appropriately. Skill use is like any other pawn and depends on it's inclinations.

For Striders, they have more AoE bow abilities and stronger melee so those are two reasons to take a Strider.

All right, that clears all my doubts, thanks man!

Also, I'm using 'dinput8.dll hooks', so I can just zero my pawn's EXP just before resting, so the level bug doesn't happen.

Yeah, I use DLL Hooks to so I should just do that. I try to keep out of that menu as much as possible, but it is a straightforward way to fix that problem.

I'm about to level now, and I'm not even past the half-way point of the first third of BBI 2.0 so I think I may be going back to Plateau.

does clout give you 20% on your base str or your overall str including weapon?

Overall, including Vehemence too.

>cost: 76,050 RC
Wait, what determines hiring costs?

Also I thought I fixed Lucette's augments, my bad. Thanks for watching out for her.

fuck me
what's even the point of base stats?
my weapon + clout is like 99% of the total.

>Wait, what determines hiring costs?
Level difference, I'm only L54.

>Also I thought I fixed Lucette's augments, my bad. Thanks for watching out for her.
No prob.

Base stats actually count for more than the weapon's stats. The details are in the advanced faq, but off the top of my head I think base STR/MAG counts for double just for basic attacks. Skills sometimes have their own formulas which may weigh base stats higher, like if I recall right the MK's GMC counts only base Magick.

You guys still going huh? Good for you. Any new content since Bitterblack Isle?

My Arisen is going to be a MK.

I'm in doubt whether to make my main Pawn a Ranger or a Sorcerer, any suggestions? Suggestions other than those two are also welcome.

Fuck naw.

I was hoping modding would eventually allow adjustment and replacement of spawns/loot so that post-game could get a BBI-tier facelift. But the best I've heard of is a bloated and buggy 'triple spawn' mod.

As far as official content, all Capcom has offered is vague mentions of thinking about maybe porting DDO sometime if they are in the mood one day.