/hbg/ - Homebrew and Hacking General

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (Downgrade: 11.1 - Entrypoints: smealum.github.io/3ds)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05 (Kernel)
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: 3ds.guide/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
IOSU+Kernel Exploit: github.com/FlimFlam69/WiiUTutorial/wiki
Vita: pastebin.com/v3caHHnp

-RECENT NEWS-
>General
-33c3 presentations on December 27th. One for 3DS and Wii U, one for PS4. Both will probably be livestreamed.
fahrplan.events.ccc.de/congress/2016/Fahrplan/events/8344.html
fahrplan.events.ccc.de/congress/2016/Fahrplan/events/7946.html

>3DS
-DS games via SD card released: gbatemp.net/threads/454323/
-11.0/11.1 downgrading released. Requires 4 specific DSi games that are no longer available. More info here: 3ds.guide/nfirm-downgrade
-If you're on 11.0-11.2 and don't have any of the 4 games above you'll need a second CFW 3DS along with any DSiWare game.

>Wii U
-A new method to get regionfree has been released. gbatemp.net/threads/448468
-New DNS that block updates have been released. gbatemp.net/threads/451486 & gbatemp.net/threads/436346
-New tool for dumping images from a Wii U disc has been released gbatemp.net/threads/wudump-dump-raw-images-from-a-wiiu-game-disc.451736/

>Vita
-PSN spoofing is broken on the Vita for both Henkaku and TaiHenkaku currently.
-Adrenaline released. gist.githubusercontent.com/TheOfficialFloW/0ed4e09e2d447e631416cb84d7c43107/raw/readme.txt
-taiHENkaku released along with source. tai.henkaku.xyz/
-Some .vpk files can brick your Vita. Be careful. wololo.net/2016/10/04/warning-ps-vita-brickers-in-the-wild/
-Update 3.61 patches HENkaku.

>PS4
-4.06 patches the 4.01 jailbreak, DO NOT UPDATE

>PS3
-4.81 Rebug CFW released
-It's possible to run games on OFW 4.70 without ODE and IDPS. gbatemp.net/threads/447577

Other urls found in this thread:

psxhax.com/threads/decrypted-ps4-package-pkg-files-psproxy-src-soon-by-red-eyex32.1360/
cturt.github.io/ps4-2.html
twitter.com/RedEyeX32
mega.nz/#!NFAgxCgY!alb4twmTec4COqdhvmlO2DWOnvr_afD6L2Nmvt3cDgM
youtube.com/watch?v=bGpyu65LdUY
customjailbreak.com/ps3-jailbreak/
twitter.com/marcan42/status/813117005582790657
3dsthem.es/?q=user:Ryumaru
files.catbox.moe/t1l076.7z
gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-setup-custom-firmware-w-sigpatches.446818/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Forgot to link previous thread sorry

Shit thread kill yourself OP

last for "PS4 piracy never ever"

Are there any resources for 3DS save files? I want to unlock amiibo content without having to shell out for amiibos / an amiiqo / some NFC tags. Would be great if some of these skins and characters were already unlocked and put onto an early game save file.

Reminder that DS rom loading from SD was not worth waiting for

literally all i forgot was the link to the last thread

OP, you're a faggot for not including this. Don't make a new thread if you can't stay up to date with the thread.

psxhax.com/threads/decrypted-ps4-package-pkg-files-psproxy-src-soon-by-red-eyex32.1360/
cturt.github.io/ps4-2.html
twitter.com/RedEyeX32

Seems like PS4 "HENkaku" app may be in the works!

So, i'll fill you all in quickly, yesterday, user Red-EyeX32 posted on his twitter that we will be getting PSProxy Source code and decrypted .PKG files for PS4. For those who're not up to date with the PS4 scene, .PKG files are pretty much the equivalent of .VPK for PSVita.

The thing is that once he announced that he was going to release .PKG files, everyone started wondering what version would this be for, and answered that this would work in "All" PS4, meaning that he probably has found a way to bypass SAMU. What is SAMU you ask? SAMU is an encryption process that works in a separate processor which is very protected and very hard to enter. EXACTLY last month, Red and other users hinted in tweets that they had gained control over SAMU, meaning that nearly every content made for PS4 can be decrypted, yes, that includes the games.

It seems that there will be a talk tomorrow day 27th and PS4 hacking with be one of the main focus, but I haven't found proper info on whether it will be livestreamed or we'll have to wait until info comes online by people who attend the talk.

I'll keep y'all informed!

UPDATE:

In order to not be killed by everyone by using the ping yet again today, i'll just update this. @DAIstian has informed me that the talk is going to happen in the CCC event in Germany, concretely 27th December at 23:00 GMT+1 afterwards that time, they should upload the talk to their youtube channel. The focus seems to be PS4 and Linux, but they may also address what Red has talked about.

Can someone test this Dragon Quest Monsters: Terry Wonderland 3D english patch cia I made? My 3DS is at home while I'm with family for the holidays

mega.nz/#!NFAgxCgY!alb4twmTec4COqdhvmlO2DWOnvr_afD6L2Nmvt3cDgM

>Thinking anyone cares about PS4
LOL

>Thinking anyone cares about your shitpost.
LOL

>thinking
Shitposters win again

>caring enough to reply

LMAO

Reminder that loading Poor Little White Guy video from the ds card is a mandatory wait for.

Are there any NTR plugins for the AVGN game?

yeah, you showed me. gottem

Haha, I get it! Because he's a cuck.

Remember. Even with a PS4 scene you still won't have any games to play.

I don't even have a PS4. Homebrew news for any console excites me. I don't understand the shitposting.

Just hand over the cheats and you won't be booted over the wall Carlos.

can't believe the ps4 wait is coming to an end

>whiteknighting consoles
>consoles you don't even own

>I'm so retarded that I must shitpost things I don't like.

Will /3dstechsupport/ ever come back?

Not as long as the vita exists. I say let them. Because I own both.

any way to convert DS games into playable roms on 3DS? or is it technically impossible?

that's not how it works

but is it technically impossible?

not impossible but you have to do some crazy bullshit for it to work. That's why nds-bootstrap runs so poorly

DSIWare games are DS games so I wouldn't doubt that if it were reversed engineered somebody could see how the japanese pulled it off.

By rewriting parts of the program and using a different API. You don't have the source code so you can't do that.

You literally need the source code to make cross-platform software, that's why not every DS game was re-released for the 3DS.

Somebody needs to hack Nintendo HQ and download the code and program used to convert the files.

that's not how it works you fucking retard
I just explained that's not how it works

The original developers are the ones that hold the source code, if they still do, and it's definitely not on a server connected to the Internet.

hack everyone then just get me that fucking key

kys luddite

How long until we can do 11.1 without a DSiware game?

Is this what you mean?

youtube.com/watch?v=bGpyu65LdUY

5 +24 hours.

I have Henkaku installed, exactly why would I need to install TaiHenkaku and what is TaiHenkaku and why would I need to switch between the two?

If I do install the switcher, will it affect anything I have currently? All I use is Retroarch for Pokemon Prism

How long until we can do 11.1 without buying an entrypoint?

taihen is the newer thing and it implements plugins. Use it, it's better.

Ok guys, you're the most reliable source I have on the issue right now. I need some directions:

Can someone confirm if this ps3's jailbreak is real or bait? customjailbreak.com/ps3-jailbreak/

I have a ps3 MGS4 edition 4.80. I really want to jailbreak it.

pls halp

Ah I see, it's just better

then what is the switcher for? For people that want to switch, there has to be a reason right?

taihen used to be buggier. It's not so buggy now.

there is no software downgrade or CFW installer for PS3s beyond 3.55.

You can't be serious

Henkaku used to be the stable version and Tai was the beta for new features, but Tai is essentially stable now so is a straight upgrade.

So I downloaded a pokemon sun .cia yesterday, installed onto my 3ds with fbi, and it was working fine until I pressed the qr code reading thing on the menu in hauoli city, at which point the thing crashed. Now whenever I try to boot up sun, I just get a gray screen and get sent back to the home menu with the "an error has occurred" crash message. Is it the .cia that's the problem? Is there a way to get my save back?

>taihen used to be buggier. It's not so buggy now.
If I just install taihen on top of what I have now, will I be fine?

Yes.

JKSM should let you extract the save still.
Not sure why the crash is happening though

taihenkaku is also required if you wanna install adrenaline to play psp games natively (you need to transfer a psp game from your ps3 though first if you don't have one on there already, after that you can transfer your downloaded pirate ones and play them).

thank you very much anons

no I mean converting the games into installable CIAs

>that video
>that compatible games list
>no Pokemon, DQ, Chrono Trigger
HAW

thanks man, I'll get to installing that asap. Any ideas as to what I should do with pokemon sun itself?

Forwarders for nds-bootstrap already exist.

No idea. I'd maybe download freeshop too and install sun that way.

Sorry. I lurked through gbatemp (should have done it first) and read about the jailbreak and I am feeling really ashamed and silly right now.

Can a completely unmodified 3DS access online features in games and things such as the eshop?

I'm getting mixed signals.

>tfw PS4 4.06 fw
4.06 jailbreak when?

Was thinking about that, I tried it before but deemed it impossible since my internet is

4.07 jailbreak when ?

>No support for Mario 64 DS
>even though it was running a couple of days ago.
Christ.
I hope it's in a better state before the Switch launches.

buy a flashcard

I had one which recently broke and i'm saving up for a PS VR.

two years. do not update!

Where's the newest guide to installing redNAND? The one in the WiiU pastebin is from 10/31, I know there's one newer than that.

>Paying $400 just to sit in the cockpit in Ace Combat

>Implying VR Ace Combat isn't worth it

I want it, but I don't to spend the better part of a grand on it.

>they may also address what Red has talked about.
They won't.
twitter.com/marcan42/status/813117005582790657
Already confirmed there won't be any discussion on native PS4 software, it's exclusively about the process of porting Linux and the challenges involved in that.
Fail0verflow also already confirmed last year that they have no plans to release any kind of exploit or anything beyond their Linux port.

where the updated 3ds themes at?

>$400
Technically, that's the lesser part of a grand.

Arethe dudes who wanted the Steins;Gate sound effects here?

I can post them in about 5 minutes.

I'd need a PS4 too.

PS4- $400
PSVR- $400
Ace Dingbat- $60

$860 is better part of a grand

>PS4- $400
Haven't they slashed the price by now?

You can search on 3dsthem.es at the top left corner of the website

alternatively you can download this BRs themes which are top quality
3dsthem.es/?q=user:Ryumaru

>PS4 $200
>PSVR $400
>Game is free because of upcoming piracy
ftfy

yeah it's like 249 now and that's with a game

files.catbox.moe/t1l076.7z

Here are the Steins;Gate SFX my dudes.

>$600 total
my main point stands

gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-setup-custom-firmware-w-sigpatches.446818/

I got a super mario black new 3ds yesterday. I already have a a9lh O3ds with a legit copy of Legends of Exidia, does that mean I can hack this thing?

Getting back into Vita stuff. Gonna try and install Adrenaline.

I have a PS3 I can download a demo on. Is moving it over literally just have PS3 and Vita on, then use the PS3 content manager to move it over? It won't try to update my Vita right?

The only guide I saw about this mentioned you needed a cfw PS3 but that doesn't sound right judging from what everyone says.

below 11.1 firm yes

>I have a PS3 I can download a demo on. Is moving it over literally just have PS3 and Vita on, then use the PS3 content manager to move it over? It won't try to update my Vita right?
not if you use vita update blocker

lemme boot it up and check which firmware it has

You need to use QMCA first, in airplane mode, so the PS3 doesn't prompt you to update.
After you've been able to connect to your PC using that, just unplug and stick it in your PS3

great post please keep me updated

you can subscribe to my blog at the following web district
www.wwww.wwww.w..w.w.w.w.

>someone selling a n3DS XL for 800 beaner dollars (40usd) online
>supposedly this cheap because it's online banned
>have modded o3DS so can unban easily
It sounds too good to be true, is this scam?

Where do I get the complete version of Fire Emblem Fates? On the freeshop the Euro version is just the six chapter demo before the route split and I don't even get a download DLC prompt in the shop, the US version is just the two separate games.

So I have an o3DS on 9.1 with Ironhax, and I want to play Fire Emblem Fates, which requires 10.3. How would I go about updating safely?

You're gonna get your boibucci stretched apart.

how come you retards never install ciangel?

buy it and send it to me hermano

>is this a scam
probably but it's worth a shot

>buy
>copy your friendcodeseed
>sell

ez money

Because I just got into the scene you good person.
Fates is a bit confusing because I don't know whether or not the three routes are considered DLCs or if I have to donwload each route as a standalone game or whatever the fuck. I just want the whole package ready to go