youtu.be/FQopawPlBhw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

the goat

The OP said "best," not "luckiest."

Also
>implying Veeky Forums knows anything about motorsport

Jager porch best porch

tipcal weebshit answer

To be fair, they did change the rules b/c that car was so good.

Porsche is the best. The 917 was batshit insane, and the 956 is still undefeated on the burgerking

>2hp/kg

nice shitpost

now with picture

youtube.com/watch?v=n8qyI7LmYrA

this is a great watch, if you guys are interested

Could've just posted the Toyota GT-One. it was a much faster car and actually put up a very good fight against its opponents. This thread doesn't have to be "winners" just fast prototype cars that raced at le mans.

>they did change the rules b/c that car was so good.

Wrong. The new rule changes were already in effect for the 1991 WSC season. 1991 was a transition year, so they allowed the old spec cars to race to fill up the grid. In Mazda's case, they chose to run the car under the old rules. Furthermore, the Mazda car was so unlikely to win that they were able to convince the officials to allow them to run the car almost 400lbs less weight than everybody else. 1991 was the only race that a 787B would ever win in rap sheet of over 20 races. 1992 was the second year of the new regs and so they were no longer allowing the old spec cars to race which included the 787B.

ALMS at Las Vegas roval

I was unprepared for these feels

917-30 isn't a Le Mans prototype, it's a Can-Am car. And, because I don't like you, the 956 is only undefeated on the nerdburgerking because it won the final race held there, not because it beat good competition.

well, yes, the /30 was Can Am car, but chassis and engine was still basically the same, mind the twin massive turbo chargers

also, take a look at how MUCH faster the 956 is, not just against other cars, but other group C cars as well

came to post

and pic related

1st snek is best snek

>I was unprepared fo these feels

Prepare to get blown away then. Here are the whole broadcasts of the 1999 and 2000 races

youtu.be/Wz7VzLh6No4
youtu.be/urgsOAC-Aqs

Shame that the IMSA channel doesn't upload old ALMS races. But the now abandoned ALMS channel still has a bunch of late 90s to mid 2000s broadcasts

Veeky Forums is a no bully board

The different 250-models.
Wins: 1958,1960,1961,1963,1964,1965

>Shame that the IMSA channel doesn't upload old ALMS races. But the now abandoned ALMS channel still has a bunch of late 90s to mid 2000s broadcasts

They actually have most the race uploaded all the way to 2013.

Surprised nobody has mentioned the TWR-Joest WSC-95. The exact same car won back-to-back in '96 and '97 -- the most orecent of only four cars to do so (oddly enough, Joest also won the '84 and '85 race with the same Porsche 956). The car was really just a Jaguar XJR-14 with the roof chopped off and an old Porsche 3.0L flat-6. Although Joest was able to pull in some Porsche engineers to help with the car, it was not a factory effort. Despite being a privateer team, the car was fast against not just the other prototypes, but the new breed of competitive GT1 cars which included the factory Porsche GT1.

Best Le Mans Airplane.

Definitely not this

those 58s tho

The Le Mans winning car wasn't a pontoon fender though.

>barely any time and money to get developed
>nevertheless Nissan still spent fuck hueg amounts of money on promotion
>chassis had to be completely redone because it didn't pass the safety tests
>hybrid system didn't work, so the car had only a small part of its power
>all of the above make it a big failure, but they would surely get better the next year right?
>Development on the 2016 car started right after the horrible LeMans race with a improved hybrid system in mind
>Nissan then suddenly cancels the program at christmas

It's such a shame it turned out like it did. It would've been interesting to see how it would've competed if it worked properly. But because it was such a momumental flop, there probably will never be a front engined LMP car ever again

delet this

Yeah, the only time it raced in Le Mans ended up in technical difficulties ruining any hopes for a victory, but that doesn't stop me from liking it. Also it anally devastated everyone else in the preceding WEC season, and that probably counts for something.

The sound's breddy gud as well
youtube.com/watch?v=am68lQsoNaI

Don't forget the unloved middle child

Oh wow, that version is way worse than I expected. I'd upload the fullres but its too big and I'm stuck on mobile

visually perfection. best looking car of all time IMO.

>best looking car of all time IMO.

You are entitled to your subjective opinion, but goddamn your shit taste.

too bubbly.

heh...shit taste confirmed.

Truly the greatest.

/thread

reminder that the highest speed set at le mans was achieved with peugeot power

(a few laps before the engine overheated and blew up)

What about the TS020?

jesus christ wtf am i watching. brb brushing my teeth

I don't know, but it looks satisfying. Like getting that piece of popcorn out of your teeth after fighting with it for hours.

plaque removal
that stuff is calcified food particles and dead bacteria

That's someone who hasn't seen a toothbrush in years or was never taught to brush behind.

that could do 420 km/h, but didn't actually set that speed at the le mans circuit

remember that the mulsanne straight chicanes were introduced after 1989

/thread

the race car sounds good but the street car sounds godlike

youtu.be/FQopawPlBhw

gm btfo, they won't recover

Hometown nigga builds his own car and drives it to victory while his boys in the other car take 2nd spot right behind him beating the factory Porsche teams.

>ywn feel those feels.
Why live?

I chuckled

That car is actually a fucking beast

Ehem, excuse me, Le Mans royalty coming though. GT40 Mk. I Chassis #1075.

130 around turns... I think we found a Winner!

You can see he is raging with the power of all his ancestors but he can't express it because of some samurai honour code

GT1 needs to come back.

I want to see race-spec LaFerraris, P1's and 918's race eachother.

The Chaparral 2J was a Can-Am car.....so no, no we haven't.

The FIA doesn't want the GT cars outrunning the Prototypes again like they did in '95 and '98, so unfortunately, it'll never happen. It's also a cost thing, GTE Pro and GTE Am are supposed to be less of a financial burden.

Sorry, last comment about GT1 was meant for you.

>GT1 needs to come back.

No point to it. By '97 it was just another prototype class.

Also, there's nothing stopping any of those cars from competing today.

GTE-PROs cost almost as much as the collective costs to run a P2
P2 are cost capped at a bit less than 500k, but that only gives you a rolling chassis with no engine and no electronics, so you have to add another 100k for the engine and almost as much for the electronic systems (you can choose between cosworth, Marelli and others), plus several tens of thousands for various upgrades needed to run in certain series.
This brings a brand new, running P2, dangerously close to a million in cost.

GTE PROs are not cost capped, if you consider that a 488 GT3 costs around 700k euro dollars and it's not equipped from the factory to run endurance (meaning you have to buy costly upgrades like brake calipers, wheel hubs with fast locking nuts, possibly different refueling systems, cameras, aero kits and so on) and then, you still have a car that can't compete in GTE, because they run under different rule sets that are very similar to GT2...Then you can see how a brand new, running GTE (a good bit more advanced than a GT3, even if less extreme from certain point of views) can even surpass the cost of an LMP2.

GTs are more expensive than you imagine, especially at those levels.

Where LMP2s really "shine" in costs is the equipment needed to service them and the spare parts, if you include those costs then of course P2s cost a truckload more than GTs.

I think he was referring to LMP1, not LMP2.

Well yeah, LMP1 is a whole different story

No losing car was ever more deserving of a win. Only the TS020 comes close in terms of 'almost'.

Ford is on the cutting edge with their innovative EcoBoost technology

i brush and floss but i still get some build up that i have to go to the dentist for once a year to get cleaned. I think the water in my house is heavy or something because it always leaves this orange residue on my shower head and humidifier that i have to clean off all the time.

>orange
user, thats beyond "heavy". move to a civilized country, man

water tastes fine through my fridge's filter and i don't taste anything funny when brushing my teeth. it's weird. the residue on my humidifier is the most noticeable. it comes right off when i rub my fingers on it and it build up after a few days.

The aerodynamic theory behind the GTR-LM NISMO is still valid IMO (Take the layout of a current mid-engined LMP-H, flip in around and make the back end a giant double-decker difuser to get fuck-tons of downforce because "Lol there's no engine or gearbox back there to interrupt your airflow"). The real issue is that you need an Formula 1-sized budget ($200 Million+) to make a hybrid LMP1 work and Nissan were spending Indycar-levels of money on developing the car ($10-15 Million).

Jean Rondeau was awesome.

Anyway, here's my pick: A snarling, turbocharged beast of a GT car driven to overall victory by American drug-dealing brothers.

>some build up that i have to go to the dentist for once a year
>orange
fluoride

That car, not just the model, that single car, won two overall Le Mans victories, while competing in the GT class in '68 and '69. Not class victories, overall victories. 1075 is a legend.

>'68 GT40
>EcoBoost

That's oddly pleasing to watch

Before the FIA neutered it, that car would pass prototypes on the straights. The second it started dipping in to prototype lap times Porsche threatened to pull out because it kept getting raped like a lollie hentai in a room full of neckbeard otaku.

I want to physically harm you meme faggot.

Weel it was racing with an engine much bigger than everyone else.
That said, every other participant has to agree when they give cars a waiver to race outside the rules (much like they did with the Ford GT this year, since it couldn't technically race because the car wasn't in production yet), so they can't really complain unless there is cheating involved

I bet that if they fielded the same exact cars into the LMP900 class and had no homologation special requirements, nobody would give a shit about them by now.
Just like LMP-GTP are famous because oh my god they actually sold 20-something of those as road cars.

>The second it started dipping in to prototype lap times Porsche threatened to pull out

That makes no sense. The factory Porsche teams weren't even competing in the same class and were a good -20sec/lap faster than the Viper.

the build up on my teeth isnt orange, just the normal color slightly lighter than my teeth. the build up on the humidifier and shower head is orange though. you're saying thats flouride residue left from the water?

cars covered in pulverized rubber from the tires are erotic

>one fucking post to the autistic screeching of the mazda

Damn I want this as a poster.

>lmp
>best

Yay! Restrictor racing!

>best
>only won one race
i dont think you understood the question user

It seems like you are assuming GTs don't have restrictors

Yaaaaaaaaay

i don't know why, but this images pleases me greatly

>only one race
The engine wasn´t allowed anymore after that race.

>IT WAS 2 GUD TO RACE

One. Fucking. Win.

Nearly all of that is carbon dust from the brakes.

After the season, not the race

>21 races
>1 win

oh. Didn't know. Thanks

But they have restrictors too you dumb tit

GT40 Mk2

I probably like this one more than I should