/sthg/ - Sonic The Hedgehog General

Welcome to Sonic the Hedgehog General. Let's talk about Sonic games, old and new, and the entire franchise including animation and comics. Share art, music, talk about new developments, discuss ROM hacks, speedrunning, and more

/sthg/ #638 - A New Year Awaits Edition

>Link CompilationDrawfag/Writefag Idea WallsNews/Developments

Other urls found in this thread:

sonic.wikia.com/wiki/Chao
tssznews.com/2016/12/26/the-sonic-movie-characters-may-have-redesigns-but-nothing-extreme/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First.

>A New Year Awaits Edition
RIP 2016

I CAN TASTE THE DAY (taste the day)
SAVOUR NIGHT (savour night)

SPELLS BEYOND YOU
AS I WATCH YOU CRAWL

>A New Year Awaits Edition

>RIP 2016

Black Knight's Soundtrack is the ABSOLUTE PEAK of Sonic Music ever.

Too bad the game is mediocre at best

Who else is back from vacation?

ded

Sonic girls are so much cuter now than in the preboot. So many qt waifus~

Honey is a jerk to make an umbrella that gets the floor wet wherever its owner walks.

More like she's a genius. I first thought the umbrella was magic like the air necklaces, but Honey just made it on a whim.

So she can make any special clothing with magic powers?

You can be a genius and still be a jerk.

Maybe that's where she get's some of her fighting abilities.

Dammit, Sonic

Someone explain Chao to me

What the fuck are these things

sonic.wikia.com/wiki/Chao

I wonder if Sonic will mention being in Studiopolis before, making Mania canon to the comic before the game is out.

Hey fags

How was your Christmas?

Is that EpicTones? I keep hoping for a busty Roxy from him.

I recognize this artist from /ctt/ threads. He's good people.

Same as every other day.

Good! Got a Steam card and the Sonic Dimensions pack.

Good, I got 50$ among other things.

Does he have an art-related account?

dead the opossum

How pissed off would you be if I drew this character

Not at all/10

Do it

WELL FUCK.
>The Sonic Movie Characters May Have Redesigns “But Nothing Extreme”

tssznews.com/2016/12/26/the-sonic-movie-characters-may-have-redesigns-but-nothing-extreme/

And the little remaining hope I have left of this being good just got cut in half.

Probably fur textures. No cyclops eyes.

Hah! What if they're lying and go the Ninja Turtles route?

Why don't they just use the fucking Marza models? There's absolutely nothing wrong with them.

That'd be too easy.

Also we can't have anything nice, silly.

>the inevitable day when they release a teaser trailer
It will be 2014 all over again.

Hey rumorfag(s), was this the "bombshell"?

>yfw that means Sonic will be "vulnerable"

Dammit, I was hoping it would be like what this guy had said.
>I hopes it’s similar to how the Spongebob characters looked in Sponge Out Of Water (before they got super powers, that is.)

>yfw it will look worse than the fan-film

I'm probably more scared on how they're going to handle Eggman in this.

The guy said that it could possibly spread to the movie, which means it wasn't directly linked to it.

Maybe the bombshell is that they're finally axing Boom for good and it's affecting the movie because they actually wanted to use the Boom designs. Either that or Sega is doubling down on Boom and retiring the main continuity, which could extend to forcing the movie to use Boom designs.

As the filename says. Took the eyes from Rouge and tried to match them to Bump's face - if nothing else, studying Roughe's model has given me thoughts for how Bump's face should look.

Rumorfag was full of shit.

I don't think any of that is gonna happen.

>axing Boom for good
They just announced a dub for Japan, it's not going anywhere unfortunately.

>they actually wanted to use the Boom designs
It was confirmed the movie wasn't Boom.

>Either that or Sega is doubling down on Boom and retiring the main continuity
We just saw Project 2017.

Did they say that Eggman would be animated or played by an actor?

Who's ready for the fucking Sly Cooper movie all over again?

I just can't think of that going well at all.

To be fair, if they already wasted the time and money for a dub to be made awhile ago, they won't just decide to not air it.

It's still possible for the Boom brand to just be canned after it airs.

Looking good so far
>filename
Have you ever model other robots in Sonic before besides Gamma and his brothers?

Is that even a thing anymore? It hasn't come out all year, and Sony hasn't said a thing about it or done any promotions or marketing.

Because the designs aren't hip and cool enough

They're both sluts

>I still hate modelling organic
Omega pls.

But the movie isn't out yet.
The movie would definitely bomb like Ratche & Clank, though.

>Have you ever model other robots in Sonic before besides Gamma and his brothers?
I didn't model Gamma. I'm working from 3Dbro's files, since he's unable to finish them.

Yes, they are.

Modelling Omega would actually be easier for me.

Bump is pure!

PURE!

She's a filthy whore.

It's happening

>“But Nothing Extreme”
See, there's the problem. With the Boom designs it's clear that the creators wanted to deviate heavily from the game designs at first, but were forced to reel it in by SEGA. That left us with what was essentially the game designs with superfluous tweaks that made them mostly worse off (save Knuckles, whose silhouette got a complete overhaul as well).

Look up Potluck HB on Tumblr.

The only issue I can see with piecing a face together is that we might start to lose facial weights and flexes, which will make ironing all that out harder. I think that's going to be pretty much inevitable though, so I'd just keep going. Good job.

You're a filthy whore

If that's true, how come she bumps more than an acne-riddled teenager wearing a basketball on his head?

I don't think they have already produced it, though.

We'd be talking about a couple of years until Boom finishes airing in Japan if we take into account that Boom still has no air date and that there are two seasons to air. I doubt they would just sit on their asses in all that time and not do something else with it. It's a lot of exposure time on money already spent and a long time to reconsider.

EW

I'm only roughing out the face for now. Once I have a better grasp of how her face is constructed I could probably do a little better.

I meant more how garbage the "redesigns" were.

This is going to be hilarious.

Because who else is there to save us from a 404? She is the hero we need.

Why would they do that? Who in their right mind would think this makes things better?

>She is the hero we need.
By being a slut.

I'm not seeing any evidence

>Who in their right mind would think this makes things better?
Someone who knew the only way to get his fan movie any attention was to shove as many e-celebs and real celebs in it as possible.

>more animal-like

>Nothing Extreme
This dude should know by now that ANY change is something extreme to fans.

Don't think it was.

>But Nothing Extreme

Her very nature as the bumper makes her a slut.

The tweet does say they want it to still feel and look like Sonic, so I think they'll be tweaking them to fit into the live-action world, hopefully just a slight style alteration as opposed to

Nobody would date Sage.

I imagine she's got a soft side.

I don't really trust Hollywood to "slightly alter" anything. If they are given the option to alter things, it's not gonna be slight. They always do whatever the fuck they please, and everyone knows they wouldn't think twice to shit on an IP for a dime.

Besides, how exactly do you alter Sonic to make him fit in a live-action world? It should be the other way around: make the fucking world fit Sonic. It's a fucking Sonic the Hedgehog movie after all. Fuck, I'm mad now.

>even more flat than Blaze
>soft
nope

Can't wait for them to use their Boom desings

Looks less shit compare to This is the 06 prototype design, right? Does that mean that this and 06 model are the prototypes of Modern Sonic?

DELET

How would you redesign Sonic, /sthg/?