Rich Kid Envy

Poor kids get in here.

>raised in the 99%
>forced to take out massive debt to fund schooling
>worry about money all the time growing up
>constantly shoved in my face that my family is poor
>girl I know raised by rich parents
>girl is given an easy stepping ladder up to rich life like her parents
>her parents give her, not lend, GIVE her thousands of dollars so she can go to college
>uncle sets up brokerage account for her and GIVES her $1,000 worth of stocks
>she is obsessed with saving money but when ever I tell her to take her uncles advice and invest she doesn't care
>is super elitist and thinks that anything outside her bubble is a waste of time
>she only wants to talk about the environment, thinks growing her own food will help the environment more than starting a solar panel company (she's one of THOSE people)
>acts like stocks are a waste of her OH SO PRECIOUS time
>talks about white male privilege, is so unbelievably privileged in life and doesn't appreciate one bit of it

Why can't rich kids be thankful for the ladder they've been given? Is it because if they do that they have to acknowledge that they didn't make it by themselves? I would kill to have the business opportunities she has and she doesn't even have enough of a concept of money to care.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=d5UUW-Z2-wU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

(smart) rich people dont play the game because theyve already won

Its your own fault for having been born poor.

>know rich girl
>her parents just won 600k in the lottery
>theyre already loaded

(OP)
>abusive parents
>hate my life since being a teenager
>study hard
>get a degree
>wageslave and continue to hate my life
What can you really do. I never had the chance anyways. I just live the 8-5 lifestyle now and sometimes buy a lottery ticket or two to continue daydreaming about escaping this shit lifestyle. I earn ok money, but considering rent, food and other expenses there isn't much left to save. My parents don't have a house or any other real property that would make an early retirement possible once they die. It fucking sucks.

I'll wageslave until I'm 62 I guess.

>Why can't rich kids be thankful for the ladder they've been given?
>she doesn't even have enough of a concept of money to care

She was raised to be moral and consumerist.
That's how she turned out.

You are poorer than she is because you deserve to be poorer.

Do I really deserve to be poorer because I was born in a shit family? I'm trying to climb the corporate ladder but every day I'm becoming less and less motivated. I daydream about making money through the internet and just fuck to Cuba or Thailand, but it's difficult.

>raised in the 99%
>WAAAH PEOPLE HAVE IT BETTER THAN ME
Guess what: if you were born in the first world, you are the fucking 1%.

You really do deserve to be poorer.
>because I was born in a shit family?
Because you think that you have to excuse yourself.
You're justifying your worth instead of acknowledging that there is a way for you to play your cards to win, though you avoid it because it's uncomfortable to do anything except for averaging out.

I work 56 hours a week and earn good money, but even with that good money I will not retire before I hit 50. Modern regulations make it almost impossible to open a small business, that's why 90% of them fail. I'm trying to start shit and I hope I'll succeed, it's just demoralizing to think about how some people are just born rich.

Trustfund babies travel the world, get a shit degree in liberal arts but don't have to work anyways.

>dad commits suicide when I was 8
>hear about all these trust fund kids getting thousands
>Trump gets millions from his father
>never get a single penny of inheritance

Rich kids are so completely delusional. They are so caught up in themselves, and have the nerve to call other people self-centered. They are so far into their bubble chances are they will never see the true life. They grow up thinking that their life is a 100% complete product of their own hard work. These are the people that are born on third base and convince themselves they hit a triple. They have very little existential knowledge, as a result they follow every rung of the ladder their parents have created for them and just "fall into life" without really thinking. They will tell you "horror" stories about when they used to be homeless and living on food stamps and they totally worked their way up! But they ALWAYS seem to forget the fact that they were homeless and on welfare by CHOICE, their father would have been more than able to support them and help them save. Once you realize that their father is rich and has all the connections for them to launch their career, you stop listening when they say "STARTED FROM THE BOTTOM". They are so deluded that they cannot see what 1% privilege has granted them. In these families money is just THERE, it's not talked about. They grow up thinking that everyone else is just as privileged as they are, and that 100% all it takes is hard work, and if you aren't as rich as them well then you don't work as hard. It's a lot harder clawing your way to the top without a ladder. I would like to see how far these people would have gotten on sweat alone.

im not even reading your fucking gay post OP. keep crying about shit. boo hoo. just fucking go out and try your best. I am "99%" too but instead of bitching like a faggot, I am working towards being 1%. now fuck off back to r9k

The girl in the OP is going to live a meaningless life, a horrible, pathetic, meaningless life. It because she doesn't have a concept of life, she just floats through life like a zombie. She goes to college not because she is aiming for a specific career, but because that's just "what you do" after highschool. So she gets some bullshit worthless degree, and then starts looking at possible careers, which if this girl wasn't a dumbass she would first pick a career and then a degree that suits it, not the other way around. She just doesn't think more than a year into the future at a time.

This girl is so stupid. She was getting gas for her car, long story short for some reason she thought that every car in the world had exactly the same size gas tank and that when you pay by card it always fills one tank worth. She would always get paper cash to go to the gas station "because my gas isn't totally empty I have to pay exact change". So stupid. That's just one example. She was blind to everything that wasn't happening directly in front of her, both methaphorically and literally. We would see a wild cat walking down the street or something, and I would say "did you see that?" and she would always say "see what?". Blind. And one boob was bigger than the other, talk about some fucked up genes. Fucking disgusting. And she had a blood/cutting fetish. Something was seriously wrong with her brain. If she realized all the ladders she has she wouldn't have a meaningless life. If she knew what she had she would know how to use it.

My ex drank my blood srs.

Did you fuark this girl? And why is she friends with you?

>tfw parents paid for college
>tfw getting 7 figure property inheritance

Why can't you be grateful for what you have and try to work it out
I agree, being born poor sucks but whining about rich privileged kids does not change that
I've stopped looking into lives of others, it's just not worth because you realise how fucking unfair life is
Best you can do is to isolate yourself from this information if it bothers you and concentrate on that end game
And trust me, if you put enough work, every once in a while when you glance at these people you will notice that you're getting closer

>uncle sets up brokerage account for her and GIVES her $1,000 worth of stocks

$1k isnt really that much

>tfw I earned a full ride and have once again found a way to feel superior to everyone else

Women are vapid cunts and OP is a whining loser. Man up you weak faggot

It's all about the mentality faggot. With this shit mindset you'll always will be a wageslave.

My sides. Retirement age will be 75 by then.

Right. What do they think is going to happen, the "rich kids" are going to hear their whining and they'll feel compelled to give away their money since the whiners "deserve it more"?

40% of Americans are in the global 1%. Harden the fuck up, work hard and smart, and your kids can have the comfortable upbringing you didn't.

>first world is top 1%
How can someone be this stupid?

Are spoiled rich kids the worst or spoiled poor kids who think with a rich kid's mentality even more horrible?

90% of STARTUPS fail because there is an inherent risk to founding a start-up and most people don't have the aptitude or understanding or risk to be taking in such an endeavor.

Take a look at success rate if businesses bought and sold through M&A firms, financed by banks, etc.

>fuck to Cuba or Thailand
Easily show how cheap purpose you have.

Your mindset is just like crack seller in Shitty south american country. You need to totally wash out the cheap vulgar mindset that you inevitably learned from your parents.

I know It's some abstract words to say, But please stay smart, educated intelligent person as you can. Even if you can't be able to go to university, Just learn other country's language or something invest on something you can be educated more.

It's a true warranty that nobody else can break up

>90% of STARTUPS fail because there is an inherent risk to founding a start-up
wrong

90% of STARTUPS fail because 85% of startups are flow-through entities and holding companies built as tax shelters and dissolved when they're done serving their purpose.

fuck her in the ass

This pic hit me hard OP.

There is hope.

Keep busting ass.

Forget about the stocks.

Worry less about the little shit and get your finances under control.

Earn the rich neet life.

U can do it.

I'm on my way already

Envy is a sin

> Grow up with alcholic mother
> Goes bathsit insane, tries ODing with meds when I was 14
> Move to orphanage (she's not dead though)
> Caretakers are assholes
> Fellow inmates/ruined kids are victims of sexual abuse, violence and two kids that were force-fed fucking sewing nails by their Munchausen crazy mom
> Hate my life
> Move out at 17
> Drop out of highschool when 18
> Smoke a gram of hashish in bong everyday
> Get shitty jobs
> Get a good apprenticeship
> Stick with it despite almost failing out 7 different times because of psycho mom, weed abuse or simple depression
> Work and earn 35 euros an hour on average now
> Own car
> Own apartment
> Soon buying a farm so I can live innawoodsy

Envy is a sin
You life is your own to live
Your path is your own to make
Wise choices + effort = success

OP, you should think positively see your golden opportunity to become a golddigger and try to get into her bed and ultimately in her bank account. Even if it lasts just a short time, try to take as much as you can.

>have rich parents
>still end up a failure

the state of me

this is kinda like me. hard to try to fit in though when you appear normal(at least I do) but you're pretty much on your own.

where are you from/where are you buying a farm/size/price? just curious, i'd like to do that one day soon

My collegues often come close to piercing my cloud of indifference to their bullshit regarding my own way of living my life, but the good thing about trades is that people don't really care what you do in private life as long as you pull your load on the workplace

Live in Scandinavia.

Gonna buy a farm and/or a couple of acres of freeland. Looking in the 30-60.000 Euros pricetag.

Got the looks for an almost 2-acre piece at about 28.000 Euros, 50 kilometers from my work.

The pride comes before the fall

My family was wealthy until about 6 years old when my parents got divorced and both of them lost their jobs.

I went from living in a nice home in a nice area to living in section 8 housing in less than 2 years.

The worst part growing up was still having all the wealthy friends and seeing them handed everything every step of life, while I always had to work for anything I wanted.

I'm better off than most of them now but still fuck that I would've rather been given everything.

NEET masterrace reporting in.

>mfw I get to retire at 19 when wagecucks literally work 45 years to become what I am

I too live the bastard life my friends.
I'm so close to my first house now, it's great to be the role model you've never had

>tfw my biggest regret in my life is not becoming a disabled NEET

>wage slaving away
>shitty job that i dont like
>parents have a decent property portfolio
>will inherit a house or two when they die
>who fucking gives a shit if i wasting away the best years of my life from 20 to 35 in some fucking cubicle grinding my fingera down and buring my eyeballs out
>when im 50 and shitty ill never have to work
YAY

Mean while my brother is mostly neet/student and gets gov money for being asspie. I should be embellish my depression and autistic abilities fuck work

As a clinicallydepressed cripple with ano actual job I'll say careful what u wish for. Even step is pain...

>"retire"
Lol.
I love this board.

>Trying to get job
>Mom is single parent
>She refuses to work
>She refuses to get a degree
>She wants to open a convenience store
>Wants to be a house wife
>Refuses to actively search for someone else to support us
>Keeps buying into magic and religious bullshit, spending any savings we have on candles
>Wants money from me per week if I start working to buy her dumb religious shit because it will "help" us
>Wants to send some of what I earn to my useless brother that got his stupid ass deported
>Thinks I'm crazy
This idiot made me sit in a bathtub of lemons and herbs that she paid $100 for because it was for good luck.

shut the fuck

not being born rich = death

exceptions:

1) lucking out with a retarded app that goes viral
2) becoming famous and rich doing your hobby like playing videogames on your underwear

thats all. anything that doesnt make you money in an easy way its death

how are you supposed to get rich if you dont take big risks (stocks, bitcoin whatever)

wageing = NEET when you are old as fuck

>anything that doesnt make you money in an easy way its death
This is why you'll always be poor.

Hey, maybe your life will improve if you just complain a little more on a Mongolian yak herding forum!

Dude, she was marinating you in preparation for cannibalism. You're lucky you escaped with your life.

just know this, being born rich is no guarantee for happiness

>Know kind middle aged couple in town
>They win $300,000,000 in the lottery
>Continue living my life

Oh fuck off with this shit.

>You deserve to be a peasant because you weren't born nobility, duh! IF you don't understand how to change it, it's really your fault.

I agree that people should work with the hand they're dealt, and that defeatism is the key to never making it, but this "you deserve the circumstances of your birth" is the horseshit the kids of Chinese gov't officials at my college spout.

>Come from middle class family
>Make a point of studying my ass off, taking every advantage that my middle class life offers to me to advance myself
>Other middle class people around me don't, instead spend their time doing drugs and watching TV, or neglect their studies for a shitty job so they can spend all their money on a car and gas
>Whenever I go back to my home town, those middle class people act all standoffish and talk shit about how "privileged" I am and how "I don't know what it's like" because I'm "just a lazy rich kid"

You literally can't be poor in the developed world. Even with a minimum wage job you should be able to make a grand or so every month. There's no reason you can't, for example, take out a loan for dental school and just study 4 years so you can enjoy that 100k+/year paycheck.

Poor people always remind of those people who die in TV survival shows. The one's who freak out and run around spending calories looking for food and shit, but instead, they just spend their money on stupid shit so they can keep up with their 'impoverished' lifestyle. Just fucking hunker down for a year, save your money, and figure out a plan. It's not that hard. You're (presumably) living in the first world, life isn't a constant struggle to find food to eat or a place to stay..

If you don't take responsibility for the circumstances of your birth, literally no one else will.

You are very unlikely to get rich in any reasonable way by hard work alone.

Getting a degree is 5+ years here in Europe, and that won't guarantee you a job. Once you are employed, you will not make more than 30k€ a year after taxes, and that involves heavy wagecuckery.

Running a profitable business involves pretty shady stuff which noone talks about (tax evasion, bribery, intimidation, industrial espionage). I know several entrepreneurs who got killed because they messed in the wrong industry.

Life is not a fucking fairytale, and there's a reason for the median salary being so low.

I find it hard not to be prejudiced against rich kids.

I'm sure the rates of assholes and decent people are around the same as you'd find in working class people. I just find myself resenting people who "start out on third base".

>global 1%.
>He has to throw us in with India and shit to create the illusion of privilege
Gee mom yea I know starving kids in Africa dont get nice food to eat

My parents were only middle/upper middle class and saved up for my college and covered additional expenses

I think it's more like you're in the lower 60% of the population

AHAHAAAAA.... WEWLAD.

Pack your shit and run...

Difference is, rich kids will never appreciate being rich.
Just like you don't appreciate clean water, food and shelter, while billions of others envy you for that.
Rich kids will always have to fill a void because they are constantly told how lucky they are and how they have everything yet it's just normal to them.

Atleast you can EARN the money and feel the everlasting satisfaction of being rich and being able to be grateful for every bit of it.

a bit crazy but
>>she only wants to talk about the environment, thinks growing her own food will help the environment more than starting a solar panel company (she's one of THOSE people)

yea, nah you're one of THOSE people who think solar is THE way to go when its not.

we need a balance between solar and nuclear.

Teslas solar roof tiles sound great until you realize they are 30x more harmful to the environment during production than standard roof tiles.

And only last 10 years compared to 30 years.

So in 3 decades you will need 3 replacements, making shit cheaper for you, but worse off for the world in general.

solar panels are not sustainable, but growing crops of food is.

you can frig right off ricky.

>Why can't rich kids be thankful for the ladder they've been given?
Because she was always given fish, she was never taught how to fish.

also
>fucking around with stocks when the family is literally giving you shares and free money
Shes 100% right here, why fuck with the stress of day trading if you dont need to worry about it?

Fucking this.

No one became successful by doubting themselves and constantly complaining about everything.

Pretty simple if you learn to mitigate risk and have some initiative. Easiest and fastest way is to try and fail till u have successful biz. Take funds from it and invest in real estate.

I'm buying my 4th house wagecucking.

It's all about leveraging your shit appropriatly. I spend 6 months finding what I consider good deals in real estate. Then every 6 months I borrow against all my houses to have down payment for another. Assuming I don't fuck up in a bad way I will retire in 2 years. I'm going pretty aggressive and fixing up shithole for higher rents with wagecuck bux.

It's really not hard if u study and learn the basics.

5 years ago I had 50k in credit card debt. Then I learned to fix my credit and busted ass paying shit off. Now my loan payments are half what they were.

>why fuck with the stress of day trading if you dont need to worry about it?

I enjoy it, it's exciting. It would be even better without the worry of using my own hard earned money.

>not finding cheap recipies like something with rice and beans which is cheap as fuck
>not changing the place you rent to be cheaper
>validates his shitty life choices with "other expenses"
Sounds like you need less complaining and memes and more actual advice and a real parental figure
Too bad you won't get it on Veeky Forums.

>85%
>[citation needed]

>Take a look at success rate if businesses bought and sold through M&A firms, financed by banks, etc.

That is like saying take a look at the success rate of the successful ones.

>deported

You should take your money and move back to mexico.

>7 figure property inheritance

I'm in the same boat, but hardly confident that it will go untouched. Our boomer parents are going to live a long time and will desire a long and luxurious retirement. Over that period there will be remortgages and abuses of the vast sums of credit available to them.

I tend to agree with people in this thread. I grew up in the upper middle class and went to a private school. Up until now these people are supremely confident that their abilities have given them their current position in the social hierarchy. Still, strivers are even worse offenders if they manage to move up the rung.

Having a college degree, no denbts and a car puts you ahead of the game already in most cases

Fucking coper faggot. Everyone I know that got rich got rich doing some ridiculous like playing videogames or doing a lame ass app that went viral (think snapchat musically or any other simple ass normie app)

Hard work is a SCAM. Normies = money. Normies = too dumb to value hard work and talent.

It's all about doing the right thing at the right moment + meme magic.

>implying you aren't still a wagecuck
>implying going to school guarantees you a job
>implying you aren't still a cuck even if you have a job
mong

>born in the 99%
>live in socialistland
>free BSc
>free MSc
>getting paid a salary to do my phd
>going to graduate debt-free, maybe even with some savings
>plan to start a business, my country's government is very generous with startup grants for businesses in the tech sector

heh socialism sucks amirite

My parents net worth is probably going to be in the millions when they die, but I'm only 22 years younger than them and a child of 4, so I probably won't get anything until 50-60+ years old. By then, ill have much more than that probably.

But you will never be rich
So its better to be born rich, you will enjoy it a lot specially when you are growing up because as a kid and teen you dont give a fuck about any philosophical bullshit, you will be too busy fucking models with your dad oligarch money while you enjoy your poovery hustle while fapping on your moms basement

youtube.com/watch?v=d5UUW-Z2-wU

life is a scam if you arent a prettyboy oligarch

Yeah because you can afford trying and failing several times as a lower class wagecuck

>40% of Americans are in the global 1%
That's bullshit along with being part of the dumbest meme ever made.
>never complain because starving Africans
40% of Americans is about 2% of the total world population and far less is the top 1% of the world population.
And whenever you try to help poor niggers all it does is help them to make more poor niggers.

Although suffering in the west is caused more by culture than economics.

How it would be exciting if its not your own money

you'll be old and bald so who cares

>Everyone I know that got rich
Lol. You don't know anyone who got rich.
Stop making up lies. That's not going to make you rich either.

WHOA I'm seeing some major problems with your post. I should have said "she thinks trucking in bags of soil, importing seeds and fertilizer will help the environment." Which it won't, you benefit much more from an economy of scale if you simply buy from local farmers. But that's not nearly as complicated or brag-worthy. And besides, one person having a marginally smaller impact on the environment is not going to do anyone else any good. She falls into the cult of environmentalism that thinks we can save the rainforest by adjusting the settings on your heater. Small behavioral changes, turning off the lights when you leave a room, those things are not going to save the world, the only think that will is a complete and total shift in our economy. You should focus more on transitioning to a sustainable economy.

And I should have said "she thinks starting a solar company is net bad for the environment". She bashed the idea of using gasoline and coal in order to build and maintain large solar farms. She talked about all the "wasted" resources and rare earth minerals to build solar panels. And it's like hello?! What else would you use our resources for.

I didn't say anything about Tesla, and I didn't imply that solar was the only way. I think having thousands of solar farms split up on people's roof tops is a retarded idea. Just have one, large, efficient solar farm. It is so convoluted, no doubt about that.
Yes, as it stands now nuclear is more efficient than solar, and is by far the most environmentally friendly way of generating energy. But over the next 10-20 years we will see solar technology starting to become more efficient than coal, so we really need all of the above in order to transition to the new economy.

>1k isnt really that much

No, but it is a rung in a ladder. It's a nudge nudge here you fucking go on a silver plate, when ever you want to invest your savings account money you don't have to research investing, brokers, bonds, seek financial advice, because look at that it's all ready set up for you. This girl would have NEVER in a million years opened up an account and threw money in, she would have never even thought that investing is the right thing to do and would have been perfectly fine with 2% of her money evaporating every year to inflation. All she needs to do is take her savings and buy more of whatever stock or index her millionaire uncle bought for her. But she is so fucking stupid she hasn't done that yet. She is so fucking stupid but she acts like she is so holier than thou for saving money. She thinks she's such a fucking genius but shows zero interest in earning passive income and would rather slave away at whatever shitty job she can get with her enviromental women studies "degree".

How the fuck are you going to become rich without lucking out if you have no money to start with ? You need money to make money, you retarded mongrel.

>>forced to take out massive debt to fund schooling
I might be from a poorfag family but I wasn't stupid enough to do this LMAO

>anything that doesnt make you money in an easy way its death
Try reading it again, you illiterate.

>tfw no poor miserable envious user to hug

toronto?

You most really like this girl OP

Actually I'm middle-high class 3rd world scum studying for free in Germany lmoa

>be me
>NEET it up until 24
>go to community college
>finish my GE and Math courses up to Differential Equations
>try to become a CompE
>transfer to CPP
>can't do the first semester
>decide to change major to Accounting
>only need four classes to be where I would have been if I had transferred as an accountant
>will do it the new semester and summer
>28 years old
>zero debt so far
>getting my tuition paid and getting 2K in extra FAFSA money
>only worked as a dish washer and a McDonalds employee
>live with my parents who are the 99%

Hopefully I can get a bachelor's degree without debt.

>waahh whahhh

shut the fuck up and realise I'm about to give you the best fucking advice ever for free because why the fuck not.

I literally don't give a shit about your life. I could care less if you died.

Think about that and let it soak in. I guarantee if you understand what I just said you will never be poor.

Even as a rich guy this is a hard truth for me, that empathy in society is dead

Food for thought that really makes you think

>coping because most people getting rich are normies without college degrees/nerds that luck out with a dumb app

>you will never be poor.
But you are poor
>inb4 you think you think you arent with your wagecuckie job

>coping like your life depends on it, because you're poor and bitter.
Probably forever.
Stay mad.

>most people getting rich are normies without college degrees/nerds that luck out with a dumb app
most people getting rich have college degrees.
most people getting rich aren't nerds making apps
most people getting rich are older than you
most people getting rich own a home
most people getting rich are married
most people getting rich own a business
most people getting rich sell services
most people getting rich employ others

the demographics of who's getting rich are easy to google, you'd think someone on Veeky Forums would do it.

>tfw convinced my family was poor for years
>when my dad retired I started counting every penny
>turns out, we're not poor but middle class
>it's just that my parents sent me to a private high school and I was on the poorer side. My world view was skewed because of that
>tfw still count every penny

>parents finance both of my siblings entire college education and vehicles for each of them
>gave me nothing because they "already wasted too much money raising me"
>both of my siblings are making great money and starting families while I have been working at wal-mart and had to move back into my parents basement since I got my hours cut down
I hate this world

> gov pays college
> cs bullshit
> govy no longer pays college
> run on credit cards
> claim bankruptcy
> still have car
> still have personal loans in BTC

It's like you're not even trying OP.

please be bait nobody is this retarded... right?

>it's my parent's fault

Where's the advice?
srs question

Stop thinking about what other people think.

You can freely shit in the office kitchen if that's what you want.