Prohibitively expensive and already sold out

>prohibitively expensive and already sold out
>tiny production numbers means none of us will ever see one
>doesn't really offer anything that the McLaren 675LT doesn't already for a lower price
>overboosted V6 from an F-150 instead of a bespoke engine
>won't set any records since the Viper ACR, BAC Mono, and 918 exist
>Ford won't even reveal specs or let publications touch it

Why are we excited for this car again?

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/SqoGf2C
imgur.com/7MwApa6
imgur.com/A04rbut
youtube.com/watch?v=4uv_3E31fB8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

this isnt some hivemind and you dont have to be excited for anything you autistic dick knuckle

It's just a big expensive advertisement for Ecoboost. I don't think anybody in the real world really gives a fuck.

>prohibitively expensive and already sold out
Not Ford's fault you're poor.
>tiny production numbers means none of us will ever see one
It's a unique supercar. Who cares.
>doesn't really offer anything that the McLaren 675LT doesn't already for a lower price
[citation needed]
>overboosted V6 from an F-150 instead of a bespoke engine
It uses a truck engine just like the last gen. Kill yourself.
>won't set any records since the Viper ACR, BAC Mono, and 918 exist
[citation needed]
>Ford won't even reveal specs or let publications touch it
They don't have to. It will be tested by Motortrend and other magazines soon enough. Keep crying, bitch

Can GM compete? (no)

gm fangirls btfo yet again

but I have seen one in person, they had one on display at the petit le mans.

How big is it? I heard that if you have two people in it, your shoulders will be touching because it's so small.

GM is too busy making money off of Faux Rednecks with dem ditymaxes and ripping off geezers who want corvettes because "Muh Heritage' and in 1966 they bought a new one after cashiering all summer long.

Car companies exist to profit. Halo vehicles are not a necessity.

"Even competing" doesn't matter as far as performance goes. Near zero people race cars. Let that sink in. Of the people who drive and enjoy automobiles a less than microscopic number street race and even smaller number do track days. It's as irrelevant to life as Gnome vs KDE vs i3/

I'm in the real world and I can confirm I do not give a fuck about this car.

none of that matters as its a homologation special
do you know what that means, gmfangirl? probably not... seeing as gm has never competed in real motorsports

And yet the argument goes on, because just like /g/, this board is a cesspool of social rejects and abject failures with little better to do than unsheath their keyboards and go to war for their chosen brand.

Corvette Racing has been at Le Mans and the ALMS (in the exact same class the GT is competing in) every year since 1999. If GM has never been to real motorsports, the GT hasn't either.

You can say a lot of things about their antics there but to say they weren't even there is so ludicrous it can't even be demeaned as bait. If stupid was a shotgun you'd be a 2 gauge.

Its one of dem "sense" making queers. we don't get too many of you around these bars.

>class "wins"
lol

Except gm is objectively shit. Don't be mad the majority of Veeky Forums hates their garbage

Corvette in gtlm doesn't even share same engine as the production version
The gt does
Ford has won le mans gm hasn't
Deal with it

>chebby
>0 overall lemans wins
>0 f1 wins
>0 wrc wins

lol

FERD GTV6
E
R
D
G
T
V

lmfao, gm btfo yet again

Here we see people who are arguing against points I never made. Stay classy.

You can argue about the quality of their stay but it is indisputable that they were there and these three know it.

>Overall Le Mans wins: 0
Ah, friend, this is a dishonest use of statistics. Sure, Ford has a few of those under their belt, but that was at a time where GT cars ruled the roost, when such a design could work: That, of course, is no detriment to Ford's successes, but you can't dodge the point that by the time the Corvette entered the scene, that time was over. 1999 was the end of the GT class' hopes for an overall win- indeed, by then, the leading GT cars were little more than closed-top LMPs and/or bad attempts at flying cars anyway.

The new GT will never win Le Mans outright. The environment simply isn't there for it to be. P1s will dominate the leaderboard until they are shitcanned or something even crazier comes along- and so, when comparing GT class competitors, overall wins are absolutely useless.

As for F1 and WRC, GM never competed in those. Try Indy and NASCAR.

>from an F-150 instead of a bespoke engine
niceme.me

So you admit gm hasn't won le mans?

Gltm isn't shit by itself and that's all gm has
Ford has competed in top class of le mans And dominates, wrc, virtually every touring car series across the world...

Again, gt is holomogation and the corvette doesn't even share engine with production model...
Gm can't hold a candle to ford in any kind of racing

yes, i do

btfo, gm won't recover

Of course. I'm a man of facts, and those are the facts.

GM has never won Le Mans. But the Corvette CX.R wasn't, isn't, and never will be the machine to do that. Asking a GT car to win outright today is asking a fish to climb a tree.

>Not Ford's fault you're poor.
It's their fault it's more than twice as expensive as the last one.
>It's a unique supercar. Who cares.
People who want to drive one
>[citation needed]
It's clearly slow, otherwise ford would state figures.
>It uses a truck engine just like the last gen. Kill yourself.
Last gen was an FPV engine, all aluminium when the truck modulars were still iron block.
>[citation needed]
It's clearly underpowered and overweight, otherwise ford would state both.
>They don't have to.
Legally and for insurance purposes, they do.
>It will be tested by Motortrend and other magazines soon enough. Keep crying, bitch
[citation needed]

Doesn't Opel have a WRC win? When did GM buy them out

so you admit gm can't compete?

>overall lemans wins
LMPs have no bearing whatsosever at all on any road car or even any other race car.
>f1 wins
Nobody gives a shit about modern f1
>wrc wins
Nobody gives a shit about modern wrc

Even when people gave a shit, still 0 wins

That's because F1 and Group B both had shortly lived insane years where GM/Ford/Dodge might have entered if they continued for longer.

Good WRC years, the only US competitor was ford and that wasn't even really US ford considering it was a focus.

How about modern interesting shit, like trophy trucks and V8 supercars

1982, with the Ascona. Huh.

Opel has been held since 1929.

By what metric? Corvette Racing has been incredibly competitive in the GT class for it's tenure, taking 8 class wins at Le Mans and giving even Aston Martin a run for their money. The GT gives some new competition, but it's too early to say whether the C7.R really can't keep up at all. They crashed out, after all.

>It's their fault it's more than twice as expensive as the last one
Because it's better than the last one and is made of carbon fiber?
>People who want to drive one
People want to drive Koenigsegg's and Veyron's. Too bad. Keep crying, bitch.
>it's clearly slow
[citation needed]
>Last gen was an FPV engine, all aluminium when the truck modulars were still iron block
In other words a truck engine, lol.
>It's clearly underpowered and overweight
[citation needed]
>Legally and for insurance purposes, they do
k
>[citation needed]
Common sense. It will be tested just like every other ford performance car. You sure are stupid.

>damage control
the post

Why hasn't gm won recently then? lol, loving this damage control
>admits gm hasn't won le mans

>so you admit gm can't compete?
Again, by what metric and against who?

who are you quoting?

Just so we're clear you know who alphonse is right?

Because nobody gives a shit about F1 and WRC, as we've established faggot.

>Because it's better than the last one and is made of carbon fiber?
No V8 with supercharger whine, not better.
>People want to drive Koenigsegg's and Veyron's. Too bad. Keep crying, bitch.
They're not Fords.
>[citation needed]
You cite the power and weight figures, nigger.
>In other words a truck engine, lol.
Sure thing faggot, by your definition half the engines on the planet are probably truck engines.
V8 used in the M3 is mostly the same as the one used in the X5, guess M3s run truck engines
>Common sense. It will be tested just like every other ford performance car. You sure are stupid.
Every other ford performance car isn't sold in ridiculously limited numbers for retarded amounts.

>nobody gives a shit about f1 and wrc
Lmao yoire joking right? F1 s still the most watched motorsports globally always has even always will be

>nobody cares about f1 and wrc
No, you don't care. lots of people do. nice damage control
>No V8 with supercharger whine, not better
function>form
kys
>They're not Fords
Then why are you complaining?
>You cite the power and weight figures, nigger.
spoon feed me: the post
>Sure thing faggot, by your definition half the engines on the planet are probably truck engines.
Not an argument. The 05' GT literally uses a truck engine.
>V8 used in the M3 is mostly the same as the one used in the X5, guess M3s run truck engines
An X5 isn't a truck dumbass. How stupid are you?
>Every other ford performance car isn't sold in ridiculously limited numbers for retarded amounts
Still doesn't negate the fact that it will be tested.

Heard the name. Is he behind all this retardation?

That would be this guy.

gm still can't compete with ford

lol

Give Ford time to prove that. Turnarounds can happen- nobody expected Ford to beat Ferrari way back when either.

Alphonse is a literal retard who does nothing but shitpost on Veeky Forums all day.

He's like dead only not entertaining

>People who want to drive one
That's a plus, people love exclusivity

>class "wins"
>egg and spoon races

imgur.com/SqoGf2C
imgur.com/7MwApa6
imgur.com/A04rbut

These are the pics i took with a mustang and focus in the shot for size comparison. I'd say the GT seems to be roughly the same width as either other car. The photos are too large for me to just post here normally.

>Is he behind all this retardation?

Yes, so.. don't reply unless you're enjoying yourself of course. there was one guy who had a snapshot of the common alphonse quotes that are easily spotted so you know who you are dealing with from the get-go.

>he doesn't impersonate alphonse
lmao do you even funpost bro?

gm btfo

>Make a limited number
>Overprice it
>>Barely 600hp
>v6 turbo
its the XJ220 all over again

The average joe will be much happier with a run of the mill vettemarostang

Supercars in limited numbers like this are for collectors and poser faggots with too much money.

It will be underwhelming like the old 2000's GT

They should have made the GT90 at least that was fucking interesting and had a goddamn v8 unlike this pos

>alphonse in 3... 2.. 1...

Damn country girls always look so great from far away then you look closely...

It's like a cheerleader effect of its own.

>make it a limited number
Just like the last one.
>overprice it
Not really. It's almost entirely of carbon fiber.
>V6 turbo
Lighter with the same power as a V8.
>xj220
The fastest car in the world for almost 2 years?

in summary: people who talk shit about this car are bitter poorfags who keep rambling on about muh v8

The GT90 had a quad turbo v12

is he some sort of ford shill?

I love the Orginal GT40 and 00's GT but this thing is completely pointless and generic

Its just a wank platform to piss and moan about their "NEW ECOBOOST V6 WOW TURBOS ARE SO NEW" oh shit its not like every other carmaker in the last 50 years hasnt been dicking around with turbos.

If it has the hybrid meme crap that isnt KERS based it will suck a fuck
>Not really. It's almost entirely of carbon fiber.
oh wow Ferrari called from 30 years ago they want their F40 back
>Lighter with the same power as a V8.
Not lighter than a LS

Only because ford cant into packaging and light engines their flagship supercar suffers

Who gives a fuck about weight when it has a meme Hybrid system anyway

Muh brain my bad i was only literally looking at that engine the other day fucking bonerific

youtube.com/watch?v=4uv_3E31fB8

Honestly if i was a richfag i'd just get a McLaren

FGT's are for tossers and rich sandniggers

V6>V8

The GT isn't a hybrid, just a carbon fiber super car with a 600hp+ twin turbo v6 so it shouldn't be that heavy

>FGT's are for tossers and rich sandniggers

That's every super car ever made since they're really the only ones that can afford them

>oh wow Ferrari called from 30 years ago they want their F40 back
Are you actually brain dead? You claimed it was overpriced. I proved you wrong. Holy shit, learn to read.
>not lighter than an ls
[citation needed]
The engine specs aren't out
this

It was meant to be a hybrid, which would've made the That's every super car ever made since they're really the only ones that can afford them
Except for how the last GT, you know, the real one, sold for $150k and was affordable by any normal person who works hard and already owns a home.

This pathetic 2WD GTR is in sandnigger only money for no reason.

And no, 'hurr carbon' isn't a reason. The 4C doesn't cost 600 billion dollars.

I bet you get hard watching your wife get ploughed by literally anybody with a quarter.

yeah nah get fucked

v6 will always be inferior thats why they need massive fuckoff twin turbos to make up for it

You cant even explain why they are better

>Unbalanced as fuck
>Not much shorter than a V8 and you almost always have to use forced induction to make up for the lack of power thereby making it weigh only slightly less than the V8 and just as hard to package and more complicated

ok explain in detail why V6 is better ill wait
600hp+ really isnt that much these days though

suprised it isnt a hybrid meme though

i just think its shit to stick anything with less than 8-12 cylinders in a supercar

Whats next i4, v4, i5 and fucking whackadoo engine configurations?

it will be like the 4C then

>oooh its got a carbon fiber chassis but weigh's more than the equivalent Alum/Steel mix because muh shit design

Anyway to be perfectly honest i dunno why we are all bench arguing over a car none of us will probably ever see in the flesh let alone drive outside of simulators

lot of gm representatives itt

>refuse to state how heavy it is
Just like how ford refused to reveal the specs of the GT350? Oh, wait. No they didn't. They just waited until they deemed it fit to reveal the specs. You are a completely and utter imbecile.

>the real one
>real
The GT is supposed to beat Ferrari at Lemans. The 05' GT didn't do that. So no. It isn't the real one. It's a baby boomer special.

>gm shills are stupid
We all know this. They are braindead fucks.

what metal is the chassis of the 2017 ford gt made ?

>v6 will always be inferior thats why they need massive fuckoff twin turbos to make up for it
Doesn't seem as though you're taking into account the V8s from McLaren and Ferrari it belted around LeMans... THAT ALSO REQUIRED FUCK OFF TWIN TURBOS
>Unbalanced as fuck
It's not 1967 any more, they're not.
>Not much shorter than a V8
They're a good 20% shorter.
>and you almost always have to use forced induction to make up for the lack of power
No shit a typically smaller engine requires forced induction to make comparable power.
>thereby making it weigh only slightly less than the V8 and just as hard to package and more complicated
Only partly true. Slightly lighter, but easier to package as you don't have to conform to the fixed configuration of an engine block. Turbos fit where ever you need them to.

Bump for more GM fangirl and i6 faggot fanboy anus annihilation

kek, they ragequit

They ran out of arguments other then "mah bang 4 buck" and "mah theoretical injun ballance" kek
At least they have egg and spoon races though right?

you can see from the interior pics the seats are closer to the center of the car and there's a larger space between the seats and the doors. most lotuses are like this too

dat lateral weight distribution

>prohibitively expensive
>tiny production numbers
As opposed to the other prohibitively expensive supercars with tiny production numbers?

>overboosted V6 from an F-150
This is ridiculously dismissive of a V6 that's tuned right, and entirely ignorant of the concept of tuning in general, but then again this sort of autistic cherry-picking is to be expected from someone who would mention--
>instead of a bespoke engine
Perhaps I haven't been here long enough, but as far as I recall, I've never heard of ANYONE passing up on a supercar because "the engine wasn't in something else I liked".

>won't set any records
>Ford won't even reveal specs
So you can benchrace it against [MUH FAVORITE SUPERCAR]?

Jesus Christ. You likely won't even lay eyes on it in your lifetime. Let it go.

What is a 'halo car', OP?
Are you buttmad you can't afford one?

An argument doesn't comprise of repeating the exact same thing to someone too stupid and too stubborn to grasp it. Generally there's a back and forth that you have so far been completely incapable of sustaining. Proclaiming victory only shows how little you grasp reality.

I asked you a question: in what way is GM supposedly unable to compete? And I still haven't gotten an answer. I was under the assumption that your (likely drastically undersized and/or retarded) brain was still processing that and let it be.

Looks like I was wrong to assume that you could be any smarter than your pet rock. That's Veeky Forums these days, I guess.