How will Mazda improve the rotary for this car?

How will Mazda improve the rotary for this car?

Other urls found in this thread:

insidemazda.mazdausa.com/mazda-news/mazda-new-sports-car-concept/
autonews.com/article/20161205/OEM08/312059978/mazda-s-kogai-new-product-pricing-drive-move-upmarket
youtube.com/watch?v=33ZXiAxMMP0
roadandtrack.com/new-cars/future-cars/news/a31802/mazda-ceo-kills-hope-new-rx-9/?
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It will never get made.

why would they improve it? they got their rolling concept car, thats all they wanted. theyve already said theyre not making a rotary sports car.

insidemazda.mazdausa.com/mazda-news/mazda-new-sports-car-concept/

they already said they arent making it

There's no fucking way in hell they'd ever get away with V8 fuel mileage from a 1.3l engine. It would never pass emission standards even with the fanciest hybrid technology.

>they already said they arent making it

no this was just one over enthusiastic magazine misinterpreting what someone at Mazda said

Nobody knows because they're illusive as fuck about development, but they definitely have people working on it.

The only clue so far is they've flipped the engine upside down like madmen from recent patents made available.

They're filing patents for a new rotary engine. They have something up their sleeve.

It took them 30 years to achieve V8 fuel economy and Busa engine torque from a tiny unreliable engine. Don't hold your breath if they're only at the patent stage.

what part about 'no' was misinterpreted? do you have a source?

The source is the original article itself.

autonews.com/article/20161205/OEM08/312059978/mazda-s-kogai-new-product-pricing-drive-move-upmarket

>No plans for a larger sports car entry with a range extender?
>no

People made a bunch of click bait articles based on this question. All he meant was that there is no hybrid sports car in the works.

>Could Mazda ever create an RX-8 sports car successor with a range extender?

>I think that as a sports car option, the MX-5 1.5-liter or 2.0-liter conventional engine, with its power and acceleration, might be a more exhilarating experience.

>Could Mazda ever create an RX-8 sports car successor with a range extender?

I think that as a sports car option, the MX-5 1.5-liter or 2.0-liter conventional engine, with its power and acceleration, might be a more exhilarating experience.
isn't this also proof they aren't making a rotary sports car?

>take 13b
>silicon carbide apex seals
>???
>profit

>scored as fuck rotor housings because diamond hard apex seals

Theyve released a concept at tokyo auto show, filed patents and have a massive team of engineers on the hush...
Just because a noname clickbait site takes an interview out of context doesnt mean anything

v8 fuel economy and busa torque? a rotary is making waay more than 75lb-ft at 3000rpm// its not like torque matetrs anyway
stop posting kid you are a joke

do you have a source for the massive team of engineers on the hush? i dont care about any concepts at the tokyo auto show, Veeky Forums was saying RX vision would make it to production for months, so theres no way im believing you now.

concepts mean nothing

patents mean nothing

you can stay hopeful if you want but whatever

>its not like torque matetrs anyway
>stop posting kid you are a joke
rotary retards everybody
then again what do you expect from mazda fans, who love to eat shit, especially after they basically said 'miata is more fun than rotary okay?'

>my unfounded opinions mean more than mazda
okay then. believe what you want contrarian hipster faggot :^)

mazda saying they are building the car means nothing? roflmao, okay, another contrarian hipster faggot
your conjecture means nothing :^)

>this btfo
yeah bro torque is so important thats why f1 cars have the same engines as tractor pullers
fucking idiot

u wot m8
steel pistons in aluminium blocks are a thing too

>its not like torque matetrs anyway

It does when it has to drag around 3500lbs of Mazda shit. Mazda engineering everybody.

he's just trying to convince people to buy more mx-5

it may potentially hurt mx-5 sales if people knew an rx-9 was coming. I certainly wouldn't buy an mx-5 if this was the case.

partnership with GE
making engine (and apex seals) from exotic metal(ceramic)-matrix composites
plasma ignition
13 Krpm

>guys the good ol' murican v8 motor is best engine in the world
>guys rotaries are shit because shit mpg
>guys rotaries don't even have torks
>but fuck diesels also

so now youre literally just damage controlling and shitposting

them saying they ARENT building it means something

>he has to resort to shitposting because he got BTFO this hard

This car is not being built with a rotary engine as it's primary source of power. Whether that means the car itself is scrapped I don't know. Heavy research however is being put into using a rotary engine as a hybrid range extender. They have done so with Mazda 2 and a 30hp rotary and got pretty good results.

they are building it
no where have they said they arent
every signs point to production late this decade
get teh fuck out contrarian shitposter

>This car is not being built with a rotary engine as it's primary source of power
nice conjecture
you stop posting also

youtube.com/watch?v=33ZXiAxMMP0

They said they aren't building a hybrid rotary and they like the miata.

>OMG THEY SAID THEY AREN'T BUILDING IT!!! CONFIRMED!!

ok dude

>rotary has won le mans
>MUH TORKZ small block chebby nas vnever won le mans
lmao

man rotaryfags are worse than musclefags when it comes to shitposting

btfo musclefag detected

>racing engines are identical to street engines
>race wins are relevant for street use

roadandtrack.com/new-cars/future-cars/news/a31802/mazda-ceo-kills-hope-new-rx-9/?

Inb4 >conjecture

>"In an interview with Automotive News"
>falling for click bait

We covered this like 10 posts ago.

Nice conjecture

>clickbait authors clickbaiting other clickbait
LMAO auto journalism is desperate as fuck

Nice conjecture

muh torkz ferd engine has though. 4 times without 400 lb artificial weight advantage given by racing officials. not any of them.

>so btfo he is literally brain dead copycatting me
LMAO

mazda won in an era of relevance, next!

Nice conjecture

>I decide which time periods are relevant in motorsports

The original GT40 wins were arguably more relevant.

>The original GT40 wins were arguably more relevant.
nope. the mazda was racing in an era where compeition was faster... therefore the gt40 is slow outdated shit

also rotary won so hard it was banned forever
lmaooo stay btfo chebby faggot

No you see that's just conjecture and he won't accept it

In the 60s you could actually buy homologated road-going versions of the race cars. You couldn't even buy a road-going 26B, let alone a 787B.

The 787B is utterly irrelevant to street cars.

Nice strawman

>the mazda was racing in an era where compeition was faster... therefore the gt40 is slow outdated shit

If you're going by which is faster there's a prototype powered by another series of muh torkz ferd engine that produced faster qualifying/lap times than the 787B.

Why the fuck do you autists need to bring up racing in every fucking street car thread? You people need to be sterilized ffs.

See kids, this is what video games do to your brain...

>Ford was only successful because they threw in a massive amount of resources and had more cars on the field than any other team
>Mazda was only successful for ONE race after many and only because all the other cars broke down

They both sucked to be honest

Admitly i participated in the racing shitposting and agree.

>>Ford was only successful because they threw in a massive amount of resources

True although i kinda thought that was what Le Mans was all about. one of the reasons VAG was so successful in prototype endurance not only at Le Mans but across all tracks that hosted such races was because of the massive amount of money they have at their disposal compared to other manufacturers. i heard Le Mans races started out as rich people who just wanted to go fast. Ford tried to buy Ferrari, was rejected and got revenge with their wallet. i think that entire story perfectly captures the spirit of Le Mans.