Who buys Acuras?

Other urls found in this thread:

thetruthaboutcars.com/2016/12/cr-owner-satisfaction-2016/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Asians.

People who like premium Hondas

ahaha just buy the same car for less money you cucks

But muh luxury

What if I want an Accord with AWD? Huh faggot? What then?

How many Honda's have 270 hp go and AWD?

TLX
RLX
MDX
RDX

This guy

People who want a nicely optioned car thats semi-luxury but dont want sky high luxury bills and lack of reliability-but dont want to pay Lexus premiums

MFW I own a lexus.
Almost bought an acura though, but their new auto trannies are pretty unreliable.

The 8 speed? Isn't it a DCT?

The zf 9 speed, same one used by Chrysler i believe

Yeah but the ZF design is damn good, you can blame the Chrysler tranny issues on FCA, Acura did all the programming and fine tweaking to there's

Even with all the tweaking, people are having nothing but issues with the 9 speed DCT on the TLX

Well fuck it, get the 6 speed then

Yeah, it's a DCT, but I believe the newer ones (2016/2017) changed something else, which I can't remember, and Consumer Reports said it greatly affected their reliability. I believe most new Hondas and Acuras suffer from some tranny issues (auto only).

Why would anyone want one?

Name an Acura and I'll name a comparable Lexus or Infiniti that is better in every way. Design and aesthetics being the lowhanging fruit.

Honda is lazy. Theyre not doing much to fortify Acura as a lifestyle brand, like Toyota and Nissan do; therefore you still get the majority opinion being that there "premium Hondas." Toyota doesn't have this problem. Nobody drives an LFA and thinks "its just a premium GT86." Then to top it off, they're downright negligent. They generated so much hype for the "new" NSX and then under delivered.... Again, the LFA took a long time to develop too, but delivered on completely emotional aspects (the engine sound, the interior bits, the actual driving dynamics...)

Acura management should be fired.

Pretty much this. Acura has zero identity. They offer neither sporty nor luxurious luxury-sport cars.

>I shitpost from my transit authority's wi-fi about shit I have no clue about

>I drive a 3k civic and have no rebuttal

>I make assumptions on a Malaysian Rice Growing Chatroom and provide no evidence but my own idiotic opinion

>Honda and Acura are both shit and my only defense is shitposting

Is that a concept? post '08 ac design language had been awful, but hat looks damn fine.

>Two of the highest rated automotive companies are shit because I say so

>Acura
>highest rated
mfw

>conveniently leaving out two key words to cherry pick for my argument
>being smug about it

Truth. I sell cars. True asians (no speaky engrish types) almost always look at Acuras first.

>didnt show how Honda or Acura are two of the most highest rated, and in what regard

>needs to be spoonfed like a babby

Seriously answer. Those who've been bitten by unreliable German luxury trash. The only thing Acura lacks is power. Sure, they have the NSX, but that's not enough. They need to drop an NSX drive train into a tsx for some street cred. Marketing dept all kinds a fucked up.

>cant spoonfeed info implied to be common knowledge
Im running out of reaction gifs on my Galaxy....

>crying about not being spoonfed

What you people think about the TL Type S?

The 07-08s are good
The '10 Type SH is great

Who buys Acuras?
Who buys Lincolns?
Who buys infiniti?
Who buys Buick(other than chinese for some reason)?

Honda has always had problems with their auto trannies.

People that see cars as appliances instead of engineering marvels, people that are unironically swayed by television marketing, people that buy the first thing they see so they can get from point A to point B in middle-class comfort.

Not in the TLs from 04-13, TSXs didn't have any problems either

04-06 tl trans were shit

Acura is pretty much luxury rice

it LOOKS like its luxury but its still a civic or accord underneath

That's why mid aged Asians like them so much. It looks classy enough for them to show off but with the running cost of a Honda, which satisfies their cheapness.

how am i wrong? all\most acuras are rebodied euro-spec hondas

hell thy used to sell the civic in canada as an Acura

>nissan
>behind FIAT and Chrysler

Yeah, I'll admit that it was weird, and that they're doing it currently with the ILX, and the RDX is a fancy CR-V and the MDX is the Pilot, and the TSX was a euro accord, but that's all

The TLX is based on nothing
The RLX has its own platform
The NSX has its own platform

They're nowhere near as bad as Lincoln and being fake luxury

This.

Lexus >>> Infiniti >>>>>>>>>>> ebola >>>>>>>> Acura

I bought a used acura. Shit's comfy.

>hell thy used to sell the civic in canada as an Acura

Can confirm.

I have the EL which was basically a 7th gen civic with a tuned engine that needs premium. Never put a drop of premium in it in its 12 yrs of service.

>Name an Acura and I'll name a comparable Lexus or Infiniti that is better in every way.

NSX

not the current year one. the not dogshit one. god that was a beautiful car.

>FIAT
FIX
IT
AGAIN
TONY

If you don't have enough money for a Lexus

Thats a Honda everywhere but america.

>i used to when honda was a fun-loving company

I have a 2016 ILX. Yes, the 2017 Civic is now remarkably similar in terms of options (once fully loaded and minus some HP) but when I got it the 2017 Civic wasn't out, so that was not an option.

And I really like it. It has the same engine as a TLX, a much better transmission than the Civic, and all the tech. Plus it looks nicer (IMO) and I like the size of it. Before this I had a Civic and liked that too.

It's a car I drive maybe 60 miles in a week, so I didn't want to spend a shit ton on a nicer luxury car even though I could afford it.

Only annoyance with it is that it isn't AWD.

I bought an old acura, does that count?

You bought a Honda

I don't get this - if you buy a Lexus then you just bought a Toyota. If you buy an Audi then you just bought a VW. Cadillac? Nah, that's really a Chevy. Lincoln? Nah, it's a Ford.

If there are distinguishing factors in the upmarket segment that aren't available on the downmarket cars then why flip out about the presence of the downmarket?

What I meant was the integra was just a rebadged Honda for the American market. Acura didn't develop it.

Lexus and Cadillac make and develop their own cars that are separate from the other brands under their parent company

basically read this

>sh-awd accord in usa
hnnggggggg

>50,000

>over $100,000

you knocked it out of the park, son

Should replace infiniti in your list with audi. Their main cars arent fwd shitboxes like the rest you listed

>liking lexus in this day and age
HYBRID EVERYTHING AND SHITTY GRILLS AS BIG AS TEXAS THAT AREN'T EVEN ACTUALLY GRILLS IS NOT GOOD

Looks comfy

Nothing wrong with that, you got what you paid for, Lexus is better. The zf9 isnt unreliable though, its programmed shitty so the shifts arent as smooth but its just old people bitching.
No hes right. 04-06 TL trannies were shit. 07-on are actually very good, they started to use the transmission from the RL, one that could handle power.

faggots. I'm surprised you don't have one.

I dunno I liked Honda but they're just getting too retarded these days. I mean, look at this are they trying to out-ugly Toyota? Because of so damn nigga that a HUGE TASK to out-ugly toyota.

I don't know about Acura, but the Honda stealership I oil-monkey at has been seeing lots of transmission software updates on new/late model vehicles, though almost exclusively CVTs..

Perhaps Acura will/has started a similar campaign to address this?

Fucking this. N/A V6 Evo/STI killer for like $6,000 more

The seats are so fucking ugly

You're not including all the repairs for what has to be the least reliable torque vectoring diff ever conceived.

I would if:
1. They weren't so fucking uglay (That BEAK!)
2. They actually used sound deadening (Why are all Hondas so damned loud?)
3. Were faster without using Stupid Tech, and more luxurious without JUST add leather.

It's literally like they're afraid of directly competing with Lexus for some reason. So they cheap out and stay just below the radar.

I think the older TL and TSX are pretty nice.
I almost bought a 6 speed TL, but I'm 6'5 and wear a size 14. With the seat all the way back I couldn't move my leg back far enough to get my foot off the clutch.

I don't think ANYONE is 'threatened by lexus".

You'd be wrong

thats a 2015 list. Someone else it at the top this year

looks awesome af

>Acura above Infiniti

It's like H&M over Chanel.

toyfagsBTFO

It's like Wal-Mart over Old Navy

People who regret everything.

thetruthaboutcars.com/2016/12/cr-owner-satisfaction-2016/

>Sport is the only thing that matters

I literally bought Acura for the beak. In a few years I'm getting a Cadillac as long as they still have that sharp shield and point.

Well, a lot of these "problems" turn out to be shit like "I can't connect my phone to my car via bluetooth" or "the nav system is confusing/won't work".

Yeah it's annoying if this shit doesn't actually work, it's a different story if people just can't figure it out. Everyone should take vehicle dependability studies with a grain of salt; they shouldn't be the only thing you factor in before buying a car.

Americans.

Explain the Escalade and the Navigator then.

>chekd
Jesus are all trips this fucking dumb?

>they design their own cars now means ALL their vehicles were designed by them

keep reaching for straws

or just stay BTFO

your choice

You're a faggot shill and unbelievably retarded.

cool opinions bruh

check out this image

>this retarded

I dunno what the other faggot is salty about. Im at a 7/10 and that shit looks fresh as hell.

>samefag

Are you serious right now?

Acura didn't exist in Japan back then. Neither did Lexus.

Lexus and Cadillac both rebadge cars, like the ES (camry previously, Crown now), CT200h (a fucking Prius), LX (landcruiser)... And for Cadillac, the Catera, Escalade, Cimarron, to name a few.

u wish bruh