Turbocharged Shitboxes

>Complex design with more shit to fail
>normie owners don't understand it's a turbo and abuse it
>lack of oil changes will kill it quicker because turbo
I really don't see these things lasting for many years, when they fail, they fail catastrophically.

youtube.com/watch?v=bFmgYyxsgJ8

Other urls found in this thread:

losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/cto/5884073979.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

don't forget how they like to turn off at a red light and start up as you're going to take off.

majority of wear occurs on start up, but MUH EMM-PEE-GEES!

It's gonna be rough buying used cars in the future with all this emissions bullshit.

This is the most annoying "feature". It's usually on be default, and most people are so stupid that they will stop and then creep a bit and stop again. So at any particular light, the car will end up starting the engine 2 or 3 times and has only moved like 20cm.

Cars are getting more and more disposable as the years go on. It's not economic to build a car to last.

Would you buy a 10 year old cell phone? It's easier to lease a new one, just like cars.

>Cars are getting more and more disposable
That really sucks because i'd like to pass cars I buy new onto my teen kids later and have it not break even though I'm only 21, my grandmother gave me her car because she's getting old and now I can enjoy it without all these gimmicks to break on it.

Yeah
The cash for clunkers bullshit the government used to screw us all is completely going to fuck us
And it hasn't even been a decade yet and we are feeling its effects already
Fugg

>new cars getting shittier and shittier
>used cars getting worse and worse
help

There are some pretty good deals here in cali but they have salvage titles which sucks, you can't win.

losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/cto/5884073979.html

Econoboxes don't even save that much. They require premium gas and synthetic oil these days.

Turbo Cruze's run on regular.

>implying gm doesnt just install shitty turbos
VW has been using K03 turbos for almost 2 decades on econoboxes with minimal problems with turbos themselves
>FI is not a complex system when compared to all the other bullshit on modern cars

I am aware that they are installing shitty turbos to keep the cars cheap and that's the main problem, it's going to be rare seeing a cruze 1.4t in 20 years just because they're so shitty made, unlike an R32 GT-R which is making it to 25 years without a problem because it uses nicer turbos and people who cold start their cars and slam on the gas don't buy them.

TLDR: Cars that are cheap as fuck shouldn't have forced induction to boost power like an expensive car.

2015 Jetta sport 1.8t here... runs regular 87 gas.

Yup, K03's are pretty reliable and the 1.8t is also known to be pretty rock solid.

>m aware that they are installing shitty turbos to keep the cars cheap

Maybe in the cruise's but not in the Jettas and such. They run super reliable K03's.

I do agree that VW turbo gas motors are the bomb, they've been doing it for many years before it became a meme to make a motor smaller.

>shitbox
>premium gas

I doubt your wifes son would appreciate it

Oh god, I'm in california but I don't do that cuck shit like the white numales here.

you forgot about the direct injection meme and carbon build up

>I don't understand how this works but it's shit
The majority of wear occurs when you start an engine from cold. The stop start function doesn't begin until the engine is up to temperature. Try not to post retarded shit again.

It still sucks for the starter motor to be used all the time. Unhealthy!

It's not really that bad of an idea to turbo an econobox. The internals can handle a light boost and the performance gain tends to be significant. With that said, it is imperative that the manufacturer builds their shit correctly otherwise this happens.

On a side note, why the fuck do OEM bearings always fail? Why can't these fucktards get it right the first time? The same shit is true in motorcycles. It's always the OEM bearings that fail. You throw an aftermarket bearing in there and it outlives the life of the vehicle. It isn't that hard. Buy good bearings, smother in grease, and jam it in. Done.

The starter motors are a different spec to normal ones and designed for stop start

the 1.8t was renown for engine failure due to sludge build up, retards above

i love posts that read like trump tweets

It's the best meme cause it's so subtle.

>He doesn't want to drive a progressive car using a 0.5L engine with quad turbos and 120hp