What made the R33 a shit car?

What made the R33 a shit car?

People seem to dislike them a lot compared to the R32 and R34

Think r33s are cheaper because of this and still worth getting because of it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6Q9AcL4rPhw&t=222s
r33gt-r.com/2014/07/best-motoring-keiichi-tsuchiya-review.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Not featured in as many cartoons

its not an r32, which is when skylines got crazy good
and its not a "for paul" r34
and

Being better than the r32 in every single way made the r33 not as popular

It's the zenki s14 of skylines.

they are not shit

they are just raped and skidded into too many fences, trees and various other objects.

Dunno why Yanks lust after them when the R32 is superior

it looks pigfat and ugly

>skidded into too many fences
Lmao that's for sure bud

For the same reason you island tribals and your sheep shagging cousins lust after them - they're skylines

except the r32 is not superior and recorded a slower nurburgerking lap time (talking about GTR's).

The 33 fixed a lot of the inherent problems in the 32.

You are right about hektik habibi crashing into houses though, but that's just because a base skyline is cheap.

Anyway, say whatever you want about it's looks (i personally don't like it) but the 33 had the performance credentials to back itself up.

What even are the year designations for the skylines?
Burger who didn't grow up interested in them
Is there an r31?

I mean, it's not valued highly in the market. But that may change. Markets are anti-inductive.

R32 is objectively worse.

R31 Skyline existed. Not particularly notable though.

yes

C10 68-72 (the first GTR)
C110 72-77 (last GTR till the R32)
c210 77-81 (no GTR trim)
81-85 R300 (no GTR but the top trim was designed by GT-R works)
85-87 R31 (no GTR of this era)

How come this dude said the R33 was a disappointment. so much so that he got rid of it and went back to an r32

forgot pic

Because it was a meme.

The R32 was more fun in the sense that the ATTESA map was very abrupt. Less FWD engagement. It was also a lighter car. As a result it felt more raw and exciting.

That's about it. Objectively it was slower no matter what the track was. The R33 GT-R was a better car.

Of course when it comes to the other variants it's a different story, but as far as the GT-R was concerned the R33 was clearly superior and Nissan did not do a ton of new things from the R33 to the R34. The R32 -> R33 leap was much bigger than the R33 -> R34. It was a bit faster but not much. Most of the focus was on making a smaller car, more refined as the R33 interior was very agricultural, and more predictable.

>but that's just because a base skyline is cheap.
R33 GTS is like the most cheapo popular option for a Japanese RWD car where I live (not counting people trying to get RX-8 off their hands). Well, there's also Chaser/Mark II/Cresta and those are better in every possible way so the only way you'd want to take R33 over them if it absolutely has to be a coupe. I guess that's what it means to be a Nissan scumbag.

youtube.com/watch?v=6Q9AcL4rPhw&t=222s

>(not counting people trying to get RX-8 off their hands)
RX8...Had a hard life.

>tfw you'll never own a 400r

It wasn't it was just a pigfat GT which people think is a sports car . People treat it like a canyon carver and track monster when it was designed to go from point A to point B and pick up your kids from school at the en of the day. Just like the contemporary supra

I loved my R33. Drove it around in the states for 3 years. Americans online like to bash the R33 but irl I would get people following me around town whenever I drove it.

As far as GTSs go it's not that much heavier than a 32, the rb25 is a much more capable motor than the 20 and the wheelbase is a bit longer which makes the car feel a bit more stable imo. I also like the R33s more modern styling a bit better but I could see how others might prefer the 32.

The GTR is a bit heavier because AWD and whatnot but desu it's still relatively light compared to modern cars and is definitely lighter than the R34 GTR. People who un-ironically call the R33 a boat generally don't know what they are talking about.

Not realizing that majority of skylines are RWD

The 33 was literally built for the Burger King ring

No fucking shit it was quicker.

The only thing I hate is the taillights

looks better that r34 desu

It was heavier than the R32 so it understeered more, but the R34 literally weighs about the same. It's literally a budget R34, and it'll stay cheap with such a false reputation.

Is pic related your's? Looks cleaner than any R32 I can find!

The R32 at high speeds understeers more. The front of the car actually has a lifting effect that reduces front-end grip relative to R33/R34/R35.

The R33 was a GT-R, not just GT. Maybe not designed for highly technical circuits but it's not a muscle car, it can take corners. It was designed for touring car racing.

Everyone and their mum knows R32 GT-R has heavier front.

Literally this. I think there's one in the first set of missions of Wangan Midnight DX 5 though.

Thanks user. It was mine but I sold it a few years back. 97' R33 GTST with some simple modifications. Nothin' crazy

its not an r32 and its not an r34

R32 was gut
R33 was better
R34 is a meme

Dobt belive me? Ask mr. Dorito-san himself.

r33gt-r.com/2014/07/best-motoring-keiichi-tsuchiya-review.html

Tsuchiya did not particularly like the R33. The R32 was more "wild" which was more fun for him.

For low speeds, the R32 is undeniably more likely to oversteer because it spends more time in RWD-only.