Dueling Network General - /dng/

Yu-Gi-Oh! General #2399

Extreme Dinosaurs Edition

Last Thread: ● YGOPro is an automated simulator.
YGOPro (Windows): mediafire.com/file/baj95caex5si0n3/ygopro-1.033.A-Percy.exe
YGOPro (Mac): Shit outta luck
High Quality YGOPro Images: ygopro.co/Forum/tabid/95/g/posts/t/23339/The-Ultimate-HQ-Card-Project

Useful Links:
Current Official Rulebook, last updated 6/27/15:
yugioh-card.com/en/rulebook/EN_SDSE_Rulebook.pdf
Wiki with a wealth of information for the players:
yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page
Yu-Gi-Oh! stock market:
yugiohprices.com/
OCG decklists:
blog.livedoor.jp/yugioh_tpr/
ocg.xpg.jp/v/deck/event.html
TCG decklists:
yugiohtopdecks.com/decklists
TCG/OCG news sites:
ygorganization.com/
blog.livedoor.jp/maxut/
Hypergeometric Probability Calculator:
yugioh.party/
Official /dng/ ruling test:
testmoz.com/466984

Upcoming Sets:
●OCG: Maximum Crisis (January 14th)
●OCG: Tyranno's Rage (February 25th)
●OCG: Code of Duelist (April 15th)

●TCG: Pendulum Domination (January 20th)
●TCG: Raging Tempest (February 10th)

Before asking to be spoonfed, try the following:
● READ THE OP
● Read the cards
● Lurk and read the archives
● Google your deck before you post it here. If your deck is/was competitive it will probably have topped an event, see the provided links above
● Most games have single rounds or a best of three match; matches are encouraged as they teach you to make use of your side deck for tournament play

Other urls found in this thread:

yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Negation
yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Once_per_turn
yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Card_Rulings:Great_Shogun_Shien
youtube.com/watch?v=CPGTYfSQf1o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

sex

with

Konami lets you give one deck no one remembers support, which do you choose /dng/?

the blue-eyes white dragon

I don't think support would be enough, a full archetype redesign would be more in order.

So, what's the difference between Shien and Caligula?

Shien:
>Your opponent can only activate 1 Spell/Trap Card each turn.
Caligula:
>each player can only activate a monster effect once per turn

Shien is ruled so the opponent can still activates another S/T that turn if one of their S/T activation is negated via Shi En.
But Caligula is ruled so the opponent can't activates another monster effect if one of their monster effect activation is negated via Divine Wrath.

What's with the difference in treatment?

Blackwings

maybe

returning player here

stopped around the time elemental dragon and fire fist were a thing
thats a long time ago

whats the meta like
anyway I can get a rundown of lately
and what should I watch/look up to get up to speed

READ THE OP

>Blackwings
Leave Zarc to me

Bujins or Dragunities

What have Gongenzaka and Sawatari even been doing for the last twenty-something episodes? They were there for that Beast Boy duel and then they just fucked off.

tfw no asska duel

Absolutely nothing.

They've done nothing. Anyway this is Gong's last chance to play anything that could help samurai and a level 12 synchro boss if they intend to give him one.

She's dead. But so is Crow...

It arrives

Luster gets another form huh

Dinoman is such a badass

>Level 8
Hrmm...

Because we fucking got B.E.S. support, might as well give cards that make LIGHT Machines with 1200 atk AKA Vic viper stuff worthwhile, like a fucking equip that triggers their effect while giving them piercing damage (ojama trio + Lord britong combos)
Or Reptilianne support, best you can do is make pathetic plays like Paladynamo to make monsters 0 ATK then you drop Vaskii and even then, Vaskii is pathetic these days because she targets and destroys.

Might as well errata Diagram to say >Add 1 non-Wind Wyrm to your hand, and if you do, add 1 card from your deck to your hand

Burning Abyss.

Fortune Ladies

still has tour and downerd
nero for deck box was obv

It's a retarded ruling that was made only to weaken the Shien/Shi En combo. There's no real reason for it to exist to this day.

I swear, I'm gonna buy fifty cases of MACR.

Why?

I like these True Draco things.

It's just weird as fuck that Konami went out of their way to add ruling that makes Caligula doesn't work like Shien.

But I guess it's not the first time for them, what with all the Fusion card shenanigan.

yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Negation

>If the activation of effect that can only be activated a limited number of times is negated, that activation still counts towards the activation limit. For example, if "Chaos Sorcerer's" effect is negated by "Light and Darkness Dragon", it cannot activate its effect again that turn.

yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Once_per_turn

>If the activation of a card that states "You can only activate this effect of "card name" once per turn" is negated, then this means you can activate it once again. However, if a card states "You can only use this effect of "card name" once per turn", then even if the activation is negated, you cannot activate it once again.

Fortune Lady DIVINE
Rank 7 Spellcaster/Divine
3 Level 7 Monsters
ATK/DEF ?/?

This card's ATK and DEF are equal to its Rank x 500. During the Standby Phase, this card gains 1 rank (max. 12). While this card has an xyz material, its unaffected by other card's effects. You can also Xyz summon this card by using a "Fortune Lady" monster you control with a different name as the Xyz Material. If this card is summoned this way, it gains the following effects based by the attribute of the xyz material
*Earth: You can detach a xyz material and inflict damage equal to all the ranks/levels of all monsters on the field x 300
*Dark: You can detach a xyz material and Special summon 2 Fotrune Ladies from the graveyard
*Water: You can detach a xyz material and draw 3 cards. You can only use this effect of "Fortune Lady Divine" once per turn
*Wind: You can detach a xyz material, decrease this card's rank by 2 banish all of your opponent's spell and trap cards
*Fire: You can detach a xyz material, ll monsters with a rank/level higher than this card lose ATK based on the difference per rank/level's x 300 and also, all monsters with a rank/level lower than this card are banished.
*Light: You can detach a xyz material, special summon 1 fortune lady from the deck, and its level becomes 12 but its destroyed during the end of this turn.

Rate, hate, kill me because god this will NEVER EVER happen because konami hates the everloving fuck out of 5D's, and they hate even more anything related to Carmine or any other small pack filler archtype from the 5D's era

True Draco Swordmaster, Master P
Can tribute S/Ts for tribute summon of this card
Unaffected by card effects from card types tributed for this card's tribute summon
If this card was tribute summoned, during either player's turn OPT you can banish a continuous spell or trap card from your graveyard to target a card on the field, destroy it

I guess that how it should work for OPT effect, in general, but then again.

yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Card_Rulings:Great_Shogun_Shien
>If the effect of "Great Shogun Shien" is applied, when "Magic Jammer"/"Seven Tools of the Bandit"/etc negates the activation of a Spell/Trap Card, the opponent can activate one more Spell/Trap Card.

Cont Spell 1
All effects hard OPT
You can target 3 "True Draco" or "True King" cards in your graveyard, shuffle them into the deck, then draw 1 card
You can activate this effect, after resolution tribute summon a True Draco
If this is sent from the S/T zone to the graveyard you can target a S/T on the field, destroy it

This is great, recycling is something Kangs really needed. Relying on Agnimazud wasn't very practical.

Cont Trap
All hard OPT and 1/2 cannot activate on the same chain
You can target 1 "True Draco" or "True King" card you control, destroy it, and halve the ATK/DEF of all monsters your opponent controls
During your opponent's main phase, immediately after this effect resolves, tribute summon 1 True Draco
If this card is sent from the spell/trap card zone to the graveyard you can target a monster on the field, destroy it

You'd also go through copies of succession really stupidly fast, so

>wake up
>True Kangz get a continuous mini-avarice and quick removal
Holy shit I know what I'm playing post-MACR, this is the icing on the cake and I already loved VFD

Why would you run any of these? They don't help you spam VFD.
The competitive build of True Kings will probably only play the field spell, the Kings and Zoodiacs

Pretty meh.

Eh, good enough.
Not game breaking, but good enough.

This s pretty good.
Float your TK and kinda prevent destruction by battle.

I like this one
>control
I don't like this one so much
I get that you can probably pop itself which seems awfully generic and easy removal, but I would probably just use the tribute effect for Dynamite Kuckle, who can also activate another trap when the opponent does anything

Can someone explain the point of these shitty tribute summon guys to me, please?

AND they rape the opponent's stat values. As if these things didn't casually OTK hard enough already.

They won't be meta, because they can't R4, but I'm going to build the shit out of them.

They're the Destiny Hero of True King.

>implying helmet is in any way bad
Simple wins games.

>Tellars
>Winning

They search your shit and can be summoned on the fly to disrupt your opponent.

Why do you need disruption if you have VFD?

I hope the YGO 6 summon mechanic does something to powercreep, counter, or otherwise obsolesce Xyz in the meta, because the fact that helmetbabbies are technically right is really annoying

Because your VFD is dead.

I forget /dng/ has an extremely one-track mind. The amount of bullshit Kangs have available to them is appropriately ungodly, but no, you don't have to use them if you don't want to.

>relying on a single ED monster

But they take up space that could be used to have more floating pop targets for your True Kings.

Is your floating pop targets searchable?

>The amount of bullshit Kangs have available to them is appropriately ungodly
Like what?

READ
THINK

True Dracos and their S/T.

Shitty tribute monsters aren't "bullshit" though. Neither are a glorified supply squad or a revival card with the world's worst restriction.

Oh, yeah.
Right.
Sure.
Uh-huh.

That's right kiddo, turbo that VFD and surrender when it dies to literally everything.

>new SPYRAL cards that effectively double the number of SPYRAL Super Agents you can play with, reward you further for spying on your opponent's Deck and provide non-lethal takedown options for even the toughest monsters
None of this sounds worth playing. Why do they refuse to give more good support to the quik fix r1 spam build? It's the only remotely good build the deck has. Last time they tried forcing gimmicks onto the deck the only card that got played was the RotA-ing field spell, because guess what, it works with the quik fix spam build.
Konami has to stop trying to reinvent the wheel and just support what works best.

They won worlds, didn't they?

Picture confirming Advanced Tournament Pack 2017 Volume 1 contents and any text changes from last thread.

That's just True Kings being shitty though. They should've been able to summon themselves from the GY at least.
But if you think that adding fucking tribute summons is going to make the deck in any way better you're deluded

>Option token
Nice

>worlds
>mattering

Nobody is telling you how to play. You're allowed to be retarded.

Does anyone actually like Dustons?

Delusion, check.
C'mon, buddy, it's still halfway to bingo.

I disagree they need to experiment I don't want 20 more decks doing field spam without something interesting it's gotten boring as fuck.

>anything
>matterimg

Don't be a cuck.

What's the point in experimenting when the result will just be cards that won't be played?
There is nothing "interesting" in YGO, this game only has one viable kind of deck.

>Wanting new things means being a cuck.
There's still time for you to kill your self before the year ends nobody will miss you.
You get a chance to see what works with that Idea and what doesn't then improve it.Did you not get to study the scientific method in school?

Masked HERO series doesn't give good support to the Fusion beatdown build of hero, the only remotely good build of HERO.

Think.

>You get a chance to see what works with that Idea and what doesn't then improve it.
Every time they've tried "experimenting", it didn't work, and the players used the good cards in the shitheap to make a generic cookie cutter competitive deck.
Not quite true, given that Masked HERO follows most of the same deckbuilding ideas as the old bubble builds, just with one more good monster, and a different fusion spell.

>Masked HERO follows most of the same deckbuilding ideas
A Hero Alives SS Mist, set 4 pass?
Monk SS Mist, set 4 pass?

>best build of HERO before Masked Hero is rank 4 focused plus one card fusions
>new HERO support is a level 4 searcher and a card that does a one card fusion
How is this not support for the good build?

Spoken like a true cuckold.

Some people probably enjoy the 1 in 10 games they pull off House Duston and flood the field with trash and then proceed to do nothing as they're intended to. If House Duston really does mean they're getting a new card I really don't know what it would do.

Spoken like a true virgin loser.

Cry more.

I can't see any connection between the two things you listed.
Said level 4 searcher doesn't help you R4.
The new one card fusion also doesn't help you R4. It can only summon a new specific set of fusion, even.

What did you mean by being a support for the good build? They literally dump the old build and making a brand new deck.

Did /dng/ get BTFO again?

Keep being worthless.

>not making Nightingale for instant 3-5K damage

Shut up.
Fucking swampman.

That's your job.

I thought you were swampman. Funny how you put on the trip when you show up.

House Duston being reprinted was stealth Lyrical Luscinia cross promotion all along! Just crash your House Duston, hand your opponent a bunch of shit, and use your White Duston/House Duston for Nightingale!

The worst part is this may actually be the reason they stuffed House Duston in here.

But I am you.

Nice tripcode. It's ##MaleficDeepEyes ain't it coward?

youtube.com/watch?v=CPGTYfSQf1o

where is iron core to destroy the last 2 tripshits of ugly girl and yami kaiba