/xivg/ - Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward General

Fuck Going Green Edition

>Starlight Celebration (December 15th - December 31st)
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/2016/The_Starlight_Celebration/

>Free login campaign (December 1st - January 4th)
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/7f6f03825f75fdb71701f7ad9f68cbf4d8ab3bca

>Tokyo Fanfest (December 23rd - December 24th)
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/34e70073fb0a9d3f7059d05394abe5faf882f0a2

>Patch 3.45 Notes
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/c55a99e864094c0c7dfcbde0fa35bd9fda60dfcb

>Letter from the Producer LIVE Part XXXII and XXXIII
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/3ee28e9c3569e2c7be7212675e20a99641370d8d

>Stormblood Expansion Teaser:
youtube.com/watch?v=mAobb8_SzHY

>Red Mage Teaser:
streamable.com/25l4x

>Resources, Guides, Free Companies and Linkshells
pastebin.com/raw/YcEBGQWu

Previously on /xivg/:

mumu gc

Can I buy a world transfer with steam wallet money somehow? On the steam version obviously, but some people said the wallet option should've replaced crysta also but that's not the case either. Also I already googled and it was useless to find any answers either way really.

xth for this game sucks

desu

when are you going to stop stalking everyone beepy

xth for narcolepsy

Can mods come back and shut Kaotsuki's gaping pseudoerotic maws for 72h again?

xth for forcing myself
:3
I'm pretty sure you can't buy a world transfer with steambux, unfortunately.

anyone else enjoying the new pet?

also im assuming the outfits will be multiple parts since we got 4 tokens?

I want to marry an elezen~!

you're an idiot

What is that hairstyle and how do I get it?

Minfillia's. Buy her costume set off the mog station and it will give you the hair.

Its a Mogstation hair style

Anybody up for some ARFs? Need a couple

I'm on a mission right now.

When does weekly reset? I got time for a 11s and 12s clear or nah?

>beepy creepshotting ben
wow

Reset's in like, 45 minutes.

love of chocolate more like lover of sugi

they are dating

Weekly reset is in 45 minutes. You can check this stuff on your duty timer page.

>two beepy ebs hooking up
rip

Stop posting again faggotrine

Can you still double dip expert roulette on reset if there isn't maintenance?

Roulette timers are different to weekly timers so not really.

I'll be a good lizard

What should I fanta to?

hows it feel knowing your boyfriend is still stalking his ex?

As in, run it immediately after reset and then again after daily reset? That you can do, but I feel like there was a more elaborate way to double dip which you may be referring to that I'm forgetting...

au ra

how???

Cute Glasses Lizard.

Okay, I'm downloading the client. I'm coming from BDO and (WoW). Which class is closest to fury or protection warrior in XIV? So I want melee dps but also possibility for tanking in later game?

hmm

Be one for me, I'll pet you

Ctrl + U will bring it up as a shortcut, but it's literally under a section called "Duty Timers"

>As in, run it immediately after reset and then again after daily reset?
You got it lizard who is usually on a rock.

>That you can do
Neat Have't done a reset run in long time.

There's Warrior, which is within the tank role but is mostly used as a high-DPS offtank, I guess. I've never played BDO or WoW on any serious level, so I don't know anything about their classes or anything.

Will try to make a Xaela on Balmung once the server resets, just to have an rp alt there!

this isn't creepy at all....

Do you guys suppose the Stormblood classes will get the same kind of weapon treatment the Heavensward classes got? I mean, they'll add in t5/9/13 weapons, alex 4/8/12 weapons, primal weapons, crafted primal weapons, regular crafted weapons? Since they start at level 50, will they add in a weapon for each class to all of the leveling dungeons? It seems like a lot of extra work to go through. It wasn't that bad in Heavensward but there are a LOT more weapons available now.

cat

why are you bullshitting

The server reset in question is just to reset the weekly caps and lockouts - it won't actually restart the servers or anything, so the chances of making a character on Balmung are still basically 0, unfortunately.

they will definitely add weapons for heavensward i think but i'm not so sure they'll do it for arr

that's a lot of weapons to model and if they continue it for each expansion that's a lot of time artists could spend on other things

Is there a way to transfer items from one character to another character, on different servers? I'm gonna rush to make a Balmung

are u dumb

Looking for someone to firmly grasp it and nibble on my ear pst. Balmung only

Thanks, I need to search more information. I plan to do highend raiding in this game hopefully. But first I need to get through the old content, so story kind of comes first I guess. I just want to commit to one good character which has possibilities in the end game.

It's the truth I promise. I'm incapable of lying about menus.

they aren't

Yeah, that's what I was thinking to. I was planning on using these 6 months to gather up a bunch of crap like primal tokens and crafted ingredients just so I could be ready to go in case any of the RDM rapiers looked really cool, but it could be a huge waste of time.

>tfw ywn ever get eb'd for the 10th time

aw shit senpai, all right

are all the servers dead pre level 50? I just started the slog from 30 to 50 and I seem to be the only one grinding fates

nobody does fates anymore

>ywn hug this lizard

>Pet
Do you see cat ears? Don't make me pull out my dragon dick

Are you on lev- oh okay...

Fates are pretty dead. People got sick of grinding them from 2.x to whenever Palace of the Dead was introduced, so I doubt they're ever going to recover. May they rest in peace...

F'whalon Rhiki

I mean. I could pet that too.

>tfw no dragon dick to pet with my butt.

oh. what do they do instead?

i... im on levi?

Really?

PotD mostly i assume

Why the FUCK do we use the airship once to fight that primal and then never hear about it or see it again? Why can't I fast travel with it?

If you come back to Balmung I'm sure Rena would eb you again.

There are basically 2 options for grinding at the moment - Palace of the Dead or dungeons.
POTD usually has very fast queues, even for DPS players. I believe dungeons can be faster EXP with a competent party + instant/near instant queues, but if you're a DPS you're basically stuck with POTD.

*bing pong*

Teleport around the world nearly instantly or wait on a slow ass ship?

{Where?}

Do you think they are even going to bother with FATEs in Stormblood after how much of a no-show they were in Heavensward?

You DO see it though. It's the enterprise and it's recurring. Also this

Malboro, sadly

Shes on Ultros

I can't teleport instantly. Tell me how to do it because i sure as hell don't know

Would make alt for / 10

Please tell me you've been attuning to aetherytes as you see them.

aethernet!

>ultros

All FATEs should be giant bosses that reward special currency or cause said giant bosses to spawn.

Make the currency somewhat relevant for gear progression (like S ranks) but also cosmetic stuff.

Post aphroditic giants

I have, but I wasn't aware you could do that. I thought aethernet was only for getting to different locations within a city.

No. Only the small shards are inter-city teleports that you can reach via others or the main one in the plaza.
The big shards are the anchor points that you can teleport to from anywhere.

Fucking hell have you been walking everywhere?

Same..

honestly i do enjoy the boss fates alot, it would be cool to see more like them, or at the very least have the less common ones give neat rewards

one thing i dont miss about fates is that POTD means you can wear whatever silly stuff ( see example)you want, and dont need to actively be gearing it as you level

Not walking, but chocobos, yeah.

Post more of this slut

Jesus fucking christ that's horrifying.

I'm a cat

I like the idea of FATEs actually contributing to progression and such, but the problem with boss fates is that they can be impossible to solo. Eventually FATE parties will dry up, and people will be left to run them alone - especially on dead servers.

honestly after driving around in 15 so much i kinda enjoy taking the scenic route sometimes, so i hope you enjoyed it a little atleast

fates are fucking terrible

im a walking corpse

But user, how are you so sure?