EVE Online general /eog/

Rapid Festival Launcher Edition.

>Is it too late to start playing EVE?
No.

>Can I make enough ISK to PLEX?
Yes of course!
But if you have to ask again you can't.

>I just started, what should I do?
Get 250,000 free Skillpoints by using any referral link(chaining them with friends works the best).
If you have no friends use this link:
secure.eveonline.com/signup/?invc=4eca5d19-7c52-44fd-9de6-ff7b1398159c&action=buddy
Don't forget to save your referral's name, If you upgrade to Omega send me a mail with the date when you upgraded and I will give you the entire PLEX.

>Now what?
Do the Tutorial then the Career Agent missions; they give you ISK, ships, skillbooks and teach you basics. Talk to players and try to find a corp. The game is only as boring as you are.
No, really. Find a corp.
You don't want to be that guy.

Read the /eog/ pastebin: pastebin.com/JGKUEsZy

Future:
2017/01/09 is the last day to receive the 12th YC119 gift!

Past:
>Nov 25: Eve Down Under
>Nov 15: Alpha clones, Engineering Complexes, reworked boosters
>Sep 27: Coronation of Catiz I
>Sep 13: Mining barge overhaul, some new frigate models, capital module balance pass
>Sep 12: CSM 11 first summit
>Aug 13: [SoundCloud] WH CSM Townhall 13AUG2016 by OrangeEagle
>Aug 09: Citadel contracts, dmg/rep visuals, clouds performance boost, cargo notifications
>Jul 26: AT prizes announced (blood raider variations)
>Jul 23: Goons move to Delve, SMA closes
>Jul 19: Broski joins then kills QFC
>Jul 18: Billboards submissions open
>Jul 07: AT rule changes: 10 players, no cap-xfer, no CDs, blood raider ships encouraged
>Jun 29: "Shadow of the Serpent" event began, serp capitals introduced
>Jun 28: Citadel trading, overlay vectors, new implants, drugs legal, NSA nerfs, triage/seige/bastion now ECM immune, mass fitting
>Jun 23: RIP SP dailies
>May 30: RIP Dust 514 (long live Project Nova)

Previous Thread: Permalink: orph.link/eog

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/5kjn31/random_sp_gift_after_dt/
community.eveonline.com/news/news-channels/eve-online-news/skillpoint-reimbursement-for-lost-skill-booster-with-ascension/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Anybody got a nice T2 machariel fit for blitzing L4s? And don't try and sneak some expensive module in there, I want the raven navy issues and rattlesnakes around me to be more enticing to the gankers

Weapon tiercide postponed until winter 2018, hang it there!

>sneeze and fuckup typing in a buy order
>entire week's profits wiped out immediately
oops

Does warping to something that's in view of cockpit mode or first person view helps with shortening time to align for warp? Or does the ship always need the amount of time specified in the fitting window to align regardless of the angle?

Isn't that the maximum time?

i.e. to do a complete 180

I'm guessing it's the time to align to warp from 0 speed. Ships don't have to "turn" when they're at 0 speed, they're treated like vectors by the game engine, regardless of where they appear to be facing.

>clearing a site in highsec in my catalyst
>dominix navy issue also here, hitting absolutely fuck all because >battleships and frigates
>suddenly he targets me fires on me, missing every shot
>he gets concorded and I get 200mil in loot from his wreck
I MEAN OK

>found an item worth 16m in the last container on a data site
>got so excited I forgot to loot it
>site vanished after I warped out
ahhh

The fuck happened to missile skills? Are they gone? I can't find them.

What's the logic of people who undercut by something like 10 isk instead of 0.01

It's still not a significant price drop so why do it

What BC should I go for for PVE and missions? I really liked the maller and vexor but drones seem to not be what they used to be a couple of years back what with being targeted all the time

Probably trying to manipulate the price downward. If the cut is large then people will just wait for your stuff to get bought instead of undercutting. If you undercut by 0.01, it's going to take forever to bring the cost down anywhere. 10 should be a good target for that.

sometimes people don't pay attention so if you undercut by 10.01 or 1.01 they fuck up their adjustment buying you 5 more minutes in the number 1 spot

>people station trading against me drive the price down
>I buy them all out and make a profit hauling it to another station
Thanks guys

I'm going to start missions for the first time. I'm planning to do t1s and t2s in a corax. Should i go missiles or rockets?

>corax

you can do L1s in an Ibis senpai desu

Daily reminder that the moros is the worst dread and the nag is better than the moros in every field of the world

user these ships don't exist in the world.

either is fine, you probably won't be able to fit light missiles

>remember game is f2p
>log in
>all the weapons on my paladin are grey'd out
>can't activate them because skill I fucking learned and spent time and money training, is now either missing or has been 'reduced' or bullshit

Great.
This game straight fuck off.
How fucking pointless and infuriating that was logging in and seeing my shit locked.

What a waste. Fuck these retards and this game.

f2p is basically a trial, good skills are obviously tied to subs

There's no issue with this

Yeah I disagree, I've been playing this game for years and years and years, like many of you.

Taking a long hiatus and coming back to see my skills are either missing or have been fucked with pisses me off in an strange "why did you fuck with my shit and violate my character" kinda way.

>We want your money
>lets piss you off in the first 10 seconds of being back by locking you out of your ship and everything

No offence but you sound like a baby

Your skills are still there, you just have to sub to use them. Same as when the only f2p element was a month trial

Do Haulers get specifically targeted in high sec?

Thinking of training up to a blockade runner and training between stations in it but I'm worried it'll just be blown up for being a hauler ship

>Do Haulers get specifically targeted in high sec?
Yes

Nah that's fucking lame and was the last thing I wanted to see logging in.
I'm not some newfag sitting around docked in a kestrel.
Can't even do a missing. What a waste making it F2P. This time I'll just stay gone forever fuck ccp.

If you're not new shouldn't have a billion or so laying about ready for you to plex?

What's great about f2p is that I don't have to sub if I forget to apply a plex before my time expires

when you resub dont forget to buy the new paladin skin

This is not the other guy that used to do referrals.
use this at your own risk.

Also do get a blockade runner, it's only of the few haulers that's really difficult to catch so no one bothers with it unless you land off station instead of an instant dock

If you're gonna use a blockade runner always have instant docks and undock for every major trade hub station to avoid getting ganked. Your cargo is unscannable but honestly that attracts more ganker because it's like having a double wrapped package in your hold

Can I have your stuff?

people like you baffle me. The sheer retardation is just... just too much.

Newfag here.
How awful is the f2p model?
How fucked is the potential new f2p player?
Can the f2p limitations be temporarily removed, in other words, is it still possible to grind your way into "free" subscription?

read the OP you retarded faggot

>Hey guys you can play for free in our p2p game with these limitations! And you can even buy PLEX in game and remove all the limitations! Cool, huh?
>What the fuck CCP I want everything for free stop messing with me you cucks

it's okay for newbros, but you'll want to upgrade if you like the game
Not fucked at all
yes, but gl doing that if you are new
Considering you are unable to even read the OP you are doomed.

apparently CCP gave out free SP to certain people after downtime

>bought skill extractor thinking I'm going to make banks with my alts passive training
>only skills that are beyond alpha limit can be extracted
FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK.

>current year
>p2p
When will this meme end?

always do your homework famalam.

I invested 3 bil into my sp farmers to be able to someday be able to passive farm that shit

You wouldn't have been able to use any of those skills or items without subbing before ascension, it's no different now.

How much SP? I didn't get any.

might of just been them refunding people

reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/5kjn31/random_sp_gift_after_dt/

I didnt get any either

Not everyone got it.

>impossible for new players to ever catch up to old ones
>ccp now gifting skillpoints to old accounts too

fuck this company, no wonder their game is dying

Buy skill injectors goy

people who put more time and money into the game should have an advantage

I have an account that is 8 years old.
if I log in and don't have free SP, you must kill yourself irl for being a whiney bitchboy

lmaoing at this retard lol

Looks like you get to live
I dont even play this account, t-t-tthnaks

>catch up
>m-muh sp!

kys dror, nobody gives a fuck about sp

community.eveonline.com/news/news-channels/eve-online-news/skillpoint-reimbursement-for-lost-skill-booster-with-ascension/

CHAIKA! ON THE EVE THREAD

fuck ccp

how de fuk and i supposed to ketchup with 45k sp given to vets duh fuck my man dats like 2 hours of training aint nobodoyz gots time fo dat

That's two hours on top of their existing lead

And this is a game where vets never pay real money for a sub. They're pandering to non-payers

>And this is a game where vets never pay real money for a sub. They're pandering to non-payers

wat

If you played for years and still have to buy shit with real money you are a failure and should just kill yourself. Only new players have to shill out for plex because they can't easily earn billion(s) in a month.

are you only talking to irl poors?

calling people failures for not being autismal grind shitters is weird m8

>played for years
>still can't make a billion a month just by updating buy and sell orders once a day

All PLEXes are purchased with real money one way or another. Whether or not a player pays or PLEXes it makes no difference to CCP's wallet.

>once a day for a month
>updating orders takes half an hour btw because you have 200 of them

>And this is a game where vets never pay real money for a sub. They're pandering to non-payers

Were you dropped on your head often as a child?

You are retarded mate. You don't have to grind anything to earn shitloads of money if you know what you are doing and have some experience. Kill yourself.

>Were you dropped on your head often as a child?
Tell me, you're clearly familiar with the experience

>doing a thing over and over until you have 1b
>not grinding

the more adamant you are about this, the more irl poor you look btw

>VETS DON'T EVEN PAY FOR THEIR SUBS!
>CCP STOP PANDERING TO NON-PLAYERS

We pay 5 bucks more a month than you do.

>i don't know how to make isk effectively so i'll just call everyone poor :^)

I'm literally in a level 5 mission running alliance m8, kys

I guess they took you in to be a corp idiot :^)

>memessions
says it all

no that's you poorfag

>"no you" is the best he can do
:^)

>reeeeeee you're poor for not grinding instead of paying 10$ a month

stop shitting up this shit thread you fucking shitters

>I'm too dumb to make money
>they all must be GRINDING to do it

let's hear it then, this way you make money that isn't grinding

it isnt grinding if you enjoy doing it

okay :^)

>I enjoy eating shit

How to make insta-dock bookmarks?
I know how to make insta-undocks.

Do I have to MJD into the station and BM at just the right time, or is there some other way?

whatever floats your boat user

just make a bookmark when you undock. it's just so you land definitely inside 0km of the station, rather than potentially 2km off

And this is enough to guarantee that?
No need for MJD trickery?
Thanks.

Kickout stations will kick you out too far to dock, so be careful with those.

In Jita, however, just undock and instantly bookmark and you're good.

What are those kickout stations?
Is Amarr one of them?

Minmatar has a few kick out stations. I think the amarr does as well but I can't remember

Making my third character on my alt

Which race/bloodline has the best looking male clothes?

dodixie hub is kickout

the not asian caldari ones

>making a male character
Are you gay?

No but I've got a bunch of male cosmetics and nobody to use them on

>Want to join an industry corp
>Taxes out the ass
>Germans
>Unbridled autism

Welp, nevermind.

Why are Caldari so cucked?

all corps seem to be fucked up collectivists

>people will surely go out and pvp if we confiscate all the loot and give it to idiots

I have no real problem with collectivism but it's handled so poorly and annoyingly like fuck me man

desu i'm not even sure why would caldari like amarr, other than "gallente and minmatarr are kinda allied so amarr and caldari have to be allied too durr"

The problem is the way tax works, the most profitable parts of the game are entirely untaxed