Can we get a feels thread, my car was stolen today...Hold me Veeky Forums

fugg

You file police report?
Hope you had insurance on it.

I did, also have insurance, but though it was a shitbox it was my shitbox

way to go dumbass

Visiting my parents for the holidays, and this shit happens

I'm assuming it's a non-chip car.

Hopefully you get it back, there's about a 50% national recovery rate. Once you do get it back, or get another, I'd recommend getting handy with electronics and installing your own lockout system.

Any good examples you can point out on the lockout system or a website or something?

Hmm, I usually just make my own.

It's not hard with a hidden switch and relay on the injector lines, though this is the most basic one.

You could mock up a chip system using an arduino and RFID reader, and have it cut all sorts of functions.

The idea is to make is as difficult as possible for a thief to steal your car. They often target old non-chip types since stealing them is so easy.

Well thanks for the input, I'll defiantly look into it

I assume it was automatic?

You must not have locked your steering wheel?

1996 Acura Integra mt, and steering wheel was locked

I'm paranoid now

New car owner here, also my first car

what are the best bang/buck security system for my shitbox?

Shit on the seats

Expect to lose it. Be at terms that it WILL be stolen. You WILL crash it via your own stupidity. Laugh at me and call me a moron now. By all means I am, the tripcode proves that, but it will happen.

For now, enjoy the car, and don't be afraid to push it a bit for fun.

Is it newer than '98? Then it'll be a pain in the ass to steal to begin with.

yes, pull the negative cable when not in use.

To prevent the thing from being started up and driven away? Deadmans switch on the ignition hidden somewhere brilliant

Buy a new car. Your manufacturer will let you track it yourself via your iPhone or Android device.

Welcome to the future.

>letting the botnet track you
I bet you're one of those people that has facebook apps installed on your phone with full access to microphone and SMS.

this

We don't believe you.

GTFO Dennis!!

>worried about private business tracking him to show him dragon dildo ads on instagram
>gubbmint openly tracking literally the entire internet under the guise of Muslim terrorism

Priorities, m8?

what do they do with stolen cars? junk it?

Or part it. Your wheels, bumpers, hood, window panes, lights, seats, steering wheel... all on Craigslist or eBay as genuine OEM replacement parts.

Or the VIN numbers get removed and then your CSR gets painted, then sold on Crsigslist as a salvage or lien.

Don't you watch TV?

yeah what i figured they did and nah i dont watch tv. back in highschool when me and my friends were pieces of shits we used to steal cars and get fucked up and drive around doin stupid shit. we just turned the car back in before the people woke up. one time some dude was outside his house when we drove the car back and we almost got our ass beat by a couple guys

Those meanies.

I would have baked you cookies and offered my wife's vagina to you for bringing it back.

what makes cars newer than 98 harder to steal?

>never lock doors
>Barely ever roll up widows
>Often leave keys in it
>Never stolen, nor had things stolen out of it

Protip: drive something no one wants to steal and you won't have to worry about it being stolen

>b-being poor is kewl guys, I swear!

A whole fucking lot of shit.

such as.....

Don't hate me cause you ain't me

Did you even stop to consider that OBDII was introduced in 96? Immobilizer, key chip, the whole nine. Have you never been in a car less than 20 years old and looked at the steering column? Dare you to try to hotwire one.

Not poor, not him just don't live in a crime ridden shit hole.

Worst thing to ever happen was I left it running in the cold and someone took a smoke break in it

Can't I just SSH into an adhoc network and link IP addresses to a central server and CSI steal your 1996+ shitbox that way? Bitcoin?

If it's new enough it really can't be stolen. Don't worry about it

someone stole my mint 1976 honda with less than 7000 miles on it this summer

>older than me
>less miles than me

You didn't deserve it.

>making it even easier for the government to spy on you
You don't really understand how this works, do you?

/G/ shitposts have started to spread

>implying your burnerphone still isn't uniquely tied to you
>implying your public WiFi hotspot IP address still isn't uniquely tied to you
>implying the government is stupid

>thinking your little iPhone means shit

Son...

There are only two examples of my specific car and color in my entire city. If they chose to stay in the city it would be really hard to keep it.

Old top gear episode had ideas like this, for ways to catch them without gps or some sort of service with a fee, to put an inconspicuous detail around the license plate. For example, it could be a sticker, or a plate frame that isn't standard or would be unique, like a honda frame on a non-honda car. They will think it is just some pointless detail and won't mess with it or think it has to be there, but will give them away.

I'll just tell them exactly what body panels have rust on them or are missing paint.

The body damage on the front right bumper right before the wheel arch.

I don't put shitty license plates or stickers or shit on my car, but maybe I should? IDK.

This. Very much this.

Sorry you lost your car.

I just got up this morning, someone ripped off my front bumper and opened my hood to steal my battery, with the terminals and all

The airbags are worth a lot and sell easily. There are various used-parts networks where body shops and even dealers get parts. A dealership is able to sell used parts in repairs for warranty work as opposed to work you contract them to do with new parts (always read the fine print on your service contract).