/vn/- First Time Edition

Visual Novel General #1290

READ THE FOLLOWING, THIS IS IMPORTANT
>Having trouble with your VN? Try the following before you ask for tech support:
1. Be in Japanese locale
2. Read the Readme
3. Read the wiki below
4. Google it

>FAQs, Recommendations, and Other Useful Things:
visual-novels-general.wikia.com/wiki/

>Need a novel with a specific element?
vndb.org/g

>Download Links:
pastebin.com/U7HUj0fk/

Previous thread:

This general is for the discussion of Japanese visual novels.
E-celeb shitposting is not allowed.
Kindly use spoiler tags appropriately when discussing plot spoilers to facilitate smooth discussion.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hXg7x1GyHhM
youtube.com/watch?v=ih_T-Wum0Fc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Thanks for fixing the OP.

Himawari is shit

I was making a thread with a cute girl when you posted this one with an ugly man. Why did you do that?

I'm staying in the Spanish thread now that I can read Supreme Candy and inferior EOPs can't.

She he's so sissy?

Men need love too

Don't worry, we will not miss you, guey.

Read the rules before you make a thread again, retard.

Please shitpost elsewhere. Go to the himawari thread and stay there.

Shit... I mean "why"

There's a man in this CG too. Sort of.

What did they mean by this

euphoria?

Hey, don't be mean about that lovely story about Mr.Dickson and Ms.Cummings.

Majikoi A-3 when?

Has anyone here read 11eyes?
Is it worth a read?

>you can actually marry the girls in the game
Fucking Compile Heart actually did something right for once

It happens in some of the endings. Some of them are just specific romantic moments, others happily ever afters.

God damn, was it good, though.

Is the best release of 2016, so...

Did we get an 18+ version or an all-ages version?

You're the only one autistic enough to care. It seems like you're always here. Why don't you go read a VN? Could it be that you've run out of interesting translated VNs? Poor, poor EOP.

Don't be too hard on him. You'll make him cry.

What do you think?

Well, I have no idea. I wasn't particularly interested in it, but I'm bored so I guess I'll download it. If it was all-ages I'd skip it.

>Moogy don't like it
Than mean that it's a Kamige.

Can the west stop overrating the impact of dies irae already?

No one is waiting for this shit. BUT THE POLL ALWAYS HAVE DIES AS NUMBER 1. Yeah its the same backers that voted.

And for u retards think a 1 cour shitty anime adaption will change anything, get real. It will end up like demonbane and rewrite in the west, with other words flopping in views and sales.

Dies its not even the best game in 2009, baldr sky and muramase are better in that year.

great repost from /jp/ you low effort shitposter

you don't deserve a (You)

This is the power of a kamige.

>mfw some faggot said the strech goals would help increasing it 30%

>$104,181
>pledged of $160,000 goal

ReadingSteiner - Today at 1:21 AM
Well, I unpledged.

ReadingSteiner - Today at 1:32 AM
I don't want it to reach the base goal
I want it to crash and burn.

It was supposed to according to Steiner and that Muv Luv dude that had a talk with the PR team.

But Light decided to ''re-evaluate'' some things since then and fucked everyone over instead :^)

So, since DI is going to be sold by MG does that mean they will get uncensored 18+ CGs? Or just the regular CGs like sweet sweat in summer?

classic Ludo

Wow, they know how to fuck his backers...

There's something sweet about Ludo tears.

>DI Kickstarter is actually LOSING money
IT'S ALL OVER

Kek, is he calling Light a bunch of toddlers?
Oh no! The Translators are turning

The PR team Light hired for this at least.

>tfw now conju-poo would be slaved away to translate mindless moege for all his live

Good

Ara Ara best girl

There's literally nothing wrong with moege.

Even chuni games have "moege" scenes...

Dies Irae the moege award ffs
(Not the chuuni one)

Can you dick her?

Steam -> All ages (PS2 port)

>Demands that you create a harem including herself and her underage sister
Damn straight she is.

CAFE 0 The Sleeping Beast torrent edition when?

The Dies irae Kickstarter is still losing money wtf is happening lmao.

Now that it has been confirmed that EOPs won't be getting Dies Irae, I can finally go back to pretending to like DI and treat it like it's a literary masterpiece.

I don't know and I don't care, this thread is for Visual Novels and not shitty OELVN's.

>JOP shitposting
>Kuruminha

Stop.

>roseVeRte is an independent Japanese developer and publisher of interactive story games

It's not shitposting when I'm telling the truth lad, Light fucked up hard.

Kek, the latest update in Dies Irae Kickstarter was pretty sucefull (and still going down).

This changes nothing, it will still succeed.

Nope.

They can't possibly believe it's going to reach this high.

All things considered, I'm actually impressed by how badly is this kickstarter being run. Prefundia had everything figured out, all they had to do is add some more rewards/addons and it would have been funded in 48 hours, perhaps less.

After the less than stellar launch I expected them to lower the strech goals slightly to make them more vialble. Instead they decided to ransom vita crowd by pushing it higher and asking for 10K more for port. And don't even get me started on 100$ digital copy.

>included with the $400 reward tier and up

so 27 copies

But It seems that the Profundia announcament isn't the same as the one from KS;

>We would like to address the stretch goals with the higher price from the Prefundia page. From the inception of the project beginning with the Prefundia page, we misunderstood "add-ons" as being "items available for purchase after stretch goals are met".

They need to add rewards that pander to waifufags desu, all the rewards are shit like badges, rubber straps and tapestries full of chuuni bullshit and not a single one with a qt anime girl.

what the fuck happened to the dies irae kickstarter? wasn't it at like 75% on the first day?

So they don't know how kickstarter works and their PR had no idea as well? Come the fuck on.

lol, it went down with 1% cuz some vita autists got mad

>Nekopara ova kickstarter is going to launch, get funded day 1, and everyone is going to unpledge for dies for it
screenshot this post, it's going to be fucking hilarious

>Nekopara is more popular than Dies irae
Kill me

I'm 100% certain Nekopara will do at least half a million. And forget day 1, 6 hours at most.

youtube.com/watch?v=hXg7x1GyHhM

Don't forget the prequel. youtube.com/watch?v=ih_T-Wum0Fc

Why waifufags would be interest in yaoi chuuni bullshit?

Because this chuuni bullshit has Rusalka.

But you cant dick her, so why waifufags would bother?

She's taken

I'm waiting warmly for the new DI streetch goals:
400K Yaoi mousepad
500k Fandisc
700K Rusalka Route.

She's a whore.

I heard a rumor about some fujo refusing back dies irae bacause of conjureor offensive trump comment.

I'm rock hard now. Rusalka route with Rusalka as protagonist when?
Also, that's more like succubus than whore. Whore is someone who is slutting around for money, while she does it because she likes it.

How can someone fuck up this bad?

>As for the budget breakdown, as the one on the page, the Translation costs for the project are 58% of the total budget.
Does it really cost this much just to translate?

No, they are lying

It uses overly complex language and is one of the longest VNs made, so yeah getting it translated is no easy or cheap task.

>is one of the longest VNs made
You mean Da Capo 3?

Da Capo 3 is very long but Dies is just as long if not longer

Most minimal price is 1 cent per japanese character for raw translation, so minimal cost to translate DI would be around 18k USD to translator, 6k USD to editor.

>one of the longest VNs made
Longest VN - France Shojo, 5.51 MB.
Long VN - Amatsukaze, 4.34 MB.
"Can't even compete" DI - 3.26 MB.

wtf even is france shoujo
why is it so long

>Da Capo 3 is very long but Dies is just as long if not longer
I not that sure because DC3 had a patch with extra scenarios + 1 more route. But it's a pitty that TL wiki don't have the size of the DI script and DC3 (updated version) to compare them.

I assume you're using TLwiki which is not accurate since that's AF and not AA, also 3.26 mb is still a considerable amount (roughly 50-60 hours).

Are you including the side stories? Because they'll add something like another 0.5 Gb.

Translate? fuck no. Localize? Yeah I could believe it.
It shouldn't cost more than $45k to translate, this is including the pay for an editor as well as a scripter to ensure the translation can be properly inserted and ran without any notable issues.

Localizing is much more expensive since work needs to be done on the engine to allow it to work in other system locales, you need to find a seller to sell it, you need a payment processor (who probably also takes a small cut of any and all transactions that occur through them) then there's the licensing for the vn, possibly music if they used anyone outside of inhouse development.

>Because they'll add something like another 0.5 Gb.
Wut? What are you smocking, chuninerd?

If translators are paid by the hour, retranslating something like Muv-Luv and Muv-Luv Alternative costs almost 200k.

About to pull the trigger on this, what am i in for ?

You will see a lot of nice bouncy ti... eyes.