/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, December 27th:
1521 – The Zwickau prophets arrive in Wittenberg disturbing the peace and preaching the Apocalypse. Philip Melanchthon cannot silence them. Martin Luther is being held in protective custody at the Wartburg castle at this time. He is later released and is able, by his preaching, to regain the peace.
1831 – Charles Darwin embarks on his journey aboard the HMS Beagle, during which he will begin to formulate his theory of evolution.
1939 – Winter War: Finland holds off a Soviet attack in the Battle of Kelja.

>News
CK2 DD35: Who ordered these monks?
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-dd-35-who-ordered-these-monks.989846/

EU4 - 13/12
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-13th-of-december-2016.988299/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[HoI4] - Après Moi, Le Déluge
moddb.com/mods/apres-moi-le-deluge

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!TVA2RByJ!tuh0k4SR5gXPLtmxsMd4KZ0at9gY5s5_oV70ui8A4B0

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6.1 - 27/11/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V9
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=V-nSxFimoHg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

fuck off

grossmeksikaniums

Based

Nice event 18450

i have no idea what that is famalam

>not owning Florida
>not owning all land west of the Mississippi river
>not owning Columbia
6/10

grosspersiums

Fun Trivia:

The phrase "Achtung Panzer!", a phrase used as title to numerous board and computer games, is a phrase first popularly coined by Guderian in his book titled as such published in 1937.

This man was, for a large part, the mastermind behind the successful blitzkrieg tactics of Germany, especially in the low countries, France and Poland, then later in the opening stages of the invasion of Russia. With this in mind one can understand why this man was so opposed to having his spearhead on Moscow interrupted and his momentum killed to loop around the rear and encircle Russian front elements instead.

Bet most of you didn't know that, at least I hope so else I am wasting more time than I arguably already am. The more you know.

What's your favorite event? Mine is 16540.

Informative post: wargames don't belong in /gsg/.

The custom ones I made for comfy gameplay purposes

*tips hitler fedora*

but user, what he is playing is not a wargame, stop comparing what he is playing to the holiest of holies such as pic related, an actual wargame. The moment you are handling logistics production etc. it stops being a wargame.

W&B

SBTW

triggered?

Try to seize Leningrad to unlock the finish overpowered divisions, and avoid overstreching yourself too much because of the 1st winter rules. You will probably lose anyway, but that will help you anyway.

He could try to post in the right thread

ALRIGHT LADS

Since wargames are now allowed for some retarded fucking reason i will now be posting tib wors

Let's do a world conquest as Nod because that's the closest you can get to grossgermaniums edgelordery.

First, let's recruit a strike force..

I recently got Darkest Hour and I really liked to do manual trading in EU, but the trading in DH seems overwhelmingly frustrating as the AI never accepts my offers. Can you give me any tips for how to get better at this or should I just don't bother and let the AI trade for me?

Hoi3 is better
There's my tip

Ya, I want to get Leningrad ASAP. More immediately I don't want to fuck up the south by not linking up with Gypsie land.

I am also very much considering going with the ahistorical direct execution of operation Wotan, it is what my man Guderian wanted to do, and he was based as fuck.

What you must do is post in the right thread

If you don't bother with trading you are going to find yourself short on a bunch of "stuff" the moment you start claiming clay.

KR MULTIPLAYER WHEN

mods for hoi4 pls

i played as non-aggresive germany that only made revolts

I had three british empire vs great britain

two russian empires vs soviet union

lel

SECONDING THIS

I meant that I use the auto-trade option instead.

>implying that the true brain behind german tank operations wasn't that narcissistic fuck Manstein.

To be honest people say Hitler should've listened to his Generals, but wasn't the armoured thrust through the Ardenne into France an unpopular plan that only went through because of Hitler?

I find that the auto function does an adequate job at keeping the status quo, it however does a very poor job at preparing for war. This is true for pretty much all of their games though. If you play Germany in any of their games and do not manually stockpile oil, instead deciding to let the AI figure it out, you will have your tanks move lamo 1 province before your entire army is out of fuel.

That being said there is no reason to pour hours over minmaxing stockpile trading.

sometimes ya win sometimes ya lose

The problem was that he turned into a micromanaging fag later in the war and didn't let his generals do their work.

Plus he started killing or firing the more competent ones, I mean, if you're going to be a retard and kill competent members of your regime then do it AFTER you win the war not in the middle of it

At several points of the war, especially before 1942, Hitler often showed more common sense and tact than many of his generals. However, his belief in his own infability, paranoia, and obsession with tide-turning weapons and manouvers crippled the german army.

to be fair, I would be pretty paranoid after 40+ assassination attempts against me, ranging from plots from plebs to conspiracies from high ranking officers.

Since my full campaign will probs take over a week and since I have been posting about Guderian anyway, I decided to play the somewhat smaller scenario Road to Smolensk.

It also makes posting it here slightly less unwieldy.

wrong thread lad, /gsg/ isn't for wargames

By popular vote, Wargames were allowed to stay on this general, the lad can post his Gary Grigsby games.

Thanks r&i

Fuck off already please

OOB, on the left Army Group Center and on the Right Army Group North.

wrong thread lad, this thread isn't for wargames
go make your own thread

kekking hard, this guy getting ignored for days now by this Grigsby lad just posting right over him. How desperate for attention can one guy be.

Wonder where the WitP guy is, when he and this WitE guy post in tandem this guy must go through some anal pain hell.

sorry lad, wrong thread
You're looking for /trash/

It's not R&I, it's BIG_BENIS_IN_MY_ANUS

>implying R&I isn't BIG BENIS

Try avoiding the swamps this time, lad.

First time playing CK2, can someone explain to me why my granddaughter suddenly became independent after I made her queen of this scotland/wales/span blob? I was her liege before

ITALIAN WEAPONS OF WAR ARE QTs
Rarely they even work

Only an Emperor can be the liege of a King/Queen, dingus.

No.
t. german general
p.s. pls buy my memoirs

italians are cute
CUUUTEEEE

So I cant swallow all of Scotland in one war unless I'm an emperor. So now I should just try and claim it piece by piece?

i knew this looked familiar

You already have a Kinsman on the throne. You've achieved your goal.

Here an actual relatively historically correct map of what happened.

Guderian was sent south to assault/encircle Kiew before heading to Moscow via Orel.

I will be heading to Moscow via Borodino, which is more famously known to be the location of one of the deadliest battles during Napoleon's invasion of Russia.

youtube.com/watch?v=V-nSxFimoHg

this makes stalingrad seem kinda dumb for the germans to try to take so hard and for the russians to defend it so hard
what a pissing contest

>Stalin gets coupled by Zhukovs Junta
>Hitler gets couped by Guderians Junta
One day i will invent time machine and find universe with this outcome.

But I don't really own it, and the bitch hates me (rival). Does this count and winning Scotland? I'm used to EU Vic2 and HoI.

Capture her and force marry her to your oldest son.

>I'm used to EU and HoI
No surprise there.

>playing scandinavia
>allied with germany, spain, UK, ottomans
>we war russia
>germany and I occupy the entirety of russia
>gain estonia, ingria, karelia, novgorod
>my face when

Hey guys:DDD Been in this general a lot, for Christmas my grandparents got my EU4 and all the DLCs!!! Now we can finally play together lol, i will be looking forward to posting all of my screenshots here.Should be fun

kr multiplayer when

not soon enough

Would it work if I made her marry me instead?

Sure.
Worked for Habsburgs.

just like in my mongolian tapestries

Would prefer EU4 to wargames

Well my king died and now that bitch is my heir, if I changed inheritance laws and died would she then become Queen of it all?

Is latest HPM workable with the new V2 update? I don't know when the update was released as a beta, but I noticed today V2 just updated. Thanks.

Tea break was had, finally started on my first turn on the Smolensk campaign.

Take Brest with infantry divisions, then blast my tanks forwards to take one of the largest railwork hubs and push forwards south of Minsk.

Motorized elements used to secure the rearward elements of the railroads and simultaneously help with pocketing the Russian salient to the west.

Why is Argentina allowed to remain independent

Says 3.03 is latest non-beta 4 me

Do you remember how long ago it was that it updated to 3.03 for you?

Year or two ago?I run 3.04 Beta as the rest of us.

fucking lying cucks

>that camera

just let it happen

>Kim Jong Un's e-sports team

is it possible to gain accepted cultures in HPM?

I sort of mirror what I did south in the north. Open the border with infantry, pour in tanks to take important crossroads as far east as I can get, then secure the flanks with motorized.

Used elements of the 16th army to capture Kaunas to connect with the front (parts of this army were completely encircled for over 3 months during which time it was supplied by air).

Russian railroads differ from German ones, so I can't use these connections to resupply my armies immediately (or not efficiently anyway)

It works

Either through event or a custom event (inb4 Hitler fedora)

Some decisions do it for unions/nations.
Name some and il tell ya.

Wrong thread lad, thisbjsnt the wargames general

Actually launch the game

I am not sure, just thinking about playing as a minor with low pop, taking a neighbouring state and try whole game integrate it.

Assimilation is disabled for cored cultures so only migration of your cultures will work.

Why do you bother? He has been ignoring you since forever, nobody cares that he posts here, the mods don't care, the people who come here don't care. Only you seem to care, why? The game is grand strategy, you manage production, you manage clay, you manage military units, you manage partisans and recruitment of civilians.

You don't manage economy or politics, but that isn't a requirement for grand strategy.

Are the Grigsby games strategy? Yes
Are they grand? Yes

All you are doing is shitting up the thread. I honestly believe the only reason you bother is to get people like me to post replies like this one to satisfy some twisted need for attention. Negative attention is still attention.

TL;DR you are damaged goods user, more so than your average channer.

Unless thats pasta its really sad you are giving him (you)s

Best way to do that is to genocide them desu

holy shit bump
>thread was about to 404

>One incident that illustrated this occurred during the North African campaign when Montgomery bet Walter Bedell Smith that he could capture Sfax by the middle of April 1943. Smith jokingly replied that if Montgomery could do it he would give him a Flying Fortress complete with crew. Smith promptly forgot all about it, but Montgomery did not, and when Sfax was taken on 10 April he sent a message to Smith "claiming his winnings". Smith tried to laugh it off, but Montgomery was having none of it and insisted on his aircraft. It got as high as Eisenhower who, with his renowned skill in diplomacy, ensured Montgomery did get his Flying Fortress, though at a great cost in ill feeling.[165][166]

I wonder if that has anything to do with 1 shitter spamming anyone who doesn't post EXACTLY the game he wants you to post.

Honest to god, he just chases away good content and replaces it with none himself. Nobody posts HoI anymore for that reason as well, you only see "approved" shitmods.

Finally, a slavic containment zone.

Can that one guy who knows how to host KR MP please host KR MP?