Meets List: pad.riseup.net/p/datmeets
/dat/ Fap: zeemaps.com/map?group=1829299

>Community Links
Cart/o/graphy Map: zeemaps.com/map?group=1049739
/dat/ Stream Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/DailyAusfagThread/
Dickscord Server: discord.gg/013IDtABv9b2ChJO

>Guides & Information
/dat/ External PDF List: pad.riseup.net/p/datpdfs
/dat/ Recommended Cars: my.mixtape.moe/akuicw.jpg (embed)
RAA Used Car Checklist: raa.com.au/documents/motoring-buy-a-car-checklist

Previous thread:

List of people that can fuck off;
Falcunt
Jimmyshits

doesnt frame damage cost alot to fix?

never had that problem on my cars

>at the latest meet the new SA regulars went to his fucking house.
>i think all the SA guys from jimmys days are long gone from /dat/ too
Fucksake really? Leave the meme king alone already. No wonder the old SA cunts stopped going to meets.

>t. jimmy

It's a long story mate. A very long story.

Would love to hear the jimmy saga.

Fuck. Then gimme a minute, I'll make a big write up for future pasta and archives.

Cheers mate, appreciate it.

Pls

Saw one of these the other day on the road.

My god, muh dickkk

>VICE CITE

That's Driver, m8

Gottim.

>Drunk 3L of water and counting today
>Only taken a leak twice

This fucking weather I swear to me mum

I'm currently kicking back in South Bank and it's fucking humid as dogs balls

Long story short he was a dumb cunt neet who made various bad car choices which ended up in him putting 5L of oil into an astra which was already knocking and it threw a rod and burnt to the ground.

He got an Audi tt which apparently required a 13k transmission rebuild/swap

It's so fucking humid mate, i wanna go for a drive but i dunno if it's a good idea.

Not too humid where I am, bout 50%. But earlier on I was trying to sweep up the drive way and outdoor area and it was 37C. Put a 1.25L bottle of water in the freezer, got it out when it was nice and chilled and downed the entire thing in about two minutes.

Just stop mentioning, and replying to "he who shall not be named".
If everyone does this, everything will be ok. It's just the dumbass newfaggots we have to train up.
>Ducatti Drama
Surprising to see it anywhere but the workshop. Love bevel drive cams.

>it threw a rod and burnt to the ground.
Well, sort of. What actually happened was him and MX5anon went for a cruise with a jerry can of petrol, parked up on the side of the road, doused the car with petrol and lit it on fire for the insurance payout.

Don't have the photos myself, but there were a couple with said jerry can in the background.

Good driving weather indeed.

I've sucked back a few Coronas tonight so it ain't bothering me too much. I could go for a frozen coke bad

what's wrong with falcunt?
why are people so mean?

Roughly 3 or 4 years ago a new trip appeared called Jimmy Strings and he had a Ford Falcon AU. His posts were small and normal at first but he posted about himself a lot and blogged across /dat/ and eventually about the AU having issues.

The true meme story begins when he went looking for a new car and asked /dat/ about getting a Toyota MR2 SW20 with a fake VIN and unpainted bodykit. /dat/ told him not too but he wanted the MR2 badly. He bought it and was proud of it but /dat/ laughed and said he's fucked which he didn't believe. Soon the MR2 had issues such as a broken AC and a fucked alternator and then the speeding fines started. Jimmy then got a $1200 and lost his license for 6 months but purchased a bright blue Astra convertible against /dat/s advice once again. He tried desperately to sell the MR2 but eventually traded it to a wog for a BMW E39. He sold the MR2 a short while later since he didn't like the BMW. He then used the Astra for the time he had left before his license would be taken. The Astra then sat for 12 months before being used again, by which time it was having issues and Jimmy needed to sell it fast. But against /dat/ advice again, instead of selling the first Astra, he bought a second Astra for a $1000 bid on eBay. Two days before a /dat/ meet, he'd registered and insured the new Astra and wanted to take it to the meet. The new Astra had known issues but Jimmy never said what. The Astra subsequently caught fire while going 100kmph and Jimmy pulled over and dove out of the car before it was fully engulfed in flames. The CFS showed up to put it out and as insult to injury, he was asked infront of other /dat/ members it the Astra was his girlfriends car. The event was well covered by anons at the meet and pictures and webms soon followed.

Part 2 about the Audi coming soon. I forget the exact time frames but Jimmy lost his license twice and had 3 speeding fines.

Lad, I was there. It threw a rod, we found it up the road

wrong. the thing had bad oil leaks and jimmy had to keep topping the cunt up. he did it like a shitcunt and spilled oil all over the exhaust manifold and it caught fire.

What is it about Veeky Forums that attracts complete retards and trips that were kicked out of /k/?

kek
>The CFS showed up to put it out and as insult to injury, he was asked infront of other /dat/ members it the Astra was his girlfriends car.
my fucking sides
and so the legend of jimmyshit lives on
because we're all normal people on this website /s

He doesn't actually know anything about anything, and is quick to offer "helpful advice" on a subject/vehicle he's never had anything to do with, based on nothing more than Veeky Forums based rhetoric in order to help him feel as though his e-peen is bigger.
Basically, he wants to be worshiped, so he targets people he feels know even less than him in order to sound smart without considering how insidious his "helpful advice" may actually be. He'd be alright if he didn't pretend to know everything.

Just got my blacks, my 98 corolla has finally died on me too.
What kinda car should I get?
I kinda liked the corolla because I could feel like I'm driving fast and hit corners hard without feeling like I'm gonna die. When I drive my dads commodore it just feels big and sluggish, and I have to slow down loads at corners so I don't slide.
My friend is selling his 99 GT forester turbo, I was thinking about that but I'm not sure, any advice ?

lol you got your knickers in a knot over me

what makes you think i give the slightest shit what happens on this board?

Let alone what some faceless user thinks

No, there was a sizeable hole in the block and shattered rod. I'll grab the pic later

Fuck, I fucked up a bunch in here.

>Jimmy then got a $1200 fine and lost his license for 6 months
>He sold the MR2 a short while later since he didn't like the BMW.

>My friend is selling his 99 GT forester turbo, I was thinking about that but I'm not sure, any advice ?
Any pics or info beyond
>muh mates x
When in doubt go on dumbtree and post some links here

Falcadores are hard to kill, you on your blacks?

>CFS showed up to put it out and as insult to injury, he was asked infront of other /dat/ members it the Astra was his girlfriends car
TOO GOOD

>3 or 4 years ago
Holy fuck I feel old

Actually, this summary really reminds me of just how fucked the guy is. He shouldn't even have a license. He keeps on buying these awful, awful cars and whinges about having no money. He spent pretty much an entire year in these threads posting shit like "jimmy died" and "jimmy is kill" as an user. I actually suspect he might have a case of clinical retardation.

what if he's posting right now?

oh god

get a NA auto supra.

Hear me out. It's the exact same chassis as the turbo, with the differences being...

>Brakes
>Engine
>Diff
>Transmission

All of these can eventually be replaced when you have money and you'll have a turbo supra!

It's something you can build up over time and make really good with some nice work.

Just saying it as it is, although it seems I might have struck a cord given the quick reply and claims of "I dun care wot yall think".
If you weren't a fuckwit overcompensating for being a friendless NEET IRL, you might be alright. Hell, there's plenty of other friendless NEETs here that don't feel the urge to overcompensate.
>talking about and replying to "he who shall not be named"
I've already broken enough rules tonight.

Why don't all us friendless neets meet up and become friends?

Seems like such a simple solution.

Quite a bit of wear on the boot door, I know he just paid something around $1400 repairing something engine related but I can't remember off the top of my head what.
Only problem is I would want it to be quieter.
205,000kms

I used to have a chunk of the block somewhere, seem to have lost it though

i said i dont care about what faceless anons like you think

You could be jimmyshit himself for all i know

or moog

i take what happens on here with a grain of salt since its such a miniscule chance ill ever go to a /dat/ meet let alone meet any of you in the real world
>Green P's
worry

Take it to a trusted mechanic and actually make sure its not going to fucking blow up

post when you have more info

have you driven it yet? If not do so and report back

shit to look for

>No power
>no brakes
>slipping trans
>oil leaks
>oil use
>P plater N drops and broken CV joints
>weird noises
>condoms
>Veeky Forums
>me
Disclaimer: I am talking out of my ass, do not take anything Veeky Forums says seriously whether it is said in good intentions or not, always take your car to a trusted mate or mechanic.

>I could go for a frozen coke bad
That's why I've got a bottle of vanilla coke in the freezer right now

>condoms
lol make sure there isn't any human slime or pubes in there marty

Part 2 | The Audi TT

Jimmy then decided to buy another new car despite still having the original Astra convertible, which was fucked, but driveable. He decided on a wagon this time and found a few potentials, including a Subaru wagon for only $2000, well below the value for the car. /dat/ said not to do it but Jimmy did it anyway. The Subaru soon developed issues such as duping its oil and smoking on the second day of owning it. At this time he also still owned the original Astra. He then sold the Subaru for far less than he paid for it. He decided on a bigger budget of $12000 of tax payer money to buy an Audi TT in classic Jimmy blue, while still having the original Astra convertible. He eventually sold the Astra and has been driving the Audi ever since.

>He spent pretty much an entire year in these threads posting shit like "jimmy died" and "jimmy is kill" as an user
He did that when he didn't have his license. I'll revise the story and put it in a pastebin,

I'm sort of hoping that he doesn't hang around anymore.

That Jimmyshit stuff went on for quite literally a year. An entire fucking year where half of all posts in /dat/ was shit like "JIMMY IS KILL".

>t. moog
i must admit their earlier videos where stangely watchable but when they blew up and became mega popular in 2012 they turned into complete shit.

I cant belive they are shilling for NRMA

they (nrma) raked me over the coals fuck them to death

i know AAMI is expensive but they paid out no problem and are a breeze to deal with
Roadkill > dogshit > MCM
i remember, i didnt go near Veeky Forums for basically all of last year and half way through this year

your doing g/o/ds work

>He did that when he didn't have his license.
Yes, we managed to figure that out after a while... but just like, why? Why waste so much time being an annoying shitposter online?

I get it, Falcunt just is an annoying shitposter. It's innate to his very soul and character. But Jimmy actually started out here somewhat normal.

He still lurks here, he posted an invoice with parts blacked out a while back as an user claiming it was for a Commodore but anons looked up the parts numbers and found they were VAG/Audi parts, some specifically for a TT. That JIMMY IS KILL shit was really fucking stupid too but expecting anything but that from Jimmy is a mistake.

Only pick up an old GT Forester if you're willing to throw a fuck ton of cash at it or if the previous owner has thrown a fuck ton of cash at it (and not on sick mawds, just proper maintenance). If it doesn't have a full service history since day 1 I wouldn't touch it.

>I know he just paid something around $1400 repairing something engine related but I can't remember off the top of my head what.

Chances are that's just the routine 200,000k service, good chunk of that is the timing belt being replaced. Services aren't cheap.

200,000 - 250,000 is when most GT's suffer catastrophic failures that aren't economically viable to fix, if you do buy it fully expect to have to replace either the engine, gearbox or clutch...or all three.... in the next 50,000k's

With that said I love my GT and plan on keeping it until at least 400,000k's

>I get it, Falcunt just is an annoying shitposter. It's innate to his very soul and character.
u kno it mate have a rare ausjak

I had no idea he was that retarded...

>underestimating the jimjam
He was fucking retarded. I don't blame him for detripping and laying low

i guess i dont look so bad now huh

i told you all along jimmyshits was a absolute dickhead and its why i couldnt stand him since i first got here almost 6 bloody years ago

I can barely remember back when he first started posting since it was years ago but he was pretty obviously a bit of an autist. He just seemed to get more comfortable letting it out as time went on.

we all do that from time to time.

the difference is he's fucking obvious as all fuck.

on a lighter note my local race shop opens next week so hopefully we can get a box ordered and go from there.

i knew the 4l60e grenading meme when i bought the car, pretty much budgeted for it ages ago.

Any actual carfags on here know how much roughly its gonna cost in parts?

a decent reco box + stally is like $1500+ shipping as far as i can tell.

i used to be fairly normal before i discovered this fucking site and my real life started fading away long before i got here.

I kinda like this place though not many web 1.0 sort of sites like Veeky Forums that actually stay the same.

Only thing thats changed is a newer shittier admin and more retarded posters.

even the fucking ui is almost 100% the same

i guess this place is only comfy for weird/o/s like us

he wasnt subtle about it though. other trips are go unnoticed but jimmy was painfully obvious. that jimmy is kill bullshit didnt help either.
didnt he also make some retarded t shirt with that phrase on it and go to meets wearing it?

>didnt he also make some retarded t shirt with that phrase on it and go to meets wearing it?
hahaahah fucking cringe brb going on my mobile and a fap

He was the one who went fully autistic over the guy with the 318i that crashed in the hills, demanding that he post pictures of the damage.

He was also the one that raged like a mouth breather at Bridgestone for seemingly no reason at all, called him a cunt among various other things. We later found out that it was because Bridgestoned refused to give him free weed. Suspect it's the main reason why Bridgestoned doesn't hang out here anymore.

Lastly, Jimmy is the guy who always rages about the guy with the Lexcen. So he still hangs around occasionally.

Are you sure? Him and 318iguy were irl buddies

Also Bridgestoned lost his license a while back for driving high, that's why he doesn't post anymore

Rip our weedy friend

this. he kind of hated everyone from /dat/. i dont know why he hated 318 and bridgestoned though, they were both chill guys.

Please continue with the Jimmy stories this shit is much funnier than the stale MCM memes

>The Subaru soon developed issues such as duping its oil and smoking on the second day of owning it
don't forget the fucked CV joints

That sucks Ive driven drunk and high so many times with no problems guess I was really fucking lucky.

Been sober for over a year except for Xmas day and probably new years

FUCK OFF

Or you could just save your money and buy a good twin turbo manual one in the first place instead of wasting it on a dodgy non turbo automagic one

Apparently not. Jimmy went full autism at that 318 guy for not posting pictures of the crash immediately. 318 posted a few hours after the crash and was going to post pics but saw the posts and said he wouldn't just to spite Jimmy.
After that we got to deal with almost a month of Jimmy sperging at 318 for photos.

He also sperged hard at Bridgestoned for a full YEAR calling him a cunt all because he didn't get free 420. This is all probably why the old SA cunts don't even post or go to meets anymore.

i'm only suggesting it because he does not have 30 grand to buy a quality one with no problems.

he can pick up an auto for 5k with a bit of haggle and pour the money in over time.

sure, it will suck to start but get better over time and since the chassis is identical, eventually it will become a full fledged one.

The Liberty also needed CV joints and the brakes overhauled too.

>when he asked about buying the cheapest rotors he could find of eBay

what the fuck is wrong with this guy? does he hate himself and hate everyone else? does he get off on being a retarded prick?

The only person that would have been that autistic over images of 318 guy's car after being crashed would be Jimmy. Two weeks of "fuck you just post the fucking pictures of the car you cunt".

What always struck me as odd about Jimmy is that he would be really friendly with people and then go full autist and decide that he doesn't like them anymore, and slag them off on Veeky Forums.

He was just a shitposter, good guy irl but goes hard when on the chans

how do i redeem 3 supercheap gift cards without looking like a tosser

Just walk in and use them. The cunts are used to it in the holiday season

you mean pretended to be nice irl and then turned to full cunt on the interwebs like an internet tough guy.
he was too pussy to ever say any shit to anyones face.

Can't really say "he's a good guy" if he's semi-normal IRL and then pretends to act retarded on the internet for attention.

>turning jimmy discussion into self validation
Fuck off m8 no one cares how long you've been here
>complains about jimmy blogging
>hits us with a blog
>stale mcm memes
Which you keep bringing up and blogging about that you hate moog

Go to bed you fucking autists

I meant came off like a good guy. Besides the cringy jimmy is kill shirt and horrendous car he seemed fine.

Right, I just remembered, also in the car fire was a brand new $300 amp and 150 dolla battery, fucking retard. Very likely worth more than the astra considering he got it off an eBay auction

Nsw isn't the only state retard

That is such a dumb fucking idea, mate. Once you've wasted 50k converting a 5 grand car into a wannabe 30k car (keeping in mind when you sell it, you'll be lucky to get 2/3 of a stock TT), you'll realise what a piece of shit dragqueen the supra is.

There's much shitboxes to do up with a budget of 5k.

>Besides the cringy jimmy is kill shirt and horrendous car he seemed fine.
again, when you turned your back, he'd talk shit like a cunt. my guess has always been he gets really embarrassed at his own misfortune and stupidity and has to lash out at others to feel better.

God yeah. I can think of a few memes aimed at me that he started. I always just put it down to a random user but it's all starting to make sense now

Jeez relax jimmy

Hold up a moment, who are you? MX5anon? MC22 guy?

MC22 user, mx5anon hasn't been around in a long time.

Shame as well, loved his E24 and goon powered mx5

I thought all you SA guys had left a long time ago? What was Jimmy and the other guys like?

are you fucking stupid?

how is it going to cost 50k if you do it yourself?

transmission, 5k
engine, 4k tops with everything
intercooler, 1k
brakes off a turbo, 2k
trd diff, 2k

do it yourself, shop around for parts and there is no fucking way you'll spend 50k.

also, supra is shit at drag races?
confirmed fucking moron.

Oh, fair enough. I do remember you being the butt of the joke in terms of having a baby face.

Not that guy, but you sure sound either fucking stupid, or you've never had anything to do with such a conversion in your life.

Of the older SA guys jimmy is the only one I've met, and positem8 I guess but he never tripped and shit.

Jimmy came off nice but I hated his guts on here. Jimmyshits drove me up the wall,had a hot car though.

Nah, that's completely fair, I get that from everyone. It was the 8roper stuff and people stealing my "name" to make dick sucking posts I was referring to.

confirmed for never having built/converted a car. The big costs are in the small stupid shit you dont account for when planning a build (granted 50k is excessive but your figures are way off in the real world). not to mention the fucking thing will be off the road for at least a few weeks so you'll need alternative transport. Just buy a turbo one and be done with it, you'll spend that money anyway

How the fuck goes a LSD diff cost 2k? Holy what the flying spaghetti Mcfack??

God poopras are memes.

I know Veeky Forums likes to shit on dunnydore but the price of everything is literally 10x less and the earlier VN and vxs can turn

>had a hot car though.
lol

2k is pretty cheap in the scheme of things. A diff that connects to a motorcycle box for busa swaps runs up to 5k

>had a hot car though.

2k on my shitboxes would almost buy me another entire car.

Vx1s are like 3-5k and the LS1 models come std with LSD not just the SS or Calais.

They are seriously cheap and if user was seriously considering buying a poopra he should at least consider a folden commonwhore as a daily