Affiliate site

Hey
I just started affiliate site: mechanicalwatchesworld.com/

I have no idea what to do next. HEL!

Other urls found in this thread:

hellobar.com/referrals/accept?token=88622dba5d933aa0e0ef133bbb6c6e99
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The site looks good, its a bit too clustered though. When you scroll through there is too much info imo.

Also for the love of god get a better logo.

Now you Invest in ads.

AP and JLC collector chad here...
CLose this disgrace down.

Wow this site looks hella scammy.
Work on your layout.

Top left sidebar images are insanely big. Typical newb error. If you are displaying a 100x100 px image, you don't use a 1000x1000 px original.

>ching chong watches
ishygddt

Is there any way you can completely integrate the aliexpress payment process onto your own site? Being redirected to another site to pay for an item would really make me think twice before giving my payment details.

Looks to me like you're almost doing a mix of dropshipping and affiliate marketing, but you're getting the worst of both worlds.

Dropshipping is useful because you can order cheap products from Aliexpress and charge people a lot more for them on your site. The profit margin can be whatever you decide, but the downside is it's all Chinese stuff and shipping takes forever, so people may be hesitant to buy.

With affiliate marketing, you can be an affiliate for any company. The downside is commissions can be pretty low depending on the items and the program.

I don't see the point of affiliate marketing for Aliexpress products. It would be much easier to be an affiliate for a more well-known and reputable brand like Amazon, who ship quickly and people trust.

If you want to promote Aliexpress products, you might as well just open your own store and process all of the transactions. If you want to stick with affiliate marketing, pick a known and trusted US-based brand. Hell, you could even become an affiliate for luxury watches. 4-10% commission on watches that cost thousands would be good money. You just need to know how to drive traffic.

how do you drive traffic?

This is the biggest challenge. So far, I only have experience with Facebook Ads and Instagram Influencers. Facebook Ads can be very profitable, but it takes trial, error, and money to find the most profitable target audience to market to. But once you get a good campaign going in terms of ROI, you can usually scale up pretty easily.

With Facebook, you can keep ads running indefinitely and they are always being shown to new people. With Instagram, you pay around $50 for an influencer to shout you out, then they'll put up a post for a few hours. Some pages do 24hr shout outs, but it's not always worth it to pay extra for that because after about ten hours people usually stop noticing the post anyway. And you need to keep finding new pages to do shout outs on because people from one page might get bored of seeing your ads. To sum it up, Instagram seems useful for sporadic ads every now and then, while Facebook is more long-term, structured and scalable. Targeting the right audience on Facebook is more challenging though, in my opinion.

There are free ways to drive traffic, like having active social media accounts or making YouTube videos. There's also SEO optimization, which gives free traffic from Google searches but you have to know how to rank high on search, which is challenging. This is what I know off the top of my head, but there are always new free tricks to discover if you're creative.

My source: Experience. I started an online dropshipping store a few weeks ago and I'm at $709 in sales. However, product fulfillment is about half that, and I've spent at least $500 advertising on different platforms, so it's not profitable yet. I'm trying to get into affiliate marketing now, so I don't have to deal with product fulfillment. I'm also experimenting with free traffic methods, but nothing noteworthy to report yet. Paid traffic is usually instant and you can experiment with lots of different tactics, but be prepared to lose money at first.

Interesting. I find this to be the toughest part of online business. At least you've made money.

Have all your sales come from your intended demographic or is it random?

Most came from my intended demographic. It takes a while to optimize your targeting though. Say for example, you're selling basketballs. With Facebook Ads, it's not as simple as just showing your ads to people who like the general interest of basketball. You can do that, but it's so broad that you'll probably fail. You often have to find something specific, like a certain basketball fan page or magazine, then narrow down genders, age ranges, even mobile vs desktop users. It takes time and money. Luckily with Facebook, once you find a winning target audience, you can use Facebook to automatically find similar audiences. Right now my most profitable audience is actually a Facebook-generated one based on info gathered from people who have already visited my site. But my big problem in the beginning was dumping a ton of money into ads without testing the market first.

Hey man, that is actually pretty cool.

Couple of things I want to mention:

1. You're selling junk quartz watches. It's a little confusing and offputting to be honest. The domain caters to legitimate watch enthusiasts expecting a catalog of decent pieces but then it's just a bunch of Chinese trash from Alibaba. I would consider maybe a more general domain name since these are literally the furthest thing from mechanical watches.

2. Since you're dealing with pleb watches, you need to dumb the site down a bit and make some categories. Hunting/Outdoors watches, sports watches, diving watches, etc.... since you'll be catering to people that don't know shit about watches and this is how they shop

I think you would be better off partnering with some pre-owned dealer or entry level watch dealer (Invicta, Fossil, etc...) like the Watchery and promoting these brands instead since people are actually familiar with these.

Marketing strategies should really depends on what is being sold. Do you sell random stuff from Aliexpress?

amazing your going to be a millionaire in no time with that site

top kek

I don't know a lot about watches but this is the first impression I get from the site: Scam.

All these watches look like knock-off brands and although I suppose these are legal, I wouldn't order these from an unknown seller.

you need a facebook like button it will make it look more legit sign up to hello bar and start using it asap.
p.s its my affiliate link if you didnt guess i need the month free :)

hellobar.com/referrals/accept?token=88622dba5d933aa0e0ef133bbb6c6e99

you also get a free month by using my referral so its win win mate

Have you demolished the site yet ?
At least sell budget eta Swiss watches ...
Anyone who wears one of your " timepieces " would probs need therapy , not to be cruel user but you need to figure out the same way to sell better product