How much was your car?

>How much was your car?

>What's the max you would spend to buy a car and what would you aim to get?

(within limitations of your current lifestyle/job etc OFC)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/nctH3JPY05M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

None of your business you disgusting degenrate

$10300 a few months ago

This is pretty much what I wanted. It has just about zero electronics and other stuff that could go wrong, it has 102hp which is just fine for my use and it has a good aftermarket. This is the car I want and I'd probably get even if I had a better paying job

you overpaid

Did I? I wasn't aware

Please elaborate

>2007 Ford Mustang GT 49,000 miles
>$15000

>180,000
>Used: Gallardo
>New: 911 turbo

>How much was your car?
£8.5k
2/3 annual income, and best car I could afford in that limit. Probably another Ford, considering they have the ergonomics I like, and the heated front windscreens I need.

> 102HP
What the fuck. My hatchback has more than that.

>$10300
You can't be serious

>How much was your car?
1€ because handed down from grandpa, but you can't transfer the papers without a bill of sale, and you can't make a bill of sale for less than 1€ for whatever reason in Germany.
8000€ give or take, rather take. Originally planned to get a Lexus GS300 a bit ago but went on the lookout for a while and couldn't find any satisfying examples in reasonable distance because they're rare here, so instead I'm now looking for a Volvo 850 or first gen V70 to buy in January. T5 or R preferable but I'll take decent condition over more power.

Its a 13 year old diesel truck

Welcome
to
Norway

LOL

$30K
Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited
Paid Cash
It's our winter beater / Home Depot / DD (for now). We're keeping it.

I want something else fun, but nothing appeals to me. My budget is $55K. Everything in this range has a "yeah, but xxxx" problem with it.

$18k with 54k miles because egr was fucked. Dealer probably knew it and wanted to keep me coming in for repairs. Egr delete fixed that.
Has 126k miles now and it's probably worth the same give or take.
I'd probably spend nothing over $20k again.
Not my truck in the picture, but it's the same thing.

I don't have a car right now, got a DT 125 I paid like £830 for
I'm doing my test soon and I'm looking at Volvo 340's around £1500

I would pay £9000 to get a new Lada Niva

DT 125 R whoops

Nice

My old DTX

Clean bike user

Mine's a little shoddy but it's fun, gonna put a DEP expansion chamber on it soon

Love my DR650 (modded)

Everyone should have a dual sport (or SM) in their garage somewhere, if for nothing else than The Happening.

I always preferred the top kick you got from the DEP over the Gianelli exhaust. Unfortunately didn't get one for my bike, which was just stock & derestricted

Whatever you do; don't get the 170cc from Athena. I've tried it out and the bike got a bit more top speed, but it felt so much more lazy

It'll probably be a definite choice for the DEP, a lot of people had major issues with the Big One pipes and some others for rust etc

I need a servo kit for the power valve too, mine is pinned open atm

Heated front windshield is the best thing that Ford ever made
>winter
>snow and ice on front windshield
>sit in the car
>crank it up
>put windshield heating on
>after about 5 mins
>click the wiper
>feelsgoodman.png

98 wrx $2700 140k kms
98 r34 $4000 107k kms
96 corolla free 320k kms
id spend as much money as i need to to get the car i want, i make around 67k per year, 24 y/o new zealander

500 dollars. Finally got into the trade I've been trying to get in so I'm waiting for the car to die and I plan buying a newer 535d.

>has just about zero electronics

>Norway
Are pickups rare in Norway or something? What the fuck man $10k for a rusted out compact is insane

1997 Geo Tracker 4x4 w/ 114k, $2000
Add new wheels/tires + small lift, $1000

Happy camper... Literally.

2003 VY Commodore with 300,000km
$2000

I could only afford something up to about $8k at the moment (uni student, wouldn't take a loan)
But I'd have no problem buying a brand new car under $100k is I had a stable job.

No more than I would throw away on any other expense. 70k income and I'd still keep around 5k total cost for a car.

2/3 annual income on a car

Woah there boy.

Also aussie and surprised a fellow uni student has this kind of financial outlook

I have an internship at the moment, making about $800 a week from it. Hopefully that will lead me into a nice job.

$30k & $4k. I already have the car I want so I guess $30k was the max.

>How much was your car?
$3000 in 2004 for a 1979 Trans Am

>What's the max you would spend to buy a car and what would you aim to get? (within limitations of your current lifestyle/job etc OFC)
$3000, a 1979 Trans Am
If I had to choose something else, I guess a 1987 IROC-Z for $10k or under. I am a man of simple pleasures.

No ABS, no ESP or ASP and so on. Its nor a '68 F-series but you catch my drift

Anything with plates is expensive. Cars are expensive so they deappreciate slower than in other places, with pickups and SUVs staying in value the best, with the Hilux and LandCruiser being the best.

I paid a very fair price on it for being here

The cabinet I keep my plates in was pretty cheap. They don't have cars on them, though.

Realistically I could afford to buy a porche or something, but I instead drive a clap trap dodge ram 1500 from the 90's.

15 wrx paid 26k cash cause I wanted to get something that was more fun than my old used s10 that I got for 2k from a nun.

6.5k cash for a 13 cbr 600rr with 250miles that the guy just let sit around and rarely rode.

If I wanted to get a loan I could swing a 45k car but that just seems like to much money to me

$900
>1994 Pontiac Firebird Base 3.4L V6 with 201,564 miles on it with paperwork for a rebuild at 176K.

$5500 for a nice Trans Am WS6 (another 4th gen) or a good ~1970s Trans Am.

Shit, forgot the pic

Pic 1/2

Pic 2/2

I know that pic. Did that lockout instructions pic help you out? Did you even have a go at breaking into your own car?

I succeeded after a few minutes of messing with it (just to see if I could), so if I ever fuck up and get locked out I'll be able to. Thanks though, I saved the pic and can use it later if needed.

Once you know how to do it. It's laughably easy to break into cars. Sometimes I wonder why even lock it

Around here trucks like that go for $2,000 at most.

Where I live there's so much snow that you can't wipe it off. Clicking the wipers will just have them do nothing under the huge weight. Feels bad

youtu.be/nctH3JPY05M

My current car was 17k brand new, 14 years ago. It was purchased for me.

I want to buy a hybrid for around 17k now that I'm an adult and need something that attacks the stop-and-go commute traffic problem, but I haven't decided on which one and honestly don't care because my car isn't dead yet. I want to buy used as I think buying new just to have a "new car" to impress old people is stupid, and I don't really want to spend more than 17k because more than that would eat into my savings too much and I'm trying to save for a down payment on a house.

>Its a 13 year old diesel truck
Even worse. My old car had 150hp in a 1.6 petrol engine.

> Start car
> Turn on windscreens
> Scrape windows in ice
> Shove any snow off
> Scrape side windows
> Set off
> Use wipers to remove ice
It's not the best car, but it's a great DD year-round, and handles well enough to not be boring when hooning.

>2/3 annual income on a car
>Woah there boy.
That's the absolute maximum for list price. The plan is to save for a few months beforehand to have a big deposit, pay the car off in three years, and drive it for a few years afterwards, trouble-free and payment-free.

>Currently making $800/week
>Would consider spending up to $100k on a car with a stable job following graduation

I hope you're in medical, finance or law. A job paying less than $150k/year would make buying a

>0$
>02 Malibu

>35000$
>2015+ Mustang GT

>2008 Ford Mustang GT 49,000 miles
>$15,000

Ha! One year newer, suck it!

Probably do. Eurocuck prices, keep in mind.

Diesel is more about torque than hp