Why does Veeky Forums hate Lincoln?

Why does Veeky Forums hate Lincoln?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8QEAA94FjHc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

fwd shouldnt exist on any luxury platforms

American brands have a track record of lazy rebadges of garbage pile economy cars and selling them at an incredible markup. Even when they're not a rebadge they take an overwhelming amount of parts from the common bin. GM are a particularly bad offender in this regard. The Escalade is literally a reskinned Silverado with a cargo hatch and some extra doohickeys.

>audi
>bmw
>porsche
>vw
you can replace "American brands" in your sentence with any one these

Not a single new Lincoln has a V8

>>porsche
>>bmw
ur dumb

I really can't because Porsche barely use any VW parts and BMW have nothing to do with VAG.

Veeky Forums loves classic Lincolns; just ask about them in /ccg/ and see.

I'm presently using a 2012 Lincoln MKZ at work and I'd much rather be driving my '66 Imperial.

what a retard you obviousley didn't even came near driving an escalade

bread on hood

Applies to god-tier classics too, not just brand-new.

Even VAG doesn't do such a shit job such as marking a crown vic as a Lincoln by just swapping out the badges and grill.

They at least significantly upgrade the interior and offer better features such as in the GTI vs. A3.

Name one car made by BMW that is literally a reskin of another one of their cars.

have you been inside a cayenne?
in an entry level audi you can kinda tell that its a vw (anything cheaper than an a4 and the tt)

I'm at work; at a funeral home. We don't have bread.

BMW x1 uses mini countryman platform

The instrument cluster is virtually the same from a Gallardo to a Golf.

Actually the Mini Countryman uses the X1 platform.

And, yes, I realize that you meant a picture of my Imperial, but I took the company car today because I'm on call. On my nights off, I take my personal cars.

no
even the a4 uses a different gauges

yet a prettied up, beefed up, better suspension escalade is haram to you guys? lol, cherry picking as fuck

forgot image

i didn't shit talk GM
but a 100 (one hundred) percent increase in price is not really worth the beefed up interior
i'd rather buy a tahoe and spend the rest on black ices

The LCD screen in between the tach and speedo is the same, bitch.

The tacj and speedo are probably the same, just with different fonts.

I targeted Ford in my post, not GM. GM used to be really bad about rebadging cars but have really moved away from it.

Ford is fucking awful about. The only vehicle in the Lincoln lineup based on a non-ford platform is the new Continental. Every Lincoln is some nice looking ford fusion or escape.

>MKZ
ford fusion

>MKC
ford escape

>MKX
ford edge

>MKT
ford flex

>Navigator
Ford expedition

Because it's pseudo luxury that's barely any better than their "platinum" ford counter parts. Same thing with Acura

the a4 has that virtual cockpit(?) lcd
the golf has that tiny flipped rectangle

Virtual cockpit is a brand-new 2017+ optional feature.

Coincidentally, it is now available on the Golf too...

this is a good thing. more center console space. shifters are a complete fucking waste of space, they aren't even connected to anything anymore.

oh damn i didn't know
well something like this is somewhat justifiable,how better can it get from vw to audi to porsche?

It can't. I think it's pretty neat.

Just saying some customers might like more differentiation. Most might not care.

ah my bad. i agree though, im just being a devils advocate.
yeah thats terrible but supposedly new gen moves far from it

I'm getting an MKZ next tho

Ford insists on keeping them alive as their luxury flagship brand, but they have nothing to offer and fwd isn't luxury.
Basically, they're just selling overpriced shit.

They're JUST rebadged Fords. They're just phoning it in with more leather and sound deadening.

Even Audis have significant differences from VWs.

Because all current Liconln sedans share the same platform as the Ford Fusion. Even the Continental uses an extended version of the CD4 platform. Wikipedia says that the 2017+ Explorer and Flex even use it, but I'm skeptical of that.

I'd much rather have the jag-style knob that the facelifted Fusion has desu.

The Navigator was the last one to have a V8, and it's better now without it.

The Fusion is pretty nice these days. I'd rather save money and get a loaded fusion than an MKZ though.

>The Navigator was the last one to have a V8, and it's better now without it.

Not according to sales, reliability and resale value. Reviewers even mention the shit engine sound.

All lincolns have the knob

Getting a digital anything on a VW. Hope people don't like knowing how much gas they have or what speed they're going.

Is that supposed to be a feature? I wish they offered the analog gauges as an optional extra, maybe in a ''sport chrono'' meme package

Modern Lincolns are cucks, the almost 6 meter one in 1979 is still my favourite

Long car is long

It's not 1999 anymore

Also wide which makes it even cooler

Outdated, boring, obsolete car design. They make unattractive, overpriced cars. The front grilles on most of their shit are especially trash.

That said, the Navigator is pretty damn comfy if you happen to know someone who owns one. I imagine the mpg is horrifying.

need we say more?

youtube.com/watch?v=8QEAA94FjHc

Not even 30 seconds in and admitting he had to get paid

the script is fucking horrible its so goddamn pretentious

most of us arent over 65

If Lincoln made a newer version of this, I'd buy it. Basically:

>low beltline
>lazy v8
>RWD
>squared-off A, B, & C pillars
>hood emblem
>bench seating with column shifter

That's just what it'd take for me to buy it

Doesn't count IMO. MINI has been using BMW stuff since they were bought.

Why did you posted Jaguar?

>Every Lincoln is some nice looking ford fusion or escape.
Wrong again...

MKS = Taurus.

>Platform is born with the luxury brand
>Is then used on lower end brand
Ermahgerd BMW rebadge things

>Every Lincoln is some nice looking ford fusion or escape.
This is because of recent history. Lincoln was basically starved of product in the 2000's in favor of spending money on the Premier Auto Group. Which makes sense with Ford pushing upmarket and Jaguar slotted above there's literally no room in the market for Lincoln without it cannibalizing sales.

Problem was, PAG was way too ambitious a plan and essentially bankrupted Ford just prior to the 2008 recession and all elements of PAG were sold off. At that point it became an all-hands evolution to save Ford itself and Lincoln was a mere afterthought. Only about 2012-2014 did Ford start spending money to begin the revival of Lincoln and you're just now seeing product the reflects that. The future should see increasing product differentiation between Ford and Lincoln products as the brand reestablishes it's place in the market and sales improve.