Pointless brands

ITT: brands that shouldn't exist anymore

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/FQopawPlBhw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

anything related to gm

>literally nothing left but econoboxes and cuckovers

That's one that I forgot about.

foreman needs a fancy pickup. leather very nice.
Great entry level luxury. Bargain for one or two years old. JDPower likes them.
Already dead dumbass.

>-Mitsubishi
Is reinventing itself with hybrid cars next year.

>Suzuki
AFAIK they still sell all around Asia.

they still make good cars

Chinks love buick

Suzukis are neat though, plus they still make decent bikes and boat engines.

>foreman needs a fancy pickup. leather very nice.

But the Chevys can have that too, they just need a different model name to indicate the higher tiers like Ford does.

>Already dead dumbass.

Lincoln is still in business and makes new cars every year

China likes Cadillacs too, just switch the badge

Suzuki makes motorcycles and recreation vehicles. Their cars/trucks are long gone, at least in the US

Sucks to be American I guess.

Nothing wrong with gmc at all.

Wow, how great it must be to be a yuropoor slob and have access to great cars like this

nothing relevant either

These POS's sadly keep multiplying like rabbits.

I don't even see the point anymore.

>muh "boxer" engine
>muh AWD
>muh rally championship wins from 15 years go
>muh CVTs

Gmc/Chevy a shit

I would be so excited to see Ford and Toyota go under and disappear forever and ever amen.

I just think the badge looks really aesthetic desu

Porshe>VW>Audi>Skoda

Suzuki is huge globally. They just never got a foothold in the US, so they just said 'fuck it'.

The cvt meme needs to die already

Skodas are perfectly fine cars tho, some are just badge-engineered VWs but others are different.

pic related

lol why tho, this thread is about brands that no longer offer anything

Or this.

That's because in developing countries, motorcycles and scooters are king and Suzuki is great at that. People are familiar with the brand and it makes sense for them to go from a suzuki scooter to a suzuki econobox

Lotuses are sold in the US

Skodas a good. Better choice than Naziwagens nowadays.

>this thread is about brands that no longer offer anything
Exactly. Ford, Toyota.

At least explain the point. Unless you're an FCA shill who can't stand success.

Only the pigfat Evora. The Elise was last sold in 2011 and won't be sold again until at least in 2020. And Lotus is only one of many examples. Meanwhile we can import all the American cars we want.

There's literally nothing wrong with cone transmissions

>Meanwhile we can import all the American cars we want.
If you pay up. Have fun with the insane gas prices, insurance, road taxes and yearly vehicle inspections.

>implying there's a difference between a "new" elise and one from 10 years ago

Lincoln actually has really impressive interiors. Grandfather just bought an MKX because he wanted a quiet highway cruiser and it fits the bill perfectly, much more than an edge in the same price range.

The interior on the new Continental is maximum overcomfy, too. Might consider buying one of those used in a few years as a family car.

They have so much money and do nothing with it. They're utterly useless as car companies, but wizards at sales generation. Thing is, I can't drive sales or advertizing campaigns- I drive cars; engineered cars. Toyota and Ford have so many production issues and recalls for the amount of revenue they pull in. It's unacceptable, they're bullshit companies straight up and down.

>Lincoln actually has really impressive interiors.
Found the resident shill. Always on guard to damage control and spin the argument.

The Continental is just a longer MKZ, which is literally a Ford Fusion

They have so much money and do nothing with it. They're utterly useless as car companies, but wizards at sales generation. Thing is, I can't drive sales or advertizing campaigns- I drive cars; engineered cars. Chrysler and GM have so many production issues and recalls for the amount of revenue they pull in. It's unacceptable, they're bullshit companies straight up and down.

>If you pay up.
American cars are cheap to begin with.
>insane gas prices
Yes, but not that much worse compared to European vehicles of similar size and power if available. I think it makes very little difference to fuel economy whether you drive a Corvette or BMW M5. Plus we're not forced to drive as far on a daily basis as Americans do, so it cancels out. And when in doubt there's still LPG.
>insurance
No worse than in the US while providing better coverage, unless you're a 20 year old with three wrecks on his record.
>road taxes
Not that bad, who cares about a hundred bucks more or less a year?
>yearly vehicle inspections
Biannual, and unless you're driving a literal shit heap that shouldn't exist on public roads anyway they're not an issue.

>useless as car companies, but wizards at sales generation

That's the point of a car company

>Thing is, I can't drive sales or advertizing campaigns- I drive cars; engineered cars

Yea your mom's Toyota Matrix that you drive doesn't live up to your sophisticated engineering standards

>tfw lotus's are legal and plenty of gas to go around where I live

feels good man

>VWs
That's the problem. They're not exciting or anything. They're just run of the mill. There's nothing special about them but they still break all the time. Just plain boring. This applies to every VAG brand except Porsche, they're perfectly fine. And there seems to be a gigantic attitude problem with VAG drivers but once again, Porsche (save Cayenne and Macan) seems to be the exception. 70% of VAG drivers are cocks.

>except porsche
straight busta

>That's the problem. They're not exciting or anything.

They're cheap and different, which is better than a lot of companies can offer.

SO McDonalds is also a car company? They have wicked sales. Either that or you're just dense.
>Toyota Matrix
I drove a Matrix once. It was such a piece of shit the accelerator pedal sounded like it was mounted to cardboard and used the springs from a mouse trap, it burned so much oil and was loud and the transmission was such a piece of garbage that refused to upshift on time and dropped a gear if you looked at it wrong. I could type an entire bestselling novel about how shit the Matric and Camry were Dont even get me started on Ford. You have to remove the alternator and waterpump housing to change the spark plug wires on an engine that gets 13mpg and makes no more than 230hp. What year were you born?
>inb4 but they're so much better than they were 4 years ago
tell that to the warranty engine replacement at both Ford and Toyota. Fords blew up because they're cheap, Toyotas brand new V6s are dropping valves and lunching engines, on top of class action oil burning lawsuits that continue to this day.

Completely agree on the first one. Maybe you can sell me on the second argument as well. What is it that's different about them?

pointless even among pointless supercars

>Audi R8s are better than Huracans
>Borrow equipment from VAG
>Zero innovation, just loud engines in bright colored cars
>no turbos
>no KERS-like or hybrid tech to compete with Ferrari/McLaren/Porsche
>always on fire

Yes I'm dense for saying car companies are in business to sell cars

>>no turbos
>implying this is a bad thing

>Zero innovation, just loud engines in bright colored cars
>always on fire
Keeping true to the Lamborghini tradition then.

>What is it that's different about them?
VW, while being a sales whore like the other big guys, at least continues to engineer their vehicles. They're not losers with no talent, like Ford and Toyota who need to jack tech from other companies to remain relevant. So, in that regard, they're different.

Idiot. A car company is in business to build cars, not just sell them. When selling becomes more important than engineering the product you're selling, then you know you're a shit company that needs to burn in hell.

I thought nissan just bought a huge chunk of mitsu?

Nissan is fucked. As long as renaiult and that jew faggot ghostn are still involved nissan is going to be shit. RIP Datsun era nissan

If I understand the VW brand tree, Skoda slots under VW. There aren't really any cheap AWD cars in the US like the Yeti and Octavia. The Superb Combi is kind of a neat alternative to a generic crossover

From texas

The Miura was innovative and the Countach at least redefined supercar styling.

I totally agree that, and now they're going to totally fuck mitsubishi as well, its only partly fucked atm..

>liking loud engines
>not liking WHOOSH sounds

Chrysler shill confirmed, too bad VW won't bail you out. You fucked up the Routan.

Why would VW bail out Chrysler they're in enough financial trouble as it is.

>A car company is in business to build cars, not just sell them

Yea companies worry about building as many cars as possible, not actually selling them

>not liking delicious naturally aspirated throttle response

The Countach may have redefined supercar styling, but it was still only a loud engine in a brightly colored wedge. Did that thing ever win a race?

Can't argue with that. Regarding (mostly comfort) features and such that they come up with by themselves, they are on top of their game.
But in this case it doesn't translate well into things like driving pleasure and uniqueness.

>wanting instant throttle response

when will this meme die, I want my car to make sure I meant to step on the throttle before responding

kek you sound like you have an inferiority complex.

Lol nah Im just really impressed with their interiors. Before he got the MKX we went around a carmax to just sit in cars and the only one we both were really impressed with was an ugly ass MKT.

>muh safety net
shit driver detected

Doesn't matter, the Aventador is not even desirable now that the big 3 halo supercars are out and about.

>not realizing that engineers have come up with solutions to turbo lag, such as belt driven turbos or regenerative pressurized air storage for instant spool.

Leave him alone. Only a mongoloid could possibly think biannual vehicular inspections are a bad thing.

>Im just really impressed with their interiors
You shills don't realise that normal people don't talk like this about struggling has-been brands that barely anyone remembers right now.

Check out that interior: obvious Ford looked at other higher-end cars and saw 'cool luxury car stitching craftsmanship'

So their answer is to jam mad stiches in really obvious places (like the airbag cover on the steering wheel? lol). This is Ford's style attempt, copy everyone else but ruin the idea by overcooking it.

>not changing your mind

>allowing the government to inspect your things for "your own good"

No, I'm allowing the government to inspect other peoples' things for my own good because I don't trust women and inbred retards with maintaining a car. Having my own car inspected as well is a price well worth paying.

This is not only a moderately important, but actually a vital factor of many for making the Autobahn Germany's safest road network instead of it being an anarchy zone or cucked with general speed limits.

t. butthurt honda fit driver

How many wrecks are actually caused by bad equipment versus caused by the person behind the wheel being moron?

Seem like a shakedown.

>belt driven turbo

That would make it a centrifugal supercharger. What cars come with centi blower from the factory?

I don't know how many, but the risk increases exponentially with speed. Bad brakes at 120 kph, chance of saving it somehow. Bad brakes at 220 kph, chaos ensues.

>Lincoln is still in business and makes new cars every year
shit my bad, thought that was an old Oldsmobile logo. My humblest of apologies.

Does that "belt" need changing after a certain period or mileage?
Ive got both yes and no answers but no car manual to refer to.

>No, I'm allowing the government to inspect other peoples' things for my own good because I don't trust women and inbred retards with maintaining a car. Having my own car inspected as well is a price well worth paying.

kek, wait until the government checks your mandatory GPS unit to see if you were speeding every 6 months for your own good and for other people's safety

>Oldsmobile

only old people buy Lincolns anyway xD

Just don't drive quickly or put many miles on it and it's perfect

I'd rather have Olds around than Lincoln.

>badge-engineeringmobile

DELET

>toyotas brand new V6s

yea.. the GR series engine is SOOOO new from 2002

GT350 > anything you'll ever own

>sameshill

So when is the Toyota Valve Spring Recall from and what engine series' are they for then?

Look at the Passat, and then look at the Superb.
For the love of god, I won't understand why somebody would choose the former over the later. Superb is superior in every aspect.
It also no longer is considered just large family car. It is an executive car.

>>no turbos
>>no KERS-like or hybrid tec

>Saab

That's why General Motors shall burn in hell. They stole all the patents, created that abomination, and then brutally murdered the brand just when it came up with the precious 9-5.

Those god damned jews

yea Lambo is nothing these days, everyone else is leaving them for dead

Wasn't the 9-5 just an Opel anyway?

The GT has already hit the streets

gm eternally btfo

youtu.be/FQopawPlBhw