/xivg/ - Final Fantasy XIV General

Why the fuck don't we have ffxiv anywhere in the title people search for ffxiv and nothing comes up and they miss this thread all the OPs step it up reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Edition

>Starlight Celebration (December 15th - December 31st)
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/2016/The_Starlight_Celebration/

>Free login campaign (December 1st - January 4th)
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/7f6f03825f75fdb71701f7ad9f68cbf4d8ab3bca

>Tokyo Fanfest (December 23rd - December 24th)
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/34e70073fb0a9d3f7059d05394abe5faf882f0a2

>Patch 3.45 Notes
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/c55a99e864094c0c7dfcbde0fa35bd9fda60dfcb

>Letter from the Producer LIVE Part XXXII and XXXIII
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/3ee28e9c3569e2c7be7212675e20a99641370d8d

>Stormblood Expansion Teaser:
youtube.com/watch?v=mAobb8_SzHY

>Red Mage Teaser:
streamable.com/25l4x

>Resources, Guides, Free Companies and Linkshells
pastebin.com/raw/YcEBGQWu

Previously on /xivg/:

Other urls found in this thread:

wired.com/2008/08/pandemonium-war/
ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/The_Rise_and_Fall_of_Gentlemen
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/friend_recruit/
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

frst

im making this with my bear hands

goodbye world

>163817489
Drawtrash is to be reported the moment it lays its avatarspam poorfag bait.

>tfw ywn love anyone as much as you did him

knight of ishgard seeking female voidsent to hit me in the head with various antique tea sets. Prior experience and good references a plus. pst.

Lets see them elezen waifus no ASTs allowed you smelly gypsies thx

hello

post the latest drama

Are enrage mechanics the worst decision to add to raiding? I am mostly fine with soft enrages like things in the environment getting destroyed or running out of room because of ground AoE, but this dumb gimmick off "The boss gets bored after 11 minutes and nukes the room" is cancerous design that really limits group composition and promotes artificial playstyles that the devs can't seem to balance around at all.

xth for Balmung is comfy

Hey guys. Sorry my tablet was broken but it's working again.

Batches of three as always.

ugly

I'm not gonna fight you...
I'm gonna kick your ass!

Whata handsome potato

Please?

That's unbearable.

The tea sets are too good for that.

when do voidsent use tea sets?
are you sure it wasnt a cat wearing horns?

who else here LOVES miqote males?!

Has anyone gotten anything good from the starlight boxes? I've literally gotten like all allagan bronze pieces I think.
M-Merry Christmas to you too, Yoshi

>new friend starts being really mean to me after a couple of days and stops asking to hang out or do stuff
Was nice while it lasted

falling for bait is my middle name

Our hero returns.

Tone down on selfiespam. Yes you transferred to balmung, soon you'll join a Veeky Forums fc, if you haven't already, and be encouraged to avatarshit even more. You're becoming a problem.

Honestly I'm dead tired of "balance" in general.

Its fun when some things are in season and some aren't. Being the underappreciated, maybe even shunned underdog sometimes is interesting versus everyone being capable of everything all the time. It makes the game feel more alive and like job choice main means a little more.

xXX163852554XXx
oh great another attentionfag trying to be born
report it like the rest

Yeah well that's like, your opinion man.
Pretty please?

The dumbest fucking retards.

Buying gf

I'm glad someone agrees, but it's pretty much entirely too force dps checks so people can't just wail on a boss for an hour until it dies

Hit 50 and finished the WAR story, time to see if the pre-expansion story stuff is as much of a drudge as everyone says. Is there anything else I should do as a fresh 50 other than the MS stuff?

post initials of somebody you love too much

xiv stole it from wow, it's nothing new in MMOs.

the point of enrage timers is that the fights are tuned to be doable within that period of time as long as you're not fucking up.

see also: wired.com/2008/08/pandemonium-war/

this merry band of (probably) retards showed that it's plenty possible to SURVIVE a fight while not being able to clear it.

considering he was drawing just fine the other morning, congratulations, you played yourselves.

Do miqote do this?

RM

>tfw no Elezen boyfriend to princess carry me

Tone down. The thread barely started and you're having avatardiarrhea already.

L A

You know there are no girls here.
Anyone with half a brain knows better than starting a relationship with you.

tfw they never ask me to hang out to begin with

He was. I saw the art. Even if it's not him, oh well.

I love Lethe too

ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/The_Rise_and_Fall_of_Gentlemen

get started on this, it'll ease the pain of MSQ

NORIKO MAKOTO

I don't see a problem

i actually really used to like abe a lot, but I've been sad since we stopped talking

Sugi...

any tips for getting into crafting? i have 60fsh, 56btn, and 50min but my only craft is 50gsm

im told the best thing to do is to push out the easy first 20 or so levels of each craft and then jsut casually do the daily turn-ins at the GC
also how the fuck do i make money with cul desynth? do yall think fsh/cul desynth will be valuable in stormblood? i was told yoshi mentioned fishing being lucrative in 4.0 but i havent seen a source

tfw can afford to commission the best artists and don't have to beg a sameface pseudo artist on malaysian pictogram washboard

So, I cannot make a dragon gurl if I start a free trial and buy the expansion unless I transfer to full game???

Additionally, what server/world does most of /xivg/ play on?

Roe bun

wew lads

Okay but let me ask you this. If these raids didnt have hard enrages, would how people play really change that much in a weird way? People act like if enrages didnt exist people would just auto attack the boss for fun or something weird. In reality most people would continue to push their numbers for the sake of fflog competition. The difference is that people wouldn't be forced to play classes they didn't like in gimmicky early progression setups, healers would probably DPS a little less if they were the type to get stressed easily, SCH would continue to DPS because why not, and fights would last 1-2 minutes longer overall. I dont know where people are also getting this notion that enrages are the things that typically wipe groups and separate the good from the bad, when in reality that just comes down to following mechanics because hitting enrages isn't very hard at all with an optimal comp.

i got them to 15 each first and then levelled one to 50 with levekits whenever i had the allowances. gc turn-ins and ixal dailies will help as well though yes

Its not.

It isn't the best content in the world but the autists are complaining because they need 6 apartment alts and are tired of it.

same

ada...

Please link, I can afford good artists, but just haven't found any.

Plz respond

Megu...

wait, we /shouldn't/ post ourself?

lily...

Still looking for a cute female c@ to nibble one my ears and fuck me up my ass.

Balmung only, leave your name in reply

Beepy...

S'eihai...

im a cold potato

Help

SG, but he'll never love me back

worst feeling

lei....

You have to purchase a game license for your desired platform, I believe.

Here's a recruitment code to get some free stuff, too: XSP2VU6S

Here's the list for the items (scroll down a little):
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/friend_recruit/

Log into the mog station, go to Your Account, and select Enter Recruitment Code. You'll need to put the code in before you get a subscription or else you won't get the items. Your free trial time does not count towards a subscription, but you can use a time card to immediately count it towards your account and have access to the items.

'w'

Xth for sucking dragon femcock

It's a relic of raid design that hasn't really changed much and acts like an artificial gate so devs can force players to gear up and not clear it all in one day(lol) if they can do/survive mechanics. What I think is that extreme primals should not have them because there have been so many so few groups with dumb pugs that could have been a kill if enrage didn't exist

Little late on that one bud 'w'

ahlpost

It's a blessing people don't find the thread

Naaki...

Anyone on Balmung free to queue for cape westwind? MSQ stuff! : D

you're a nameless idiot that doesn't know me in the first place

I'm on a server with no friends, whats the best way to level up my other jobs to waste time

Wasn't me. I usually put a period after each initial.

SEIHAI IS MINE

Lizzy no..

putt...

Guess I'll just have to keep dating cute boys

If tank/healer, do roulettes available and dungeon spam. If dps do roulettes available and potd.

Seihai is a cute catboy

i can heal for you!

I love cats.
Buy why?

R.M.

G.W

JM

M.E.

You just seem salty because you're a shit player who can't clear savage yet alone find a group so you want to bruteforce the encounters. Enrage timers aren't an issue to anyone but shitters.

Less crying, fantasia, socposting and shit eating erp, more playing the game.

thx for the help user, turned the code in

You can't stop me anymore, I'm free now

Hi
Anyone on Gilgamesh wants to farm ARF?

NO SEIHAI IS A GIRL
im going to fill her womb with a litter of lizard babies