/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

Old thread, burned and abandoned by men: >A google doc with basic information. If you're new to Bloodborne and /bbg/ READ THIS FIRST BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz

>Patch 1.09 Info
jp.playstation.com/op/bloodborne/news/2015/12/update109.html

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>Co-Op & PvP
bloodbell.com/
Official PvP Chalice: hizzngr3 (Pthumeru Root)
/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

>Bloodborne Damage Calculations and Formulas
pastebin.com/YnRRZPMp

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/U1Sfm
youtube.com/watch?v=uZWpYGuqsHI
youtu.be/q7iLVLZfSM0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

PURGE FILTH

Ringing for help outside Chalice Rom, lvl 83. Pass bbg.

AYY BREEDING

>questline ends with him offing himself

SRRCing now. Please wait by the lamp

SRRCing

KOSM

It was my very first souls ever and I had no problem with the cane on my first file. Try co-opping. Use items like the papers and pungent cocktails for beast bosses.

fucking "updating index" errors, meant to post this last night maybe if I remove half of my post it might let me do it

Patrician:
Radiance
Milkweed
Impurity

Plebeian:
Corruption
Beast's Embrace
Hunter

I am, loving this coop system.

>Co-oping Laurence on my beast build
>Rack up max beasthood, break his head
>Visceral does 4188 damage

THIS IS REAL POWER, REEEEEEEE

I'm not sure whether or not that was sarcasm, but, I'm not getting you. "bbg", or "bbg."? Worldwide?

is that useful to put heavy gems on beast claws?

Beast Claw gets bigger benefits from two heavy abyssals and a 27%, even at 50/25. Or at least, that's what it seems like.

Savescumming for heavies in swjteujh, pass is heavy

Where did you get this m8? I could only find wps of the three basic oath runes via reverse image search

Omw

>Where that user is getting the Scourge taking your eyes is beyond me.

The fact it quite literally destroys your eyes? The pupils become mush as you start turning, that's why people like Gascoigne and Amelia have their eyes covered over. Seems pretty overtly symbolic of the eventual mindlessness that beasthood brings. If it's all about getting eyes, beasthood actually removes the only other ones you had. As for functioning eyes, I'm of the opinion beasts don't see you, they smell you. Chapel Dweller mentions the incense masking your scent and Annalise calls you a 'moon-scented hunter'.

And Ashen Blood was a plague aside from the scourge, that's why Old Yharnam is full of antidotes, it was to try and cure whatever the deal with that was.

Isn't that only if both heavies have +15 phys.?

COMING

I was searching for some Caryll Rune wallpapers, and found some Reddit guy who made a few, and only a few unfortunately.
imgur.com/a/U1Sfm
Still pretty neat, though.

Yes, but even so, most weapons at 50/25 get more AR out of one heavy and two temperings.

I need more heavies too, I'll be ringing shortly.

Waiting for both, if the second one doesn't get summoned in 1 minute after the first, I'm going without you.

At 50/25 two heavies is only better if both are absolutely perfect gems with +15 flat Phys.

But in retrospect I forgot to account for Beasthood when calculating that, so flat damage probably isn't as good on Claws as it initially seems, because the low modifiers get increases by Beasthood.

>le rape horse
>Is actually the easiest boss in the game after Cleric beast and Margo's wet nuise

Anyone up for Orphan?
Ringing at lamp, password is bbg

Ok

It's a reference to how he looks like Rape horse from Berserk

>The fact it quite literally destroys your eyes?
I don't think so mate. In fact, as I said before, every beast in the game (except HBLB, and actually, Watchdog come to think of it) have readily and easily observable functioning eyes.

>If it's all about getting eyes, beasthood actually removes the only other ones you had
Becoming Kin is "about" lining the inside of your brain with eyes, not replacing the ones on your face. Beasthood is affected by Insight I'll grant you, but you never go blind, and beasts have eyes.

>I'm of the opinion beasts don't see you, they smell you. Chapel Dweller mentions the incense masking your scent and Annalise calls you a 'moon-scented hunter'.
Interesting but ultimately only conjecture, especially, again, since beasts tend to have eyes.

>And Ashen Blood was a plague aside from the scourge
No, it was not.

Ayy

The fucking Barbie Doll nudity in the series is so damn distracting.

Lol sweet free gem sorry it wouldn't let me in the fight

Gem is not autistic enough, beckoning again.

>Orphan hits me twice in one attack, one shotting me
I smell bullshit

Tfw HP gradually depletes

You know what else is notorious with that shit? Those stupid fucking skeleton blob boxes

Fucking YEEEOOOAWW, will keep resonating

IM COMING

Sorry, BoM guy here, I tried to backstab him when I should've used the choir bell or rushed on him to distract him.

I'm having a hard time staying my head around creating chalice dungeons with glyphs. I want to go get the Uncanny version of a weapon, but I'm not sure how to do this. Do you need online functionality to do anything with glyphs?

Read the OP.
To access other glyphs you need ps+

Actually, I should've just shot him.

>Do you need online functionality to do anything with glyphs?
Yes. You input the glyph to the chalice and look for what you need. Can't work with glyphs without PS+ though.

Would anyone like to join me in beating Micolash on NG+? I'm ringing in front of the fog, pass is bbg

Who is currently your favorite boss?

Mine is this guy. I love the way the fight progresses; how the beautifully-sad music ramps up as you notice more and more how similar (but superior) his fighting style is to yours. Music:
youtube.com/watch?v=uZWpYGuqsHI

It makes you realize that this isn't just another boss battle between the player and some monster, it's a duel between the two greatest hunters of all time.

Maria

>Who is currently your favorite boss?
Artorias. Probably always will be.

Beckoning again, not an abyssal.

The BoM do no fucking damage compared to my old good Saw Cleaver.

OoK guy isnt answering, omw

>Who is currently your favorite boss?

Maria but Gerhrman has my favourite boss theme

Was checking the OP, must've missed that. I hate the new PS+ online shit. Never had this problem with PS3. I'm already paying for internet, why make me pay for their shitty service too?

It does fine, just got a 4K in one full stamina bar on OoK. I just wish I didn't use old hunter bone and messed up the dodge timing, hopefully they finished it.

BoM have faster attacks and good DPS, but cleaver is solid and had bonus damage to beasts. You can go the whole game with just the cleaver, but that's boring.

No problem, I'm in front of the fog still

I mean I love the Maria fight, but she is so criminally easy compared to Gerhman or the other DLC bosses (assuming you aren't parry-cheesing either of them)

I literally have this downloaded to my phone
youtu.be/q7iLVLZfSM0

DID YOU MAKE IT? PLEASE TELL ME YOU MADE IT

why

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
FUCK YEAH

Awesome, glad to be of service user, enjoy the tentacles

Difficulty != Quality.

>scaling +35
Beckoning.

Fuck, thought it would stagger him
Its beautiful

Difficulty in a decent measure can make some fights better.

It costs as much as some magazine subscriptions. It works out to like $4.15 a month for a year; at least it's not $15 / month like fucking World of Warcraft has been forever. Also it's kinda necessary in order to fully experience the features available in most games

I almost got him, feels bad, ringing in front of the fog again senpai

>scaling +36.5
>stamina down
>ATK DOWN
Thanks From
Beckoning again

I can't really compare Maria to Gehrman in terms of difficulty. By the time DLC came out I was much better at the game and Maria wasn't much of a hassle. But by that time I would never die to Gehrman either. That said, Maria is still easier than the other DLC bosses, if she was more aggressive like Orphan it would be great.

Anyway, both their arenas are definitely my favourite. Ludwig's an awesome fight, but his pool of blood didn't impress me, symbolic or not.

What are you trying to go for? So far I got a bunch of +50 scaling

>In fact, as I said before, every beast in the game (except HBLB, and actually, Watchdog come to think of it) have readily and easily observable functioning eyes.

An in-game item would suggest otherwise.

'The eye of a Blood-Drunk Hunter. Its pupil is collapsed and turned to mush, indicating the onset of the scourge of beasts'. Seems pretty functioning to me. Red and blye-glowing pits do not functional eyes make.

>Becoming Kin is "about" lining the inside of your brain with eyes, not replacing the ones on your face

Yes, which is why I said it was overtly symbolic. A mindless, blind beast.

>Interesting but ultimately only conjecture, especially, again, since beasts tend to have eyes.

I have yet to see any evidence of functioning sight in beasts. Two characters refer to your presence via scent, one of which has a metal helmet covering her entire head, whose knights have sheets metal covering their faces, too, and lets not forget the good ol' Golden Ardeo. And the mush-pupil'd blood-druk hunter's eye, which can be seen too in the cinematic that plays on the main menu up close.

>No, it was not.

There's too little information on it to make any kind of definitive answer, but it seems circumspect antidotes, for curing poison, are not found in any excessive volume except in Old Yharnam, which famously suffered a uniquely named Ashen Blood plague, whose effects can be seen via build up of poison from enemy attacks.

What the fuck, i hope you got him Richard

How hard is it to complete a Beast build? How far into chalice dungeons must I go?

Gascoigne. Scenery, music, character, just has it all for me.

I got unlucky and he spammed the star thing until I died, ringing again ;_;

Not very far. It's probably harder to beat laurence than getting the claws.

I respect Gehrman more as an adversary because he will punish you for getting close, and then dash out of range moments before you can connect with rally counterattack, like "Tsk tsk, don't fuck with the master." You have to catch him every time.

Maria was dangerous enough with her damage output, but she should have been much harder to catch with counterattacks, and she was way too easy to stun. Gehrman's charged up scythe combo was much harder to dodge than any move she did (excepting the ones that shot AOE flames everywhere)

I've fought Maria and Gehrman both multiple times and Gehrman always gives me way more trouble, even though I know his moveset much better than Maria's from all the times I died to him

Any abyssal with a good curse. I'm only getting 36s.
Beckoning again

But the first claws you get are ideal for the build?

You're the reason why DaS2 was so shit. People buying into the difficulty meme.

They were both easy fights for me. Maria's was simply more atmospheric for me.

Just got one +65 with 5% more dmg to opened foe

You need to get to Ailing Loran L2 to get the claws. And then beat Laurence if you want to use Beast's Embrace.

Lmfao on my screen he wae still staggered
I just watched you get rekt Richard

Did you see that shit Silver? He started his attack, you hit him and he restarted the animation as if nothing happened.

How much more difficult does The One Reborn get if you summon for him? Can I make him into a challenging boss by summoning and then banishing my summon right after the fight starts?

HAHA Richard what the fuck is going on dude
We got him next time

What a surprise, another 36.5.
Beckoning.

Holy fuck I love the Churchpick

One shot two kills what a guy KEK

These chasms look a bit shit on Isz Roots

Thanks I got what I needed. I need to get a rock now. Good luck to you

>An in-game item would suggest otherwise.
Well, you got me there; I was only considering lore from the base game.

>I have yet to see any evidence of functioning sight in beasts
Lack of proof isn't proof of the negative, but I understand your point of view. Not all beasts have bright colored pits for eyes, and shining eyes aren't necessarily not functional.

I won't argue this point anymore though since you do make some compelling arguments for at least some humans, but it is ultimately conjecture, at least as far as lycanthropes, Abhorrent, Beast's Embrace, and other such beasts are concerned.

Ashen Blood was the name given to the disease Yharnamites thought was causing the scourge. If you want to look at it that way, you could say that there is no "Ashen Blood" disease, per se, but only the Scourge. The Antidotes were made to cure the Scourge, what Old Yharnamites called Ashen Blood, but it could not, and so they burned Old Yharnam, and the Scourge continued.

Isz in general is an eyesore

>Isz in general is an eyesore
I'll fucking fight you m8.

When you guys hunt for gems, do you usually have Eye 1 and Eye 2 runes equipped? Once you get Eye 3, do you just switch to using Eye 3 and Eye 2 or what?

I fell at the wrong time

LMFAO, no fucking way Silver

There's nothing wrong with a challenge. If you're so shit that you can't deal with any kind of challenge, then you have a problem. A fight can be tough and enjoyable without being overly bullshit hard.

I usually do 3 eyes and the milkweed