/r6g/ - Rainbow Six General

Warm Coats, Warm Smiles edition

>/r6g/ FAQ, Guide, and Links (Newfriends, read this!)
pastebin.com/Wi0PwtYw

>/r6g/ OP Pastebin & Groups
pastebin.com/gWcgwQyJ
Steam: steamcommunity.com/groups/R6GO
PS4: Add dazint8
Xbone: Add IMadSpykeI

>/r6g/ Drawfriend Galleries
r6gdrawfriends.booru.org/
imgur.com/a/rVmZG

>Teamspeak for /r6g/ operations
OperatorOperations.teamspeak.host
The password is: Operations
IP address: 159.203.29.41:9988

>Official News & Known Issues
Year 2 has been confirmed. New CTU's will be Spain, Hong Kong, Poland, and South Korea.
rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-GB/news/detail.aspx?c=tcm:154-275000-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32
Season 4 - Operation Red Crow is out. Patch 5.2 - Mid Season Reinforcements Live.
youtube.com/watch?v=12hNVzz4CYY
rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-us/updates/redcrow/index.aspx
rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-GB/updates/redcrow/reinforcements.aspx
forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1535236-Patch-Notes-Update-5-2-Red-Crow-Mid-Season-Reinforcements
forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1332624-Top-Priorities-and-Known-Issues-Updated-11-21-2016

Hostage Rescued:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=M3CpFECnq4s
youtube.com/watch?v=smwc10ur0i8
rainbowsix.wikia.com/wiki/Weapon_Skinsi
rainbowsix.wikia.com/wiki/Weapon_Skins
youtube.com/watch?v=rLHXS_KGv6M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>talk-cloud with hat
10\10 legit

French cheese it is

I need to take a break from this game. Literally played ten games in a row where some asshat was afk, teamkilling, or so bad they were useless

There's no shame in taking a break. Maybe you've been very unlucky and getting only kids on break - combined with maybe getting burned out.

Go try other games in your backlog and come back later

You can play ranked. If you win a rank matched you can easily get 4k.

play casual ;-)

>tfw no montagne with famas loadout

It's cuz of Christmas noobs. I just ran into the exact same shit, and a few were asking for advice because it was their first time playing.

Why is it whenever the operators are good are OP only retards play them?

My god people who play blackbeard actually know what to do while retards who pick Fuze just piss me right off.

Crutch effect.

Where my toaster-on-holiday bros at?

I want to practice multiplayer on Frozen Synapse with you folks if you're also new

> facing completely away from Blitz
> completely flashed
> die
epic

Taking a break is fine, but don't think of the bad matches when you want to play again. I haven't played in two weeks because I had a three-day losing streak, and I can't get it out of my head.

>dying to the weakest attacker
wew

>His bio says he was at Beslan

man, this pic is triggering me
>bandit with thatcher's gun
>smoke with valk's shotgun
>fuze with shitty fbi shotty
>attackers just walking away from the defenders
>inside the building

whoever worked on this should be ashamed

ALL THESE CHRISTMAS NEWBIES, GOD FUCKING DAMMIT.

Every match, EVERY FUCKING MATCH.

>Kapkan teaches Frost the ways of the Monolith

Guass Rifle operator W H E N

youtube.com/watch?v=M3CpFECnq4s

>facing away from enemy
heh

>03.02.2017
WHAT WILL HAPPEN?

youtube.com/watch?v=smwc10ur0i8

Kapkan is more of a Duty fellow

Spanish ops?

Esports

>stalker shit

if you get flashed close enough with a flashbang or blitz's shield, it'll blind you no matter where you're looking

It's just good fun user

We better fucking get Spanish OPs before then.

>shit

We will in February

>when a clock or painting falls off the wall after an enemy reinforces it and it covers your drone but you can mark enemies through it

It's going to be after probably
>February 3-5, 2017
>During 3 full days fans, professional players, content creators and developers will gather at the Usine C venue in order to watch new content live showcases, developer & community panels, 3 days of pro competition

That's acceptable, I wasn't sure if the quote meant Euro or American months.

has everyone been keeping up

>tfw visiting family for 2 weeks so I missed out on twitch drone charm
just end me

what if montagne could set his extended shield down as deployable cover for attackers
it would take 1 melee hit for defenders to knock over
montange's actual primary would be the 417, he'd still be a 1 speed 3 armor and have shitty utilities

no

TFW didnt play for a year so I didnt get any charms before the invisible hat, kapkan, drone week

also today:
>lose with no kills
>lose with one kill
>lose with one kill
>lose with no kills
>win 9-1, get MVP 4200 score

feels good

Montagne is already good now with the shield changes.

>Let's just put all this random mishmash of shit into 1 operator

>only missing dust line skin

If only the dust line skin wasnt shit

Jesus I find this game hard to get...

I get bootyblasted almost every game unless i spot someone first. Also feels like alot of buildup just going around doing some peeking and some droning.

Then you either win really really fast or you get shot before you could return fire.

then again im only level 18, anyone who can motivate me to keep going lads?

Keep going, lad.

Also, read the OP Guide.

I'm only missing black ice and the S1/2 proleague skins.
So mad.

the only good proleague skins were all the S1 proleague skins

I started to consider replacing most of the offensive operators muzzle brake with silencers as i 99% of the time use them to take down cameras. Now before I spend a billion renown, rate my grand idea.

Some offensive operators will keep muzzle brake, like Blitz and possibly blackbeard because the deagle is actually nice.

> dust line skins were only available on a per gun basis

i have at least one gun for each op that has a dust line skin

replacing most of the offensive operators muzzle brake with silencers on pistols**

I don't think I'd put a suppressor on a pistol of an operator who has a shotgun or LMG you like to use. Swapping instead of reloading saves my butt sometimes, and there's no need to be quiet in the middle of a fight.

Dust line was weird as fuck

But its so rare I actually use pistols in firefights and silencers dont reduce dmg that much. I mostly use my pistols to take down cameras. I think maybe taking them down more silently might be better.

>kids

Kids are usually better than adults in every way. I know 40 year old who are more annoying, far worse, and freak out more than the squeakers you hear on comms.

frost proleague when
I want golden frost chibi

>play sledge
>fuze is about to fuze the hostage room
>destroy the window with my hammer right when he's about to detonate
>yell at him through voice that he almost killed the hostage
>kill the hostage myself 5 seconds later
>alt+f4 out of shame
just kill me

That's up to you. You could add a suppressor to the weaker/higher capacity pistol when an operator has two to choose from and swap depending on your loadout. I couldn't say if a silent weapon is always useful, but it can be.

They have been taunting us with one of the operator abilities from the beginning!

time for some trickshot throwing knives

>hong kong op
>attacker
>has a full body riot shield but that isnt extendable like montagne's
>has a chink pistol and throwing knives
>knives work like in MW2
>put people into DBNO

mite b cool

just dont yell at people

I asked this in the previous threads but do you think they will ever make another shield operator? Like Monty or Blitz or another operator that has the option to use a shield like Fuze?

Everyone thinks HK attacker will be some gimmicky riot officer.

I think atleast one CTU should have a riot tear gas meme

But the riot guys, can they even be considered CTUs?

You mean a less lethal smoke?

yeah dust line skins and stuff were a weird transition period.

back in S1 the black ice skins were rainbow credit only because seasonal. on a side note, who remembers when the most top tier skins were renown only (like requin for twitch's FAMAS being 720 rainbow credits) and the ones below those which were available for renown were ridiculously high, like 12K for bandits road rash skin on his mp7 or 12K for the burial skin on MP5's. but when black ice was wrapping up and the black ice CTU bundles were made available for 30K renown. there was no such thing as a universal skin, skins were shared between the same weapon on different operators sure, but universal weapon skins didn't exist. the signature CTU bundles like engraved or khomkloma were rainbow credits only (either 1800 R6 credits for the bundle, 720 credits for a primary or 575 for a sidearm). there were no weekly uplay challenges too for that sweet extra renown.

then dust line shifted gears. the seasonal skins were available for either renown or rainbow credits but the renown price was 15K (got discounted to 4500 renown at the end of the season though) and was only available on a per gun basis (guns like the mp5 which were shared between ops meant that both ops with the MP5 would get the skin on their mp5). there was also a drop in the price of the higher tier skins available for renown only. probably because skins weren't the only money makers for ubi anymore as headgears and charms were now in.

and then skull rain, everything was pretty much available for either rainbow credits or renown, except for bundles and digital content. the seasonal skins were universal and available bundled with an extra lil charm.

i like they system we currently have though

and man did i get a bunch of nostalgia typing the black ice (/pre black ice as well since the pricing system didn't change between the transition from vanilla game to black ice) stuff.

a tear gas grenade would probably be a smoke grenade that flashes anyone who contacts it

What would knives do that bullets don't?

They could be

I just want a melee shield with extended range

The Dark Ages

It is a police force, and the riot thing isn't a full time position, it is a collateral one, so you do it in addition to your other duties. So he could just be super into the riot stuff, so much so that this particular special snowflake carries it over into the rest of his operating.
I'm just meming.

one of the reasons why i haven't taken road rash off of bandits MP7 was because it was the first high tier skin i ever bought, and at 12K renown for a skin that was only available for 1 gun that 1 operator uses i was damn sure i would stretch that things value to the limit. back when prices were that high you really had to think about what you wanted to spend your renown on (12K for burial between two ops is 6K per OP, pistols skins at 9600 between four ops was 2400 per OP). also why my gsg-9 ops have the the guard skins as it cost 12K renown (3K per OP).

honestly the rainbow six wiki hasn't update the skin prices since black ice (or the list of skins availible either). if any of you younguns want to see it to see what it was like back then check it.

rainbowsix.wikia.com/wiki/Weapon_Skinsi remember brother. i remember thatcher's lightning being 12K renown. black widow was 10K.

just bought this game i'm bad at it how do i git gud

Practice, knowing the maps, and learning how to communicate good information. It's like a fighting game in that it rewards effort and understanding how the game works. Check the FAQ in the OP for some helpful tips.

also i meant to say the cross roads skin for bandits MP7 not the road rash skin. but my point still stands.

ignore the number i tacked onto the end of the url by accident.

rainbowsix.wikia.com/wiki/Weapon_Skins

glad i'm not the only one who remembers this time. but you know, there was some good things during those times. remember for christmas when we got the ralphie skin for all our weapons for free? or the heart attack skin? i still have both , and they bring back some odly good nostalgia, back before charms or headgear or uniforms.

I earned the discoball charm and hit claim reward but it didn't give it to me.

> top tier skins were renown only

meant to say top tier skins were only available for rainbow credits.

>ranked on bank
>attackers are in archive
>4 v 2 with me as thermite
>watch my 3 m8s get downed and killed
>"fug"
>15 seconds remaining
>shit myself and throw a smoke nade at the door way from stairs
>jump through the barricade window
>get an easy headshot on bandit hiding in office
>shitting myself as mute is chasing me around the servers
>he thinks i'm in the smoke
>five-seven him in the back

fucking christ my asshole was so tight

It happened to me too, had to restart the game to get it

READ THE FAQ
E
A
D

T
H
E

F
A
Q

> /owg/ now has a discord

see you lads later

Cya

christmas is over how are dead at 6 in the afternoon

youtube.com/watch?v=rLHXS_KGv6M

So Cav's actually a viable oberator after all? Or does she just rely on the enemies being stupid?

Many of us are out on holiday still

Read the FAQ. Also, play custom matches by yourself. The FAQ doesn't emphasize this enough. You should learn the general layout of each map, where all the cameras are located, and majority of the destructible surfaces before you hop onto multiplayer. It's better in the long run for you to just run around in empty maps for 30 minutes instead of spending hours in multiplayer trying to figure why you died in 10 seconds, how you got spotted and where you got shot from.

Pub stomp operator. If the attacking team have 0 coordination whatsoever then Caveira punishes lone wolfs hard. If the team's competent then she's pretty much a waste of a pick since it could have been someone with gadgets to deploy in the objective room.

Where do i find these charms?? I they are not in the universal so how do i find them??

>tfw can't play for another week

complete the weekly uplay challenge that awards each respective charms.

this week is disco ball and castlecade. all the other CTU charms have already come and gone.

I can't play for about two weeks more. Stuck on my laptop toaster playing other tacticool games meanwhile.

> tfw 3 week break
> 5 days spent with family
> now have a ton of free time

Press Shift + F2 while in-game and click on challenges, then "equip" those challenges

damn, you guys have a really good FAQ

Caviar's pistol scares the shit out of me sometimes.
It's literally a pistol that does pre-nerf autoshotty damage in a single bullet

>Navy
>Marine Corporal chevrons on her collar
literally unplayable

Are the damage dropoff and distance anything to worry about?

test test 123

Yes. A few inches makes a huge difference for the Luison.

>all peaks into windows end in me getting headshot'd
Send help

This picture would have been fine if they weren't pointing their fucking guns at each other

Why is "adding" the challenges even necessary? Just have all the challenges active Ubi you inbred fucktards.