/bdog/ - Black Desert Online General

Wizards and Witches have joined the awakened, and the winged Kibelius A costume is back in the store again! Pearl item gifting is still temporarily reinstated for the holiday season.
Latest patch notes: forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/124507-patch-notes-december-21st/

Nouver will be added tomorrow:
blackdesertonline.com/news/view/295

>What is BDO?
Black Desert Online is an MMORPG by Pearl Abyss, most recently released for Western audiences. It features action-oriented combat, open world PvP territory control, player housing, unlimited levels of grinding, and more.

>Is it P2W?
Lots of paid convenience features; and some cash shop items, such as most outfits (!), are able to be sold to other players on the marketplace, but maximum price caps and weekly selling limits of cash shop items restrict profit. One CANNOT P2W over a dedicated player.

>Guides, guilds, and other useful info
pastebin.com/tGWk2bru

>NewFAQs
If you don't know if the game is "worth it," get a guest pass.
All classes can be viable and fun. Ask something more specific.
Weapon: Kaia, or BUY a +15 Yuria -> Liverto -> Kzarka
Awk weapon: Green -> Blue -> Dandelion
Offhand: Warrior & Berserker Accuracy offhand/other classes AP offhand -> Kutum
Armor: Grunil -> Boss armor
For everyone's sake, read the links, Google it, and Ctrl+F, BEFORE asking the same stupid question other people previously have in the same thread.
Max breasts for rare drops

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/125374-bdo-fixed-in-minutes/#comment-1738637
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for stalkers have the most fun

I've been trying to get character name approval for 25 minutes now. Is there a trick to it or is every possible name already taken as it seems?

>having this much trouble naming your waifu
Show us some sample names that you've tried to use but were already taken.

wizard for griefing, witch for bullying

eu or na?

EU

Can I have your name, code guy?

Sakura
Winry
Nami
Hinata
Shiori
Asuna
Tsunade
Rukia
Mikasa
Erza
Yoko
Rias
Saber

And a bunch more. None of these worked and they're all pretty unique.

>all unique

>All those shitty normie anime names.

>pretty unique
user...

This game has almost been out for a year user,
most anime names are taken.

assuming this isnt bait.

I love wandering

You know people reserved all of these before day 1 with headstart names, right? These are about as unique as corner shop souvenirs.

Valk is so fun.
Have a Guest pass.
JN6O4AF-UEP5364-T161KAE-K3G0H

are you being ironic, postironic, sincere, or newsincere

>unique

>tfw someone gifts you something easy to get like an outfit instead of pets or something that's not available on the market
I mean I'm thankful, but have some god damn sense people

kek eat shit

man I'm so desperate to get panties for my characters, and this game allows pretty much 0 ways of trading ffs

Most I can think of is spending my loyalties on megaphones and broadcasting something someone needs several times or whatever. I'm never fancy lacey panties on my witch.

Which server?

NA

sucks

What were you planning?

I was feeling charitable so I thought I'd gift you your choice of panties.

>all these main heroine names

What did you think was gonna happen?

Is the noob free underwear box a random panty or do you get to choose?

I sure hope it's something that matches the apricot outfit. ha ha. nothing does.

C-Can I get a costume maybe? Premium Sylvia outfit! Or any underwear..

Well, I'm not really feeling it now anymore 'cause I wanted it to be a surprise for whoever this guy was, and I don't like stutterposting.

I like the stockings on this one

the sad part is the people desperately want some "unique" name so much, and they can't be bothered to add a number or another letter at the end, like Naruto69, or SakuraH

Random. Probably leopard underwear.

ahahaha xXx_Asuna_xXx

Oh, well dang then. I hope someone else is given a surprise!

How dead is this game? The last second switch from f2p seems like a bad idea. Figured I'd check how it played out.

it's too alive imo
grindspots are always full with shitters and there are so many people in towns that your fps will drop below 20 on high end rigs

far from dead, try to win anything in the market... is near impossible, go to any channel, all grind spots are taken, do world bosses they always have enough people to make you lag

If the game isn't alive then I don't know what it is... the sales have been bringing a steady influx of new blood, but vets quit left and right so it balances out.

>God King Lucifer
What in the name of fuck

dead as hell, every other thread falls off page 10, and it's p2w as fuck

Possibly the ugliest character/dye combo I've ever seen, congrats.

Hello, and welcome to Black Desert Online General.

>3/4 of my pet skills went towards fishing
What the shit

Glad you like it

So as my penguin levels up he gets more "emotions" i guess?
Right now he has "Joy", "feed", "sitting", and "sulky"
are these emotes or something i can trigger with him or are they idle animations? clicking on them does nothing

i've never watched an episode of anime in my life and I know 90% of those names just 'cause they're so normie

i rate this bait very highly

I'll never get that outfit. Damn people outbidding me!

Maybe I should just get my maehwa or warrior to 55 before I worry about more alts.

your mouth looks weird

Will look into it!

Just started playing yesterday. What are the chances of me getting one of those fancy winged costumes before they go away? I hear they're limited.

you have a 100% chance of getting one if you pay for it

How many "warning points" do you have on the official forums, if you use them at all.
I have three I got all at once.
Also, what is the point of them?

Not very likely. Been trying for the sorc one since the first day and still haven't gotten it.

can you buy appearance coupons off the market in this game?

Daily reminder that you will never be 'Cyclegreen', the biggest memelord in /bdog/, /pol/ and the BDO forums.

buy a value pack instead

>I've been outbid on the premium Sylvia outfit 5 times in a row.

What the fuck why can't they ban the botting assholes.

that's not how the system works, buddy
it's more like a lottery, you just keeping pulling the wrong number

pls assist

I don't get these bids though. Everyone is forced to bid the same amount as it says, and then the game just RNG's who gets it?

>5 times
kek come back after 50 fails

yes. everyone bids the same amount
then some magical wheel of fortune is spun, and whoever's name it lands on is able to buy the item

>unique
I'd post gore in your honor, that's how bad this is.

But I've noticed after constant refreshing it says "Buy" and then "Item has already been sold" or I get "Failed bidding".

it's the same shit, it's a korean game with poor translations and implementation, and no they're not doing anything about it we're fucked

just means you lost

Previously, you had to type in a captcha to buy anything off the marketplace. I haven't had to enter it at all since coming back, so I am guessing they got rid of it.

There was a chance no one would win the bid on the item, so then it would go "free for all" and whoever could click buy and type in the captcha fast enough would be the one able to purchase it.

I bet once you reach a certain count you get banned from the forums and maybe muted in game. Don't be an asshole.

forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/125374-bdo-fixed-in-minutes/#comment-1738637
Cyclegreen's delusion strikes again

If you lose in the bid you get "Failed to purchase the item" or if someone's ping was higher to check the purchase and he got it already before you even checked your bidding you'll get "Item has already been sold."

If it didn't get sold in the bid phase it'll go free for all and the lowest ping with the fastest response to m1 -> enter gets it, in which case you'll also get "Item has already been sold." This also means some people might macro that and you might never have had a chance at all, or they just come out on top because of their lower ping instead of being able to type the captcha faster than you, at which you might have excelled and won the item in the past.

should I be spamming refresh during the "counting" phase?

I wasn't being an asshole intentionally, I was pretending to mock someone and they interpreted as real harassment despite the obvious sarcasm in my opinion.

Now there's a familiar name.

idk i like the epheria marine fishnet stockings.

almost all of mine went towards karma recovery.

life sucks.

The stockings on most are fine, it's the bras and lace that all look silly.

Spear is fun, but there are no Pris up on the market to snag and no green duos either. Too poor for this game.

Nah, you don't need to, you've got 20 seconds to check your bid to see if you won or not. If you're waiting for the bid phase to end you should never refresh as it actually hinders you. So, just don't refresh at all.

Mm, sarcasm or just a pranks bro aren't always that obvious in text, I most likely don't get at least 50% of it directed at me and think the person allegedly being sarcastic is trying to start something. Pepper it with winky smilies or equivalent softening measures if you have to be sarcastic and you've got face to lose.

Yeah they are. Glad there's a way to remove the bras while keeping the panties on.

this was a mistake
but oh well, at least I got an outfit, pearl item tab in the marketplace is a warzone

Talk about rubbing it in anons face, dick.

such an ugly outfit
ranger literally doesn't have a single good one

Good face

user-kun semenpai cum shave my pits for me
UGUU

I'd...do...it...

there was some guy that hates low res textures
here's to you, you fag

I like this one

Which class has the largest breasts?

also snow
it actually looks ok, but my card is literally melting

Clead looks alright if you dye it modest colours.
Like most costumes...

ranger clead shows bellybutton?
how lewd!

I hit level 54 and I just spent 30 minutes of 200% EXP at Susan's. I only got 40%. I thought the grind wasn't supposed to start until after Awakening?

The grind gets exponentially worse after each level over 55.

At least I was having so much fun I didn't even notice the 30 minutes were gone, but damn.

Progress is still progress. As long as you're not losing stuff then it's fine.

started a 7 day trial last night and I'm liking this a lot. feels a little rough around the edges at times but there seems to be a lot to the game.

Is there a monthly fee? Sorry for the dumb question but it's not made obvious

there is no monthly fee

no
the only monthly "fee" is getting a value pack from the marketplace and that's barely 10m in silver coins
the problem is, unelss you're one lucky motherfucker you ain't getting one

Cool, definitely gonna get this before the sale ends.

value packs aren't hard to get, like sure you won't get it on your first try, but they're pretty common you can easily get one in three days casually bidding, unlike pets...

>I got a pet and a value pack yesterday without bidding

Pretty good haul post christmas.

New to the game. Struggling to decide between Witch and Berserker. I enjoy both, but I want to go with whatever one has a more central role in PvP while being fun/not quite as repetitive.

Anyone have any opinions? Curious which you guys consider a little more fun