How do you switch off on a day off?

How do you switch off on a day off?

get high, put the tunes on, take a hot shower with a cold beer. sheeet sometimes i do it on my days on.

Somehow this just has stopped working for me.

I sometimes have a hard time switching off. I just pace around the house doing chores and getting more and more frustrated and irritable because it feels like I'm wasting time and not being productive. My wife telks me to "just relax" or "do nothing" and it feels like she's being sarcastic or hiding the real task from me.

I suppose I'm pretty institutionalized into feeling I have to earn my rest. I'm trying to be more conscious about switching off. Alcohol helps too.

>ever switching on

uninstall Veeky Forums

Go /out/

If I sit at home and do nothing, time flies and all I think about is the dreadful Monday morning back to work.

I spend time with family, but I rarely take a day off.

It doesn't stop working you're just not drinking fast enough, drink 8 beer as fast as you can and you'll be pretty relaxed brah

Too much booze. ;(

go for something stronger, need to take a piss all night.

4 good pulls of a vodka bottle and 4 beers. ;(

I don't know. I feel like I can't relate to those that do 'kick back and relax' and I never seem to be able to.

I worked so hard to train to work the long hours and weeks. I hate the idea of working to un-do that.

I think the best outlet is to find a hobby that will re-capture your attention and draw focus away from work

I just don't give a shit. I do the bare minimum and Im on my days off all the work numbers are blocked. Software development in a team with uncucked companies and not chans and pajeets. The days where I did 9am - 9pm for a pat on the back are long gone.

You should be always switched off so you don't need days off.

If you need stress and adrenaline to motivate you it means 2 things.

1: you won't be able to keep it up for long
2: you have the wrong mindset

Do not lament what you do not have, instead take what you can get. Do not go into any situation expecting that you will succeed, rather that you are taking a chance, a chance you have concluded will give you the best chances of success. This will make your path clear to you, it will become a natural progression, not an arduous journey.

If you can't turn off on your days off, then you're working too hard / too much stress at work.

You need to make some changes bro.

>Do not lament what you do not have, instead take what you can get. Do not go into any situation expecting that you will succeed, rather that you are taking a chance, a chance you have concluded will give you the best chances of success. This will make your path clear to you, it will become a natural progression, not an arduous journey.
that's pretty deep. did you think of all that by yourself?

It's deep but is it true?
It seems like most success is a matter of accidental trial and error, not planning and forward progression.

Accidental trial and error are natural steps towards a goal though
If you win $8000 off of a lotto ticket would you splurge, or put it in savings, or put it in stocks?
Someone who wants to party and feel as good as possible may blow it in one night
Someone who is timid and wants a safe retirement, may just drop it in his savings account
Someone who is opening a new grocery store may spend the money on a new advertisement, maybe increasing his paycheck for the next month or year
Life isn't about what you have, it's about what you do with the hand you're delt

If the only thing you want out of life is money, then suck dick for cash or drive for Uber on your day off
If you want a nice house to come home to, maybe clean, brows online for that new rig or curtain you need, do some yard work?

Success won't come to you, you have to go out and take it

A bullet to the head

The real problem is that you're take a day off.

thanks, that's truly inspirational.
except I already have a nice house to come home to, no job to come home from, and if you gave me $8k I'd probably spend it all on hats.

I'm not even looking for success, whatever that is.

I don't get -yet I'm extremely jealous of- people that can't "switch off" when they have free time.

I'm always off, my problem is to switch on. That's nice when you have free time to kill, but when you have work to do, it's just called "being a lazy ass".