/nosg/ - Nostalrius General

weed edition

>What is this?
This is the Nostalrius general. A private server for vanilla world of warcraft. We're currently waiting on the new nost server release:

NEW NOST WILL RELEASE THE 7TH OF JANUARY!

>Server homepage
elysium-project.org/
>Vanilla WoW database
db.vanillagaming.org
>Leveling Guide
docs.google.com/document/d/1-Z2vplxWZACKmCpw1B8vexKQ2vwjRqFRjcJhHjAxxJg/edit
>Nos Pre-Bis
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1j81TgG0p_HrYKajiUiQfYIoSUx1culzy2u_Fc4wtiS8/edit#gid=329725463
>Leveling Specs
imgur.com/a/aNm8V#0
>Big Addon Pack
wow-one.com/forum/topic/3573-vanilla-112-addons-download/

tags: wpsg vag wowg world of warcraft nostalrius

Old:

X for happy holidays

3rd for still cant log in

Post rare Puddi!

4th for salty dogs wont amount to anything

Fifth for what's the point?

Today's the day I'll apply for that Raid Guild.

>just bought 1200g from the chinks

Man, so glad I can relax after a nice day at work without having to farm for my epic mount

What's the name of the KOS addon that keeps track of KDR?

I forget the name of it.

Where can I get a new 2h weapon at level 50? Whirlwind axe is getting bad, and I'm trying to get Ice Barbed Spear atm, but it's taking a while

Youre the reason why we get so much spam

frog posters are worse than horsefuckers

Friendly reminder to message one of these to get an invite to alliance guild discord.

Erlik#4852
qlurf#6906
Infamy#5916
Madti#7077

how much was it? i cba farming gold either

is it not my right to be able to spend MY hard earned money, so I can compete with no-lifers?

There is literally NOTHING wrong with buying gold, i'm literally feeding xiao and his family of 25

Opium

IS THE SERVER STILL DOWN?

JESUS Y'ALL ARE WIERD

You can't compete with them anyway? Why do something retarded so you can feel like you are as good as no lifers? Youll always be behind and a wagecuck, feeding xiao only makes your experience worse

>mfw faggoty mages try to pull their safespot bullshit over at Gadgetzan as a reckadin

>When you lose the roll on that item you wanted.

J U S T.

So if Blizzard made a Vanilla server would ya'll pay 10 dollars a month to never have to deal with chinks, their long ass queues or worry about character deletion?
How about 5 dollars?

Or is vanilla truly for chinks, russians and nostalgiafags that can't afford the subscription?

Xiao farms honor and runs raids for me, he gets me in double digit standing every week for peanuts(to me anyway)

>When you lose the roll on that ranged weapon you wanted to a warrior

I eat spaghetti when ita ready uh oh mom said it's time for bed already!
Just kiddin, this killa gonna go do some fiddlin !
Once ma goes to bed ill be sneakin downstairs to watch dirty videos of guys givin head!
Once i came, it's time to do what i planned:
Play the game!

World of warcraft!(talkin bout my favorite gameeeee!)
World of warcraft!(ain't no muthafuckin bed time keepin me away)
World of warcraft!(pvp rank 14 here i come!)

>instrumental hipe hop beat

Yeah i maybe white but this freestyle is pretty fuckin tight!
Pureblood irish ready rock your world bro
Logging on my dwarf hunter to kill your ass bro!
All you gonna be able to say is "UH OHHH!!!"
You think you know pvp son?
Then you havent met me
Cause with me in a BG you wont be havin any fun!

>hip hop beat turns into heavy metal breakdown

Call this the last verse put dont put my raps in a hearse
Cause i dont play not undead,
Youll know who i am when i blast ya in the head!
In bed; your mom is turning red.
From me plowin her
World of warcraft style killa
Mom style virginity steala!

>I like having other people play the game for me!
user...

>look mom i posted it again xD

why are frog faggots so autistic

>I posted it again! lol!!

Youre retarded
>i dont like to waste my time playing the boring part of a video game
Ftfy.

Exactly, I can't because I'm a functioning adult with responsibilities, but I still want to be able to compete with the no-lifers

>tfw RL made us rogues roll for a warglaive when it dropped back in 07
>rolled a 4

what do you do in this game if you dont farm

>That dancing trinket drops from the rare spawn in strat
>roll a 100

My finest hour, trolled the fuck out of my guild with it, RL threatened to nuke my DKP if i used it one more time

What was up with the autist raid leaders anyway?

>on Veeky Forums
>doesnt like the funnyfrog meme
Back to le reddit.

This. Just because you're a shut in loser doesn't mean you should have an advantage over other players. I play Vanilla so I can do the challenging end game raid content not to waste months of my life leveling and farming preraid that could be better spent with my wife and her son.

Haha Ituh! You're such an enjoyable person to group and play with! :v)

Whats the fun parts then? Jerking off to your epic mount afking in Orgimmar?

Literally what I would do in vanilla except I didn't work. Bought chunks of 5k by AQ for around €100

>we r anoneemoos how can u not leik the epig facebook frog meems??

kill yourself conformist faggot

Oh shut up drama queen.
>what is raids
>what is bgs
>what is wpvp

I would absolutely subscribe to it.

All the bullshit we put up with because Blizz won't admit that there's a market for this.

Blizz won't do it because for them, a legacy server is admitting to failure on modern WoW, and they are too prideful and stuck up their own asses to do it. Things would have to get really bad. Like, worse than the last year of WoD bad.

How do you have time for that when you got a job?

not him but wow, you really are fucking retarded.

>challenging end game raid content
Have you ever done MC before?

anyone else unable to register an account?

but he just said he gets a chinese dude to farm honor and raids for him

>not him but
that's exactly what him would say

I have time to play, but I only want to play the fun parts like BGs

farming 1000g for my epic mount isn't fun
farming BGs for 24 hours daily for rank 13 gear isn't fun

not him but wow, you are really fucking stupid

I now realize I'm speaking to a literal autist
>i value my freetime so i don't want to use it doing boring shit in a game
>throw some peanuts at xiao to get me what i need to do the fun shit
>now that I'll be enjoying myself it is worth my valuable time to play

because frog fractions 2 is out

New vanilla player here.

I'm planning on rolling a gnome mage when the new server comes out, and I have a lot of questions (hopefully not too many)

What professions should I take whilst leveling? (I read a post on here at some point that said to take herbalism and alchemy, use the herbalism to level alchemy so I can transmute arcanite for "free" gold, and then drop herbalism and pick up tailoring so I can make bolts of mooncloth? Is this a good idea for a dumb newbie?)
What's going to be the cheapest/easiest mount to get my hands on?
Are there any really good quest rewards/drops that are worth getting that will last me a while?
Are there any particular tricks I should know whilst leveling that might make things go faster?

Any extra advice is welcome, I don't know what the heck I am doing.

so you get a chinese guy to farm raids and pvp for you, so that you can do raids and pvp?

I'll never understand this halfassed logic; why not go play on a fun server like retro wow where you can get everything you want without using your wakecuck money?
You deliberally decide not to play the game and ruin everyone elses experience.

hey guys i plan to play the fresh server then rush to 60 and farm gold to sell

what would be the best class/ method to farm gold on a fresh 60? :) was thinking hunter but they stopped trib runs so that sucks

mage for aoe farming maybe?

ill see you guys on trade chat or your /w when im advertising my gold :)

Paying 100 gold to anyone who will be making threads ahead of this fucking facebook frog faggot.

>cause pvp in shit gear meanwhile everyone on here is t2 or epic pvp geared
Yeah, real fun.

Stop being reddit.

I found the power abusing RLs entertaining as a rogue, I'm just here for the professor plums.

Jokes on that guild, I essentially caused a schism within the guild after revealing I was actually a dude playing a female character which caused half to transfer to a fresh server and the other half to stay (this was coming up on WOTLK launch day).

they dissolved about a week into wrath, and I still have the xbox and headset they sent me

>tfw got free mounts and flying and gear and runs
>was a shitter anyways

Gucci you son of a bitch, I am going to murder you

Stop posting on this weeb forum.

What's the addon that lets you manage instance reset timers?

>wait 10 minutes in queue
>get in
>instantly disconnect

fuck this shit I'm out

BGs are fun, BGing for rank isn't
Raiding is fun, raiding for gear isn't(I don't even raid that much, it's not really that fun)

I just like""pwning n00bs"" in BGs, and I can't pwn n00bs in 60 blue gear(because that's all the time I can play would allow me to get)

The fun servers are 100x more buggy and have like 20 people online at peak.
Plus, its my right to spend my money how i please

drink bleach and kys :)

>good quest rewards
Icicle Rod

>love vanilla, but hate that there are no TBC races -> the master races.

Which BGs are more populated, 10-19 or 20-29?
Want to do some low level PvP but not sure where to stop leveling. Pic unrelated.

So was information from Elysium leaked, or did Kronos sell their info? I'm just concerned because I just started

does "nost" have the same ratcatcher flute issue that real nost did where you can use it anywhere?

yep, this was happening to me for a half hour. fun stuff.

Just because you have no job doesn't mean you're a good player. It's only fair I get to beat players that can't even afford to buy a geared PvP character.

>What professions should I take whilst leveling?
Don't bother. Most professions are just money sinks and a waste of time. Anything that requires farming world resources is going to be 100% impossible. Just focus of leveling and killing shit.

>What's going to be the cheapest/easiest mount to get my hands on?
I believe it's 90g at level 40 but I believe paladin and warlock get their for free. Can't remember exactly.

>Are there any particular tricks I should know whilst leveling that might make things go faster?
AoE grinding but it's mind numbing.

While questing, kill absolutely every mob in your path. If you don't you'll end up finishing your quests and too low level to pick up the next bunch.

But if you are a better player you wouldnt need the same/better gear lol

I wouldn't be surprised if Elysiums user information database was compromised given that they don't even have a fucking working anti-get and fresh is launching in less than 2 weeks

rolling a class that can't tank was a mistake

>it's an insecure asshat tries to convince other people not to hate him for contributing to something that makes the game less fun for everyone

don't even play the game 2bh, or at least stop trying to defend yourself against permavirgins like you need to be accepted on Veeky Forums or smth holy shit lmao

I'm a good player, but why should I have to have worse gear just because I can't put the nerd time in to get full tier 2/rank 13 gear?

If I can pay to skip the grinding(which I literally CANT do due to time), why wouldn't I?

19s were filled with alli rogue twinks last week.

What are the odds that Elysium will get upgraded to TBC?

>lmbao i canz kill u wit no gear on xD

Oh boy. Do I have to change my info in-game or via their website

it's more or less true for rogues Tbh

You can't change your password in game retard.

/raidinfo

>space goats

I don't get it. They look identical to all the other female races. Literally worthless.

>admiting to failure
They're slowly getting there. After the Nost shutdown backlash they said they would release "Pristine Servers"
Which are just Retail servers minus things like LFD, LFR, and heirlooms.

I don't know if that means theyre completely out of touch with their playerbase or they atleast acknowledge that retail is ass.

Maybe after pristine servers, with enough backlash theyll release "classic" or "progressive" servers.

Gathering professions are the only ones that are going to make money. If you want to get your mount fast then take mining/skinning/herbalism/fishing and forget taking a profession the uses items up. All the mounts will cost pretty much the same, 90g/900g. Besides which, tailoring was only good for mages because of bloodvine gear and that is only added in the Zul'Gurub patch.

And in vanilla, especially vanilla without what I believe was 1.10 content, you can't level to 60 without grinding. Forget about solely chaining quests. Quests are what you get for a little extra experience in between your grinds; you just kill everything near you that isn't grey. You see those people camping on top of a quest spawn? They are retarded. They could've just killed 40 or so mobs in the time that shit takes to spawn and came out way, way ahead. And forget doing any elite quests and very rarely do dungeons; party organising takes far too long, so if you have to wait for people to get to the area you would've been better off just grinding during that time.

The only quest rewards that you would use for a long time start in, like, Uldaman. There might be a ZF item for mages, but I dunno. Look up your pre raid shit for mages.

Ok now we've got that out of the way, can we all agree that paying chinks to farm for you/buying gold is perfectly OK?

Just use a model edit.
Im a blood elf pally right now (:

yes you can

What's the reason for everyone wanting a fresh server, is it the code base?

Also, what's the strategy for launch day leveling in the starting zones, I don't want to compete with 500 people tagging level 1 mobs.

Every outfit looks better on draenei females, plus they got a booty like no other.

both are twink fests

Very low, private servers almost never make it to naxx.

It only looks big because the back is so curved. The butt isn't that big really.