/hbg/ - Homebrew & hacking general

Previous thread: -SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (Downgrade: 11.1 - Entrypoints: smealum.github.io/3ds)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05 (Kernel)
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: 3ds.guide/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
IOSU+Kernel Exploit: github.com/FlimFlam69/WiiUTutorial/wiki
Vita: pastebin.com/v3caHHnp

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-Bootrom has been dumped and Soundhax announced at 33c3
-DS games via SD card released: gbatemp.net/threads/454323/
-11.0/11.1 downgrading released. Requires 4 specific DSi games that are no longer available. More info here: 3ds.guide/nfirm-downgrade
-If you're on 11.0-11.2 and don't have any of the 4 games above you'll need a second CFW 3DS along with any DSiWare game.

>Wii U
-A new method to get regionfree has been released. gbatemp.net/threads/448468
-New DNS that block updates have been released. gbatemp.net/threads/451486 & gbatemp.net/threads/436346
-New tool for dumping images from a Wii U disc has been released gbatemp.net/threads/wudump-dump-raw-images-from-a-wiiu-game-disc.451736/

>Vita
-PSN spoofing is broken on the Vita for both Henkaku and TaiHenkaku currently.
-Adrenaline released. gist.githubusercontent.com/TheOfficialFloW/0ed4e09e2d447e631416cb84d7c43107/raw/readme.txt
-taiHENkaku released along with source. tai.henkaku.xyz/
-Some .vpk files can brick your Vita. Be careful. wololo.net/2016/10/04/warning-ps-vita-brickers-in-the-wild/
-Update 3.61 patches HENkaku.

>PS4
-4.06 patches the 4.01 jailbreak, DO NOT UPDATE

>PS3
-4.81 Rebug CFW released
-It's possible to run games on OFW 4.70 without ODE and IDPS. gbatemp.net/threads/447577

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/NedWilliamson/status/813852812543164418
twitter.com/notzecoxao/status/813081543409340416
twitter.com/Mathieulh/status/807702017682587649
github.com/FlimFlam69/WiiUTutorial/wiki
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

twitter.com/NedWilliamson/status/813852812543164418

Reminder that 33c3 was absolutely worth waiting for.

FYI, The 3DS bootrom dumping method has been publicly known about and documented for a year now. No one has been able to implement the fault injection necessary for it except derrek.

Do not expect sighax or game decryption from pc any time soon.

>no mention of sighax
>no mention of wii u announcements from c3

>wii u
literally who cares

lolwiiu

there were no WiiU announcements of note. only stuff we already knew.

YOU WILL NEVER HACK YOUR 3DS IF YOU'RE ON 11.1 OR ABOVE AND YOU HAVE NO DSi AVAILBLE OR ANOTHER AREALDY HACKED 3DS

friendly reminder

ps4 when?

Sending prayers to Plailect who will have to delete most of his guide and rewrite it this time next week.

I love Twilight Sparkle!

DELETE THIS THREAD OP IS TOO FUCKING STUPID TO UPDATE THE FUCKING NEWS

SOMEONE POST A SUMMARY OF THE EVENT

>tfw n3DS black friday

The free legit mh4u via slowhax made me wait for the downgrade

like 30 min. But it's just PS4 running Linux stuff.

When sighax eventually gets released, all you'll need is a hardmod. You can obtain a plaintext copy of your firmware version from the internet, then xor that with the one in your nand to get the keystream. Then xor that with sighax. No hacking necessary. Unpatchable.

But that's if sighax is ever released.

I'm on 11.0 and missed 33c3

Whats do we know, whats the news

>not updating the op properly

That now you have to wait a little more to enjoy having a hacked system

worst girl

more waithax

I do believe that there should be 2 versions of the guide since the current one is very good for people on or below 10.7

>implying the moralfags will release the details on dumping the bootrom until 2018
A9LH will still be the best choice until then.

Wii U secrets dumped, boot0hax.
A new 3DS primary exploit, musichax.
A new 3DS arm11 kernel exploit, fasthax.
3DS bootrom dumping confirmed.
3DS bootrom exploit, sighax. Essentially a9lh without OTP.

moral fag inherits key to kingdom and changes nothing

I have a hacked o3ds on 9.2.0 with cfw and an unhacked n3ds. Will everything I had on my o3ds before stay on it if and when I do the system transfer method of hacking the n3ds?

>picture off reddit

what a fucking surprise this is the new op

Fuck off, you had ages to make the OP your way if you wanted.

for the times they are a changin

>tfw had to refresh captcha

>When sighax eventually gets released, all you'll need is a hardmod.
lol this just makes it less cool. it essentially loses accessibility if this is case. Latefags arent gonna want to solder shit

we still had time, but no some faggot HAS to make the new op IMMEDIATELY

people were bitching new thread at 900 posts in the last one and we reached 1200, how fucking new are people

what do you think? did my Christmas wish come true?

sighax works the same way with DSiWare, no downgrade needed. Alternatively, can be done purely with 3DS-mode hax as long as you can get to 9.2

There will be people that will offer sighax installation services.

Technically, all you need is a DSI game to access the nand

Is there a torrent for Wii U stuff floating around?

no
latefags still RIP

Ok, now all I want to know is all alternatives. I have some friends and they all have different fimrwares, some with 11.0, 11.1 and 11.2.

I have an o3ds with a9lh to downgrade them with Tales of Exidia on it, so I can only downgrade one console, right? Or can I back up it and then restore it after downgrading?

So, yeah, any other DSiWare games to exploit?

Dirty autistic Emunand user here, will A9LH installing become easier now? Is that shit even worth having with the new firm exploits and shit announced?

just download from Nintendo

Mate there was no Wii U annoucement other than:

>It's wii u, no one cares huuuurrrr

Which translates to:

>We've hit a brick wall and can't work around it

>will A9LH installing become easier now
Sighax is a9lh, except you no longer need OTP.

Not really. Sighax is about as fully hacked as a console can get, if it ever comes out.

so one could say it's OTPless?
full circle

HEY NIGGERS ANY NEWS ON THE VITA AT ALL??

>Sighax is a9lh, except you no longer need OTP.

Aw shit. I avoided A9LH because of the brick chance and the fact that I had to backup 60gb worth of vidya and saves

yeah except without random bricks and not limited to N3DS

and it isn't a9lh

yeah

Yes you need OTP but you no longer need to downgrade to 2.1 to obtain it since you can just dump it because with control of the bootrom you can prevent it from blocking it. And no, it's not A9LH, they are completely different things.

I really need some help pls. My new vita mem stick won't take any files I send it and I can't for the life of me figure out why. I installed everything just fine with my last card, but for some reason installing molecule didn't give me the vitashell bubble and it says molecule is in (SAFE MODE) for some reason, in addition to only having a ux0 folder and not letting me transfer files to it. I'm desperate here, does anyone know whats wrong?

PS4 HAX WHEN!?

one console a week. and you can only go o3ds to n3ds.
and exida is linked with your NNID (or console), so the next sys transfer hax needs to be from the n3ds you just hacked to a new one.
restoring nand on your o3ds will bring exidia back, yes, but when you connect to nintendo to do the system transfer again, exidia gets wiped from the o3ds and you just locked yourself out.

That process is fucking horrendous, is there not just a torrent I can use to pick and choose shit I need?

No you don't need OTP.
You only need the OTP (or more correctly, the hash of a portion of the OTP) to encrypt a fake key for the arm9loader key sector.
You don't need OTP at all, only the ability to write to the FIRM partition.

>And no, it's not A9LH, they are completely different things.
As far as the end user is concerned, they work the same.

Reminder to secure your User ID on my.nintendo.com

>all this cool shit revealed for the 3DS
>ps4 talk is literally nothing, just porting linux using a year and a half old kernel exploit that nothing has come of

>>picture off reddit
How do you know that

The fuck you talking about? USB Helper does everything for you and has a pretty nice UI too.

how many hours until PS4 conference?

So does this mean an 11.0 downgrade with no DSiware, no hardmod, and no second 3ds is imminent?

No.

>Bootrom has been dumped and Soundhax announced at 33c3

But what does it mean

26 minutes.

Literally never.

twitter.com/notzecoxao/status/813081543409340416

Doesn't help the kernel exploit has been patched so your average Joes get no benefit from this at all.

it means nothing. only more waithax for latefags

twitter.com/Mathieulh/status/807702017682587649

Soon.

thanks senpai

Who do we believe?

>tfw haxchi is the best the wii u will get
>rednand is pointless because 5.5.1 will be the last firmware
>you fell for the wii u meme

former rxtools emunand user here. i switched to luma for emunand to smooth over the transition to a9lh then made sure I had a big enough SD card for backing up two NANDs. after that I just followed the guide and it was easy. make sure you can download torrents because some important files are downloaded from magnet links. you can even download from magnet links on an Android smartphone and with a micro SD card with micro SD to SD adapter for your 3DS, you can put the micro SD in your phone and download the 2.1.0 downgrade file to your micro SD card directly. this is different in the guide if you have a New3DS which has OTPless a9lh method. with Decrypt9WIP you can even backup emunand and restore it onto sysnand to make it easier and the files linked to it on the SD card will be linked to the changed sysnand. it was easy to transition over to a9lh with all the right steps involved. as for was it worth it? that's debatable however I do like having full control of the console and sysnand brick protection without emunand. and booting never fails unlike the menuhax + ctrbootmanager set up I once had.

zeco is mathieulh's lackey, so believe mathieulh.

We got boot0. Shame it doesn't really mean anything as piracy is pretty rife now and is simple to set up.

Should I install updatehax on my ps4? This shit seems lame

Constantly getting "An error has occurred" message when trying to initialize browserhax. What could be a common issue? I've tried the initialize save data thing a ton of times by now, reformatted the system, the SD card etc. On 9.8.0-25E

>you fell for the 3ds 11.1 meme
>you STILL think you can downgrade
STOP
THIS
PAIN
PLEASE

What else do you want the Wii U to do?

Good news?

Installing DLC would be nice

>11.0
>still can't downgrade without DSI games/ second 3ds

If you're lucky, maybe someone's holding on an DSi game for when fasthax is implemented.

Also dont forget 11.0 and 11.1 has the potential of no-DSiWare downgrading. Be patient.

Use sigpatcher or a CFW, nigger.

free entrypoint without having to buy a fucking DS game for 10 bucks, free Haxchi!!

the vita is dead, man. only yifan lube and maybe two or three devs are working on it at the moment. you ain't gon hear nothing about it on 33c3

when/if sighax gets realeased all you need is a DSiWare game.

Accept all HDD enclosures.

Why don't you poorshits just harmod? It costs less than 10 dollars for fucks sake.

soldering is hard and my uncle lost his finger while soldering one time

or a hardmod

PS4 in 10 minutes.

Prepare yourself for it's fucking nothing.

FUCK

Thanks so its mostly news for 3ds stuff right? Will the O3DS get extra support or not?

to be a good system

brick protection on sysnand, safer iosuhax on boot then coldboothax

nintendont with gamepad support

use haxchi
github.com/FlimFlam69/WiiUTutorial/wiki

Because I can't solder.

everything announced is working on O3DS

Can you patch wii u temp with syspatcher, then install DS VC, then install Haxchi and have free entrypoint?

What's the fastest way to install .cias? Don't want to wait a half hour every time before I can test my hack

How come I get "failed to install seeddb entry" whenever I try to download a game off of ciangel? what do I do to fix that?

where can i watch this/