/emugen/ - Emulation General

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page

Read the General problems FAQ before asking questions. If you still need help, post your specs (speccy screenshot), OS, emulator version number and details of what's wrong.

Please contribute to the wiki if you discover any inaccuracies or have relevant information to append.

READ THE WIKI BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS LIKE:
>Where do I get games
OR
>What is the best emulator for...

Check out the wiki for the emulator you're using if you run into trouble, there may be a solution there too, often including recommendations for optimal game settings.

Other urls found in this thread:

iwataasks.nintendo.com/interviews/#/3ds/zelda-ocarina-of-time/3/1
github.com/libretro/RetroArch/commit/141046b45b85f5f7cfb33048adde919b6a8337ef
:16963/cds/download?
osc.idc.ique.com:16963/cds/download?content_id=4101105
osc.idc.ique.com:16963/cds/download?content_id=4101104
cds.idc.ique.com:16963/cds/download?content_id=x
lacklustre.net/n64/ique/icons/2101104.png
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IQue_Player#Games
web.archive.org/web/20150309153957/http://retroactive.be/ique
github.com/snes9xgit/snes9x/issues/159
forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-How-To-Play-Online-Guide
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

emulation is a meme

Do not donate

Anybody have the Netplay PCSX2?
I wanna see if you can connect to me with a game.

I can't play weird Chinese bootlegs in Higan. Thanks a lot, Byuu. You accuracy autist.

Why is byuu hated?

Because he's a leftist pedophile.

please respond

He's the hero emulation deserves, but not the one it needs right now.

Give me a PS2 game to play. Nothing too famous. I've rinsed a lot of the PS2 library but I'm looking for something new.

WHERE IS TURTLE

Onimusha

Played all 3 of them.

Dawn of Dreams isn't real.

Gotta keep asking.

Any place to get older RA nightlies? Like, month old?

GrimGrimoire

This. Fucking. Game.

>Event where child (not even implied, it literally says "barely into puberty) is caught stealing. Buy her and take her to your mansion.
>Rape her
>She's depressed
>Eventually starts enjoying the rape
>Gets pregnant with your kid.
>Rape the kid
>Kid gets pregnant
>Give kid potion to make her miscarry
>Kid gets depressed

Jesus Christ.

what gaem?

>you play the hero

Probably an old Sierra game

sounds like byuu: the game desu

>sounds like byuu: the game desu

Boys can't get pregnant though

Not into RTS or Strategy, sorry bro

>pedophile

Citation needed.

Inb4 liking shota = pedo

Because he is eccentric and is impossible to work with when it comes to any standard he comes up with in regards to rom formats or other file formats. He is hostile to anyone who wishes to extend his standards without his express consent (See: the XML shader spec).

How is Ocarina of Time 3D structured? It's not emulated like master quest, but is it a complete remake? Does it still have the original file formats? Is the engine reused? It seems to have the glitches (wrong warp, bottle adventure, get item manipulation) left.

The glitches were intentionally added.

The (n64) unused content as well?

iwataasks.nintendo.com/interviews/#/3ds/zelda-ocarina-of-time/3/1
>Moriya It wouldn't be fun if your friends couldn't say, "Do you know about this?" So we left them in if they didn't cause any trouble and were beneficial.

>Iwata So you implemented them as you would specs, rather than treating them like bugs. It took some work and you had to go out of your way, but you preserved the spirit of the original.

>Moriya Yes. If something simply could not be allowed to stand, we begrudgingly fixed it, so some bugs don't appear, but we left in as many as we could, so people will grin over that.

Are you really implying that being attracted to underage boys is not pedophilia?

Forgot to mention, Byuu is 32 years old. The fact that he's got pictures of 10 year old boys on his twitter should raise an eyebrow.

ALIAS

Oh okay. But that implies they modified the source code and not remade it from scratch. HLE (like UltraHLE did) should be easy then.

Dalmatians 3

I guess it is if it's just the boy.

I personally like /ss/ and like to focus on the mature woman doing the work.

How does iQue Player ROM encryption work?

question for anybody who has dealt with putting emulators on wii/wiiU
is there any way to store the roms/isos on the internal hdd? i have a wiiU with a nearly empty 32gb hdd and it would be a shame if i had to buy an external just for file pathing autism

Strive for Power

github.com/libretro/RetroArch/commit/141046b45b85f5f7cfb33048adde919b6a8337ef

SP the hero society needs. Only he can fix the issues with race.

>tfw UG is dead
>tfw no place to get full romsets

Underground Gamer? Damn, it's been 3 and a half years since it died.

If you weren't retarded, you'd have found another place to download them from by now.

>make a post stating 1.4.0 is coming soon
>3 weeks later still isnt out

why though

But there isn't one single place to find all romsets. I checked the wiki and it's just a clusterfuck desu

GGn has no-intro sets for almost all retro consoles.

if you were friends w/ staff on UG you can get into the new super secret UG.

>new super secret UG
fug

Search "fbrbits" on TPB

the rom page on the wiki is all you need tho lol. archive has almost all active links.

>turn off duel core
>suddenly no more framerate drops in Battle for Bikini Bottom

あーありがとう イルカ先輩

Anybody know how to fix this ghosting/blur issue around characters in Colosseum Road To Freedom for PCSX2? Been looking around forums but it's not a very popular game. Tried messing with interlacing, skipdraw, and a few other things with no luck.

Will the i5 6500 handle anything I throw at it for PCSX2?

Nigga, 3.1ghz dual cores have been doing that since 2008.

Why not donate to improve the developer's life and show appreciation? That's what a donation MEANS, it's not an exchange. Cemu has clearly mindbroken you with its fucked up donation-for-product bullshit, because that isn't what real donations are.

>Nigga, 3.1ghz dual cores have been doing that since 2008.
No, not even close.

It's how PS2 games implemented a pseudo blooming-blur on the system all the time, you just aren't supposed to be able to tell at native resolution. It's not a bug, the games really are supposed to do that shit.

Are ASPI drivers required to run Sega CD games on all emulators? I'm trying on gens right now and it seems there aren't any ASPI drivers for Windows 10.

How do ZoE 1 and 2 emulate these days?

Bump. I downloaded the ique@home, found some good stuff:
there are two downloads, one ~2mb one ~230mb
the large one has a folder called "data"
it contains a folder called cache
in it, there are 2 layers of subdirectories containing files with the format "xx/yy/xxyyzzz", for example "41/01/4101105"
looking through the file "iqahc.exe" I found some interesting strings, such as some URLs
most of them are dead, but one was interesting:
:16963/cds/download?
if we navigate there, it says "invalid or missing content_id"
but if we append a filename from the cache dir, such as ?content_id=4101105, it gives us a binary file (filename: "download")
this has same md5 as what I find in cache.
so, cache contains all games but encrypted
there are 36 files in cache, largest one is 33mb, smallest one is 160kb
no headers, entropy of >99%
this means they're probably compressed
also, the application is based on Microsoft IE

Where do I go from here? Attempt to borrow/make an iQue account? I also found iQue drivers in there, could be reverse engineered. Do people want the iQue ROMs?

I think the crypto is handled by the system itself.

1 requires a decent computer and doesn't require OGL afaik
ZOE2 requires an insane computer and OGL, and I'm talking "bottlenecked by a 770 at native res" requirements

Hmm, maybe. But shouldn't it be encrypted with a system-unique key? Otherwise it'd be trivial to get the master key, and the card is locked to the device.

pleasee respond

idk

Maybe it's like other Nintendo systems. Files from the CDN have an extra crypto layer with a key you get when you purchase the game. There's an final layer of crypto on the games with a common key that's the same on every console. The game gets downloaded, has the outside crypto layer removed, then encrypted with a per-console key for storage. When loaded, the console has to remove both the per-console crypto and the common key crypto to access the content.

But I don't know if this ique thing is like that. But that's basically how DSi/3DS/Wii/Wiiu operate.

what do I do with the no-intro SNES bios files if I'm using Higan? they're .bin files, how do I extract the .program.rom and .data.rom files from that shit?

Been out of the loop for a while, does Dolphin still need a fast CPU to play some games? I got an i5 6500 after I screwed the pooch overclocking and killed my last one.

Do you still have to muck about on the wiki and switch between D3D and openGL, other graphics settings, depending on the game you want to play?

>But shouldn't it be encrypted with a system-unique key?
Post the other content IDs and lets see. I tried these and got 2 different files with the same size:
osc.idc.ique.com:16963/cds/download?content_id=4101105
osc.idc.ique.com:16963/cds/download?content_id=4101104
So maybe they're the same game encrypted for different console IDs?

No. It would be too resource intensive to have the per-console crypto on the server.

>Been out of the loop for a while, does Dolphin still need a fast CPU to play some games?
Shouldn't, a 6500 is already up there in terms of performance and Dolphin isn't that heavy in most game (hope you don't like EA multiplats though)

>I screwed the pooch overclocking and killed my last one.
How'd you manage that one?

Also, I used cds.idc.ique.com:16963/cds/download?content_id=x

ique is fake and homosexual. pay no attention to the chinese cheat machine.

So, those numbers are the title ids to games.
2101104 for example is OoT:
lacklustre.net/n64/ique/icons/2101104.png

Like I said, these files you get are probably like other Nintendo systems and have an outer layer encrypted with a title key you get when purchasing the game(same key for everyone).

These match up to game IDs listed at en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IQue_Player#Games but with some to spare. Maybe demos?

That key for the outer layer is probably stored in the 'tickets' file on the NAND storage. You can find some of those 'tickets' files in the dump available here: web.archive.org/web/20150309153957/http://retroactive.be/ique

But on other Nintendo systems the title key in the ticket first has to be decrypted with a common key first.

He has a nand dump listed, could see if you can find exact copies of encrypted files. Since the online stuff is shutting down dec 31, if that's true the key is in the console and so it's a "simple" manuever to extract it.

Who is this image you're posting all the time?

Why are you people actually discussing and trying to further emulation? Shouldn't you be arguing about your favorite emucelebs and telling trannies to kill themselves like everybody else?

don't worry, it's ique, they are just going to mentally masturbate until they have assured themselves that they are experts, then they will hide away, waiting for anyone to mention the ique again, and spring up out of the darkness, guns raised, voices booming: "Actually...."

Is there any hope for emulating obscure plug-and-play tv games?

I have a theory on how it works:
1) You buy a card
2) Redeem code, get a signed message "console id X can use game Y"
3) transfer over and encrypt with device pubkey the already encrypted rom and the signed message
4) console decrypts on-the-fly (there is no ram, all is streamed from nand and decrypted in the ASIC)

So, you probably need decapping to decrypt them

I don't think much more can be learned without a firmware dump. If the purchasing server is going offline, it'd probably be a good idea to buy every game on one ique device so you have all of the crypto keys, then get it in to the hands of someone who can do something with it.

who cares

see

github.com/snes9xgit/snes9x/issues/159
Nice one, muddy.

+1

Trying out mednafen saturn through retroarch

controls set to Saturn Joypad work totally fine, but switching to the 3D Pad completely fucks the default mappings, like my d-pad is set to face buttons and my right-analog stick is set to shoulder buttons or something
is there a fix for this or do i have to manually figure out what to swap around?

So much for that Christmas deadline for RA 1.4

Did they say Christmas of this year?

They only said Christmas.

They already exist, just spread over multiple devices. You need decapping or a logical vulnerability in the code to get the global keys, per-console key isn't needed if we can decrypt the cache.

Why do people care about RA 1.4 if you're going to use nightlies anyway?

I don't know. If you compare the ticket files you see there are 16 byte blocks right after the content id(converted to hex) that are different. Maybe the title key is encrypted with the per-console key before storage in the tickets file.

*compare starting from the same content ID between the two different 'tickets' file dumps in the archive from that one link.

Wat. Surely you aren't trying to run actual discs you've shoved into your optical drive, are you?

No, I've got roms and even with all the correct BIOS installed, gens doesn't launch the Sega CD games.

Dude, if I remember correctly shit like ASPI hasn't been required for SegaCD emulation in years. I honestly thought it was deprecated by Microsoft themselves.

Use a more modern emulator that isn't still written with the assumption you'd like to pop in the goddamned disc.

lakka or retropie

install virtual clone drive
mount game
play game

what audio api does ZSNES use?

DirectSound.

anyone?
i saw a couple people with the same issue on the forums a few months ago, i don't get why nobody would've made the defaults for the normal controller match the defaults for the 3d pad

Can Wii emulate CPS2 smoothly?
I want to emulate Super Street Fighter II Turbo on it (the version that never came to SNES)

forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-How-To-Play-Online-Guide