BMW M30

And just for shits

>4 banger
Chrysler 2.2 Turbo II
>V8
That monstrous 7.2 litre behemoth in the 70's Chrysler Imperial LeBaron
>V12
BMW S70/2

The BMW M70 is in my opinion one of the best looking engines ever. Absolutely gorgeous.

Dont fuck with AMC

Probably meant the golden, or are they bronze, cans facing each other.

so what are they

can't see anything bruh

certainly, after I'm done with you

youtube.com/watch?v=hXpPQhDPA1o
t. B5234T owner

You think? How can you not be sure? Call a doctor!

>inherently unbalanced
>axial rocking
>AXIAL ROCKING

..and flat 4

>Absolutely gorgeous.

All I see is plastic and a horrific casting job.

Why is this AMC inline piece of garbage rated so highly? I don't fucking get it. I HAVE a Grand Cherokee with an I6. It's not special

Subaru fags pls go

Salty because your transfer case is broken? Don't hate the engine, hate the car it's in.

Tell me one thing the AMC I6 is exceptionally good at other being a special snowflake inline 6. Protip: you can't.

the best type of rocking

It's somewhat reliable and powerful. Not on the same level as a 350 but good for a Chrysler.

You realize that pound for pound inline 4s have created some of the most impressive outputs known to man? Especially in the realm of motorcycles. Absolutely nothing competes. We are talking 250 crank horsepower with 120+ ft/lb of torque from something that weighs around 150 pounds.

>It's somewhat reliable and powerful. Not on the same level as a 350 but good for a Chrysler.
Now take all of these things, and it applies just the same to the V8 ZJs came with.

Anyone who says inline six or especially inline five is their favourite engine is automatically dismissed as a clueless bus riding retard. Fact.

I5 and i6 are both pure trash and there is zero reason for anyone to fanboy them other than blind subjective reasons that aren't even logical
Huur muh fast and furious 10 second poopra is literally the only reason someone could possibly think the i6 isn't a garbage configuration
I5 because dumb shit poorfag hipster Volvo fanboys

who gives a shit

Where do you want them to go, tough guy?

I'm not a fan of brand new cars in general but the new Cayman S is alright.

>you can only like engines for objective, logical reasons
spolen like a true newfag

Fucking thank you. It's about time these inline faggots get called the fuck out.

nothing less than 8 cylinder faggo

I6 is godlike for big (6l+) diesels. A turbo4 or V6 does everything a gas I6 does but better.

>HP/L

aka no torque.

It isn't that there is anything inherently superior about an i5 or i6, it's just that the few companies that have created i5 or i6s have created them in very reliable formats. Like who the hell is going to argue toyota's i6? cash money straight out of the box and easily modifiable. I stand by what I said, i4 is the most reliable config

i4 a shit, i3 a best.

>cash money straight out of the box

>300hp straight out of the box
>big, heavy and long
>TT system is complicated and unreliable
>out performed by a NA LS V8

Ls1 is also 300hp out of the box but it doesn't make 1000hp without being opened... does it?
In fact its lucky to make much more than 400hp without glass cannoning

And the 2jz it's far from unreliable

Ahhh the old "2JZ's will make xxxxhp by just cranking up the boost" bullshit. That's why there's no good Supra's left.

>corvette6milesfromdealership.jpg

Lmao

V8

Also Durango V8 a best dodge.

The sound alone makes up for all its flaws.

This

By just cranking up the boost no
But yes they will make 1000hp without opening the block and quite reliably... tuners worth their salt are making those numbers from unopened blocks with 80k already on them and pushing for another 20k no problems..

Maybe you should learn something about these engines if you're going to act like an expert

>80k already on them and pushing for another 20k no problems..
OKay, 80k is dick all, mileage doesn't even affect power capacity. And then they get another 20 whole entire K out of them WOW SO RELIABLE!

This.
Volvo faggets seems to forget that their shitBricks are fwd

Yeah you just love that RWD bus you ride huh?

Kekd

It's the best engine to get in a Jeep-badged product, so it's just the Jeepfags that rate it so highly.

Most volvos are fwd

A 2jz won't make 1000 for long without being opened. Both them and the ls must be built to last.

the VR6 design is probably the best in terms of power/weight/size ratio. inline 6 is bad for emissions with todays strict emission requirements. boxers balanced layout is also good

kek. It's not even 200hp and weighs as muchas a LS1. It's a fucking boat anchor.

3.6 V-8, 400hp

>B5234T

god engine

> MEDIOCRAH

What prevents the oil from spilling out through the exhaust valves?

>vw fan boi doesn't understand why only poor boi racers drive vw's
They make under 200 hp and weigh a fuckton. It's also transverse. It's literally a dog shit fwd boat anchor

stem seals

This.....but with blue rocker cover

Literally wrong on every account, good job mate

It's not fast but it works, you can beat the shit out of it and it's fine.

>having to get the engine out of the fucking car every time you want to fix something
kys faggot.

the Chevy 350 is the greatest engine ever made.

fits into anything, parts are cheap as fuck and abundant, huge aftermarket support, good power output, and possibly the simplest engine you could ever wrench on.

Why people glorify 5 cyl so much?

>Half of a V10
>Sounds like a racecar
I'm not a big fan but I get it

B-but the number is odd.

okay I admit it!!

It is weird but it works, and it it is pretty unique.

BMW N52/N54 are the NA/FI god engines, respectively.

The sound, the sound the biggest part. And I mean, how often to you see a 5 cylinder engine? It's a cool unique part of automotive history.

>No timing belt on 4 cyl
>Paired to 5 speed auto
That's pretty good for the time, took that car from 2003 to 2007 and they still run strong.

hell yeah bro except my ignition coils took a shit 2 hours away from home on my n54

>what is a Barra

Not as bulletproof as a 7.3, but it is more powerful and it was the last engine you could legally run a straight exhaust on.

>forgot pic

>Not as bulletproof as a 7.3
>Posts a 7.3
u wot m8

Also 6.9 best small IH diesel.