Hey Veeky Forums

Hey Veeky Forums,
I'm designing the digital dash for my drifter, that will run on a motec display. I'm open for any suggestions. Show me elements or whole displays you think look cool.

dam i was following a japanese guy on facebook that designed his own stuff a while ago. I forgot who it was. He was super into rally

What's wrong with normal gauges and bulbs

FACT, LEDs give you cancer

FACT, Bulbs are superior to look at

>FACT, LEDs give you cancer
Maybe if you eat them.

They do, with Bulbs the magic dust is contained within glass, that the black
Magic can't escape

With LEDs is like arched between contacts in plastic or some shit

FACT, plastic can't reliably contain magic

Plastic has been able to contain magic since the mid 90s my man. Trust me my dad works at Sylvania.

I still don't trust it. But then all my cars are pre-90's

Bulbs are where it's at dawg

This is what I have so far. It needs a timer, so I have to change the layout again. I thought about making the rpm meter shorter and displaying the vehicle speed next to it.

>Bulbs can't give you cancer

Ever heard of these babies? A few years ago, the EU prohibited the sale of traditional light bulbs, forcing people to switch to these (slot of money probably changed hands, fuck the EU). Turns out, they contain Quicksilver dust and can make a house inhabitable when smashed.
Good thing I only bought LED and halogen when I built my house.

Forgot image

G sensor
Timer and lap split timer
Tire temp. / Pressure if possible

Some things I'd put

Nah, too complicated. We pretty much build this for shits n giggles.

So that's it then, I guess.

A drift button seems important.

FACT, LEDs emit radiation
FACT, cancer

That looks gay as homos fucking. Why do you need to be a special snowflake and reinvent the wheel? Just use something off the shelf from somebody that knew what they were doing.

I mean seriously, what are you doing here? Look at this crap you made, how long do you have to look at it to discern the readings?

seriously this, OP is a faggot.

want a real suggestion? Stop being a faggot.

>hating on dials
Fuck you op. Get a digital speed readout if you really need it but nothing can beat watching the needle bounce around, especially if you are thrashing the shit out of it

Are you a programmer? How do you know how to do this, and what kind of equipment do you need?

Why the fuck would you want a digital dash? Its harder to see in direct sun light, rice as fuck, input lag and overall not necessary.

so does the sun