The great debate

The great debate

Which do you prefer?

The Taoists did appear profligate to the more worldly confucian scholars, kek.

Which is why Taoist cults are popularly associated with magicians and hermits.

Taoism. Less apologetics for the Chinese state.

I like both.. Taoism is more like a help to conceive the human body and the universe while confucianism provided us with a set of rules that help managing families or government.
I see truth in both of them and dontbthink of them as mutually exclusive.
t. Gungfuboo

Daoism didn't get immediately cucked by legalism.

Shinto.

Conficianism is awful.

Buddhism

>Shinto
>OOGABOOGA HOLY ROCK, SACRIFICE GIRL TO SPIRITS!

And it still beats Confucianism.

mainstream religions were almost immediately hijacked by the elites for their own hubris and to insert whatever values they needed to keep the population under check.

It's the inconvenient truth. Finding a pure faith has always been impossible.

Confucianism was literally made by an old man who wanted his family to fucking wait on him when he got too old. Confucianism is subtle way of saying "everyone respect me because im the grandfather" its self preservation garbage

>Shinto
"We must secure the survival and existence of our buildings by ensuing the lifeburial of human sacrifieces"

Albeit, to be fair, they abolished this by themselves at some point.

Shinto was literally tamed by a combo of Confucian & Buddhist beliefs.

That sort of shit halted Japs burying people alive whenever they wanted to construct a new building.

Confucius was infamously an asshole to his family and was far busy looking for employment and preaching to his students than being cared by them.

Opposites appear mutually as the result of each other. Without Confucianism there is no Daoism, and without Daoism there is no Confusionism. To assert one over the other would be to upset the balance.

They just heard by rumors of the chinese using bones in their cement and misinterpreted it as human sacrifice.

So was Ghandi, your point being?

Well, maybe so many Japanese people wouldn't die in earthquakes if they kept burying people alive during construction

Checkmate, Buddhafags

Daoism for sure, Confucianism has always struck me as propaganda/justification for keeping the masses in check (which to be fair it did spectacularly well)
Shinto's definitely my favorite, though I like its syncretic mix with Buddhism.
>Checkmate, Buddhafags
you do know even today 90% of Japs have buddhist funerals right?

Wait...Shinto involved human sacrifice? How long ago was this?
My missus is japanese, I'm definitely gonna let her have it after discovering this little nugget of information hahaha.

So fuck them, buncha bitch ass niggas.

Why do memes resemble ancient gods so much? Do they represent some shared element of human psychology?

>Wahh I don't like human sacrifice

Cuck

There's nothing new under the sun. That being said, I think you're reaching a little.

A long, long time ago.

Read Campbell's Masks of God. IMO it's easily the best and most important thing he ever did, and that's saying something.

mohism