/hbg/ - homebrew and hacking general

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (Downgrade: 11.1 - Entrypoints: smealum.github.io/3ds)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05 (Kernel)
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: 3ds.guide/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
IOSU+Kernel Exploit: github.com/FlimFlam69/WiiUTutorial/wiki
Vita: pastebin.com/v3caHHnp

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-sighax has been announced. It will replace a9lh in the future
-Bootrom has been dumped, fasthax and fasthax announced
-DS games via SD card released gbatemp.net/threads/454323/
-11.0/11.1 downgrading released. Requires 4 specific DSi games that are no longer available. More info here: 3ds.guide/nfirm-downgrade
-If you're on 11.0-11.2 and don't have any of the 4 games above you'll need a second CFW 3DS along with any DSiWare game.

>Wii U
-A new method to get regionfree has been released. gbatemp.net/threads/448468
-New DNS that block updates have been released. gbatemp.net/threads/451486 & gbatemp.net/threads/436346
-New tool for dumping images from a Wii U disc has been released gbatemp.net/threads/wudump-dump-raw-images-from-a-wiiu-game-disc.451736/

>Vita
-PSN spoofing is broken on the Vita for both Henkaku and TaiHenkaku currently.
-Adrenaline released. gist.githubusercontent.com/TheOfficialFloW/0ed4e09e2d447e631416cb84d7c43107/raw/readme.txt
-taiHENkaku released along with source. tai.henkaku.xyz/
-Some .vpk files can brick your Vita. Be careful. wololo.net/2016/10/04/warning-ps-vita-brickers-in-the-wild/
-Update 3.61 patches HENkaku.

>PS4
-4.06 patches the 4.01 jailbreak, DO NOT UPDATE

>PS3
-4.81 Rebug CFW released
-It's possible to run games on OFW 4.70 without ODE and IDPS. gbatemp.net/threads/447577

Other urls found in this thread:

gbatemp.net/threads/454323/
3ds.guide/nfirm-downgrade
gbatemp.net/threads/448468
gbatemp.net/threads/451486
gbatemp.net/threads/436346
gbatemp.net/threads/wudump-dump-raw-images-from-a-wiiu-game-disc.451736/
ebay.com/itm/Micro-SD-SDHC-2017-Dual-Core-Memory-Adapter-Card-for-3DS-DS-Lite-DSi-XL-2DS-NDS/182395501700
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Not an argument.

yo when's soundhax

So what's the real benefit of the new Bootrom exploit replacing A9LH?

>muh custom home menus
Is that it? You got more shit from Emunand to A9LH, the biggest of which is significantly faster and easier piracy. And you already got anti-brick with A9LH. Not to mention the custom home themes would probably look like shit like the UIs of nearly all homebrew apps besides freeShop which has a mediocre UI at best.

Why should I waste my time uninstalling A9LH to install this shit? What actual benefit do you get with Bootrom exploit? Unless it's shit like easily running DS, N64, PS1, and Gamecube ROMs at max speed, it seems to be literally nothing.

>fasthax and fasthax announced
you had one job OP

>fasthax and fasthax announced

Second for cuckhax release when

>not /gap/
dropped

Literally nothing for the PS4. Im updating this is stupid

> fasthax and fasthax announced

Dude.

Not an argument.

Should /hbg/ just be renamed to Console Piracy General?

Since posters here don't give a fuck about anything even remotely related to homebrew if it doesn't involve getting games for free.

-sighax has been announced. It will replace a9lh in the future
-Bootrom has been dumped, fasthax and fasthax announced

What the hell are those things, I know nothing.

>N64, PS1, and Gamecube ROMs at max speed
hahahahahahahahahaha

a9lh is obsolete now pretty much going to be the new
>cakes

>Bootrom has been dumped, fasthax and fasthax announced
>>fasthax and fasthax
>sighax has been announced. It will replace a9lh in the future
>>boot9 will replace a9lh not sighax
>
>>No wii u news

Not an argument.

>bought my copy of Cubic Ninja over 2 years ago for $10
>hear today's news, take a cursory look at what the game is going for on eBay right now, and list my copy at $40 buy it now
>sells in less than a minute

I think I felt my nose grow a few inches.

When did this "not an argument" meme start propping up?

I don't get why it was renamed to /hbg/ back when the thread was literally about a piracy tool.

>tfw spent 8 hours going to 2.1 and installing a9lh on n3DS

got some keys or something

a man with brilliant prose came in and informed us of the Molyneux Fallacy

Does anyone have exprience with this tool? I have a bcstm file for the background music but the "load" button is greyed out. I have enabled the background music flag.

some shitposters got extremely triggered by an user who suggested that the general change it's name since nobody really discusses homebrew

For this part: Section III - Injecting the game and save

>Press (Y) on the file(s) in the savedata folder to copy them
>If there is a savedata folder inside of the savedata folder, it is not by mistake. You should copy the second savedata folder, not the files inside of that.

>Press (Y) to paste a copy of the contents of the savedata folder to FAT IMAGE

Does the sav folder go into the FAT IMAGE or do the contents of the save folder go into FAT IMAGE?

I've tried it both ways and neither way does anything differently... plz help

should've tried $50

Does DOOM run better on N3DS or Vita? Which homebrew has the better port?

not one person agreed with you
don't try this pathetic shit

It shouldn't, fuck off already. We told you we care. There's not always a lot to discuss, but when there is, we do. And having it in the name of the general encourages that topic.

Because it wasn't all we were talking about, and it was clear that we were getting more stuff from the scene and not from piracy companies. We also wanted to include other consoles for the future, which again, don't get discussed much, but that's not a reason to change the name of the general to something like "3ds piracy". Stop being autistic.

Last thread, making fun of a shitposer. Hopefully the whole thing is over now.

You already said that jew. And congrats on selling a valuable tool used to hacking 3DS's, enjoy wasting time with the shittier unstable methods.

>buttmad prosefag projector deflector is still butthurt

It was renamed to /hbg/ when the thread started being about custom homebrew and more than just piracy instead of just 3DS flashcarts.

Now it's just about piracy, mostly 3DS piracy.

What the fuck is sighax? I've been gone for only a week.

Not an argument.

reminder to ignore the shitposters (whether they're ironic or not) and the whole "name change" thing that are only hurting the thread

Vita has homebrew

I wasn't the only one who suggested it
You tried this pathetic "nobody agrees with you" shit in the last thread, it didn't work.

>last thread died literally 2 minutes after link to new thread posted
Ship successfully and swiftly abandoned.

wait, really? holy shit, that's awesome.

All my other systems are hacked, and if they weren't I can solder.

In other words, "not an argument" ;^)

The samefag trick is really old you know

efficiency!

Back then yeah, since you couldn't pirate vita games.
Now it's just teaching people how to pirate on the vita and waiting on 3.1/psn support

The Vita source port is a port of the PSP one, it's mediocre

The 3DS one is a port of PrBoom, doesn't support ZL/ZR and C-Stick

im skeptical but ill keep my hopes up

There is a port that supports ZL/ZR and the C-Stick.

>everyone who disagrees with me is a samefag

Grow the fuck up.

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-sighax has been announced, allowing for signing of custom firmwares.
-Bootrom has been dumped, soundhax and fasthax announced at 33c3.
-DS games via SD card released gbatemp.net/threads/454323/
-11.0/11.1 downgrading released. Requires 4 specific DSi games that are no longer available. More info here: 3ds.guide/nfirm-downgrade
-If you're on 11.0-11.2 and don't have any of the 4 games above you'll need a second CFW 3DS along with any DSiWare game.

>Wii U
-Boot0 code execution displayed at 33c3, along with boot1 dumping.
-A new method to get regionfree has been released. gbatemp.net/threads/448468
-New DNS that block updates have been released. gbatemp.net/threads/451486 & gbatemp.net/threads/436346
-New tool for dumping images from a Wii U disc has been released gbatemp.net/threads/wudump-dump-raw-images-from-a-wiiu-game-disc.451736/

fixed for next thread
if you honestly think that it'd be possible to emulate ps1 at max speed on 3ds, let alone gamecube, be prepared to be let down

Good.

remember to ignore anyone who says /hbg/ talks about piracy more than homebrew because they're just shitposting

now when do we get sighax so I can pirate on my PS4 and 11.2 3DS?????????????

So I heard some shit went down about the 3ds bootrom or some shit. What I wanna know is, can I install CFW on my 11.1 without downgrading yet?

That's the biggest draw.

Not an argument.

People complaining about the shitty games we're getting lately and here we are killing companies.

Hackers are truly the ones killing the industry.

QUESTION ON THE DS GAMES VIA SD

TWLoader is so fucking slow. There is so much lag when loading and some games crash. I'm assuming there is no way to fix this correct? The software needs to be updated more? If so, should I just wait until it's been improved or is there ways to better the emulation now?

It could also be credited to the fact I'm using an O3DS. Could anyone let me know?

>signing of custom firmwares
what does this let us do in layman's terms?

make sure you have a dsiware game and wait

>Boot0 code execution displayed at 33c3
Hasn't that been demonstrated on 31c3?
The boot1 dump was new.

Not a counterargument.

Switch piracy when?

Moving the film lense.

Rewinding the tape.

2021 most likely.

plz help... I'm so close to finishing these damn guides...

You spend $10 on a flashcart, or you wait.

Excepting the fax.

Vita+Wii U didn't die because of pirates
3DS has good games

Autistic Shitposting

character assassination

sighax should help speed it along once it's released though shouldn't it?

1 argument expected, 0 arguments specified.

A9LH only patches code on boot. This will let you install firmwares that are prepatched.

autism

get a damn flashcart.

or continue to wait until shovelware can run at a semi decent framware.

Not an argument.

I'm still too retarded to understand but I guess I'll get it when I see it in practice.

For the end user, I'm guessing you won't really notice much.

at 31c3 they showed a prototype of arm9loaderhax.
the idea is that boot0 boots anyhting in firm0 and firm1 as long as the header is a specific size it doesnt check if the code is valid. a9lh exploits this to run in the first place before the os even boots.

autism

What are the advantages/disadvantages of using rednand on WiiU? There are a lot of conflicting opinions out there even though nearly every guide still recommends it.

I set it up earlier today without issue and have been playing games from an external HDD just fine, but I see people saying it's a waste of time.

argument

ad infinitum

can someone explain sighax to the dumbass? I already have a9lh and I figured that was more or less good enough for someone wanting to play games. Idk what it means when it says true cfw, but why does it even matter to a person like me? I can already do anything I want to the system

You fuck off already. Naming the General a topic that barely gets 2% of the discussion in the actual thread just to encourage that topic is completely fucking retarded. You don't care when you almost never discuss homebrew and homebrew that can't be used to pirate almost always gets trashed.

Also nobody suggested chaning the general to "3ds piracy" you autistic fuck. You made fun of the "shitposter" by actually shitposting and fucking over the thread.

nothing, haxchi on sysnand is enough

And that will improve the cfw experience how? What new gateways does this open? What new types of applications can be developed from this?

Doesn't let you use vWii and requires a decent sized SD card. Otherwise it protects you from bricks (Which aren't really a widespread issue yet, not much to do besides play games) and lets you update if Nintendo ever releases one.

autism

Why is the American R4 site closed?

Full house of wisdom.

I see. I still have a modded Wii laying around so I'll probably just keep it until something better comes out for sysnand.

Thank you for the info though.

>and lets you update if Nintendo ever releases one.
Sure someone said you would brick if you updated because redNAND CFW isn't patched for it yet.

what model flashcart is this even?

ebay.com/itm/Micro-SD-SDHC-2017-Dual-Core-Memory-Adapter-Card-for-3DS-DS-Lite-DSi-XL-2DS-NDS/182395501700

You probably can figure that out.

Why can't that faggot just stop? There's no reason at all to change it why is he suddenly being so fucking autistic

Welp, scratch that then. Still a long ways away from realistically seeing an update, so hopefully we're past that by then.
Unless you're installing shady homebrew left and right, Haxchi sysnand is equal or better than it already.

looks fake as fuck anyway avoid it

r4sdhc. looks fake actually im not even sure there is a 2017 edition yet.
i bought all my flashcards from amazon after reading user reviews.

The reason to change it is because the general doesn't talk about homebrew and when it does it's for getting pirated console games to run.

Why can't you just stop and accept it? Instead of ignoring the reasons that have been explained over and over now and spouting autism faggot autistic insults like an ADD riddled child?

Just ignore

Just ignore