Why is Veeky Forums so Eurocentric?

Why is Veeky Forums so Eurocentric?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6mTEpicRFwM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because most of posters here are Europeans and North Americans.

Europe has a very expansive and unique history and has been home to many great philosophers.

There is more recorded history in Europe than anywhere else in the world.

If I was a chink I'd probably be Sinocentric.

They are nazi racist KKK white supremacists.

Because Europe has a long and interesting history
The only places that can compete are East Asia and Turkey
Middle Eastern shitholes were nothing past ancient time
The US have a cool history but very short
And the rest doesnt even deserve mention

>We nearly exterminated the drug loving native Americans instead of the dindu's.

No shit, Euroniggers are up there with Africa in its level of tribalism.

because Europe went out and brought all the other countries and land under its direct or indirect rule

Most people on Veeky Forums are of European descent. No matter what race you are, if you're kind of a dummy you'll always overestimate the achievements of people similar to you.

>what is European Union

>What is Holy Roman Empire.

Because this board is mainly populated by Europeans or people of European descent.
Anyone who says anything else is fucking stupid.

"Disdain for Plebs" have grown annoying over time Y/N

Found the butthurt PoC
Europe objectively has a better history than your hellhole
Why don't you go catch fish with some wooden net your people invented instead of posting on the European made internet through your European made computer in an European language?

>jealous Amerilards

Because most people here are europeans or close to europe so its more interesting to hear about people who might have been your ancestor or something like that.

>Turkey

roach detected.

Middle east do actually have a longer history.

Yeah that must totally be that
When was the last time Japan made an anime about the history of your African shitholes again?

Can't you read?
The Middle Est became irrelevant as shit after Ancient Time

Maybe it is because Europe got such a big cultural Influence on Japan?
The same reason westerners go retarded about Samurais, because Anime has sucesfully infiltrated and half destroyed Euro minds.

Don't be faggots both places had rich history before and after antiquity.

Orientalism is a thing too.

We're fascinated with what's foreign, but ultimately root for the home team.

Western Europe didn't get relevant till Rome
>inb4 greece
Those are confirmed non white

>Those are confirmed non white

Back to /int/ retard. And even if that was true, white and European are not synonyms.

>"the middle east has a longer history than europe"
>better post memes so i can "prove" that euro history is superior

American history is up there faggot.

Not are totally subjective terms that change with time though.

Enjoy your new Sharistan mate.

>nogunz
>Sharia law
>Goverment has their dick in literally everything you do
>50% tax rates
Nah, I'm good. You can keep that shit.

because
we
are
euros
and
speaking
euro
language
middle-east-has-history-that-europeans-discovered

Three reasons:
>There is a greater volume of historical records for western civilization than just about any other (China and the middle east come close)
>Most people on this board are from western countries
>Can't discuss anything pertaining to non-white people on Veeky Forums without edgy racism and "WE WUZ" memes

Whereas western history has been studied academically for centuries, we've just begun to unravel the history of non-western/precolonial societies. That makes it a very fascinating subject, but unfortunately butthurt racists will stifle any substantial discussion with shitposting.

This is true enough

We had a good thread a few weeks back where I posted some illustrated Bible manuscripts from South Sudan that I'd helped digitize. Everything started off okay, but then a bunch of people showed up accusing it of being fake and desperately trying to "prove" the manuscripts weren't from Africa, for some reason. One of them had determined the Bible was actually from Medieval France, because there was modern French written in the digital margin. I explained that I was the one who had made the notes in the first place, but they didn't care to listen. Eventually I just got tired of it and stopped posting.

I'm sorry for the anons who missed out on something they found interesting. Hopefully I'll be in the library again soon and can take some more pictures of them.

Because European history is world history for the most part.

That said, there are threads spanning from mesoamerican history to east Asian.

>Believing in memes

You drank the kool aid son

>Sudanese scum stealing French history

WE

/board

>Most parts
Since relatively recently I would say, even the Romans didn't affect much in India, China or Messo America.
What about putting the starting date at the Portuguese travel to India the sea way?

A diseased body in dire need of having it's tumors cut out if it is to be worth saving.

All whites have is their history. They know the future doesn't belong to them desu

Tunnel Vision and plebs who have no true appreciation of world history.

People who usually spout terms like "relevant" or "irrelevant" are the worst kind of people.

Not an argument

I personally find European history boring. I wish we had more SEA, South Asian, Pacific islander, West, Central and Eastern African threads. More mesoamerica, Andes and North American threads too.

Shh bby is oke

You also happen to be a buttpained PoC

Yes it is. I'm calling Eurocentrics plebs.

WE WUZ FRENCH N SHIET

No it's just these are more interesting since I feel I know enough about european history. Its tired and old. It's like discussing about old chapters in a manga while ignoring The newest ones.

What you think is irrelevant

>since I feel I know enough about european history

Then that's the reason
European history is objectively superior and most interesting, but since you know about it already, you want to learn the second rate histories of other continents as well now
You should have said that from the beginning

How many peer-reviewed works of academic literature have you read, out of interest?

Classic fragile ego

Muslims are the fastest growing demographic in Europe, especially Arabic speakers from North Africa and the Near/Middle East. Enjoy your hadiths in a few decades.

if i want to learn asian history, i go to asian history forum. not western one

Europe was the engine driving world history for around 2500 years.

Eurocentric in what sense?

If you mean by claiming that Europeans did basically everything relevant then that's because it's true.

If you mean by us only talking about Europe it's because besides Asia basically every other region of the planet is irrelevant in the story of humanity. Sure you can talk about Mali or some bumfuck Native American tribe, but it's not like they were important in the history of the planet.

Egypt > Greeks > Rome > European Kingdoms > Colonial Europeans > Post Industrial Europeans/their colonies

That is basically a timeline of every relevant civilisation/group of civilisations in history. Throw in China and a few early medieval middle eastern kingdoms and you've covered literally everything that's important.

This is a board in an American site using English that shares a spot with a white supremacist board
c'mon I know you can do it

This. Even when talking about "white" history like celts or germanics most of the threads die due to WE WUZ BARBS AND SHIEET memes because everything that slightly deviates from the "standard history" is automatically discredited due to MUH CIVILIZATION

Damn fucking shame to be honest.

China was pretty much the center of the world and root to most inventions up to, say, X-XII century or so. So yeah, I don't really see your point. Arab golden age also comes to mind.

Boo

Good one. They only became relevant in the last 500-600 years.

If you dislike "eurocentrism" then stop using your computer, the internet and literally every modern powered appliance and civilizational comfort surrounding you

Stupid niggercoon

Not an argument

>what is ancient greece
>what is Rome
Neck yourself Jamal

>forgetting the ancient middle east

Come on, those niggers basically created the first states.

Half the microsoft programmers are asian you fuckwit.

the same way why anime is japanesecentric, the same way why bollywood is indiancentric, the same way why hiphop is nigger centric

fag

>founder and cofounder are white
>nearly all of the high positions are white
>use chinks and poo in loos as code monkeys, as is their place

>WE
>WUZ
>VIKANGZ

>live in a country where your own government spies on you
>police beat you up because you are a darkie
>people want to teach """"""intelligent"""""""" design as scientific fact
>Its alright because you get to shoot semi automatic weaponry.

Note how the stormfag spergs out.

>talking about police state when you can be literally arrested and jailed for tweeting in the UK

how about you start using mathematics using the roman numeral system because it is european?

The CEO of Microsoft is Indian, the chairman of Microsoft is apparently black.

delete this

It is okay to admit the over-achievement of Western civilization the past few centuries. To not do so is to undermine the wealth of contributions to political theory and philosophy that is likely humanity's greatest hope for the betterment of all moving forward.

>China was pretty much the center of the world
the entire region is a topographic sweatshop of the world

What anime is this from ?

Maria the Witch or something. If you ignore all the fanservice and focus on the soldiers it has very good parts, the combat specially between soldiers or the duels are top tier, best depiction of western martials arts I seen in anime (unless you count Hajime no Ippo as western martial arts anime).

That's sound pretty full of fantasy elements but pretty good anyway, thank you very much user !

>Europe
Not really.

Pic related is pretty much the only relevant part of the world. The rest never really mattered.

Europe did the most

/thread

You described America. wouldn't expect a sharting burger to know any better though.

>Babylon
>relevant outside of the Bible
>ever

Yup, John W. Thompson

>capital of Hammurabi's Babylonian Empire, of the Neo-Babylonian Empire, of the Persian Empire...
>most important city in Mesopotamia

>>most important city in Mesopotamia
>baghdad
>byzantium

Talking about ancient Mesopotamian civilisation, not the fucking Middle Ages.

And Constantinople is already on the map, and also is not even in Mesopotamia.

the greek colony of byzantium controlled all of anatolia & mesop for a thousand years, and that was before christ

by this logic, the most important moroccan city is rome or some such shit

Dude what, Byzantium was just some random irrelevant colony.

Because Murica is the baby of Europe sadly

it was a glorious colony, a shining beacon of light, for western imperialism of the time. much like australia is today down here in the pacific-indian

>forgot wojak
>inb4 china is ottomans

what a lazy fucking kid, bet the house on it too

Europe by far has the most interesting and meaningful history. Europeans are the most successful people on the planet, so its important to read their past and understand how they arrived in their current situation.

American history is important because America is the world's current superpower. It was an revolutionary federal republic out to prove the veracity of democracy in the face of monarchism.

I myself like learning in specific
>American history
>Roman history
>Swiss history
>Brazilian history
As a kid my favorite part of history was the middle ages, and later I liked the renaissance. I hated the Victorian age because I felt it was boring to learn about. Back in middle school, I'm shocked at how much baroque/harpsichord music I used to listen to. Later in highschool my opinions switched and I felt the renaissance wasn't that interesting anymore but the Victorian age was.

Right now my opinion for the renaissance is reflourishing. Listening to some Vivaldi once again.
youtube.com/watch?v=6mTEpicRFwM

>not china
>not reaching up to swedistan from germany for founding dat dere modern chemistry+biology+military

So is modern mathematics.
inb4
>muh 0
>muh arabic numerals

Emphasis on modern.

>meaningful history

how do you define that?