Tom Clancy's The Division General /divg/

No More Kawaii Operator Edition

I will post this general everyday until you like it

>Update 1.5 patch notes
tomclancy-thedivision.ubi.com/game/en-us/news/152-275402-16/the-division-update-15-survival-patch-notes

>Twitter/Forum
twitter.com/TheDivisionGame
forums.ubi.com/forumdisplay.php/498-The-Division?s=05301fb84bc812f6898090faf8670414

>Best guide is best
docs.google.com/document/d/1g6wkNuXw0VJiymTqa79Yze7iJPNjMi35zerzd31fN6M/edit#

>Wiki is dead but we have this
divisionfieldguide.com

We have a Discord: discord.gg/mG7Sjcu

Last Wave:

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/5klxrj/fps_boost_for_pc_players/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Do the pulsed enemies hit by the Pulse Turret gain additional damage taken or are they just pulsed?

Probably the pulse give you a damage boost but im not 100% sure.

What does the white X on the rikers uniform mean?

maybe cuz DZ coins were easy to get, i mean high end seal cache could cash out 3.5k average not to mention 1 or 2 people you kill along the way and the bounty you get from not getting caught

Liefling... Extracting in Survival.

Means an X

Your screenshots are all terribly uninteresting.

Does anybody run more than one agent? I don't see the point in having character slots I mean there's bugger all difference between them.

I'm really enjoying this, got it in the January sale on PS4. Just a shame there are rampant connection issues, is it always like this or is it just worse because of the holidays?

THE CLEANERS DID NOTHING WRONG

I couldn't care less about what you think!

I have 3.

For you.

Are there any point in using first aid when the support station exists?

Yes, it is much quicker! You will find out when you try to set a health station when you are surrounded by enemy!

Typical noob question!

Pretty shit stats desu senpai

I would if leveling them, upgrading BoO and unlocking HVTs weren't necessary. But it's too tedious for me to bother with.

Haha, yeah right, I bet you don't even come close to this!!
Moron!

!

>have AB build
>Miss my Firecrest build and the matching color of it with my default clothes

Should i do it guys? Should i revert back to my Firecrest build?

AB?
t. noob

Only reason I have leveled a second character is my best friend got the game last month. Leveling with him.

Why not? As long as you could pull your weight in groups and solo effectively, there's no reason to min-max. It's not as though the game is difficulty. That's all for PvE though. PvP isn't my game.

Are you trying to run challenge content solo? If not then go back to fire crest.

Are you autistic?

Why can't I stop using my SCAR-H? I fucking love it. Are there any more baller battle rifles in the game? I saw an SVD but it's literally half the range which I don't appreciate.

Is there gonna be a free weekend again? I missed the last one by 20 minutes

What does the yellow and violet skull icons in the Dark Zone mean?

You mean on the map? I'm in the underground so can't look right now, but there should be an icon legend up on the map as well.

If you mean next to enemy health bars then they are like 5+ levels above you.

How do you make this game not run like a fat kid during PE

Turn down the fucking settings?

reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/5klxrj/fps_boost_for_pc_players/
turn streaming distance all the way to 0
close everything you can in background
download more ram
stop playing on a toaster XDD :P

A rogue agent.

Any tips for a new player? im currently at level 15 and most enemies are starting to become bullet sponges

Replacing all your gear with current level stuff? Making sure you're wearing gear that increases firearms and stamina? Have a good weapon with high ROF and good stability?

I am but doesn't seem to be working also what do i do with named gears? i got a few for buying the season pass i think but theyre around level 4-5 gears

It means they gon give it to ya.

I'm more worried about the skills. Smart Cover, Seeker Mines, Medkit and Mobile Cover feels kind of shit but maybe i'm just using them wrong?

How do we make Electronics great? Make it also provide skill haste?

That stuff is just to start out with you can get rid of them once they are worse off. Either keep leveling up if your problem is with missions or use matchmaking. You really don't become a solo machine until 256.
I rarely see mobile cover and smart cover and even then it's only in heroic incursions. Seeker mine isn't that great until you upgrade it to fire or split. I guess you're referring to support station when you say medkit. It really shines when you have it modded to auto res and remember you can double tap the button to just quickly drop it at your feet for when you're about to go down in solo play.

Anyone know?

Do any of you use menus for the game?

Haven't heard anything but yes probably, they'll roll one out again when sales / active players dip enough.

Are you poor though? It's on sale right now, you only need the base game. For now.

>Are you poor though?
Sadly yes, I'm trying to save up money to move to another country to study but having no job makes that hard.

Fair enough. Well I'll cross my fingers for you, user, hopefully there'll be another free weekend soon.

Although, judging by how bad the connection issues have been over Christmas it'll probably be unplayable during a free weekend. Does anybody know if it was bad last time?

>Die
>Respawn right next to three cleaners and a elite
>Die
>Repeat

Maybe this is why people keep leaving my group every time they die on Subway Morgue

>Play Survival mode on release day
>Successfully extract on first go
>Haven't played it once since

I think it's because I can't deal with disease-based timers; shit's way too stressful for me.

Life is just one big disease-based timer 2bh

>Dying
>On Subway Morgue

But seriously though, if you're dying on that level the only thing I can tell you is to keep your distance from Cleaners.

The ballistic shield was glitching. For whatever reason, i couldn't throw it away.

>Run three Hunter's Faith, three Sentry's Call, priority on Firearms stat
>Extra 20% Headshot damage from perks
>Tactical M700 with Brutal (extra headshot damage), Destructive (extra armor damage), and Elevated (extra damage when on high ground)
>Add 12x scope and Omega suppressor for an extra 16 and 18% headshot damage
>Can now one or two shot rogues in the DZ depending on armor

I almost felt compelled to buy the Sniper outfit because of how disgusting this setup is

>ballistic shield
Pussy

Ballistic Shield is honestly a pretty bad idea against Cleaners since they usually like to get all up in your shit with flamethrowers. I'd recommend using a support station with Immune or Auto Revive, using a well placed Turret (machine gun or fire are both good; taser is only good in PvP), and taking them on from afar with either a DMR for range or Machine Gun for out-of-cover bonus.

>mfw I just use the same pulse and flame turret everywhere for every faction.
Teach me yours ways.

I'm pretty much the same; only difference is swapping flame turret for support station when fighting LMB since First Wave agents can hack your turret.

Nothing wrong with shield against cleaners. Shield blocks normal flamethrowers. Only flamethrower that gets through is from the fatasses which is where you just pick off their tanks from a distance with your other gun.

Same actually. Without the timer, I'd play it a lot more. And I know it's ridiculous since you can easily finish it within a quarter of the time or less. Timers in general are just really stressful.

>mfw airburst and flame turret

I like the whole storm aspect of it. Wish we could get that going as a setting or something for our own normal game during solo play.

A few friends picked this up and i'm slightly interested in it but my gripe with it is the combat.

How bullet spongy/repetitive does the combat get in endgame? As far as i can tell its just a case of go into cover -> shoot bullet sponge -> repeat

If you're referring to the "you need better clothes or you'll freeze to death" part, I agree, it would definitely be interesting in the Dark Zone since Rogues wouldn't be able to camp anywhere for very long other than the subway system maybe

If you're referring to heavy snowfall obscuring vision, that already happens randomly server-wide

At endgame it's significantly less bullet-spongy; most enemies (barring bosses and Elite enemies) will die from one bolt-action rifle headshot, and in the Dark Zone other players are still relatively easy to kill even with max armor.

I want heavy snowfall, fog and night on all the time, not just 5 minutes.

If they were to implement that, they'd have to adjust the AI's sight range since as it stands their sightlines stay the same regardless of weather condition

Why does my game crash when i go full screen?

Different user, here. I think that would be an excellent little addition / way of things. Incorporate more enemies, make them generally weaker, imply the agent needs to either avoid them or abuse their lack of sight to get the advantage.

>shit's way too stressful for me

The storm aspect is gr8

The stupidest thing about survival is how it takes place in one of the neighborhood you've already explored pre storm. Which to me makes no sense on why you have to go from a neighborhood the character should already know, to the DZ for extraction. When the char could go to one of the safehouses or walk back to base after getting cold weather gear.

It would have made significantly more sense if the heli crashed across the river or in a different borough that is unexplored altogether.

Another great concept ruined by Ubisoft.

Also, does no one do the challenge missions for the daily anymore? I spent an hour looking for a group and got no joiners.

The reason you have to extract from the DZ is because the potential Green Poison vaccine is there and all the checkpoints in/out are closed from the storm (abandoned?). It's why you needed to climb the wall to get in, so it's not that farfetched to think you'd need a helicopter to get out.

True, but we've been in that DZ a billion times. Why do the vaccines show up all of a sudden inside the DZ we've combed through for dank loot and killing scrubs.

They have this gigantic fucking map, and they're using the same shit since release but with a different spin on it. I like the ideas they're going for. But holy shit could they put some more effort into it.

When I got back into this game and loaded survival up for the first time. I was expecting the helicopter to crash in a brand new area and the player would have to battle against elements, NPCs and other players to get to an extraction zone. Not, hey here's the same area you've been through a billion times. Go make some gear, kill a few enemies and then extract and get tons of loot for almost 0 effort.

I don't think it's that the vaccines showed up all of a sudden, it's more that why would you grab mystery vials of medical shit that could be useless/contaminated for all you know when there are cool guns RIGHT THERE.

As for new areas, yeah that is a bit of a bummer.

My streaming distance is set to 100% and everything else is also at max, i7 6700K and GTX 1080, 32Gb ram, no problems here.

Rogue agent with manhunt on him!

Except you cannot ever aim to make a headshot on a rogue!

In survival the enemy line of sight is shortened, at least, outside of the DZ. It'd be simple to implement if they added a weather toggle.

Yes, I am, now fuck off.

In this shot you see me and a player named heihei567, he is a chinese modder and got perma banned because I reported him, I have a good connection to a guy at Ubi that follows my reports close and when I meet a cheater in DZ they are gone within 3 days.

Something went wrong with my underground rank, it is 5546 :-)

Forgot pic, lol

Keep on wanking, faggot!

I go actively rogue hunting and wait for them to hole up or extract then pop them like a sneeki breeki snipper before they can react; if I'm in an active firefight I use either an AR or shotgun depending on range.

Liefling... and friend NightPredatorIT extracting in Survival.

How many you kill like that? After you shoot 1 I am sure they not gonna stand inline waiting for your next shot, they coming for you, been there, done that.

Stop giving them (You)s, even in a thread as dead as this we don't have to be that desperate

Mind your own business.

I've gotten ~10 on my own, with four of those being in a full squad; I intentionally wait for them to be in some sort of animation that gives me time to make two shots. Calling an extract, cutting a rope, trying to revive a downed team mate, stuff like that. Also worth noting that a lot of people don't know how to move if I shoot them when they're in cover and that usually seals their fate; if they're mobile they just lolrollspam but that tactic doesn't work once they've hunkered down. Long story short, I make sure I'm in an advantageous position/situation before I start shooting with the sniper rifle.

I believe you. I also do this, and always try to get to the higher ground, I got some like that also, but I am better with my LVOA in hand :-) But my M700 Carbon kills (1 shot or 2) a rogue from time to time also :-)