pastebin.com/NhBwT5Zk
>Jump point and SubArt megapack
mega.nz/#F!3tpUlapR!knV_JazwxfM-xct6PJyPEw

>Latest ATV: youtube.com/watch?v=R8wTqdDXplc
>RTV: (last week's) youtube.com/watch?v=nnPrz48kB78
>Loremaker's Guide to the Galaxy:
youtube.com/watch?v=DhJ_mqKHywQ
>Referral code randomizer:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-1-rpqu70wunuwc4CS9oqXwh1TnFS73f8HJAtAgKWeU/htmlview

>Citizencon Demo:
youtube.com/watch?v=pdCFTF8j7yI
>CitCon2016 Full Presentation:
youtube.com/watch?v=XuDj5v81Nd0
>Anniversary Stream Highlights:
youtube.com/watch?v=Oqhx7_RdDoQ
youtube.com/watch?v=X0T3KLnL9uY
youtube.com/watch?v=31ei4SUjaRA
----------------------------------------
>Elite: Dangerous information:
pastebin.com/ZT9GWmaC
>Gamescom info:
community.elitedangerous.com/eventseason16
heise.de/newsticker/bilderstrecke/bilderstrecke_3298445.html?back=3298273
gamestar.hu/gamescom/elite-dangerous-horizons-2-2-guardians-update-gamescom-2016-frissites-ujdonsagok-215519.html
>Latest videos
youtube.com/user/FrontierDevelopments/videos

Previous Thread

So i'm kind of new to SC and this Derek Smart stuff fascinates me.

Is he always so full of shit? Why do his followers still hang on his every word if what he says is so easily disprovable?

This OP is a piece of shit. New Thread! Thanks, user. You don did gud.

Go look at any big star citizen video and look at the comments. It's just one of those games that's attracted trolls who have to shout it down at every chance they get.

Most of them are butthurt goons who're upset the game isn't going to be EVE 2.0.

Derek himself is, of course, completely insane however.

>Derek himself is, of course, completely insane however.

He seems more like an unrepentant liar.

Many of his "followers" are just people egging him on for the lulz. If you are familiar with chris-chan, then you know what I'm talking about.

Reading the OP and seeing 'loremaker's guide to the galaxy' has got me thinking of the Hitchiker's guide again.

I wonder how possible it'll be to play purely shipless, hitchiking across the verse documenting the crazies you find.

Even Lowtax?

I'm about to buy SC and I was wondering what sort of performance I could get with i7-6700 and GTX 1070? I heard the fps issues are only because of the network thingy. Also when can I expect 3.00 to release? will that fix the fps issues too?

That response from this Lowtax fellow doesn't even make sense. It's a recommendation, so even if it were true CIG would not have to 'go around it'.

The fuck is wrong with these people? Brain damage?

I'm about to buy SC and I was wondering what sort of performance I could get with i7-6700 and GTX 1070?
About the same as everyone else with a mid-high end rig. That is, 25-40 fps, depending on how full the server is. Beyond that, there's no real way to tell yet.

>I heard the fps issues are only because of the network thingy.
True, those're meant top be fixed by 3.0 though when the new netcode hits.

>Also when can I expect 3.00 to release? will that fix the fps issues too?
No-one outside CIG knows when it'll hit. CIG probably doesn't know either yet, and any date they publish should be treated with extreme suspicion.

>will that fix the fps issues too?

If you want a stable game wait for release. If you're not okay with bugs and terrible performance then don't buy in.

He owns a forum where people pay him to post there, so yes.

>what sort of performance I could get with i7-6700 and GTX 1070

Buy a 1080 or Titan, you can't buy more computer than that. You're not asking how it will perform, you're dick waving. Go to YT to see how the game runs, you literally have the best gear sold. Dafuq do you expect?

I have a 1st gen i5 and an r9 270x. Its playable at my level.

Also, what said. Wave dick in battlestation thread.

>scg/edg/ Star Citizen/Elite:Dangerous general #113

Stop fucking doing this STOP FUCKING DOING THIS

/scg/ NEEDS TO BE IN THE TITLE OF THE THREAD OR IT DOES NOT GET STICKIED BY MY FILTERS AND I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE

I'M SURE YOU THINK IT'S A FUNNY JOKE WITH THE [EMBED]S AND THE SHITTY OP BUT THIS IS THE THIRD THREAD THAT DOESN'T HAVE IT AND ITS FUCKING ANNOYING

FUCK YOU

Any news on when the Star Marine combat won't be so clunky?

these turn speed limits suck

does anyone think it's fun just slowly turning in circles trying to shoot someone?

When you stop touching yourself

you are more than welcome to make the next thread. But this user stepped up so shut your mouth. Entitled fucking babies.

Alright. Now where's my combat patch Roberts?

This motherfucker wouldn't read the TOS for his own project if you held a gun to his head, but he read hundreds of pages of an agreement he isn't even part of, to prove a point to people who either don't know who he is or laugh at him already because they do know who he is?

Is he a neckbeard that reached true neckbeard nirvana? Did he reach a level only attainable every couple hundred years by someone truly dedicated to not having as much tact as possible?

turn off gsafe and comstab then reduce your speed. If you still have an issue, try flying something other than your starfarer.

But, I like flying my Starfarer. In between missions we can play hide and seek by we I mean I would play with someone, if anyone else would have contact with me for more than 5 consecutive minutes, but that is totally unrelated as to why I bought the Starfarer in the first place and not at all why I also have a 890, BMM, and both Cats.

>stepped up
>spent 5 seconds copy/pasting the old thread
>this is admirable somehow
>expecting him to take 5 seconds more to delete the embeds and format the subject line properly, like every other thread on Veeky Forums manages to do, FOR THE EXPRESS PURPOSE OF PEOPLE WHO USE FILTERS
>this is entitled

I wish I could put snakes in your car

OP here, I don't usually make threads, but I did it after we hit the bump limit and were on the last page because no-one else was bothering.

But yeah, you know, better to let it 404 and drop off the board completely than to mess it up slightly in a way that triggers your autismo.

Or you could just do it yourself next time instead of whining, but whatever floats your boat user.

Why don't you do it then ;)

Yeah you're a hero user. You should be proud of yourself, you even got a personal dicksucker out of it who must be just as new as you and thinks making the OP is some kind of valiant public service.

Here's a little edification just for you. Including both backslashes in the subject line has nothing to do with my autism. It has to do with filters, a feature of this site you may be unaware of, but many people find very useful. When you fuck up the OP you fuck up everyone's filters until a new thread is made. Today you learned something new, congratulations.

I guess I will have to, since no one around here can be trusted to do it right or even understand why it's wrong

Why does anyone have to care about people who use filters, That's your call, not mine.

Also, do not own car.

Because the thread is here for many people, the thread is not here just for you.

I'll be your friend. Do you want to ride in my freelancer?

Listen, man. I don't know you, but maybe if no one wants to hang out with you its because you've got a shit personality.

>When you fuck up the OP you fuck up everyone's filters

But I didn't fuck it up, I just copy/pasted it. Whoever wrote it fucked it up.

This thread is for people who can manage to use an 13 year old mongolian yogurt crafting website. You go make your special snowflake filter friendly reddit thread. We'll see which is better.

Run along now, pumpkin.

Hey!

You'd suck OP's dick too if ya got a taste of it. Fucking delicious.

Yes, hence
>no one around here can be trusted to do it right or even understand why it's wrong

I'll just make them from now on. Go take a load off champ.

That's pretty good from someone who clearly hasn't got the faintest idea how anything works around here, why it works that way, why people follow specific protocols so that it keeps working that way, or even anything at all about this Panamanian soap whittling imageboard, but I appreciate you've at least learned to reflexively call people Redditors, that's a big first step towards fitting in around here and I'm proud of you son.

Freelancers are obviously not large enough to play hide and seek on.

I didn't offer to play hide-n-seek, I offered to be your friend and ask if you wanted to ride in a freelancer. Here you go not listening and making unreasonable demands. No wonder you are all alone.

>2504 m/s
>not in quantum travel

What was meant by this?

the audio in AC is still pretty shitty when you're getting shot at. I turned off the music and there's barely any impact sounds. It sounds cool when they actually play but usually only when you're seconds from exploding

I mean the rotation limits

>download 2.6
>spawn Caterpillar
>fly to Covalex and park it just outside with the front door open
>equip Behring and hide in the engine room
>any time I hear doors opening, I emerge from my hiding space and murder the poor bastard who made the mistake to set foot upon my ship

I am the Alien now.

Seeing as it's ancient concept art, Quantum Travel could very well have been intended to just be you floating across the system, E:D-style. Fuckin' glad it's not that now.

What exactly did you expect, to be able to point your nose like its Quake?

whoever mocked this up should be the one doing UI layout

Yes, merely pretending

I got E:D from the christmas sale and I want a ship for scanning space rocks/USS's and light bounty hunting in the bubble without handling like ass. What are my options.

Im getting frustrated with how easy my Freelancers gun hardpoints break off. Would the Connie Taurus be a worthy upgrade from Freelancer? Ive flown the Andromeda and it handles suprisingly well and the weapons were real nice. So Freelancer < Connie Taurus?

What are you asking? Yes, the Taurus is bigger, tougher, with more guns and more cargo space. So it's an upgrade in nearly everything, but also crew size, so you better make some friends if you want to get any value from it.

So I'm stuck waiting a fucking week for my GPU and mobo to arrive so I can finally plug all these other pieces into them and have a functioning goddamned computer. But I'm really wanting to leap into Star Citizen when they finally arrive.

A flight stick sounds like it would be a lot of fun for a game like this and I imagine they're pretty popular for this game.

What is the best flight stick I can get my hands on for this game? Price is irrelevant.

>typing three letters into the catalog is so much work you'll write several long rant posts about having to do so

>a project nobody cares about
>literally the most profitable crowdfunded anything ever
yes, Derek is the delusional one

Personally have a TM Warthog and I think its amazing. Plethora of buttons on the throttle are always useful too.

VKB is also very good but much more difficult to get a hold of.

Old image but you get the idea.

Thanks user. I'll look into them.

ASP Explorer is probably the best all-rounder for stuff like that. It has a good jump range, is pretty decent in combat and even has a fair amount of cargo space.

Don't know its tougher, brosef. Not a flyable ship in the game yet.

Something is wrong with the 4 "nose" guns on the freelancer. They can be destroyed/damaged incredibly easy. Even without losing your shields. I have only seen this occur in the PU but may also be occurring in Arena Commander but I have only played a few matches recently.

If anyone wants to confirm this, just find a lightly armed pirate aurora and let him plink away at you while rotating and whatnot to ensure your shields are always up. Soon enough, your guns will stop working (or at least some of them).

It will be tougher, because it costs more.

Holy hell he looks like a shitskin in that pic

Kek

Why the fuck would they put on a sale just when everyone is busy with family events?

So, cig is on a holiday vacation now?

>Wow I'm so busy I can't even click on some website buttons
Is your brain on vacation?

>Wow I'm so busy I can't even click on some website buttons

Yep, didn't get on my computer all day, far better things to be doing.

Did you have better things to do for the entire ten days from when they announced there would be a boxing day sale. It sucks when you miss out on stuff because you aren't paying attention but it's not like they won't have a bunch more large sales next year.

Just wondered what the sense is in limiting it to such wierd days.

Extend it by a single day and suddenly not everyone has to plan their ability to get to a computer to buy jpegs

You can't ask simple questions in /scg/ since it's full of literal cultists. I'm surprised none of them have told you to kill yourself yet.

Yes it's a stupid time to put up a sale. They should last longer. But this is CIG so just accept it.

You do have a point. I think it's a marketing ploy, the limited time only buy it while you can shtick probably wrings a bit of extra money out of people who would normally save up for their .jpg and in the process realize they'd be happy with a cheaper one or they become skeptical and decide to withhold their money till launch.

Since you've just started I'd recommend the Cobra MkIII. It's multipurpose so you'll be able to outfit for exploring and fighting.

I'm talking about the changes in the latest patch dipshit

>dipshit for not reading your mind

Still don't know what you're talking about, by the way. Pointing your nose, especially with boost, is fine on the ships that are meant to be easy to point

they lowered the rotational speed at which ships can spin in the latest patch

in space things can spin freely and there would be no such limit so I think it is dumb especially when you're up close trying to shoot another spaceship

Can anyone help me. I'm on the 8th or 9th ICC mission and my log lists my objective as 'Locate the Starfarer wreckage site' but I have no indicator/marker as to where to go.

What do?

>8th or 9th ICC mission
Jesus christ. I thought there was only one.

How many are there? do you just keep going back?

kill yourself

In space things can spin freely sure, but the concept of inertia still applies so a bigger heavier ship is slower to start moving or change direction regardless.

>How many are there?
Well, there is at least 8 or 9. If I can figure out my issue I will get back to you on the final amount.

>do you just keep going back?
yes

What ship, specifically, do you take issue with?

which is why I said speed and not acceleration

I am fine with the ships having more inertia but the rotational speed limit is too low just to avoid anyone complaining about overshoot or to make everything a turn battle or something dumb

There's no point doing ICC missions. It's grind.

You get a few thousand aUEC from it, and then in 3.0 they will wipe all your currency. What's the point? Until they start respecting players instead of telling them that Star Citizen is a 2nd online job, they can fuck off.

Thanks for the exposé

In the Yela belt, near where you come in if you jump straight from Olisar, there's a derelict Starfarer. It shows up on your scanner as a friendly ship with no handle, as if someone has gotten out of it to E.V.A

>grinding alpha currency

lmao who would even think that

I'm more concerned that they're pumping out these missions just to prove they can make missions. It's hard to believe they'll have 100s of interesting missions that make you feel like you're exploring anytime soon

>earn currency
>buy guns and armour
>go have a bit of shooty fun times in Covalex and Kareah and play about with the clothing options

This isn't a difficult concept.

>earn currency
>then have fun
So I'm right, it's pointless grindy shit. Stop replying to me if you are a cultist, it won't end well.

TrazIon
Ozzy
NKato

Biggest fail faggots in the Star Citizen universe.

Well inertia still applies to any movement so the ship shouldn't follow your input instantaneously but I do agree that it seems slow. I fly a hornet though so it's par for the course as far as I'm concerned. Also it varies by axis ship-to-ship due to the placement of maneuvering thrusters so there may just be a better way to pull turns in your particular craft.

Care to elaborate on why?

Do not forget Montoya.

>grindy
If you don't enjoy doing ICC missions then do something else.
The mission in itself is part of the gameplay. Finding the wreckage of some poor fucker's ship to report back to the ICC probe on the distress beacon.

Stop posting if you're an autist, it won't end well.

Wow, another form of shitposter. Now the most common game mechanic is 'grind'.

>If you don't enjoy doing ICC missions then do something else.
They were fun in 2.5 until I did them the third time. Then all my aUEC were wiped. They can fuck off.

Alpha currency shouldn't be wiped in an alpha.

Having to grind credits before having fun is a shit cancerous way of making a game.

Do you understand the concept that this is development and random wiping of currency in the finished product will not be something that happens?
Having to earn currency again in the new patches in a test build of a game is a non-issue. You're testing the game, not playing it.

Is actually mining in a HazRES possible? Pirates kept spawning on top of me. Had to bail out even in a vette.

Then I've already tested the game and have no reason to test it again. Like I said here there's no point in doing them, it's grind.

Thanks for proving my point.

Im neither a star citizen fanatic or a goon but I sure as hell know that Derek faps to the native american woman.

>Holy shit, that waifu stalking

>Having to grind credits before having fun is a shit cancerous way of making a game.

You mean it's a way of making a game that you don't like because you value instant gratification and might not have much free time to play within.

The solution is to go play something else because nobody cares. I suppose I cared enough to reply but I have to go take a shit then make some breakfast so now's your chance to make some extremely witty shitpost to which I will appear to have no response.

>You mean it's a way of making a game that you don't like
No it's objectively bad because it goes against the aim and definition of game. Games are relaxing things that you do for fun. Grind is tedious and the antithesis of relaxing fun.

You've played too many shit games for too long and have become brainwashed. Undo the damage.

The only thing that seems to be proven is your juvenile autistic mindset that everything has to be immediately available to you at all times and development should immediately change the moment you play something.

Enjoy living in a life of pointless butthurt.

Sandi is native american?

>your juvenile autistic mindset that everything has to be immediately available to you at all times
You're not even a real person. You're a bot. Stop replying to me.