Hey @Veeky Forums

i really need your expertise right now. my dad and my uncle were talking about how they're gonna invest in Twitter stock because it's real low and they said i should to. I'm 21 years old and have almost $5k saved up from working at Red Robin. What do you think I should do? thanks.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GDp7SXhqC5g
twitter.com/AnonBabble

dont invest into twitter stock

but why tho?

arne't they a good company?

think of what unique value twitter provides....
very little. twitter's value is derived from it's users, if the users decide one day that twitter isnt important anymore then that's it, it's over.

> arne't they a good company?

No. Diminishing user base. Diminishing profits (actually there usually isn't profit). Continued SJW censorship. Easily duplicate product. Invest in anything else my negro.

>invest in Twitter stock because it's real low
It's really not though. Twitter is still valued at over 12 billion dollars. Nobody is fucking stupid enough to pay that much money for a product that is yet to be profitable. Twitter will sell for less than a billion or go completely under. Your family is dumb.

this.

TWTR hasn't produced anything new in 4 years.

That's a death sentence for a company.

>twitter makes no money
>actively trying to drive away any user who isn't a far-left cuck (not just the alt-right but moderate leftists as well)

OP was unironically about to invest in twitter, fag confirmed confirmed living in a rock in the past it's now case figure in history of a fruit that turned sour

do your own research before hopping bandwagons,

>meming themselves through feeds then fake news is news

Just because you've heard of a company doesn't mean they're good.

twitter is dying. the active userbase is mostly retarded. instagram and facebook are where the money is.

A company's current value is essentially worth their cash flow until the end. The fact Twitter has been completely stagnant(as a company) and has the price it does means one of two things: a) it's selling at exactly what it's worth right now, or b) people are hanging on to false hopes and it's very overvalued.

In either situation, they're definitely not a buy, and your dad and uncle are morons for thinking they're undervalued.

and if they mean "low" as in simply: $18 a share is not a big number to them, they're even bigger idiots. I'm going with the market on this one, and keeping out.

I'm surprised this didn't happen sooner. Still surprised Instagram didn't sink either.

Twitter is basically a lower-quality Facebook and Instagram is like a Facebook but with a them around photography.

Disclaimer- I am not advising for or against buying Facebook stock.

I just took a look at their last 10-Q. My God what an ugly picture.

Look at their cash flow statement. Almost all of their money is going into purchasing marketable securities and they're even LOSING at that. The fact they are so top-heavy in that kind of investment shows they have NOTHING worthy to invest in internally, which means they are NOT growing. This company is far dead. I haven't seen a tech company so dead. I would short them if I were you.

I think Twitter is the last company on the market I would invest in besides obvious pump and dumps.

I truly believe simply typing three letters into google + stock until you find something is a better investment than Twitter.

I actually did that once upon a time. Found myself putting 400 in MTG which quickly tripled! I still have it.

Unless they have insider knowledge... and something tells me they don't... they should be looking at fundamentals. Pic related.

Tell them you'll invest in Twitter when it has a profitable year and not before. This isn't a perfect rule - I might have bought Tesla at $60 if I didn't follow it - but when a company loses money year after year, nobody invests in it. They're just speculating that it will do something in the future it's never been able to do in the past.

OP here, HA HA HA!!! this was bait you stupid fucking assholes! i'm actually a 32 year old virgin from Canada. We don't even have Red Robins up here. I'm actually short TWTR right now (put options).

So, are you fuckin' guys gonna make #twittergate happen or what :(
I'd like to make some fuckin' money here if that's not too much to goddamn ask.

> i'm actually a 32 year old virgin from Canada.

lol'd, don't know why

Look mom! I trolled Veeky Forums!

i sure did, honey.

b-but we do have red robins here

not in southern ontario. never been to edmonton did not know about this. will have to make a special trip.

>actually short TWTR right now (put options).
terrible play. this company has so much investor money you're shit will expire worthless.

You're using the word invest. If you intend to invest, read the prospectus and evaluate accordingly. Do you want to be part owner of Twitter? If so, why? How do they make money? What happens if the way they make money is no longer viable? If the stock goes down and stays down for the next 10 to 15 years, are you going to be confident in the company enough to hold (or buy) more shares? How do you know?

For me, most individual "investments" are just specutative bets. If you're going to bet, that's fine, just don't delude yourself into thinking that your "investing" in a company you don't have a firm grasp on.

For me, I don't like betting. Dollar cost averaging on a few index funds is my current plan. That way I won't have to do independent research on 8000 different companies to determine one or two winners. We're also in a bull market right now, it doesnt make sense for me to invest heavily in individual companies. I'm looking forward to a bear market for more speculative opportunities but it just sounds like a bad idea right now IMO, OP.

wtf it's B8 yous asshole! maybe try reading the thread before you reply to it next time?

watch my youtube video:

Also, i undertstand what investing is. jeez.

shorting on twitter has all the exact same unpredictability problems as investing.
you're going to short everytime some controversy happens only to find no crash and lose money....and then it just slowly creeps away like myspace.

I watched the whole thing it was pretty good, you should really give up on shorting twitter though

ok thanks. i think i will sell my position tomorrow and preserve my capital. it probably has lower to go yet, but who can time the market. i hope jack dorsey dies.