Celica Supra

Hey Veeky Forums, we all know about the mk3 and its headgasket issues. What about the mk2 celica supra? What are some of the most common issues?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pHsakp2ulLc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

common issues include

rust
being slow
being heavy
not handling well
awful 80s interior and looks

90% of them suffer from all 5

I know this is bait, but I meant mechanical problems

ok

rotted rubber
leaking hatches

you know the same problems as every old piece of shit out there

thanks i guess. Did you get cucked by a supra owner or something cause you seem to hate them

its called being realistic

you should try it sometime Im not sugar coating the car because you want to hear its perfect

There really aren't any common issues. Any problems you run into are going to arise out of age more than anything. Deterioration both exterior and interior are commonplace so make sure you address any rust/corrosion as soon as you can. Refreshing the bushings and parts for your wheels/steering/suspension/chassis are essential. A good example are the chassis reinforcement kits for NA miatas. It's literally a web of metal you attach to the frame and it makes it good as new

thanks. regarding the chassis reinforcement kit, are you saying the miata kit fits on the supra? thats probably a dumb question but thats what it seemed like you were saying

>being thismuch of a salty know it all

OP litterally asked for common problems, he didnt want you to say " best weeb car on earth 0 problems buy immediatly."
You should consider being a nicer human being.

I own a silver MKII

They dont have many issues besides just being old
They are all 30+ year old EFI cars

lol nah, I was just mentioning it off the cuff. I highly doubt a supra needs any form of chassis reinforcement. miatas are just so light and frail that modern aftermarket suspension components are too strong for them so they need to be reinforced.

>awful 80s interior and looks

whew lades we got ourselves a badass overhere

>being this retarded after having op clarify it

no wonder you hate glorious 80's design

nice bro. The one im looking at is a dark brownish color. I know the cars are old and need some love. I was looking for more of fatal errors that would have to keep an eye out for

>You should consider being a nicer human being.

I told him the common problems I was pretty nice

>Celica Supra
Let's keep adding different names....
>head gasket
They suck. Toyota always has warping heads.
>22r reliable
Let's watch a 22r blow up. It goes almost a minute! Wow!
youtube.com/watch?v=pHsakp2ulLc

these dont have a 22R/E

they have a 5M

if it was a Celica I woudlve said killing the driver of boredom as a common problem

they're called celica supra's you fucking moron dumb cunt trash POS.

they dropped the celica part for the mk III's.

fucking dumb cunt.

>Let's watch a 22r blow up.

why did they do that exactly? did he say he spent 4k on that truck? why would he tank the engine.

its fun

more fun to hoon it to death though

5M only in USA and Japan, rest of the world got the 21R actually

Honestly a good list except no CRX.

Most of Europe[edit]
Sold from 1982 to 1986.
82–83: 2,759 cc (2.759 L; 168.4 cu in) DOHC 5M-GE 174 hp (130 kW) and 207 lb·ft (281 N·m) of torque. Analog dash, no fender flares.
84–86: 2,759 cc (2.759 L; 168.4 cu in) DOHC 5M-GE 178 hp (133 kW) and 212 lb·ft (287 N·m) of torque. Digital dash, P-Type fender flares.
Great Britain[edit]
Sold from 1982 to 1986.
82–83: 2,759 cc (2.759 L; 168.4 cu in) DOHC 5M-GE 178 hp (133 kW) and 212 lb·ft (287 N·m) of torque. Analog dash, no fender flares.
84–86: 2,759 cc (2.759 L; 168.4 cu in) DOHC 5M-GE 178 hp (133 kW) and 212 lb·ft (287 N·m) of torque. Digital dash, P-Type fender flares.
Australia, Sweden, and Switzerland[edit]
Sold from 1984 to 1986.
2,759 cc (2.759 L; 168.4 cu in) SOHC 5M-E 140 PS (103 kW; 138 hp) and 167 lb·ft (226 N·m) of torque.
The Supra in Australia was sold from 1983 to 1986 had a digital dash, fender flares, 14x7-inch wheels, 84 style lights, single piece spoiler, LSD and optional sunroof. This was the only variant and no L Types were offered.
In Australia, the Supra (manufactured between 1982 and 1990), was assessed in the Used Car Safety Ratings 2006 as providing "worse than average" protection for its occupants in the event of a crash.
New Zealand[edit]
Sold from 1984 to 1985
2,759 cc (2.759 L; 168.4 cu in) DOHC 5M-GE 178 hp (133 kW) and 212 lb·ft (287 N·m) of torque. Digital dash, P-Type fender flares.

this

Given the age of the car, you wont be facing any more "common problems" than any other 80s car. Shit gets old, vacuum lines degrade, electrical issues, rust, broken trim, the usual.

If you're confident with a toolbox, go for it.