Grandfather passed a month ago

>grandfather passed a month ago
>I am the only heir so i get everything
>big ass house, money, properties
>most interesting to me is the car collection
>also a garage to keep them all in
>ever since the news dropped my phone has been ringing nonstop
>every single time it's someone trying to buy one of the cars for 1/5th of the value because they think I'm a moron that doesn't know any better
>have no doubt in my mind every one of them is a boomer trying to get an easy flip or another car to shove in their garage and never ever drive
>tfw I will probably daily most of these cars in the spring/summer/fall since I'm officially retired now

That said, I wonder how many people inherit grandpops old car and get scammed out of it because they legitimately don't know any better. It's ridiculous what vultures these people are.

Other urls found in this thread:

rmsothebys.com/hf14/hershey/lots/1922-duesenberg-model-a-doctors-coupe-by-fleetwood/1070497
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Sometimes people don't even want to deal with their (grand)parent's stuff -- probably because they don't care about it for whatever reason -- and they just get rid of it as fast as they can.

Worse thing that can happen is that someone asks and gets told "no".

What sort of cars did he collect user?

Honestly man, I would sell that shit. I am the biggest autist you will ever meet when it comes to automobile heritage and older cars but even I have come to realize that the effort to reward ratio that goes into maintaining older cars like that simply isn't worth it. Sell that shit my nigga

>op instantly turned into a "I know what I got no lowballers" boomer

lmao

sell that garbage and buy good cars

post cars and offers received for said cars

>gets handed millions
>I know what I got! No lowballers!

Tell me what you have and I'll give you realistic values. Classics are my specialty.

Better question is how did these assholes get your number?

i suppose it's a good thing his property went to someone who appreciates it

Post pics of the cars and answer this user

bread in your grandpa's car collection's hoods.

Pic related is one, Yenko Nova, looks exactly like that. I got offered $15k for that one yesterday. Right now I'm packing my crap in my apartment to move across the country to his place, I don't know every car that's in there till I get in there and start pulling sheets off, but ones I remember are
>Plymouth Superbird
>Duesenberg convertible
>Buick Grand Sport
>Buick GNX
>Delorean
>Studebaker Avanti

There is more I don't remember

I literally have nothing to do now though, my working days are over. So I have plenty of wrench time

you have no family? how old are you? if he is your grandfather, how are you the only heir?

how old are you?

more details.

Your Grandad has fantastic taste.

>that generic as fuck list

sure thing

>Duesenberg
>generic

The rest is generic tho

check out these edge lords

back on the bus fuckwits

its a boring list

almost as if someone just thought of generic boomer mobiles to type out

surprised there isnt a 1970 Chevelle SS or a 1970 Hemi Cuda on there

I'm 26. Father had cancer before I was born and passed when I was around 4. Then as if God himself felt I hadn't been traumatized enough, my mother got diagnosed with brain cancer when I'm 9 and barely clears my 10th birthday. Grandfather took care of me from that point till I went to college.

>Gnx
Utter and complete bullshit. Post vin

>tfw I will probably daily most of these cars in the spring/summer/fall since I'm officially retired now
what security measures are you going to install?

That's the one that sets you off? The one car in that list that is actually a reasonable price and not super rare?

Raising someone else's kid? Sounds like a cuck

>Gnx
>Reasonable price
Maybe grand national but a gnx is retarded rare

>hey guys my peepop just croaked and gave me all his cars
>Nissan R34
>Toyota Supra
>Honda Civic
>Lamborghini Mercy
>Ferrari GTR

At least it's a believable list of shit an old guy would own. Not that I buy it

its also what OP could remember and he said there's more.

back to your bus pleb.

>hurrr your grandpa's car collection is shit tier compared to mine hurrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Go be a fag somewhere else

I figured he was talking about the turbo 80s ones. I have always referred to those as GNX

That said, pretty sure a Duesenberg convertible is 10x as rare as anything on that list

>sucking ops dick this hard

fuck off faggot you guys are so gullible

if my grandad had that shit of taste Id be glad he died so I could sell the shit and thats about it

Sell them all and invest in Twingos

>>every single time it's someone trying to buy one of the cars for 1/5th of the value because they think I'm a moron that doesn't know any better

It was worth a shot. Trust me, there are plenty of stories about widows/children underselling classic cars.

>this bait will get hundreds of replies

EVERY time

>1m Dusenberg
Ok fine
>15k GNX
No fucking way mannnnnn

The GNX is retardedly rare user. only 547 were built

>>Duesenberg convertible

Most people are going to offer you $8000 or less, but since you're a br/o/, I'll take it off your hands for $10k.

>Lamborghini Mercy

Unless it's an sj or ssj, they made a lot of Dusenbergs. The gnx is like unobtanium for performance of the 80s.

Gnx =/= gn

It still doesn't explain why that is the car that red flags the post and not the Duesenberg higher up the list which I have no doubt is rarer

>an Veeky Forumstist that made it

Please make a thread and post pics when you get there, OP. Obviously you've got other things to take care of, so when you find the time.

Number 83 is on eBay for $75k, so they aren't that hard to find not that expensive

Let's assume user isn't pulling our dicks here. The first car on the list is worth at least twice what a GNX would pull, so why is it shocking that a richfag old man bought a rare car that richfag old men buy?

If you post pictures, I'll assess.

If real, I would do almost anything to have a Duesenberg.

>Yenko Nova
boomer bait on the worst chassis
>Plymouth Superbird
cool car but has never risen in value
>Duesenberg convertible
Not worth a dime to anyone except an alsmot dead generation
>Buick Grand Sport
One of the cheapest muscle cars because it's garbage
>Buick GNX
Boomer version of a R32
>Delorean
Shit
>Studebaker Avanti
Shit

The reason I want to collect cars is because I like them, so your opinion on a car that I like really won't matter to me. People might say my truck is shit but I don't care because I like it.

/thread. and /thread

I keep liking you more and more '77 ford guy.

Now go fix that seriously fucked suspension on the chevy.

if op isnt lieing we should be able to see who died in the news seeing as how few deusenburgs there are

7 i believe

Wait you got the cars? Sorry for your loss man. Keep em up

fuck off fag

pics with timestamps or gtfo

>$75k not that expensive
>says the guy that financed a corolla

It's not expensive compared to a million dollar Duesenberg, fuck you retards are so dense

Actually, some are pretty reasonably priced. When my mother passes, I could literally buy this Duesenberg with her insurance policy:

rmsothebys.com/hf14/hershey/lots/1922-duesenberg-model-a-doctors-coupe-by-fleetwood/1070497