How much money is needed to support an upper middle class family of 4 in the Midwest/South?

How much money is needed to support an upper middle class family of 4 in the Midwest/South?

$26k per year and $0 net assets.

i wish i had 5 wives like this guy

Lots. My wife and I both make 65K each. I can barely afford my 3rd car.

Depends on how well you manage your finances and your cost of living. Then there's some tax credits / deductions that one could use just for having children...

The far left is hot.

That's all.

>I can barely afford my 3rd car
typical over-leveraged faggot burgers trying to keep up with the joneses

he's lying, 3 new cars would cost something like $2100 per month all included. Should be easy with a household income of $11,000 per month.

also of course nobody in the south or the Midwest makes that much money.

At least $100k a year.

I'd say $150k+.

I was one of 4 kids, lived in Georgia. My dad had to make about $200k a year for us to live a good life.

I remember when I was a kid my mom would go to the grocery store and buy about $200 in food. It would all be gone in less than a week.

That's cool, I meant two kids

>we spent $200/week on food
>dad had to earn $4,000/week so we wouldn't starve

It's more than just food. I asked him about it one time.

> clothing, shoes
> the house
> 2 cars
> mortgage
> any activities or sports we did
> medical stuff
> Christmas, birthdays

etc..

We lived well though I will admit.

he is talking upper middle class and not just living pay check to pay check you poor fag

oh I know what it costs, I just thought food was a funny example since it's a tiny fraction of raising a family.

kids don't cost much. It's things like vacations and private schools that eat up the cash.

if his dad was making $200k/annum he wasn't "upper middle class," he was top 2% wealthy, maybe even top 1% depending how long ago it was.

My comment was sarcasm either way.

$45,000 if you are not dumb with money.

You get $6000 in taxes from the govt, free school lunches, Medicaid for the kids and much more. It's the equivalent of making $80,000 a year

Depends on your lifestyle.

My Uncle and his wife probably makes $45K combined with 2 kids and they get by just fine. They don't do much. Typical Summer vacation. Cheap hobbies like fishing. Don't pay for cable. They go /out/ a lot to free campgrounds.

My Aunt and her husband make about $80K combined with 2 kids and they're constantly complaining. They don't have money for kid's clothing but he can buy brand new golf clubs, NFL season ticket, season tickets to Redskins games, etc. They go to amusement parks like every other weekend, buy stupid shit they don't need, then sell 50 cents to the dollar because they need to sell it quick to cover bills.

I take home $3,600/month and I think I could comfortably manage 1 child without giving much of my lifestyle choices. I'm like my Uncle. I prefer fishing and camping and hiking over $180 tickets for the family to a water park or thousands for season tickets to a sports game when watching on TV is much more convenient.

Depends where in the Midwest. For example, Minneapolis is going to be much more expensive than south Dakota

Thats top 0.01% in the south. I come from a family with 7 kids and my parents never made more than 35k a year and we got by. The other user is either a troll or thinks you need to buy a private yacht and eat fine dining every night to raise kids.

right? Not terribly long ago $200k would buy you 20 mid-size houses in the south.

>upper middle class
braces, private school, sports?

You'd have to be brilliant with money (or not have a mortgage) to live the upper middle class lifestyle with less than $120k/yr

I like to think I grew up upper middle and my dad made +/-$150k. He never spent a dime on himself.

I feel ya man.

Overprotective fathers are fucking weird.

A LOTTA money

Yeah it's like they wanna fuck their daughters.

Do wifes with income actually provide for their households? I thought they counted as a child too

>tfw to intelligent to post obvious bait

my parents make $130k combined, soon me and my sibling will be making $60k - $70k each

we can afford whatever we need, but we can't "afford" to drive bmw's and mercedes benz's yet, because paying for other shit like school, but once that's all done, in 3 years or so, we will be making like $300k annually as a family, which is about $150k after taxes and shit, so, that will leave us with $13k monthly of disposable income

then you realize, $13k is not enough because that's $3.25k per person, albeit there is no mortgage, we can basically blow through it, but it's still "not enough" to have money so you're not worried about a washing machine breaking down, or needing to fix some plumbing, maybe change the roof of the house, etc.

I think you've gotta be earning $200k after taxes, net take home pay, to really be comfortable enough to live comfortably.

that's around $400k for me in canada -_- before taxes

A fucking leaf

> -_-
Why do I keep coming to this place

>I think you've gotta be earning $200k after taxes, net take home pay, to really be comfortable enough to live comfortably.

I think you form your standards by Veeky Forums NEET Veeky Forums memes.

Making $200k per year net just to live comfortably is fucking retarded

>then you realize, $13k is not enough

>$13 000 A MONTH IS NOT ENOUGH

For what? What is it not enough for that you need?

>but it's still "not enough" to have money so you're not worried about a washing machine breaking down, or needing to fix some plumbing, maybe change the roof of the house, etc

You have enough money to replace washing machines, fix plumbing and replace your roof every single month.

??? I live in South Carolina. I make $100k, my wife makes $60k. With maxing out college funds and 401(k)s, we cant afford 3 cars .I do have 2 cars and a motorcycle though.

Only debt we have is our mortgage, which is about 1/2 the value of our home.

>>I think you've gotta be earning $200k after taxes, net take home pay, to really be comfortable enough to live comfortably.

>He fell for the Veeky Forums meme

>I suffer so much with ONLY 2 cars and 1 motorcycle
Kill yourself spoiled cunt.

OP was asking what was required for an upper middle class lifestyle, not what was required to get by. I am not suffering, nor did I imply I was.

Thats not "upper middle class" Thats bourgeois scum

you can afford 3 cars, you just choose to spend your money on retirement and college funds instead.