Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/ackkstudios
gafferongames.com/game-physics/fix-your-timestep/
pastebin.com/Y60AhvqT
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>forgot to remove/update previous thread
well shit

first for nothing

Is there a character that could even possibly EVEN TOUCH Source Senpai? Let alone defeat him. And I’m not talking about Reek AKA Birdmath. I’m not talking about Pepsifam aka Lolisimdev either. Hell, I’m not even talking about SourceFam with the :o) and Sourcemod images (with the (You) abilities and being capable of both shitposting and derailing threads), equipped with his Veeky Forums pass, a perfect meme, control of the samefagging and brain damage, with bokudevs actual progress implanted in him so he has dogposting and can perform "Owning this thread, with no survivors!" Ultimate final death blow while being an expert in trannies and being a lunatic.

>this OP just when I was listening to some vaporware
Get out of my head OP.

that's not even vaporwave you try-hard, that's just generic 80's shit.

post recap

POST PROGRESS

Added player and enemy models.
Added some mountains that scroll.
Started working on a store.

>want to post progress
>only worked on lewd animations and mechanics for days

artist here, looking for work. pic related, a study of a cat

what's the difference?

>post progress
>0 reply
No I've learned my lesson.

just censor them and post them if they actually exist

Tried, but it's not so much lewd as it is hardcore, and I can't really censor them without blocking out almost the entirety of the frame.
I don't know where the line is- I can block out the immediate area of contact, but dry humping or jiggle physics are hardly safe for work.

delta time y/n?
and if yes doesn't shit hardcore break if players get way too low or high fps?

TEN
CARDS
LEFT
MOTAVIA LEND ME YOUR STRENGTH

upload them to pomfcat and link them here.

Made a new skill screen that is not just a giant sprite.
Also some progress on NPCs

>YIIK is not even out yet and it probably has one of the best soundtracks of all time
hold me
soundcloud.com/ackkstudios

gafferongames.com/game-physics/fix-your-timestep/

Yes.
Unless your playerbase is autistic about frames, like with fighting games.

Still doing this. Discarding most of the stuff I put in and redoing

Also, I added a frame capper using the chrono header in C++ to stop my computer from sounding like it's dying while I test shit out and for some reason any time I try to cap my max frame time around 16.6_ms Windows forces it to exactly 15.6ms causing me to get around 64fps avg. Is there anything you can do about that shit besides using Linux?

Check if the delta time is lesser than your intended minimum. If yes, sleep for the remaining time.

Try using steady_clock instead, also these clocks will always be inaccurate, it's a big deal with audio programs especially.

How does Vsync work exactly, anyhow? If you push a frame too early does it just hold it until the blanking period? What if you push in two frames? Does it queue them or does it just render the most recent one?

> If you push a frame too early does it just hold it until the blanking period?
yes

>What if you push in two frames? Does it queue them or does it just render the most recent one?
it pauses your program until the driver gives you a go again

it's alright.

Just tried that, it's still wrong but I'm getting 61.4fps now so that's an improvement.
Here's my code, just applied it to the SFML example to make things ez.
pastebin.com/Y60AhvqT

diving into handpainted, i feel nervous already

help with c#

in an inherited class, when i call a base function from within an overriden function, it uses the baseclass variables instead of the childs

the virtual function in the base class looks something like this

public virtual void f(){
if(a == 0) return;
}

the override function in the inheriting class looks like this

public override void f(){
base.f();
dosomethingelse();
}

when base.f() is called, a has changed from its default value but it's still use the default because that's what it is in the base class. please hlpe

eevee and vulpix have been getting it on

>people say nice things about your game
>still a depressed loser

I got walking, running, punching animations down.

>0-3 UI
>4-7 population
>8-9 something actually productive and worthwhile

Should I be using A* for this or is there an easier solution? Basically the AI would only jump over short walls and drop down short drops like pic related (blue line means it can reach the player). It won't try to jump over gaps, jump up onto a platform or anything like that. If it can't reach the player via those rules it just patrols left and right.

Best way to code in game level editor for a side scroller in Unity?

keyboard

Seriously just tweet this shit to Christine Love and mcclure111 already and enjoy your free twitter (you)s. You've absolutely nailed the aesthetic. Make buck.

Hey /agdg/,

Does anyone ever find themselves getting stressed out by setting themselves over ambitious projects, or even just ambitious projects?

I find myself getting stressed just planning out very large projects, and worrying is the thing even going to be fun after putting in the huge amount of work it will seem to need. Also hoping i don't overlook something critical and waste tons of precious hours working on something that won't work how I want.

Added the black haired villager girls. Blondies are next, and then different colored dresses.

I always thought 2D platformers used navmaps or navmeshes or whatever

start with a smaller project

I know, but I find myself getting attracted to big ones. Dream projects.

I wish i could just assess these projects mentally for feasibility and just not get stressed about them if I think they would be to hard. I'm like these with other projects too, not just game dev. bleh.

Yeah all the time. That's why you always have to start with a smaller goal. Work your way on it, and when you finish that you can move on a bigger one or make that same project grow by pushing the goal a little further.

Post great names for non-existent games without any ideas

you wouldn't build a skyscraper before you've built a wooden garage. Furthermore, no one would be surprised if you failed.

i get incredibly anxious when i decide to make something that supposed to sum up everything i learned

good advice desu.

true. I guess I set myself goals that are ultimate too hard for my current skill level.

Only instances have values stored in variables. An instance can't have 2 variables with the same name and type. So "a" can only refer to one value per instance

>tfw there's a game with roughly the same mechanics as yours on steam
>it has negative reviews that apply almost word-for-word to your game

the base class a and the current class a are the same variable.

>Start a simple project
>People start to play the demo and eyes are on it
>Get feedback and suggestions about being more ambitious
>Keep adding to the game until you get burned out

Happening to me right now

You never waste time while working on something. If you at some point decide that it's not the way you expected the project to be at the start, you can re purpose most of what you've made for it for the other game in addition to the knowledge gained.

>sushi captcha 2/3 of the time and I'm not even asian

at least now you can address those before releasing the game, avoiding the negative reviews

>tfw you're a mediocre programmer and non-artist so you can't make anything similar to any other successful game because you'll never make anything nearly as good
>tfw mediocre idea guy as well so can't come up with unique ideas

so how do i call the base function using the variables of the instance of the inherited class?

Learning how to rig on a Guilty Gears character. I am only in the range of 160 bones and already want to run away and hide. I can't believe real characters have over 300 bone setups.

If you're using an engine, learn 3D modelling. It's not really that hard, you can grasp blender in 2 days as long as you focus on learning the shortcuts, which are a must. For textures you can just download some free ones and filter them or something, or use just one color per poly and bake AO maybe.

Animations are somewhat more difficult but not really, just takes a bit more time.

As for idea guy,y ou don't need somethng groudnbreaking. copy some old game, simplify it to what makes it fun and maybe put your own twist to it.

I am not aware that what you are describing in the original post is possible as a problem. You must debug or execute the same code from within the calling function. If you query a before you call the base function, it will have the same value as inside the base function (outside of multithreading of course)

>You never waste time while working on something.
But I mean in terms of having an idea for a game that you'd absolutely love to create, but it's very hard to justify all the time it will take, but you could just about do it maybe if you kept a tight schedule..

But if you spend a lot of that time working on it, but realise you made a big mistake. Bad architecture, framework doesn't do what you need, langugae you picked is not appropriate, game engine not stable/fast enough etc.. and you need to scrap a lot of what you did and start over.. then you know you'll probably never be able to find the time to finish it.

I guess I just should know better, but it's hard not to try planning out uber projects...

a lot of those are hair and are partially animated through physics.

make a prototype first

If you're a 1MA and aren't doing this being funded by someone else who expects results by some date, I don't think any of this is relevant.

If you are making something new, as opposed to copy-pasting something that exists, you can't know what is the correct way of achieving anything and the only way to find out is by trying. It's like an optimization problem, the landscape of which you don't know how it looks like and you are trying to find the highest hill.

Something is not working? Change it to make it work.

I'd call you a retard and say they most likely use motion capture or just taiwanese slave animators who work 16 hours a day for months but I don't know for sure so I won't call you a retard for trying to animate 300 bones, because that's totally logical for an indie dev to spend time animating needlessly complex armature systems. Retard.

What engine is that?

pls give me "idea guy" game pitches
i cant think of anything ;-;

any agdg kickstarters up or coming?

a lowpoly character like this shouldn't have a complex bone system.
id call for 20 bones at best

you're in public and you have to shit

but there's no toilet in sight

you're trying to hold it in but you realise that it will come out soon

find a spot to shit in stealth

A game where you build and manage a research lab and use genetic engineering to develop killer insects that you then send out and control in isometric real-time tactics missions contracted by the government to kill foreign leaders and enemies of the state

>48k tris
>low poly
Sorry time-traveler, we're not that advanced yet.

game inspired by blockbuster Nolan film Memento where you are suffering from severe short term memory loss and have to take polaroid pictures of items and npcs to remember them, otherwise they are randomly regenerated when you leave the screen
you only have a limited amount of polaroid film, can you figure out what your goal in life was before you run out?

isnt that just impossible creatures

If I join agdg community on itch.io, will I get shunned by other people on itch.io? because of Veeky Forums

where is your 3d model

>he thinks the amount of polygons allowed in lowpoly will change as the technology advances
It's a minimalistic style, it's not about the limitations.
Besides, 48k tris is pretty low for characters these days.

why do you care and why would it matter?

Nope. No one cares. And if someone does care they're probably an idiot and not worth even acknowledging.

yes, you're a white supremacist nazi misogynist who hates refugees

user, I might be colorblind, but which girl is supposed to be the one with the black hair?

Euro chair stacking simulator 2017

the one with the red hair in the center-right

48k isn't low poly no matter which way you look at it.

P. good

Is there any point to Kickstarter nowadays? I thought that ship had sailed.
Most of the successful projects I see there nowadays have very large marketing budgets (they appear on major news outlets and shit), and it seems like the platform has shifted from a project funding to a pre-sales use.

yes, but what would THEY think that I am?

so that's where skyrim got their face models

Blondies are in. Dress colors will be next.
Reposting because I dropped the pic like an idiot

Game Maker ... 6.1

48k tris doesn't look like that
look like a 3k tris model at best
right here

people supported my kickstarter so i always like to help other people out, especially now that im close to release

Those will still need to be set up correctly in the engine which has proven to be quite time-consuming for me.

That was very kind of you to provide such valuable feedback. I will keep that in mind, thanks.

I plan to have a single base mesh and use attachments (e.g. current mesh has 60 bones dedicated just to hair all of which will hopefully be driven by physics) and this is just a training session in getting good.

I am eagerly looking forward to your pixelshit creation in the near future.

Yours truly.

because when I release my game, I don't want to be known as "he is probably a sexist nazi pedo"

so what's low for you these days for a character do you think? Even league of legends characters have 30k+ tris

I do think it's interesting you are using reddish blacks for outlines, but why? Is it for strategical reasons (like the game having predominately black backdrops so colored outlines help sprites stand out) or did you just like the way it looks?

>tfw you start a new project and you get shit on the screen
aw yiss

>not being a sexist nazi pedo

who the fuck that is worth interacting with actually cares, though? do you think you need approval from Rami Ismail's indie clique just to be successful?

a lowpoly character should be 12k polygons.
mgsv characters have about 70k more or less

should give you a rough estimate

oh no wittle baby got called names